Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can also pull from the anime and make either Juan or Wallace (Juan, most likely) gain some importance with Pokemon Contests, especially if they're revamping them or adding new features. Unlike Crystal's Eusine, Juan doesn't have any real role in the games besides the largely useless change in gym/E4 lineup.

Speculation:

So what if Juan is the 8th Gym Leader, Wallace is potentially part of the revamped contest and is the Champion or something like that specifically and Steven is the Champion of the Pokemon League and uses Mega Metagross....

Speculation:

So what if Juan is the 8th Gym Leader, Wallace is potentially part of the revamped contest and is the Champion or something like that specifically and Steven is the Champion of the Pokemon League and uses Mega Metagross....
I would swap Juan and Wallace and then say that seems pretty likely. These are Ruby/Sapphire remakes, and I would be very surprised if they changed the gym leader/E4/champion roster.

Agreed. In Juan's case, I think he'd serve better as a "leader" of sorts in the Pokemon Contests. He seems like he'd be suited to be a Master-class coordinator who's highly involved with your success as his junior competitor.
And it's not like he and Wallace won't bring each other up somewhere in their scripts. Chances are they'll still reinforce their student-teacher relationship, so you'll know why there's a junior and senior foppish fruit-fop who are the best of the best (excluding the E4) in terms of both the main game and the distraction

Last edited:
On another note:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but so far all the trailers I've seen show no evidence of character customization. If that's just something introduced in XY never to be seen again, like walking Pokémon... that would be horrible. Even if it's a remake, I still want the option to change clothing.

Another possibility is to make the 8th gym a double battle. This is a 3rd gen remake after all (though tbh I rather want Wallace to be on contests so he has a better shot to use a MegaMilotic)

So I've read pages and have things in everything.

I believe mega metagross to be really needed, because he dropped from OU to almost NU.

I like Pikachu, and the speed boost I Raichu made it possible for me to use it on VGC, since it's now the fastest Fake Outer in the game.

About Japan, vgc is the game there, and they tend to meet personally more than use online forums. Their Pokemon communities are more rl than virtual.

And about 6x6 OU being better than everything else, I think it's personal. I prefer VGC, since the strategic level for doubles is higher imo, and the battles don't take forever to end. (I know we're at Smogon, but I'm not a Smogoner battler, at least not as my first option. I do battle Smogon when it's needed, but not my first)

On another note:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but so far all the trailers I've seen show no evidence of character customization. If that's just something introduced in XY never to be seen again, like walking Pokémon... that would be horrible. Even if it's a remake, I still want the option to change clothing.
99% there won't be. Changing clothes is a Kalos thing. If you see the secret bases, people there are supposed to be other players. Yet y they are NPCs sprites. In the original games, your character in another person's game was in NPC sprite. So I believe you can give up on this dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
maybe they'll do something like in Black and White where the gym leader is either the student or teacher depending on the version

It's definitely going to be Wallace in the 8th gym I think, since they are Ruby and Sapphire remakes. I think Juan will appear in the story a lot and somehow be involved in the contests like others have said.

I haven't seen it either. I've sort of just taken it for granted that trainer customization would be in it, but the more that I think about it, the more it's understandable if they don't put it in. They'd have to design new outfits for this game, and Brendan and May have been around for a while so they are more iconic than the completely new XY characters. However, it would definitely be a huge step back; trainer customization was one of my favorite parts of X and Y.

Another possibility is to make the 8th gym a double battle. This is a 3rd gen remake after all (though tbh I rather want Wallace to be on contests so he has a better shot to use a MegaMilotic)
Don't see it happening. Tate & Liza already give you double battle, they won't do it two gyms in a row

About character customization. In X and Y, you were able to set yourself to look like other trainers in the game by using the PSS function to look like a lass, gym leader, champion, etc. So what if in ORAS Game Freak just made the trainers look like ordinary trainers to hide what trainer customization looks like in the game.

So I've read pages and have things in everything.

I believe mega metagross to be really needed, because he dropped from OU to almost NU.

I like Pikachu, and the speed boost I Raichu made it possible for me to use it on VGC, since it's now the fastest Fake Outer in the game.

About Japan, vgc is the game there, and they tend to meet personally more than use online forums. Their Pokemon communities are more rl than virtual.

And about 6x6 OU being better than everything else, I think it's personal. I prefer VGC, since the strategic level for doubles is higher imo, and the battles don't take forever to end. (I know we're at Smogon, but I'm not a Smogoner battler, at least not as my first option. I do battle Smogon when it's needed, but not my first)

99% there won't be. Changing clothes is a Kalos thing. If you see the secret bases, people there are supposed to be other players. Yet y they are NPCs sprites. In the original games, your character in another person's game was in NPC sprite. So I believe you can give up on this dream.
Actually Weavile is the fastest fake out user

OU is the minimum 635 with an ability that can double speed combined with great typing and solid stabs. I'm expecting a suspect test eventually.
Last time I made some claims I got into a dumb argument. But without knowing exactly what it's stats are no one really knows. However, outside of the rain I see it being kind of like a physical Mega Blastoise with alternative utility to rapid spin. I think the average team that's being competitive will opt for a more imposing Mega. But it will also be THE MEGA of choice and basically a given staple on any rain team. It'll definitley be OU but it's usage within OU will be almost the exact same as the usage of rain teams.

EDIT: I guess what I meant to say but forgot was. Although it has a number of advantages over Kabutops, based on what we know about it I kind of doubt it would be too good for OU, since you can now once again stall around until the rain drys up. For Mega Swampert to start being suspect it has to be SO good that it actually makes the rain team arch type good again despite only 5-8 turns of rain, otherwise it'll just be the best part of a strategy generally considered somewhat sub par.
But if Primal Kyogre is bringing back perma-rain, like some think it may, then it could become a fairly viable Uber Mega as well (assuming Primal things don't count towards your 1 mega limit)

Last edited:
I think it's very likely that trainer customization will be back. It was one of their bigger selling points early in the hype of this gen. I'm sure you start with the iconic look and some of the customization is subtle variations on the iconic look but there should be more too (i would hope). If they don't keep that feature I seriously think it will be because they wanted Brandon and May looking the same, meaning custom clothing will be back in gen VII. At the same time they've not been prefect about keeping around other well loved features of the games. If nothing else secret bases are a HUGE step in customization. Even if you can't change clothes the over all customization-level of the game is already up as far as I'm concerned.

Looks like GF is on a good track with the E4, I'm sorry but the RSE Elites just had a lot of quirks that really warranted different types, Phoebe had a lot of duplicate pokemon and Glacia... well yeah 3 from Walrein family and 2 Glalies.

Looks like GF is on a good track with the E4, I'm sorry but the RSE Elites just had a lot of quirks that really warranted different types, Phoebe had a lot of duplicate pokemon and Glacia... well yeah 3 from Walrein family and 2 Glalies.
It's really just Phoebe and Glacia, though. Adding Litwick to ORAS (there was a little Litwick candle for secret base) leaves Phoebe with Dusclops / Banette / Sableye / Chandelure / Dusknoir which patches her up AND provides another Fire-type option.

The real issue is giving us an Ice-type E4 in a tropical region. I really can't think of good ice-types to add to Shoal Cave other than Lapras and maybe Cloyster. Sealeo / Glalie / Lapras / Froslass / Walrein?

It's really just Phoebe and Glacia, though. Adding Litwick to ORAS (there was a little Litwick candle for secret base) leaves Phoebe with Dusclops / Banette / Sableye / Chandelure / Dusknoir which patches her up AND provides another Fire-type option.

The real issue is giving us an Ice-type E4 in a tropical region. I really can't think of good ice-types to add to Shoal Cave other than Lapras and maybe Cloyster. Sealeo / Glalie / Lapras / Froslass / Walrein?
If they continue the trend of four-Pokémon Elite Four, then the lower-evolution will probably be eliminated, leaving Banette / Sableye / Chandelure / Dusknoir and Glalie / Lapras / Froslass / Walrein or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)