XY OU A Full Stall Team - Peaked at 1601 PS

Hello all. I present you a Full Stall team which I simply love to use. It works wonders to the user and usually cause severe hate on the opponent.

In this team, most Pokemons can lead. It depends on what I think the opponent will begin the game with so I always try to predict. Stall teams are a case of love and hate. Let's get to it.

2 Hot 4 You (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Usually used as lead, Heatran has great coverage on immunities and resistances. Flash Fire lets it absorbs Fire moves directed at Venusaur (not that it cant take those tbh) and also resists Grass moves that will OHKO Quagsire. Nature and EV spreads give it the bulk necessary to survive as much as it can. Sets up Rocks whenever it can, Toxic to cripple as much opponents as it can. Lava Plume is there not for the damage it does, but for the chance of burning physical treats as long as they arent fighting types to murder Heatran. Roar is the best move of this team because I really hate Baton Pass users and they are more common than never. 0 IVs to take the fewest damage possible from Foul Play.

-------------------------

Lats (Latias) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Latias is a great support to my team. It's incredible fast on the XY OU Speed Tier and IMO is the best deffoger out there, especially if Aegislash is gonna get banned. Its spread and nature serve to deal as much damage as possible with Psyshock against Sp. Walls like Chansey and Blissey and Draco Meteor hurts pretty much everything that isnt fairy and even some steel types. Healing Wish helped me so many times I cant even count. It's an underrated move if you ask me. Gotta watch out for Bisharp and TTar with Pursuit.

Ceres (Venusaur) (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed

Mega Venusaur works wonders alongside Heatran and Quagsire. It can sponge incoming attacks at both team mates and even one or another supper effective moves. If I happen to get a Sun weather from the opponent, Chlorophyll is there. EVs are chosen because I think it provides the best balance in its defenses and it has been working well so far. 0 IV atk is for Foul Play damage. All its moves are basic and known to all. Synthesis helps it survive and Leech Seed usually forces switches. Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb hits hard to those not resisting it.

Cleffy (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

I love Clefable. I used to run Unaware over Magic Guard but it proved to be less effective because I already had Quagsire and Clefeable was taking unnecessary damage. Magic Guard greatly helps it prevents burns, poison, Leech seeds, rocks and spikes. Although it has bulky EVs and nature, it can very much set up a couple CMs and sweep everything in its path. Flamethrower hits HARD those unaware steel types that I predict switching in. Its hard to OHKO Clefeable so Softboiled is always there to help. I can always switch in to Heatran if poison attacks are on their way.

Madre Teresa (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave / Toxic

You don't wanna mess with Chansey. Seriously. This pink ball is the cause of many forfeits and can literally sweep teams not prepared to deal with it either by trying to KO it or knocking its Eviolite off. I can even take physical moves and still surive to heal itself and T-Wave or Toxic the opponent. I prefer T-Wave but toxic is also very acceptable, although steel types are immune to it. The great thing about Seismic Toss is that it can 4OHKO-5OHKO ANY pokemon, bar ghosts obviously. Chansey, though, is not perfect and has two major treats, Sub Gengar and Sub Aegislash.

Quaggy (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Last but not least is our always friendly Quagsire. Its ability Unaware combined with its awesome physical bulk is what makes it OU. Since it's slow anyway, Relaxed nature is optimal in its case. Earthquake and scald provide great coverage to deal with opponents and the later even burning physical treats. Toxic is the other answer to stall non steel pokemons. I love how people try to set up to +1000 not realising Quagsire simply dont give a ****. All treats against it are covered by Heatran, Venusaur and Chansey. So they all work pretty amazingly with each other.

-------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: I really like this team and I got to 1601 with it on PS. I'm open to suggestions because nothing is perfect and can always be improved. Please rate it and leave your opinion :)

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would perhaps consider running Zapdos over Latias for a couple reasons: Mega Pinsir is quite threatening to this team as your only Flying resist, Heatran, is beaten easily with Earthquake. Taunt BU Talonflame could also be something worth looking out for since it completely stops your Heatran, though that's a bit more uncommon. Anyways, regarding Pinsir, Quagsire takes roughly 50-60% from a Return, so you really don't have much of a switch-in to it and it would generally require you to sack something in order to check it. Also, Latias as you mentioned is bait for Tyranitar and Bisharp, and although you may be able to play around it, there's no denying that Defogging in the presence of those two Pokemon are difficult. There are less opportunities for you to Defog when you either have to double out or Defog and sack to keep your mons alive. While Healing Wish is indeed a nice support to have, I personally find it a lot more useful on offensive teams where you can use a sweeper to wallbreak and have it come back to lategame clean. Though I'm sure it has its uses here, it doesn't seem absolutely necessary given the bulk of your team.

Otherwise, this is a very solid stall team. As is the case with many stall teams, you should watch out for flyspam, Mega Gyarados and Landorus-I. I don't want to change too much to the overall build of the stall team since things like Chansey/Quag/Tran/MVenu are usually staple to stall right now. I would be wary of Landorus-I particularly if you run T-Wave over Chansey, but I'm assuming you just flip flop it whenever you see fit. Personally I like Toxic when using Chansey stall because Landorus is very annoying to face, and if you were to run Zapdos>Latias then you would be more Landorus weak and less Steel-type weak, so maybe you should consider Toxic over T-Wave if you're going Zappy>Latias.

Zapdos@Leftovers
bold 248 hp / 244 def / 16 spe
Tbolt / HP Ice / Roost / Defog

Good luck with the team, hope I could help

Last edited:
I would perhaps consider running Zapdos over Latias for a couple reasons: Mega Pinsir is quite threatening to this team as your only Flying resist, Heatran, is beaten easily with Earthquake. Taunt BU Talonflame could also be something worth looking out for since it completely stops your Heatran, though that's a bit more uncommon. Anyways, regarding Pinsir, Quagsire takes roughly 50-60% from a Return, so you really don't have much of a switch-in to it and it would generally require you to sack something in order to check it. Also, Latias as you mentioned is bait for Tyranitar and Bisharp, and although you may be able to play around it, there's no denying that Defogging in the presence of those two Pokemon are difficult. There are less opportunities for you to Defog when you either have to double out or Defog and sack to keep your mons alive. While Healing Wish is indeed a nice support to have, I personally find it a lot more useful on offensive teams where you can use a sweeper to wallbreak and have it come back to lategame clean. Though I'm sure it has its uses here, it doesn't seem absolutely necessary given the bulk of your team.

Otherwise, this is a very solid stall team. As is the case with many stall teams, you should watch out for flyspam, Mega Gyarados and Landorus-I. I don't want to change too much to the overall build of the stall team since things like Chansey/Quag/Tran/MVenu are usually staple to stall right now. I would be wary of Landorus-I particularly if you run T-Wave over Chansey, but I'm assuming you just flip flop it whenever you see fit. Personally I like Toxic when using Chansey stall because Landorus is very annoying to face, and if you were to run Zapdos>Latias then you would be more Landorus weak and less Steel-type weak, so maybe you should consider Toxic over T-Wave if you're going Zappy>Latias.

Zapdos@Leftovers
bold 248 hp / 244 def / 16 spe
Tbolt / HP Ice / Roost / Defog

Good luck with the team, hope I could help
Thanks for the feedback. For a quick thinking, maybe running HP Rock over Ice on Zapdos to surprise Mega Pinsir could be nice.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the feedback. For a quick thinking, maybe running HP Rock over Ice on Zapdos to surprise Mega Pinsir could be nice.
The thing is that thunderbolt does 95.2 - 112.9% to Mega Pinsir as is, though if you wanted to slam it harder in regular form you would be using Heat Wave over HP Ice (I thought that HP Ice would be better in your case because Lando-T looks a little annoying for you as well). Though if you wanted to guarantee the kill you could definitely consider doing HP Rock, then you could be running Volt Switch over T-bolt for some added momentum.

Uhm, you know hp rock will always hit for less than tbolt
Hp rock: 60 BP *4 (weakness) = 240 effective BP
Tbolt: 90 BP * 1.5 (stab) * 2 (weakness) = 270

Cheers! ^^

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey geovanicaon, your team is really solid and there's not much room for improvement in my opinion. I only have 1 small suggestion: replace Heatran's Air Balloon with Leftovers. Air Balloon Heatran is more suited to offensive teams that need a reliable SR setter with a good offensive presence. On the other hand, Leftovers is always the preferred item on stall as Heatran lacks any form of recovery without them and is easily worn down (especially without wish support!), preventing it from checking its targets during long matches. Furthermore, keeping the Balloon intact is quite difficult, and flat-out impossible during 100+ turns matches. This is a really small change but I think it will be quite beneficial.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

248 hp evs for minimum residual damage, 40 hp to outspeed Adamant Mawile. You can also drop the speed investment if you think it's not necessary for you.

Hope I helped, good luck with the team n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)