Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Ok so I really love M-Metagross' design, it has a really big, intimidating look. It will make for a wicked final battle 'mon (even if it puts up a pathetic fight, it will still look badass). What I can't help but think though is the logistics of it's mega evolution. We all know that two Beldum fuse together to make Metang, then two of them fuse to make a Metagross. Mega Metagross has doubled the amount of limbs he has again, does he call up one of his Metagross buddies to strap onto his back temporarily? Is Metagross' mega stone actually just another Metagross hiding in your bottomless bag? These are the things I need to know
I bring up the same subject saying that I'm surprised no one brought it up and literally the next page someone who missed that brings it up again... I'm somewhere between "lol :D" and "really? -_-"

Here's the start
Something I'm surprise that no one mentioned is that according to the Pokedex Metang is a two Beldums combined and Metagross is two Metangs combined. Beldum has one leg, Metang has two, Metagross has four, and Mega Metagross has eight. Does that mean Mega Metagross is actually two Metagrosses combined? I don't think so, but I find it amusing to think about. :P

I bring up the same subject saying that I'm surprised no one brought it up and the next page someone who missed that brrings it up again... I'm somewhere between "lol :D" and "really? -_-"

Here's the start
Couldn't the same question be applied to any Mega Evolution? Every single one - even Kangaskhan - has new attachments come out of nowhere that the base form didn't have. Why is it suddenly an issue for Mega Metagross?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Couldn't the same question be applied to any Mega Evolution? Every single one - even Kangaskhan - has new attachments come out of nowhere that the base form didn't have. Why is it suddenly an issue for Mega Metagross?
It's more of a joke that an issue. According to the Pokedex, Metang is two Beldums and Metagross is two Metangs. That's why each evo has twice the legs of the preevo. Mega Metagross has eight legs, so the logical conclusion is that Mega Meta is two Metagrosses.

If they do add anything from Emerald (plot-wise), I would definitely like to see Tate and Liza have more of a connection to the story, especially during the Mossdeep Team Aqua/Magma confrontation at the Space Station. Tate and Liza are some of the most interesting Gym Leaders in all of the games. Why? Double Battling! I really hope they have more than just Lunatone and Solrock on their team to make the battle more interesting and much more difficult.

On the topic of Mega Evolution, I want to see Mega Cradily the most. It is an amazing Pokemon with a lot of potential. Imagine switching in on a predicted Water Type Attack with Storm Drain and getting a free 1.5x boost in Special Attack! It would be a Huge Power killer with Gastro Acid, and not to mention utilizing Recover. If we are looking through the fossil standpoint of Megas... Admit it. Cradily (and Bastiodon) are the most overlooked fossils because of their design (which I love Cradily and tribal bulldozer cow!) Mega Cradily should definitely be considered, and I'm speaking on behalf of the community.

Lastly, I'm thinking that Pikachu-C *winks at Yveltal* is going to take the role of this game's AZ's Floette, with boosted stats in certain areas.

My guesses, based on Gen III Pokeblock flavors and contest types:

Rock Star: Attack Boost/Cool
Libre: Defense Boost/Tough
Belle: Special Attack Boost/Beauty
Ph. D: Special Defense Boost/Smart
Pop Star: Speed Boost/Cute (not the ability omg no)

That's my guess, or maybe it's just a cute as hell dress up feature.

Last edited:
I saw someone mention a long time ago that the E4 wouldn't have Megas, but Diantha in X and Y had one, so this basically CONFIRMS that Stephen is Champion due to his Mega Metagross. I can't see Wallace getting a Mega Milotic (God, no)

EDIT: Never mind, I guess it was already stated in a CoroCoro article that I missed

Ok so I really love M-Metagross' design, it has a really big, intimidating look. It will make for a wicked final battle 'mon (even if it puts up a pathetic fight, it will still look badass). What I can't help but think though is the logistics of it's mega evolution. We all know that two Beldum fuse together to make Metang, then two of them fuse to make a Metagross. Mega Metagross has doubled the amount of limbs he has again, does he call up one of his Metagross buddies to strap onto his back temporarily? Is Metagross' mega stone actually just another Metagross hiding in your bottomless bag? These are the things I need to know
it's basically one beldum short of two metagross duct taped together. ifyouknowhatimean
i don't see it any differently from stuff we've had since like gen I though.

how does slowbro always magically get a shellder to grab onto his tail? how did magnemite evolve if it was alone? etc. etc.

Has anyone noticed how intricate small features of the past games are getting so beefed up?

*Super* Secret Bases are so much nicer than they were a long time ago. I'm very sure I'm going to make mine into one of those gigantic bushes on Route 120. Now, we basically "become our own Gym Leader" and I'm definitely spending a lot of time on my Secret Base.

Gyms are starting to become larger. Look at the Fairy Gym in X and Y. It was a doll house, on a lifelike, huge scale. I can't wait to see which direction they're going on Winona's gym. I just hated the swooshing noise her bars made. What if we have to go through airport security? I don't want patted down.... In battle...

For the love of Arceus, stop bashing the moderators. They do the best job and keep us in line, and we don't thank them enough. Do your best for society and help us keep this thread open. Just keep your theoretical mouth closed.

For the love of Arceus, stop bashing the moderators. They do the best job and keep us in line, and we don't thank them enough. Do your best for society and help us keep this thread open. Just keep your theoretical mouth closed.
Yeah, exactly. At first I wasn't quite sure why the heck they'd prevent us from theorizing, but then I realized that if we kept on that path it would become less "Let's discuss about this and what it brings and improves on" and more "I WANT THIS I WANT THIS"

Well in case it wasn't PAINFULLY obvious, I figure I must go ahead and say that Steven using Metagross in the Champion battle is confirmed. The description for the official YouTube video states this: "Trainers hoping to become Pokémon Champion of the Hoenn region will have to face off against Champion Steven and this powerful Pokémon", in reference to Mega Metagross in the video. I know it's really stupid to post it here, but it's confirmed for sure thanks to that.

As for me, Mega Metagross looks like it will be EXTREMELY awesome. Beautiful and crazy design, monstrous stat possibilities, and huge damage potential. It's Special Attacking set from DPP can finally use the only it's best* special contact move, Grass Knot!!! I'm basing off of Mega Kangaskahn on this prediction for anyone who cares about predicted spreads, but I wager its new stats will be as follows: 80 / 165 / 150 / 105 / 100 / 100. By the wording, 30 points seems like a "substantial" Speed boost... I wish it was 110, but basing on Kanga's "substantial" 30-point Attack boost, I'm being a pessimist in that respect. Either way, 100 is pretty good... right, Charizards? And there's always its >135 Atk, STAB, Tough Claws Bullet Punch to help.

Anyway, ORAS just keeps getting better and better. Secret Bases, more megas, awesome redesigns, and my favorite generation. :3

*EDIT: I should have double checked; the other special contact moves are Draining Kiss, Petal Dance, Infestation, Trump Card, and Wring Out. Final Gambit technically as well, but that doesn't really count.

Last edited:
I never thought I'd see the day when Tough Claws would work in conjunction with the Special Attack stat.
Truly, this is a beautiful day.
Me neither, I was like: a special attack boosted by Tough Claws?! What?!

I remember that back in Gen IV there was a (rather gimmicky) mixed Metagross set running Psychic/GrassKnot/HPfire/MeteorMash. In fact, I just checked and it's listed on Metagross' DP analysis! Maybe with Tough Claws and a Sp.Atk boost it'll have some use now? HP Fire and Grass Knot sure puts a lot of counters on the spot (like Ferrothorn and Quagsire).

When I first read about the Sp.Atk boost I thought: "oh no, they're wasting points on this!" But maybe I was wrong. (Maybe not: when you think Metagross will get boosts in every stat but HP and speed must be the higher one, there's no way its Sp.Atk will be boosted to fearsome levels)

Me neither, I was like: a special attack boosted by Tough Claws?! What?!

I remember that back in Gen IV there was a (rather gimmicky) mixed Metagross set running Psychic/GrassKnot/HPfire/MeteorMash. In fact, I just checked and it's listed on Metagross' DP analysis! Maybe with Tough Claws and a Sp.Atk boost it'll have some use now? HP Fire and Grass Knot sure puts a lot of counters on the spot (like Ferrothorn and Quagsire).

When I first read about the Sp.Atk boost I thought: "oh no, they're wasting points on this!" But maybe I was wrong. (Maybe not: when you think Metagross will get boosts in every stat but HP and speed must be the higher one, there's no way its Sp.Atk will be boosted to fearsome levels)
Yyyyyeah, I predict Special Attack getting +15 at the very most, but I think that really it'll be sitting at +10 more likely. Still, 105/110 Special Attack is still pretty usable, especially when HP Fire is only for hitting those specific targets and your other move is BOOSTED BY TOUGH CLAWS - seriously, that's still a really happy and funny surprise to me.
The big problem will be what nature to run. Back in Gen 4, you'd run either Brave or Quiet, because yeah, your speed wasn't that great anyway. That's not the case anymore; ALL your stats are really damn valuable. For this mixed attacking set, I unfortunately have to say that a nature that lowers Defence or Special Defence is the most beneficial.

I was going to bring up Grass Knot, actually. It's still very niche and takes up a valuable move slot for... Quagsire, Swampert, and Hippowdon? Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Bullet Punch, and Zen Headbutt / Thunderpunch are probably going to be better usage of its slots, but it could make for an interesting move for luring in those threats if they become more prominent once ORAS is released.

I'm really excited that movepool additions have been confirmed. This can really make for some new additions to the upper tiers but it's impossible to predict what Pokémon will get what, so the conversation pretty much ends there.

Also, I noticed that in the newest video the Secret Base guy doesn't actually have a stone on his sprite anywhere so I really don't think Mega Flygon is going to happen through him. Not that it can't still happen, but I really doubt he would have any part in that now. And trust me, I was always way more partial to Flygon than Salamence throughout my childhood and was adamant about using it instead, so I'll continue to cross fingers.

Edit: STUNFISK RUG MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
tbh if Metagross gets enough of an Attack boost to rival Scizor's Bullet Punch it might not even need to run Meteor Mash... two Steel moves is hella redundant coverage, Fairies or no. I think a Kyu-B style Sub + 3 Attacks would be the way to go with Megagross due to how easily things like Zen Headbutt will punch holes.

...I haven't wanted ORAS more than I do now. I'm getting it for the Secret Bases, now. Geez. That video has somehow reawakened my love of the original bases, something that was lost years ago.

lAVA LAMP HYPE

Also, that video seems to include locations that weren't in RSE, unless I'm recalling incorrectly. It also seems to have costumes not directly on in-game trainer classes, such as tank tops.
From the over world shots, it looked like the first one was on the exterior of Meteor Falls, or possible north of Rustboro. I think the second was west of Mauville, right below the Daycare, if the fence+landscape design+triathlon runner+Pinap Trees (...wait...Pinap berries, visible on their trees, in the over world...that wasn't in XY...look at 30 sec, am I seeing that right?). Berries aside, if that is where I think it is, then they are adding more base locations, which is, purely and simply, awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)