2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on ya batty, we all know you want to make a new thread.

Phalanx its amazing you look for the most ridiculous ways to trash Liverpoo now since we trashed you on the pitch and the league table last season. Man U won't get top four until 2016 if it all, and if they haven't got it by then, there's no going back.
nope, they made the poster, and Last time I checked it was United who had won more Trophies ;)

and wont get top 4? are you mad? LvG can get that Dutch side to 3rd place, then United are getting in the top 4.

That dutch side is a lot better than your united side. You might get top four this season, at the expense of us or arsenal but i predict 6th. LvG is a great manager but your squad isnt that good and he hasnt got enough time to make the nescessery transfers. maybe he does and im wrong, we'll see in may!

...so for the 15/16 season United will be getting £75 mil a year from Adidas. Nike were paying them £23.5 mil a year.
For this season Madrid(adidas) will be earning £31 mil with Chelsea(adidas) and Arsenal(Puma) getting £30 mil each.

This deal will last for 10 years.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Spurs are pretenders, not finishing above Liverpool.

Chelsea
City
United
Arsenal
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs
Spurs had maybe the worst managers in the league last year, and then replaced with pochettino, expect significant improvement, especially if Lamela is healthy and we buy a new lb/striker. We also had a huge rash of injuries to the backline last year, which presumably wont happen.

City
United
Chelsea
Arsenal
Spurs
Everton
Liverpool

Although almost every spot is going to be very close

If United get Vidal, they are title contenders imo.
Vidal would solve the CM conundrum but their biggest weakness for me is the lack of pace in attack. Rooney, RVP and Mata are very good players but when they play them up top, they seem one dimensional. They really need to purchase a winger. Making Nani less shite would help as well.

Vidal would solve the CM conundrum but their biggest weakness for me is the lack of pace in attack. Rooney, RVP and Mata are very good players but when they play them up top, they seem one dimensional. They really need to purchase a winger. Making Nani less shite would help as well.
Yeah, true that actually, having Young, Nani and Valencia as wingers won't be very fun for them.

You have to hand it out to Utd's world leading commercial department. That's the one area where they got the jump on everybody early and made themselves in contention with being the biggest club in the world. £75m a season is unbelievable, and that's just their shirt deal! Fuck me.

Also yesterday's news: Odds on Khedira to join Arsenal have been slashed to 1/7 from 4/7. Rumours are that the deal is close to being agreed behind closed doors.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Markovic to Liverpool is done, Besiktas' president confirms that they have agreed to sign Ba for £8 million. Now, lets dump Torres somewhere :P

Holy shit Conte resigned!!!

One of the best managers since taking over Juventus.
Conte represents a bigger loss than either Pogba or Vidal, that is if one or the other is sold.

It seems like there was an agreement with both him and the club

Costa completed his transfer :)))

Conte resigning might be huge for Juventus, his resignation might hinder the progress of Vidal and Pogba so they may want to leave.
Deschamps or Ranieri seem likely managers.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Daily Mail's reporting that Van Gaal has pulled the plug on the Vidal deal as he does not believe that Vidal is the right player for his new look set up at Old Trafford. lol?

Who cares? their loss :)

One of the reasons he left was because he wanted to re-alter the squad to challenge for Champions league. however to raise these funds the club would have to sell either Pogba or Vidal, which he wasn't happy about.

The club is doing well financially but has hit its ceiling in terms of revenue.

This came at the worst possible time. Signings will be harder to pull off and the chance of Vidal leaving is greater(Although no club has made an official bid for him).

Anyway Serie A has gotten even more interesting with the other teams building their squad. Inter and Roma specifically.

*Roma have set a deadline(july 21) for Benatia*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)