Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it, though. Pikachu wouldn't get a mega for the exact reason that it's the big mascot. They wouldn't want to change its image to plug something like mega evolution, because then we're stuck with it. They can give it new costumes and interchangeable looks for something like a contest, because they can always do away with contests again in the next games. And we'll still have plain-old, adorable little Pikachu.

As far as seeing the different contest forms in Poke-amie, it probably means that Amie is getting fitted to display your Pokemon's contest stats on top of its usual functions (Amie could become a function on the Pokenav, even), and if we can add accessories to other Pokemon, you would go to Amie to select a new default wardrobe, or something similar.
Yeah that's a really good point and why Ash never evolves his Pikachu. When I first heard about how mega evolution works though I quickly assumed it was for Pikachu. Since mega evolving works kind of like putting on costumes, once the battle is over it goes right back to being plain-old, adorable, little Pikachu (as you said) and if they really feel that Pika's mega is outdated or they want a new look they've already set the president that a Pokemon can have multiple mega forms. So i imagined it worked the same way, but I'm not really complaining, I'd rather megas go to Pokemon I like more, lol

Anyway I suspect you will be right about Amie being a more contest invovled feature of the game.

AND on that note, who saw Rock Star Pikachu's little performance? Any speculation's there? It could be part of contests or it could be some other bonus content.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh man, Whiscash. It has such a great typing but terrible stats. I wanna be able to use DDance on it properly. D:

You know, I've been trying to put a team together out of the Hoenn dex, and it's honestly hard to pick Pokémon that don't get Mega Evolutions. Stuff like Aggron, Camerupt (not confirmed), Mawile and Manectric are kinda mainstays in in-game teams, and what with the starters it kind of feels cheap having a mon on your team that can Mega Evolve but doesn't, because something else does. It almost feels like favouritism, which on an in-game run always makes me feel bad. :c I guess it depends on Mega Stone replacement and exactly which ones are available in the story, but man, I just wanna use them all, you know?

Charizard is technically in OR and AS xD

So yeah you can't really, make me leave, and of course that I wouldn't do it anyway.

edit: I mean I can do what I want. It's technically part of the games. You can't really tell me to not do it, like if you were my mom from 10 years ago.
Yes Zard-X gonna be in the game, but your comments on Zard-X are not adding anything to the discussion about Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire. You like Zard X? Thats cool. Just don't overhype him and stay more focused on ORAS.

Yes it's seen as one of the few S-ranked pokemon of OU. It's versatile and easy to use. That doesn't mean that both Zard-Y and Dragonite don't have their own merits in the OU tier. Yes it's higher ranked, but both got their own reasons to be on a team wich makes them stand out from Zard-X.

About metagross not deserving tough claws, I disagree. Zard wasn't the only one getting TC. Yet you said he deserved it more since he got from the lower tiers to OU. Yet there are dozens of other pokemon weaker then charizard who could use tough claws better. So yes, tough claws is well deserved on metagross and fits him well.

Anyway I'm getting kinda Off-topic about ORAS now myself. As far as metagross goes, I'm happy about the details that came out. I just hope the speed boost is sufficient enough to outspeed a large portion of OU. I do hope his boosts in defenses and sp attack are minimal. He has good bulk, so big speed boost and some extra attack would be nice. I hope he has enough tools to make himself stand out against scizor.

One thing I'm really hyped about is the change in movepools. I'm still having hope for Gyarados getting crunch.

Diancies defense drop is kinda a good thing imo. I never liked the fairy rock typing and the lack of recovery. The drop in base defenses makes it possible for GF to use the stats elsewhere. This could make diancie extremely powerful and versatile. Maybe even Uber material.

Yeah that's a really good point and why Ash never evolves his Pikachu. When I first heard about how mega evolution works though I quickly assumed it was for Pikachu. Since mega evolving works kind of like putting on costumes, once the battle is over it goes right back to being plain-old, adorable, little Pikachu (as you said) and if they really feel that Pika's mega is outdated or they want a new look they've already set the president that a Pokemon can have multiple mega forms. So i imagined it worked the same way, but I'm not really complaining, I'd rather megas go to Pokemon I like more, lol
I'm pretty sure it was stated in-game that Mega Evolution was for Pokémon that had already evolved fully to evolve again. While Pikachu is a major mascot, it'll probably be more focused on in the aesthetic department. By that, I mean things like Amity Square, these new costumes, or that billboard in Castelia City that exists despite Pikachu being unobtainable in BW.

I'm assuming the remaining gym leaders and E4 members will be included in September's issue? I wonder why they haven't featured them yet.

I'm pretty sure it was stated in-game that Mega Evolution was for Pokémon that had already evolved fully to evolve again. While Pikachu is a major mascot, it'll probably be more focused on in the aesthetic department. By that, I mean things like Amity Square, these new costumes, or that billboard in Castelia City that exists despite Pikachu being unobtainable in BW.
You're right too, haha, I was mostly just talking about what I first thought when I heard of mega evolutions. Like I said, I'm not a super big Pikachu fan, I'm mostly interested in these cosplays.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Any more discussion related to Charizard will be infracted. I'll clean up the thread when I get home.
Already cleared it up boss. But yeah, please don't ruin this thread again guys. We can just close it again, it's not an issue for us.

Please keep the talk here civil and if someone is going off topic, please ignore them. Especially when they start bringing up *competitive* reasoning.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
Diancies defense drop is kinda a good thing imo. I never liked the fairy rock typing and the lack of recovery. The drop in base defenses makes it possible for GF to use the stats elsewhere. This could make diancie extremely powerful and versatile. Maybe even Uber material.
I dunno... I mentioned this in the Diancie thread in the OU forum, but there's a danger that Diancie may have too many spare stats after the Defense drop. Given it's current spread, +100 is okay, but take even 10 each off it's Defenses and it has a +120 BST increase that can only go into it's offenses and it's speed. And it also still bulky as hell with a Fairy-type and Magic Bounce. I think Game Freak will have to play this one very carefully if they don't want to completely break it... That said, however, they probably don't care if it's completely broken as Diancie isn't legal in VGC anyway. Thanks Trollfreak

YES YES YES!!! Also, we still didn't get a picture of Winona and iirc, she was originally like that.
I would definitely love to see how they revamp that parachute jumpsuit that she wears. Favorite thing about her was that she reminded me of Altaria more than any other Hoenn flying type. Funny enough, that's her main, so extra brownie points to the character designer back then!! I definitely hope they could keep up that theme...in a fluffy crop top :3

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All this Pikachu discussion makes me wonder how many more games it's going to take before GF finally erases Raichu from Pokémon existence so it can really do everything it wants to with Pikachu.
Pikachu has always gotten more attention than Raichu, but they haven't forgotten about Raichu completely yet. For XY, they gave it a small speed boost so it now has 110 Speed.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
Depends on the stat spread. I think a fast and strong Earthquake would be an awesome addition to Rain, especially given that the playstyle doesn't already have a dedicated mega. Swampert's stat spread is 100/110/90/85/90/60, and Bulbapedia tells me that it's going to get an Attack increase (presumably taken from one of the earlier CoroCoro scans - j'oublie) so it'll be fairly strong at least.

View attachment 16718 I like this better than Mega Swampert to be honest.

Speaking of Mega Swampert, do you guys think he'll be viable in OU?
Whether it's viable or not, my favorite Pokemon is getting Mega Evolution. Hell yea I'm using it. On the comprtitive side, I think it most likely will become viable but you never know what GF will do with the +100 BST.

With Steven being champion, that means Wallace is the 8th gym leader. So does that mean Juan won't be in this game or maybe he is in the game with a different role?
If it follows R/S, Juan won't be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)