The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Akame ga Kill ep 1..

The action as axpected is satifyingly macabre...

but I have problems with the pacing... th ending 15 minutes felt almost comically rushed to shove the entire chapter in an episode.

Currently watching:

Akame ga Kill
Aldnoah Zero
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun
Tokyo Ghoul
Zankyou no Terror
Rail Wars

In terms of hype I'm really excited to see how Akame ga Kill turns out because I love the manga, so far I'm pretty satisfied. Can't wait to see if they can pull off Esdese / Esdeath / whatever your scanlations say

Aldnoah Zero is probably my favorite so far in terms of pacing and storytelling. Tokyo Ghoul actually didn't wow me, but the premise is interesting and my friends who've read it tell me that the MC's growth is insane. Zankyou no Terror is also great and is visually stunning, while Gekkan Shoujo makes you feel good and has a wonderfully catchy OP.

Rail Wars I'm still not sold on (where is the MULTI TRACK DRIFTING) but I'll stick with it for another 3 episodes or so

damn zankyou no terror has a pretty alright soundtrack, give it a listen if you want to hype the show even more to yourself

Barakamon I was a little unsure on initially but it's been pretty fun so far, would recommend

I'll be that great, amazing guy who informs everyone that Aldnoah is split cour and will return in January 2015.
I really hope so, episode 3 catapulted it solidly up to AotS.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
aldnoah definitely rebounded after the really disappointing 2nd episode but i wouldnt call it my aots. Terror in Resonance/Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun/Space Dandy have been the real standouts to me

RODAN

Banned deucer.
all rite now that we are 3 weeks into the season again what is everyone watching (this season is surprisingly pretty fantastic)

my current list in order from most anticipated/enjoyable to least:

Zankyou no Terror: this show is pretty incredible, its super realistic and the characters are excellent. but this show only has 2 eps so far so its harder to judge but w/e

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun: this is the fucking funniest goddamn show ive seen in a long time. it does not fail to make me laugh ever, don't be surprised if this surpasses znt later on in the season

JoJo: its jojo

Space Dandy s2: even better than the first one so far. this season is filled with great comedies.

Barakamon: this is another stellar comedy, although it focuses more on the SoL aspects. Incredibly solid

Aldnoah.Zero: even though i thought the 2nd episode was dismal, the 3rd one put me firmly back on the hype train

Rail Wars: SPEAKING OF HYPE TRAINS

Tokyo ESP: I'm just waiting on a super kawaii version of wolverine

Re:_Hamatora: they unfucked this series guys, its actually decent now

Sailor Moon: like jojo it thrives on its incredibly dated charm, hampered by being biweekly though

Glasslip: entertaining but not as excellent as i hoped for

Jinsei / Locodol [tie]: these shows arent bad they are just the most mediocre of the season

DROPPED

Ao Haru Ride: idk i wasnt feeling it, maybe i should pick it back up? thoughts?

alright ive got a lot of stuff this season

zankyou no terror
akame ga kill
tokyo ghoul
nozaki-kun
barakamon
space dandy 2
rail wars
tokyo esp
sao 2
persona 4 golden
glasslip
ao haru ride
jinsei
argevollen
himegoto

also watching aldnoah but i need to catch up on that since ive only seen ep 1 so far

and i started evangelion which is pretty average so far imo but im only 2 episodes in and what do i know

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
my previews + schedule so I have atleast one to watch a day

Monday

Hamatora: Should really have been a 24 ep / 26 ep, season one was very filler, but this season really picked up. Season 1 ends on a cliffhanger so naturally season two has a better arc instead of random eps. Hopefully they will go into Hajime more since she is kinda just there rn. The art style is really cool too.

Railwars: Lighthearted series, fun shenanigans, about a "defense force" at the train station. Very pretty.

Tuesday

Barakamon: Great comedy. In particular I really like the voice acting, it sort of just goes with the antics. I'm also big on series that sort of explore the less popular hobbies / jobs, in this case calligraphy. These series are refreshing (see: chihayafuru, glasslip)

Wednesday

Glasslip: Has promise, once again the "thing" is glassblowing, though it hasn't really shown up that much so far. There is a little supernatural stuff and love triangles which I am a big fan of if it's my ship. Ultra pretty

Sailor Moon: I mean I barely remember the original so this is mostly nostalgia. 3D CGI transformation sequences tho.

Thursday

Terror: This is a cool series. The first episode grabs attention really well and how it develops is great. It's prob gonna be from the bad guys' side which is welcome, and there is the appearance of the good guy super detective who retired for a good flashback.
Tokyo Ghoul: I must remember Horror in anime isn't that bad. This series also takes the unconventional side, where ghouls and bad maybe and the main character is kinda a ghoul. There's gore and stuff but not really bad.

Friday

ESP: super powers and stuff. Heroine with interesting powers. Needs a strong plot to be good imo, which apparently it does from the manga.

Saturday

Aldnoah: Not a big fan of mechas but w/e I rode the hype train. Gives me Code Geass vibes a little. Characters are kinda meh so far. The first episode does make you want to watch the second ep though, but the second ep was a bit ResidentSleeper.

Sunday

SAO2: Meh this series could remove Kirito IMO. He doesn't really need to be there. Also the whole Gun MMO is...different. Not sure if it'll be good or not.

Gekkan: Great characters, no real story has appeared yet but great characters. All the funnies.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Whenever I watch Tokyo Ghoul I have trouble eating meat but I come around bc it tastes good. That said, ep 4 has given the show a direction in the form of the "doves", who are detectives with mysterious briefcases that can take down ghouls. This is a keeper.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Oh trust me it only get's better from there. My only gripe with the show right now is the pacing is terrible and they keep hopping around different arcs simultaneously. The manga takes things much slower and explains things much better in my opinion.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
somehow rail wars managed to get a beach episode AND an onsen episode at once. im impressed

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Anime list for Fall has been uploaded to the OP.

Looking forward to Chaika, Psycho Pass, and Log Horizon sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)