Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
wait, if chrom is unplayable, does that mean this guy was just some lucky ass mother(i dont know if this word is censored)?

the leak was damn close, too, only shulk/chrom/chorus man had yet to be revealed.

i kinda still trust the leak due to the utter insanity of guessing the trio of pacman/mii/wft, let alone stuff like mega man and villager. maybe chrom was originally intended to get in?

edit: just saw runic's post on the last page, guy you can't deny that for a while (literally up until now) the only bump on that leaker's road to legitimacy was saying "xy pokemon", it was/is pretty damn convincing

I'm really waiting on an explanation to this picture. Unless I'm insane I think I can make out Falco's figure in the Arwing, but how does a scene like this even come about?

Not like anyone cares, but I guess Black Shadow isn't gonna be in this time. If he was gonna be revealed, it would've been today, on the anniversary of his debut alongside the Captain Falcon confirmation.

R.I.P. item on my shitty wishlist #7.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Falcon's only survived on veteran status at this point, and he's probably more associated with Smash than his actual games. If you're wanting more F-Zero characters you're not gonna have much fun until they start actually making F-Zero games again.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lucina seems to be a glorified skin of Marth, seems to be her own slot unlike Wii Fit/Robin/Villager.

Animations all the same, same speed, same idle, the question mark at her reveal comments and the fact her newcomer box on the site is only one square with no art as opposed to all the others supports this.

(crappy screenshot converter from ProjectM but oh well)

Although I have to say I have really liked the level of gender variance so far, the fact they went all the way with some gender alts is really really cool imo.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Pretty exciting news to see the edition of two new Fire Emblem characters, I had a feeling Sakurai would add more than one reveal in the bunch followed by an old character, Im not too big on Fire Emblem so I don't really know Luciana that well nor do I know Robin, but judging from the gameplay Robin is absolutely amazing, I love the way he functions, I almost wish Ganon functioned like this rather than be Captain Falcons clone. On the topic of Captain Falcon, I love that he's back, I think he's getting his Blue Falcon Drive By Smash again which Im ok with. As far as the next characters that come, do you guys think there will be two reveals of the same franchise (i.e two Star Fox characters) or do you think it'll be a random pack (i.e a new Metroid fighter, a returning fighter, and a new Donkey Kong Fighter). I think we have about 13-14 new characters added in so Im really starting to wonder just how big the game is going to be considering how many fan favorites still need to be implemented into the game, nonetheless awesome reveal looking forward to the new game even more!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Pretty exciting news to see the edition addition of two new Fire Emblem characters,

Im not too big on Fire Emblem so I don't really know Luciana Lucina that well nor do I know Robin,
Sorry, my ocd kicking in.

On a more related note, I'm super super super thrilled to have Lucina and MC added into this game as well as Chrom having a cameo in MC's Final Smash. I loved the animation style in FE:A so it was cool to see it be used again for Lucina/Robin reveal.

Lucina seems to be a glorified skin of Marth, seems to be her own slot unlike Wii Fit/Robin/Villager.

Animations all the same, same speed, same idle, the question mark at her reveal comments and the fact her newcomer box on the site is only one square with no art as opposed to all the others supports this.

(crappy screenshot converter from ProjectM but oh well)

Although I have to say I have really liked the level of gender variance so far, the fact they went all the way with some gender alts is really really cool imo.
Thats how she is in the game though, you don't realize that shes not marth till halfway through the game.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Glad to see Cap back. Anyone else think it's weird Robin seems to have several sword designs, or do they change when his tome changes? Also his specials seem like they're powerful but require drawing out a specific tome, which I imagine is done with either neutral B or down B. You might even be able to "charge" them since in the Fire Emblem games the magic comes in different levels.

I am pretty glad to see a Fire Emblem Mage though. Zelda was pretty much the only straight "magic" user.

On that note - who is to say that Lucina is not an alternate sex skin of Marth, given we have Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Robins of both sexes? Sakurai could be so sneaky, after all.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
One sword that's shown is Bronze Sword, the other is a Levine Sword (a magic sword).

My guess is that Robin has limited uses of his swords as well, that or it's a down-b or something of the sort. I doubt he'd swap a good sword for a sucky sword though.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
im thinking maybe the levine sword is breakable too and once that's up you go to the unbreakable Bronze Sword

Robin is certainly an interesting fighter; does he ever regain his tomes and swords? If not, i'm afraid that since sakurai wants to gear smash to 4player brawls, all of the limits will be far too small and he'll be useless. If so, is it by time or by stock? Either way I don't see him being too good, but I see him being fun in friendlies. and i love robin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)