XY OU Crystalised - Bulky Offense

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

After the lately stigma of RMT being mostly filled with terrible teams and tournament players not trying to fix it by posting their own teams, I figured I'd somewhat try to change that. So, what I am posting here is my and Unbirthday's main team for both tournament and ladder play for the past 3 or so months. I'd call Unbirthday my co-creator to this team as she tried her best to test and improve the team together with me. When this team was new, it reached more than 1700 points on the PO ladder several times, with one of our alts at #1 with 1805 points, went basically undefeated in tournaments and, even now, 3 months later, 4 people including myself have reached Deoxys voting requirements with it. Unbirthday also used this team twice in her recent WCOP run and went 2-0 so I guess that shows just how solid it is in tournament play and on ladder alike, even in todays metagame. However, as there are many new sets popping up that this team has trouble handling such as Specially Defensive Gliscor, Alomomola, even more Hidden Power Flying Thundurus, extremely fast Aegislash and I'm sure plenty of others, I've decided to officially retire this team so hopefully other people can learn how to build and play a successful Bulky Offensive team from it.

This team originally started out as a team for POWC. As such, Genesect was still allowed so I figured I'd take advantage of that fact and make a team around my old favorite Genesect set, CB Genesect.

After I had Genesect, I started to look for good offensive partners. Landorus stuck out as a great option, being able to take advantage of U-turns from Genesect to come in safely on Pokemon such as Heatran. It would also make a great offensive SR setter should I not be able to fit it onto anything else. Furthermore, Genesect can double switch into most of Landorus' counters and pull off a +1 Choice Band U-turn.

With Landorus and Genesect on the team, I obviously wanted to go into a more offensive direction rather than defensive. The next two Pokemon, Keldeo and Heatran, came to my mind at pretty much the same time. Keldeo offers useful resists to Fire, Water and Dark while Heatran stops almost every other Genesect dead in its tracks. Specs Keldeo also makes for another great recipient of U-turn while I used an old favorite of mine, ScarfTran, whom I already used on an old XY team with CB Genesect before. It offers much needed coverage against threats such as Thundurus which I currently struggled with.

While I had a solid offensive core, I was severely weak to multiple more-or-less common Pokemon such as Thundurus, Azumarill and Conkeldurr. I also still had my Mega slot open. Remembering that I also used Mega Venusaur on a team with Genesect and ScarfTran before, I made the smart decision to add it to this team as it beat many of the Pokemon that terrified me. I used an offensive set as to keep the constant offensive pressure with this team going instead of settling for physically defensive like on my old team.

With that, my main more of 5 Pokemon was formed. At this point, I tried to identify what I was weak to and saw a few problems: Sand Rush Excadrill could have a field day with my team, Landorus would get a kill pretty mu ch every time it came in and I wanted to reinforce my defenses against several Pokemon such as Aegislash, Latios, Latias, Talonflame and Pinsir. Furthermore, I wanted something that could remove hazards if possible. I didn't expect there to be a Pokemon that fit the bill perfectly but, after looking through the list of Defoggers, Mandibuzz caught my eye. Its unique typing and great defensive stats allowed it to do exactly what I wanted it to do.

This version of the team was extremely solid, but had a pretty huge weakness to Mega Tyranitar. However, since Smogon's metagame did not house Genesect but I realized just how well the rest of the team worked together, I tried to find a replacement for it. I wanted a Dragon check that still hit hard and had priority for the aforementioned Mega Tyrantar as well as other Pokemon that I'd like to snipe at low percentages such as Thundurus. While Azumarill obviously doesn't fill the same niche Genesect originally filled, it was still a very solid Pokemon and formed a very threatening double water core with Keldeo. So, while the past focus of the team in the form of Choice Band Genesect was removed, it opened up the door for Choice Band Azumarill to fill its shoes, which it actually did do rather well.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off​

Although it was technically the last member added, Azumarill fills the very important roles of being a secondary/tertiary Dragon check, revenge killing stuff with Aqua Jet and just generally smashing everything in its way with its immensely powerful attacks. It also switches into Keldeo decently well if we can't risk Venusaur getting burned or eating a Hidden Power Flying on the switch, and even provides a safety net against powerful sweepers such as Mega Gyarados and Sand Rush Excadrill. As for why we are using Choice Band Azumarill over one of the other sets, we really felt that this team would lack some much needed physical firepower with Genesect gone. While Assault Vest still hits decently hard and would provide us with more safety against Greninja, we felt that we would lack the ability to break full stalls, especially if they utilize Skarmory, Quagsire or both. With a Choice Band, Azumarill can just easily muscle its way past both of those with just a little bit of prior damage. Belly Drum is, in our opinion, a pretty average set anyway, and it doesn't fit this team at all as all six of my Pokemon can technically "sweep" lategame, so we didn't consider a set-up sweeper such as Belly Drum Azumarill important or even needed. Not to mention that both of these sets lose out on some much needed power against Mega Gyarados, Thundurus and Excadrill, just to name a few. The EVs also focus on the stallbreaking aspect, as we sacrificed a rather large amount of bulk for the ability to outspeed Skarmory running anywhere from 0 to 12 Speed EVs. While we do miss the bulk at times, it also comes in handy against other Azumarill and, most importantly, quite a few Mega Mawile, so we think raising its speed was the right decision. The set is your standard non-setup Azumarill set, but that is because it's simply the best. Waterfall and Play Rough give Azumarill incredibly wide coverage and allow it to hit almost every for huge damage. The few targets that its stab combination do miss out on, such as Amoonguss or Ferrothorn, all take heavy damage from Knock Off with the exception of Mega Venusaur. Aqua Jet is one of the reasons we picked Azumarill in the first place, and its utility can not be underestimated. It allows us to finish off a few low to mid health threats and even some high health ones such as Excadrill or Terrakion, the latter of which causes massive problems for this team in general. It also allows us to play mindgames with the likes of Mega Mawile if they're trying to take out Azumarill at low health and can even put us into a lategame sweep situation if all their Pokemon are weakened or weak to Aqua Jet. The last thing that can't be understimated is the usefulness of having two extremely powerful water types on one team. Many teams already struggle a fair bit with a well played Keldeo, so having Azumarill as its partner in crime is definitely a good thing as, even if Azumarill and Keldeo generally have different counters, they share a few such as Amoonguss or Mega Venusaur. Being able to force them to take damage with two Pokemon instead of one proved to be invaluable many, many times. Overall, while Azumarill doesn't offer the same qualities as Genesect, it makes up for it with its own mix of useful applications and using it as Genesect's replacement was probably the right call as it performs all its duties admirably.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock​

Unlike Azumarill, Landorus' job varies a lot depending on the matchup. In more stallish matchup he generally sets up Stealth Rock early in the game as the most common Defogger, Skarmory, doesn't want to come anywhere near its powerful Focus Blast while Mandibuzz gives Keldeo plenty of free turns to do whatever it wants to do. Zapdos is more of a problem, but smart switching can usually circumvent Zapdos' impact on the match. If Zapdos is paired up with the right partners, however, you might be in trouble since it's very important to keep up Stealth Rock against defensive teams. After doing that, he generally just waits until the coast is clear for him to do some massive damage while forcing in their Landorus counters for our other Pokemon to take advantage of from time to time. Against very offensive teams, Landorus usually only sets up Stealth Rock and does a little bit of damage before he gets sacrificed so one of his teammates can come in for free. However, if their sole Landorus check is Thundurus or something then we might just hold on to him for some lategame cleaning as Thundurus isn't hard to wear down with this team at all. Against balanced and bulky offensive teams is where Landorus really shines: possessing neither the defenses to repeatedly sponge his blows nor the ability to outspeed and OHKO us with pretty much their whole team, Landorus is usually one of the Pokemon that checkmates those kind of teams eventually with its extremely powerful moves. Only use Stealth Rock with Landorus when really needed. Talonflame usually wears itself down well enough and we don't rely on Stealth Rock to deal with Pinsir as every attack that OHKOs it OHKOs it regardless of whether it is at full or 75% while attacks such as Psychic or Foul Play don't kill it in one blow regardless. We mainly like to have Stealth Rock up against defensive teams as well as teams with Thundurus (mostly HP Flying versions), Greninja and Mega Gyarados. Thundurus is extremely dangerous if it is carrying Hidden Power Flying, as our main check really doesn't want to deal with it, so having a way to wear it down passively, especially if it's carrying a Life Orb, is crucial. Greninja, with Stealth Rock up, has a very real chance to get 2HKOd by Overheat after Stealth Rock damage and is always OHKOd after Stealth Rock and one round of Life Orb damage. Considering how dangerous Greninja is, that's a good thing to have, especially since teams running Greninja rarely have any better Heatran checks. Mega Gyarados needs little prior damage to OHKO everything on our team apart from Mandibuzz, so having that extra 25% on it can mean the difference between victory and defeat as it usually tanks every attack on the team apart from Azumarill's Play Rough without trouble. Landorus' set and EVs are rather standard, so we won't go into detail about them. Focus Blast was chosen over Sludge Wave as we never considered Sludge Wave to be that good anyway, and we really value being able to hit Skarmory, Air Balloon Excadrill and Mandibuzz for massive damage. Azumarill, Venusaur and Heatran curbstomp most Fairy types anyway, and the latter two also dispose of Grass types that Sludge Wave would be good against.

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge​

ScarfTran is probably Heatran's most underrated set. While many people opt to use bulkier, Specially Defensive Heatran, we chose this set for its ability to revenge kill naturally fast threats such as Landorus, Thundurus, Greninja and Terrakion, its ability to effectively clean lategame and, in the old metagame, its ability to roast Genesect before it had a chance to move. And even in this newer metagame where people are aware of it, there's still very few battles where Heatran doesn't pull its weight through its combination of surprising speed and incredible firepower. For example, Overheat is guaranteed to OHKO a lot of offensive Pokemon such as: Thundurus-I after one turn of Life Orb recoil, Landorus-I after Stealth Rock damage, Greninja not resistant to Fire, Aegislash, Mega Pinsir, Gengar and Mega Medicham, to list just a few. Flash Cannon does massive damage to Fairy and Rock types alike and is surprisingly strong against neutral targets as well, easily nabbing the OHKO on Terrakion, the 2HKO on Clefable, most (Mega) Tyranitar and even a 2HKO against Latios after just Stealth Rock damage. Garchomp shares a similar fate, as it has a a chance to be 2HKOd even without Stealth Rock damage and rarely ever survives after Stealth Rock damage. Earth Power allows Heatran to hit most Charizard X for at least a 2HKO which allows it to reliably beat Charizard X that only carry Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Flare Blitz/Roost. It also allows it to avoid prediction issues if theres a slightly weakened Terrakion on the field with an Aegislash in the back, as Flash Cannon and Overheat both risk a mispredict. Stone Edge is the final move on the set and is used almost exclusively for Charizard Y, although a sun-boosted Flash Fire-boosted Overheat already does about 80% and Talonflame takes enough from Flash Cannon and Overheat for the most part as well. Due to how rarely Stone Edge sees use, we decided to just use a Modest nature over a Rash or Mild one, as Heatran has respectable defenses and there are quite a few scenarios in which a lowered defensive stat would have lost us the game. Modest is also chosen over Timid, as Timid outspeeds few noteworthy things; the only things Heatran wishes it could outspeed are +1 Mega Tyranitar and especially Mega Aerodactyl. Dragonite and Mega Gyarados are rather inconsequential as Heatran can't hit them for big enough damage, and we really don't want to replace any of our moves for Hidden Power Ice seeing how we have Dragonite covered rather well already. Add to this the fact that it misses out on a lot of notable KOs against offensive threats, and Hidden Power Ice/Timid become very, very inferior options. Against offensive teams, Heatran is usually my ace in the hole: Azumarill is the only common Pokemon on offensive teams that wants to deal with Heatran as Keldeo takes around 40% from Overheat and as such is 2HKOd by Overheat + Overheat the next time it switches in. Considering how common Pokemon such as Thundurus, Greninja, Landorus and Aegislash are on these kind of teams, that is really the one matchup in which Heatran thrives, easily smoking half their team or more with Overheat over the course of a match. Unfortunately, it is not near as useful in stally matchups, but it can still be used to pivot around Lava Plume, and Stall is a battle in which other Pokemon become more important. Among these is the next one in our lineup.

Last edited:

Unbirthday

TOP QUALITY POSTS

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind​

Keldeo fulfills many roles on this team. It acts as a failsafe against dangerous threats such as Bisharp, Landorus and Mega Tyranitar. It is also the most effective Pokemon against stall as between Stealth Rock, burn damage and boosted Scalds/Hydro Pumps, not even Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss want to deal with it, especially when Azumarill is in the back to double up on them. While Keldeo performs particularly well against stall teams, that's not to say it doesn't perform well against other teamstyles either; most offensive and balanced teams have problems taking powerful attacks for a prolonged amount of time as well. Keldeo also happens to be our most commonly chosen lead, as it matches up well against almost everything that goes for early Stealth Rock such as Garchomp, Terrakion and the occassional Shuckle. It also wards off other common leads such as Tyranitar, Heatran, Mega Manectric (as it is slower and OHKO'd when not Mega Evolved) and obviously doesn't do too badly against other Keldeo. The only common leads Keldeo has to avoid are Thundurus and Mega Venusaur, and those usually aren't too big of a deal. Scald is by far Keldeo's most often used move, as the burns against Pokemon such as Latias, Venusaur, Amoonguss and Alomomola are incredibly helpful to take them out. It also doesn't miss out on too many KOs compared to Hydro Pump, so using it against Pokemon such as Landorus and Hippowdon is usually very safe. Hydro Pump is for when we need a bit more power to secure O/2HKOs such as against Mega Pinsir, Mega Manectric before it evolves, Slowbro after it is burned and SR is up and a few other things. As previously mentioned though, you're better off using Scald most of the time unless you really need the extra damage. Secret Sword gets great coverage together with its water moves and hurts Pokemon such as Chansey and other Keldeo, 2HKOing both. It also does massive damage to Rotom-W and makes Keldeo our best answer to Suicune, as a Suicune without its item is 3HKOd by Secret Sword, and Keldeo doesn't mind the burn as much as Venusaur. Icy Wind is chosen over Hidden Power Flying or Electric as Keldeo is usually better off using Scald against Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur or Gyarados. Secret Sword also already does a huge amount of damage to both Gyarados and Mega Gyarados, not to mention that we have Venusaur and Azumarill as backup. Icy Wind is also useful for 2HKOing Latios on the predicted switchin and killing Dragonite once its Multiscale is removed. More occassional uses are slowing down Pokemon for a team member to OHKO or for Venusaur or Mandibuzz to heal up on, but these situations arise rarely. We both agreed that it is a lot more useful than Hidden Power Flying and hence preferred. There really isn't much to say about Choice Specs Keldeo as it is a rather standard Pokemon. We have considered using a Choice Scarf set before, but we really found its power underwhelming compared to the raw damage output of Choice Specs. It also didn't help much with stuff that we are weak to and made us a lot more susceptible to stall, so we stuck with Specs.

Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 192 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis​

Mega Venusaur is the first of our two "glue" Pokemon, and thus one of the Pokemon that transforms our team from Offense to Bulky Offense. We've always had a soft spot for Mega Venusaur, as it's one of the few Pokemon that has both immense defensive utlity as well as the ability to actually hurt stuff. Venusaur is needed to handle common Pokemon that trouble offense such as Azumarill, Conkeldurr and Breloom, and does so excellently. It is also needed to handle other Pokemon such as Keldeo, Non HP Flying/Psychic Thundurus and Zapdos that the rest of the team struggles with. Against offensive teams, it often doesn't have a problem doing massive damage while soaking up hits all day itself, especially since it takes moves such as LO Latios Psychic, Mega Pinsir Return or CB Talonflame Brave Bird to actually OHKO it. A more offensive set was chosen for Venusaur as we both liked the idea of it being an "offensive wall" and it has been performing amazingly. Very few things want to actually switch into this as apart from dedicated special walls, nothing really likes taking its extremely powerful hits, which easily 2HKO Pokemon such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, Clefable, Assault Vest Azumarill, Landorus, Thundurus, Charizard, Latios, Excadrill and sometimes even Mega Tyranitar. Very few things are safe from this monster which is why he's such as wonderful addition to this team, thriving on all the free turns created by the rest of its team and by coming into Pokemon such as Azumarill. The moveset is the only Venusaur set worth using. Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb provide dual stabs and hit pretty much everything thats not a Steel- or Poison type for good damage. Hidden Power Fire covers Ferrothorn, Scizor, Skarmory and does a little bit more damage to the likes of Mega Mawile, Bisharp and Excadrill. Some people like using Leech Seed over Giga Drain. We don't, It's a terrible move and no offensive Venusaur should stray from the set listed above. The EVs allow Venusaur to outspeed Suicune with little to no speed investment. Maximum Special Attack with a Modest nature allows Venusaur to hit as hard as possible, while the HP EVs give it maximum bulk. 4 EVs were placed in Defense over HP to give it 349 HP instead of 350 and this cuts down residual damage. While we sometimes miss the bulk of physically defensive Venusaur, it is still by no means frail, easily tanking anything Garchomp without Swords Dance/Life Orb or Scarf Excadrill try to throw at it, and its offensive capabilities more than make up for the missing bulk. Venusaur's ability to do work against almost every team can not be understated; while it is not as useful as Keldeo against Stall, it still manages to pull its weight most of the time. It is also fares decently against offensive team and is an absolute terror against balanced teams as it can go toe to toe with almost anything there. It also serves as our first answer to Mega Mawile most of the time, as HP Fire is a 2HKO and nothing barring the rare Iron Head 2HKOs Venusaur back. There's honestly so much Venusaur contributes to this team that it's impossible to fit it all into this description, but it honestly deserves its title as the MVP of this team and best offensive glue in the tier.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Defog​

Mandibuzz is the sixth member of our team and serves as the second "glue" Pokemon holding our team together. Mandibuzz was chosen over any other Pokemon because of its unique typing, access to Defog and great defensive stats. All those traits combined allow it to effectively fulfill everything this team needed. While Mega Venusaur walls most Pokemon by virtue of its typing, Mandibuzz beats threats such as Dragon Dance Dragonite/Charizard X, Talonflame, Sand Rush Excadrill, Garchomp, Landorus, Latios and Latias without Thunderbolt by virtue of its amazing stats. Sand teams have a difficult time breaking it between Overcoat negating Sand damage, Foul Play easily 2HKOing Excadrill and Taunt + Roost + Foul Play shutting down support Tyranitar, especially with the rest of the team to support it. The EV spread is designed to handle all the threats this team needed extra insurance against: 248 HP and 108 Special Defense EVs mean that Mandibuzz is never 2HKO'd by Timid Landorus-I Focus Blast after Leftovers while the Defense EVs allow it to avoid the 2HKO from attacks such as Jolly Pinsir Return (most of the time), Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird, Jolly Garchomp Outrage after Stealth Rock and probably many more. There are honestly too many to list as Mandibuzz' excellent typing and defensive stats allow it to go toe to toe with almost everything that doesn't carry a STAB super-effective move. The Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Adamant Azumarill and Mawile which can come in handy sometimes, but it's usually just used to outspeed most other Mandibuzz and Mega Venusaur. The set is rather standard. Roost, Foul Play and Defog are staples, and for good reason: They allow Mandibuzz to do its job the most effectively by providing recovery, some offense and hazard control respectively. Taunt allows it to prevent Stealth Rock from slower Pokemon such as support Tyranitar and Heatran as well as faster leads that can't beat it such as Garchomp without Swords Dance. It also helps a lot by preventing Chansey and Mega Venusaur from healing up and Skarmory from Defogging in a stall matchup. As previously mentioned, Mandibuzz holds our team together when combined with the rest of the team, especially Venusaur. Its utility, both offensive and defensively, again, goes way past anything that could be put into this description. Apart from Pokemon that were already mentioned, it also shuts down Pokemon such as Mixed Mega Garchomp outside of Sand (Sand Force boosted Stone Edge hurts), Mega Alakazam, Deoxys-S (when it wasn't banned yet) and can even take a hit from extremely powerful attackers such as Mega Medicham, Specs Keldeo, Life Orb Thundurus and Choice Band Dragonite in a pinch to finish them off. To top it all off, it walls the common sets of one of the most dangerous attackers in the tier, Aegislash, only fearing Toxic on the switch and Head Smash. Theres honestly too much that Mandibuzz does for the team, and it is capable of winning some matchups on its own, such as when it was against Mega Garchomp, Choice Band Talonflame and Choice Scarf Excadrill and came out on top. Mandibuzz' mixied walling capabilities are incredibly underrated, and it should definitely see more use as there are very few games or even situations in which it doesn't impress.

Genesect @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Blaze Kick

Genesect was the old team member originally taking up Azumarill's spot. It gave us quite a bit of security against Pokemon such as Lati@s with Thunderbolt, Kyurem-B, Mega Gardevoir, Thundurus and Greninja that we now have quite a few more problems with but opened us up a lot more to Mega Tyranitar. Still, Azumarill obviously doesn't quite reach its level of usefulness, and Genesect would still be our preferred Pokemon in that slot if it wasn't banned. It was also notorious for terrorizing stall teams.

Mega Aerodactyl: Outspeeds our fastest Pokemon, at worst 2HKOs everything thanks to STAB Super-Effective moves against both of our bulkiest Pokemon. We can try hoping for no Aerial Ace or try to get Azu in against it, but realistically, theres not much to be done.

Terrakion: Again, powerful rock attacks to take out Mandibuzz and pretty much everything else. Choice Scarf versions are kind of walled by a health Venusaur but Life Orb and Choice Band variants get attack boosts vs Mandibuzz and just do too much damage to everything.

Kyurem-B: Ice Beam/Earth Power/Fusion Bolt hits everything on our team super-effectively and it outspeeds half of our team. Fortunately, unless it's running Assault Vest, the three Pokemon that do outspeed deal with it rather easily.

Greninja: Again, it hits everything super-effectively, except for Azumarill if no HP Grass. It gets a lot less turns than Kyurem against our team thanks to its lower bulk, but the ability to outspeed Landorus and Keldeo makes up for that. However, everything except for Landorus and Keldeo either tanks a hit or outspeeds it, so it's mostly a big problem with the right teammates.

Lati@s with Thunderbolt: Only really those as they make our two main switchins, Mandibuzz and Azumarill, almost worthless. Healing Wish can also be annoying, but it's really not a big probem without Thunderbolt.

Tornadus-T: Assault Vest Tornadus-T is annoying and, if we can't get off Stealth Rock and/or Sludge Bomb poison, it can come in on Landorus pretty much all day. Life Orb isn't that big of a threat as Heatran outspeeds it and does massive damage and Mandibuzz still isn't 2HKO'd by Hurricane without Specs, but Specs in rain and Assault Vest are troublesome.

Mega Gardevoir: Less of a problem than most other threats, but it lives hits from everything on our team at full health except for Azumarill. Also hits everything really hard back, although it doesn't OHKO Venusaur or Azumarill and usually doesn't OHKO Landorus. Many free turns against Mandibuzz though.

Some Stall teams: Stall teams can prove troublesome if they have certain members. Of particular note are Specially Defensive Gliscor who shuts down half of our team (Heatran, Landorus and Mandibuzz), Zapdos who can Defog against Landorus all day and isn't instantly threatened by anything, Amoonguss who can switch into our two hardest hitters all day and Heatran who can hit our Water types with Toxic on the switch and walls the one Pokemon the other 3 don't wall (Mega Venusaur). If all four of those are on one team it gets rather ugly.

Noivern: Incredibly rare, but very dangerous. Hurricane does huge damage against everything, Draco Meteor does huge damage to everything bar Azumarill, it's incredibly fast and it's resistant to Heatran's strongest move. Probably on par with Mega Aerodactyl, but very very rare.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki

So there you have it. Like I said, with some new trends popping up and with the team losing pretty much all of its surprise factor, I'm officially retiring it. It's not as effective as it used to be and all the sets being known on Team Preview doesn't help it. With the banning of Deoxys-S and Deoxys-D and the possible banning of Aegislash, I really want to try out something new so yeah feel free to steal it or do whatever with it but I'm done with it for now. For the final words, I just want to list some people I consider to be friends because I really can't be bothered to write up individual shoutouts:
Unbirthday Bloo gr8astard BKC bro fist Masterclass McMeghan tab Jirachee Nachos ium Funkasaurus kokoloko Django Ginku Nails BAIKA The_Chaser Ciele n_n BLINGAS ♥ SoulWind Fiction. Rewer soviet Folgorio Zeb FLCL Annoyer ShootingStarmie Harsha
as well as the OU QC team (you guys get way more shit than you should lol) and all of IDM of which there are so many people that I really don't feel like writing them all down.

Sorry if I forgot anyone if you feel like you belong there let me know and I'll make it happen.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 192 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Defog

Last edited:

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Shoutouts to Alice (thought she made the team all herself but w/es)

Yeah, team is very solid. Only issue was as u said before, Mega Ttar is a big threat. Scarf Keldeo helps against it, but it really needs the power to help provide the team offensive momentum. Another threat you can add is Mega Alakazam, as it outspeeds ScarfTran. If it gets the switch on the lando-i, copying sheer force, it can be very hard to deal with.

What I did is that instead of Azumarill, I used Banded Scizor over the water bunny to try and maintain momentum, still deal w/ Dragons in a way (mainly the lati twins), and also still checking mega Ttar.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Knock Off / Quick Attack / Superpower / Aerial Ace

U-turn still provides the momemtum, Bullet Punch for standard reason for STAB priority, Pursuit is something no1 uses anymore and it helps a lot in battles against latis since no1 expects it. This also helps vs Mega Alakazam if decides to save it for later or weakened enough to threaten w/ Bullet Punch. Knock off was only there for Aegislash (but since it's being suspected, I guess could help against stall - mainly chansey), Quick Attack to bring back the old skewl BW2 for weakened Keldeos/Charizards/BulkyWaters/BulkyFires/etc. Superpower only there for filler, tired of the Chanseys, OR feeling real to predict the Heatran switch in. Aerial Ace is there for the other Venusaurs or Amoongus.

Evd Spread is Max atk for maximum power, the defensive spread to take Draco Meteors from the latis that don't have HP Fire, and kill it w/ Pursuit when i threaten it w/ U-turn. 4 Speed Evds to outspeed standard scizors that are not megas.

This is me using the team w/ scizor:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-12259 - I used this team in a war battle, did pretty well
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-12991 - Stallion called me out, so i had to show him power

I don't really like CBB, but the team he's made w/ alice is one of the best I've seen in todays meta and i recommend it for peeps enjoying bulky shit n power. I've also played Alice a lot w/ this team on PO, and she tests it extremely well, recording like 6-1 (or 2 icr) against the team w/ Genesect on it (Shoutouts to Serene Grace Excadrill hue). Also played CBB against the team too, had issues in the past against us, however I let it go nor will get into (I guess I apologize about before).

Alice is a fren (also bad), CBB WAS rude fgt, yet i respect them both. Good job on the team u2.

Also any h8ters that disagree, smfd :]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

shit avatar, shit user, even shittier team oO

obviously kidding, i played this team on the ladder and only won because i critted venusaur or some crap iirc. but yeah, i agree with the above user that you should try scizor over azumarill, since azumarill kinda shares weakness with other members more than scizor.

also cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuties *-*

I know this RMT is quite the sickening cute display of true love and proficient teambuilding but please, from now on only post if you are rating the team in addition to expressing your affection for Alice x Marco.

The way Noivern bends you over is appalling; I have no clue how you have been at all successful with such a gaping weakness. 3/10 team better luck next time.

Noivern new meta

In all seriousness, you could opt to run Assault Vest Azumarill to wall random threats like Noivrern and Greninja better.

Also, you should try using Rocky Helmet over lefties on Slowbro, waring down Talonflame and other repulsive threats more easily would be beneficial for your team. Honestly, Slowbro appreciates the helmet much more overall.

I can't really recommend anything else since this is an extremely solid team.

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
my name is psychic thund and i love getting free points from alicbb on the ladder,,,, yumE
hehe bwoii,,,, shoutout zamrock w the insightful rates,,, band zor over gene what could possibly be the difference,,, its almost like the same mon,,, when keld gets bannd u can throw on a spex poliwrath and even honchkrow > mandii for offensive presence
nice,,,,,,

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey CrashinBoomBang and Unbirthday cool team! I love the surprise factor of scarf tran and its ability to sweep late game is definitely another plus. One problem I see is that greninja is a bit of a nuisance to your team. Your Venusaur is offensive so it doesn't appreciate coming in on hydropumps and extrasensory afterwards will be able to knock it out (assuming stealthrock are in play). I'm not gonna change any of your mons as I have seen this team in action but, though i definitely understand the reasons for choice band, I do suggest running Assault Vest Azumarill over choice band.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

While you lose that added boost in power this becomes a more solid switch-in to one of the biggest threats to your offensive team. Also the ability to sponge hits from thundurus, specifically psychic variants which annoy you as well, and knock them out with waterfall + aqua jet is definitely worth the change. It also works as a more reliable Mega Charizard check. Anyway great team friends and hope i helped :]

Last edited:
Hey Cool team, I do agree with Azu kind of being the teammate that doesn't in fit as well, but you really cant help that since you had a band gene in that slot. Genesect is pretty much irreplaceable, scizor is nothing like gene. While I agree AV Azu helps you check certain threats like greninja the loss of power is kind of noticeable and this team sort of needs it as well.

If you do happen to run, run a bit of speed on azu just to creep pesky Chanseys n_n

Nice RMT not much else to be said you and Alice have definitely thought this through and have worked out ( or atleast gone over) all the kinks.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Team is gonna get spammed on suspect ;-; Well done both of you, team is really really solid.

If I were to make a suggestion it would have to be running Knock Off>Stealth Rock on Landorus and change Heatran's set to a fast Taunt version with SR. I don't really know how it would impact the team lacking ScarfTran as a rkiller, but it would definetly take a lot of pressure off of your team if running Knock Off.

Firstly matchup against stall becomes much easier, as Gliscor, Zapdos and Chansey all hates losing their item. Secondly it takes a lot of pressure off Mandibuzzand Azumarill against offense, as Latios and Latias no longer are safe switchins to Landorus.

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Foucs Blast
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs (these can be tweaked, currently speed for 72 Spe Gliscor): 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon / Will-O-Wisp

Also, cute af n_n

Last edited:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Knock Off / Quick Attack / Superpower / Aerial Ace
Scizor was probably the first Pokemon we considered to replace Genesect with, but after using Azumarill for so long we really appreciate the Dragon immunity. Scizor also has a problem that Genesect and Azumarill didn't have, and that's the ability to do anything significant to CroCune and Rain Dance CM Rest Manaphy. While Genesect could get an attack boost on both after a Calm Mind and 3HKO combined with 2 Secret Swords from Keldeo, Azumarill removes their Leftovers with Knock Off and puts them into 3HKO range for Keldeo as well. Considering how susceptible Venusaur is to burns and how difficult it is to Knock Off their items safely with Scizor, it makes it much harder to do anything. It also leaves us a bit more open to Excadrill (who, as you have mentioned yourself, only really has to flinch Mandibuzz to death without Azumarill as backup) and Stall as we now have another Pokemon stall has no big problem with, as its U-turn and especially coverage moves aren't nearly as threatening to Pokemon such as Skarmory as Genesect's was. Azumarill only really has Venusaur/Amoonguss (and kind of Slowbro) to muscle through, as Skarmory and Quagsire can't really wall it with a Choice Band, and those two usually get burned sooner than later. Genesect was probably only as good as it was because it was ridiculously broken and could revenge kill pretty much everything with Extremespeed lol, but Azumarill in general has done the team a lot of good.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Also, you should try using Rocky Helmet over lefties on Slowbro, waring down Talonflame and other repulsive threats more easily would be beneficial for your team. Honestly, Slowbro appreciates the helmet much more overall.
I assume you mean Mandibuzz as there is no Slowbro and Mandibuzz is our main switch-in to Talonflame. Leftovers is very much needed to safely handle Landorus, Garchomp, Excadrill, Latios, Talonflame as well as many more threats and we really don't see the appeal in using Rocky Helmet. We usually prefer having a little bit more extra health, as it has been the difference between life and death more than once.

In all seriousness, you could opt to run Assault Vest Azumarill to wall random threats like Noivrern and Greninja better.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
Yeah, this is probably the change we have considered the most, and it's definitely a legitimate option. It helps out a lot against offensive teams and definitely takes some strain off the rest of the team. The only thing we are worried about is the teams efficiency at beating Stall afterwards, as Azumarill is usually pretty instrumental in defeating it. We have strongly considered doing this change, but as it stands we would rather have problems with offensive Pokemon and a better chance to break stall than an easier time against offense with no chance at all to break stall. We will try this out a bit, probably in conjunction with Hidden Power Ice Landorus to better combat SDef Gliscor and moving SR to Heatran over Stone Edge, as Assault Vest Azumarill always seemed like it would help the team a lot. Thanks for the suggestion!

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Foucs Blast
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs (these can be tweaked, currently speed for 72 Spe Gliscor): 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon / Will-O-Wisp
These changes would leave us incredibly open to Greninja, Zard Y, Pinsir, HP Flying Thundurus and even more open to threats such as MGarde, Tornadus-T, Life Orb Terrakion as well as many others. ScarfTran probably takes more strain off the team than Knock Off Landorus would. While this build would help a lot against Stall, losing to so many threats is a huge problem (AssVest Azu also only goes so far in covering those), and means that Knock Off Landorus is a luxury we would rather not have. We have considered Knock Off Landorus and SR on Scarftran before, but Gliscor is usually more of a problem on these stall teams than Chansey. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I have also tried out Ancientpower over Stone Edge to cover Talonflame + Pinsir in one move and it's decent, especially with Zard Y dropping in usage. It also helps a bit more against Bulk Up Talonflame, although it can still try to Roost stall.

kewl team, guess i'll weigh in on this p:

There's not much to say about it honestly since you've explained it all already lol. Basically, its a pretty solid, well-rounded bulky offense team that can handle a majority of the metagame bar a few specific threats or a culmination of them. While suggesting replacements up for consideration is nice and all, it's impossible to fix all of these issues without changing how the team already functions or opening more weaknesses at the same time. CB azu does well in pressuring the opponent paired w/ keldeo since it sports strong priority and can muscle its way past stall/bulkier teams. Alternatively, assault vest azu would help alleviate a few aggravating weaknesses in thundy, gren, and lati. Given the offensive nature of this team, the extra power is definitely preferred and item of choice is subjective on whether the player tends to play more aggressively or conservatively. At the end of the day, these are just things that this team ultimately has to play around(with heatran probably), which shouldn't be a problem since you guys are such gods at this game (am a big fan! *0*). So yeah, just thought id post and grats on making such an epic team. :)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I gotta admit this looked like pretty much any other cookie-cutter OU team but after using it for a bit I changed my mind, and I saw how truly well-built this team is and how well it functions. It's excellent man, good job and kudos to you and Unbirthday for creating this. I hope you don't mind me borrowing it for a bit :p

Greninja was kinda a problem since nothing can switch in but it can be played around a little bit with predictions and scarf heatran. Offensive Mega Venusaur really does work and Scarf Heatran along with that really carry the team on their backs. great job.

dEnIsSsS

'scuse me while i kiss this guy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Although it is rare, I think you should include Nasty Plot + HP Flying Thundurus on your threat list:

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave

Calcs:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 192 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 424-502 (121.4 - 143.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 298-352 (93.1 - 110%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 351-413 (82.9 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Thundurus can use your Mandibuzz as set up bait and it is able to OHKO every single member of your team after a Nasty Plot boost, backed up by Stealth Rock support. HP Flying can be used as a surprise factor. It also means that you can't use Venusaur as a safe switch in.
I know that you can still beat him with your Heatran (and also Azumarill after some residual damage), but I think this set in particular is really dangerous.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
Yeah, it's definitely a threat (although I'm probably more worried about 3 attacks with HP Flying since it can OHKO Heatran without boosting), but as it stands it really doesn't get any free turns against this team. Add to that the fact that Venusaur isn't my first check to Thundurus because I usually use Landorus -> Heatran (unless I really need Heatran for Pinsir or something in which case it gets a little more tricky) and I can usually make the needed sacrifices, get up Rocks and prevent it from setting up again. While it can OHKO everything at +2, it only OHKOs my 2 Water types at +0 and has trouble coming in since, like I said, I prioritize getting up SR against teams with Thundurus usually. And yeah, if it really gets to set up, I can sacrifice Heatran to paralysis to take it out. It can be dangerous, but usually not to extent of the other threats and usually only with the right partners.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
This team is good and i would suggest assualt vest instead of Choice Band since its a bulky pokemon it can get OHKO before attacking its oppenent and choice band makes it forces to choice same move but assualt vest dos not
and here are some calcs
With assualt vest
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 299-354 (74 - 87.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 248-294 (61.3 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 242-288 (59.9 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Without assualt vest
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 445-525 (110.1 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 372-438 (92 - 108.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 362-428 (89.6 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

yo. k so i'm not gonna repeat what most people said. its a great team etc.

the main issue of this team is zard y imo. it can come easily on venusaur, mandibuzz, landorus (if it runs some HP EVs), locked tran / keld / azu and the only thing you have to "check" it is scarftran, ~OHKOed by focus blast. of course under sun you have nothing to KO it, absolutely nothing. it is definitely your first threat and i don't understand why it isn't mentioned in your threat list.

pinsir doesn't need to set up a SD to damage your team, mandibuzz is 2HKOed after SR (252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 190-225 (44.9 - 53.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery) so the only thing you can do against it is switching your tran (once again!) and risking earthquake / close combat.

i really like the idea of scarftran. like you said, its probably its most underrated set (i remember how good it was when you (cbb) used it against me for the superjohns tourney) but its defensive job in your team is too big in a team which has 3 slow mons... scarftran is cool as a pivot when you're forcing the opponent to predict but in this team its really hard to risk it because it checks too many things...

i don't really know how to fix those problems... i would probably remove azumarill. a cbnite could work to check zard y / lando-i betterly. moreover, it has a great synergy with venu / tran and its extreme speed could be very helpful. the team would be weaker to lati@s even if mandibuzz / tran work as "checks" and of course youd lose a possible mega ttar revenge killer.

same thing for latias. would be nice because its fast, checks zard Y / keldeo / lando-i and has defog / healing wish (great for heatran) and it can allow mandibuzz to play something like toxic (pretty cool with taunt) over defog but its weak to pursuit, creates a real ttar weakness.

another option is to play rotom-w > azumarill and terrakion (cb) > keldeo. it wouldn't be really better against zard Y but youd have a real pinsir check with a powerful wallbreaker named terrakion which is a savage beast against stall (or you could play it SR + SD with a sash + HP Ice lando-i).

well, that's all i had to say. nice team once again, you did a great job.

oh yeah and special mention to Unbirthday : be careful when playing your team, it loses to autistic people

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Great team by one of my best and oldest friends :) Seems like it was just yesterday that we were sparring on Netbattle way before any one ever heard of us over here.

Mushy shit aside, I think that you should seriously consider replacing Mandibuzz with Skarmory/Zapdos to tank Brave birds/Returns better. You can always switch to Heatran on a predicted Flare Blitz and revenge kill Talonflame, Skarmory would provide your team with another entry hazard that will help Keldeo break down stuff like Venusaur especially since you don't have Sandstorm to cut it's Synthesis in half while Zapdos is can KO it at will and is a very reliable Defogger.

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- Heat Wave / Toxic

Zapdos's EVs guarantee a KO on Mega Pinsir.

Cheers bro :]

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
boudouche

Yeah, I have no idea how I forgot to add Zard Y to the threat list, and you definitely aren't the only one who gave this team some massive trouble using it lol... I'll edit it in later.

Pinsir does need a Swords Dance as Mandibuzz matches up well against pretty much any Stealth Rock user. Especially on BirdSpam teams, Pokemon such as Garchomp are a free invitation to come in and Defog and even if they have Bisharp that isn't really changing anything. Terrakion is the only dangerous Stealth Rock user, and I can pretty much just lead Keldeo against it and stay in to kill it then Defog against the Talonflame/Pinsir after they kill something. Keldeo doesn't really do much against BirdSpam, so losing it isn't a big blow. Point is, SR will be up very, very rarely against BirdSpam, so Pinsir will have a really hard time taking me out in actual games, especially since it gets absolutely no free switches with this team. Unless it catches Venusaur healing up or something in which case I can probably make a needed sacrifice to get Heatran/Mandibuzz in safely.

The problem with replacing Azumarill, especially with CBNite is that I replace a dragon check/resist with another weakness which, as you said, opens me up a lot to Latios and such. Mandibuzz, as sad as it is, is a pretty pathetic Latios check as it needs to Roost after every switch into Draco Meteor to continue being able to do so, which gives plenty of free turns for Pokemon such as Keldeo to try and hit my Venusaur. As such, I'm probably better off just making a new team instead of trying to fix this one up, especially as there are many other metagame trends this team has trouble with (SDef Gliscor stall, etc). I'll try out a variant with CBNite over CB Azu though, because having more than just Mandibuzz for Landorus (and the added offensive pressure of CBNite) would be pretty nice. In addition to being a good switch into Zard Y obviously.

Thanks for the rate though and, again, I have no idea how I blanked out on Zard Y @_@

HBK

The problem with replacing Mandibuzz is that it checks a lot more than you think it does. It's one of my few switch-ins to Charizard X (as Azumarill is cleanly 2HKOd by Flare Blitz and Heatran really has no business taking repeated Dragon Claws) and my first check to Dragonite. It also helps against Excadrill, which Zapdos completely fails to address. Not to mention that it helps with uncommon threats such as Alakazam which Skarmory and Zapdos to pitifully against. Mandibuzz' typing really gives me something no other Pokemon can do with its unique ability to check Dragons, Talonflame, Pinsir, Landorus, Mega Alakazam while allowing me to also take random, high-powered attacks such as Overheat from other Scarftran without risking a Pokemon or taking unnecessary damage with one of my Water types. As it stands, Mandibuzz is the thing holding this team together and if I replace it with either of those Pokemon it's gonna crumble apart.

LOL how are you talking about a teambuilding process lmao
[14/04/14 17:43:49] Key: carbink team is the only choice
[14/04/14 17:43:51] cbb: landosect
[14/04/14 17:43:57] Key: loool you (BAN ME PLEASE)
[14/04/14 17:43:58] cbb: landorus rapes stall genesect rapes offense
[14/04/14 17:43:59] cbb: 4 fillers
[14/04/14 17:44:00] cbb: done
[14/04/14 17:44:01] cbb: :]

Anyway I don't have to tell you how fucking solid this team is going 7-1 is enough proof. I've played this team quite frequently since ZoroDark likes to use this team because he's garbage in OU! Imo Stall usually comes out on top but if you play Keldeo/Mandi/Lando well it's a possible matchup. I'd use HP Flying > Icy Wind personally, but that's more a sake of preference and you're not too great against Lati@s as it is so I get that. ScarfTran is great, and Overheat is clearly the superior choice so yea. Can't really suggest anything because the team is as solid as it gets atm and changing too much would just open you up to other threats. I even made a nice cteam because I thought Insane Soul was gonna use it lol

Great team, great player come back to EU next year to get that trophy we deserve :]
-MetalGross

Last edited:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
Deer God LOL yeah but we still had to figure out the 4 fillers right!! (that actually took a few minutes of my time especially Mandibuzz) (Carbink is jesus)

As for Hidden Power Flying, yeah it hits Mega Venusaur but Mega Venusaur is probably the least of our problems on stall, it's usually Gliscor/Zapdos/Amoonguss(who doesnt even care about HP Flying). Between eventual Scald burns, Heatran/Venusaur/Landorus/Mandibuzz somewhat warding it off and Azumarill doing quite a bit damage to it on the switch as well, we don't really care much about it. There's also some situations such as the aforementioned Lati@s coming in where Icy Wind is incredibly useful, so yeah we'd rather keep it around. Thanks for the comments though :]

On a different note, Unbirthday and I have been testing Assault Vest during the recent suspect test. We lose a lot harder to stall now and Sand teams are a bit more difficult as you can't OHKO Excadrill anymore, but against teams with Thundurus, Greninja, Keldeo or just teams that you'd rather switch moves against it's a very powerful tool. I think I still prefer Choice Band, but Assault Vest is a very viable option if you think this team needs a bit of help against offense with Thundurus or Greninja or something.

But yes since this suspect test is now over (and Aegislash is hopefully getting banned PLEASE GET RID OF IT THERES NO HOPE FOR XY WITH AEGI AROUND) there's pretty much no point in using this exact team for the most part, especially with all the new trends floating around eating it up. Not to mention that, after 3-ish months of using it, I kind of want to use something else. It's definitely a team I'll always come back to in some form just because it's both incredibly fun to play with and because it somehow gets out of most sticky situations somehow. But for now, RIP.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)