Smogon Superstars [Playoff Qualifiers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Smogon Superstars V

Originally hosted by tripe, Hosted last year by undisputed , Hosted this year by FireMage

Smogon Superstars I : Won by Jibaku
Smogon Superstars II : Won by 6A9 Ace Matador
Smogon Superstars III: Won by Aeroblacktyl
Smogon Superstars IV: Won by panamaxis
Smogon Superstars V : Won by ????

- Round 1 - Round 2 - Round 3

Welcome to one of Smogon's most prestigious tournaments in which all the participants are handpicked and then invited to join. Its been an exhaustive few hours but the roster is finally complete and I hope you enjoy all of what this tour has to offer in terms of high level battles, high level drama and massive johns. The roster was drawn up by myself with assistance and insight from Eo so any complaints can be sent directly to him.

Tournament Specific Rules and Information:

The Top 16 players will advance to the playoffs, and we will announce the format for that when we get there. It may be the same as Superstars III playoffs, but I'm hoping to come up with an even better, fresher idea this year.

In addition, any player that leads or ties for the lead of a pool (limited to a two-way tie) will automatically have a chance to make the playoffs! Even if you seem down and out, one good pool performance can mean you're still in it!

Activity decisions will be given out if there is obvious evidence supporting them. There will be no coin flips in the event of equal activity; the match will not count as a win or a loss for either player. To avoid gaming this system, Wins and Games Played is the primary tie breaker (a final record of 11-4 will beat 10-2 based on activity, and 10-3 will also beat 10-2). In the case of the same record, Head to Head will take precedence.

Use Smogtours for all battles and make sure you save all of your replays! Announce your battles when / if you can so as many people as possible can view these excellent battles!

Playoff qualifiers

The Following 14 players have already qualified for the playoffs.
1) Reymedy [12-3-0]
-) FLCL [12-3-0]
3) Ojama [11-4-0]
4) Hantsuki [11-3-1]
5) Conflict [10-5-0]
-) Dekzeh [10-5-0]
-) Bad Ass [10-5-0]
8) yan[sogeking] [10-5-0]
9) MarceloDK [10-5-0]
10) Leftiez [10-3-2]
11) Ciele [9-5-1] [1 Group win]*
--) Masterclass [9-5-1] [1 Group Win]
--) PDC [9-6-0] [1 Group Win]
14) Kevin Garrett [9-6-0] [0 Group Wins]*
--) Eo Ut Mortus [9-6-0] [1 Group Win]
--) Laurel [9-6-0] [0 Group Wins]

They will playoff against similarly ranked players to determine starting seed
Best of three, DPP / BW / XY OU Player on the left determines first game
*Group wins are only relevant for these players with similar matchups - everyone else above has the same amount of group wins. Group wins will not factoer into playoff positions

Matchups
Reymedy vs FLCL

Yan[Sogeking] vs Bad Ass
MarceloDK vs Dekzeh

Bad Ass vs dekzeh
yan[sogeking] vs MarceloDK
*Conflict is not included because He was the only one to achieve a 5-0 in one of his groups.

The above matches are under no obligation to get done - these are to purely tide you over whilst the rest get sorted out.

Matchups for Seeds 11, 12 and 13
Eo Ut Mortus vs Ciele
PDC
vs Kevin Garrett
Masterclass vs Laurel

If the above Players lose their match, they will then play in a round robin to determine who gets the 14th seed
Eo Ut Mortus vs Kevin Garrett
Kevin Garrett vs Laurel
Laurel vs Eo Ut Mortus

In addition to the two who didn't make it through the round robin - The Following 14 will play for 15th and 16th seed.

[Round Robin second place]
[Round Robin Last Place]
King [76-2] [2 Groups winner]
Philip7086 [8-7-0]
kael [8-6-1]
Stathakis [8-6-1]
-Tsunami- [8-5-2]
HSA ♥ [8-3-4]
BKC [7-4-4]
CrashinBoomBang [6-7-2]
WhiteQueen [6-6-3]
Floppy [4-11-0]
B-Lulz [4-10-1] *(Boudouche won the group - but subbed out)
aim [4-8-3]
PttP [4-6-5]
Rewer [4-4-7]

Again, Best of three DPP / BW / XY OU. if the tilde (~) is on your side of the vs then you pick the first game.
R1 - Matchups
[Round Robin 2nd Place] ~vs Rewer
[Round Robin 3rd Place] vs~ PttP
King ~vs aim
Philip7086
vs~ B-Lulz
Kael ~vs Floppy
Stathakis vs~ WhiteQueen
-Tsunami- ~vs Crashinboombang
HSA vs~ BKC

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Spreadsheet and everything is located here

if you need to locate me for any questions or queries locate me on IRC - channel #neverused

FireMage

Disgraced
Ok so, there's a few errors in matchups which I'm just clearing up. Hold tight and don't play any matches yet.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
dude can you just pick some random fkin seeds for those who are already qualified? i am not interested in a) delaying this tournament 2 weeks and b) playing two bo3s for what is essentially a random opponent. PLEASE cancel this dumb playoff and seed us randomly. everyone is good enough to where it doesn't matter.

tagging FireMage

FireMage

Disgraced
The Seeded ones are under no obligation to play. I need to determine who gets the last few spots. The matches are there so you don't get bored waiting for the others to finish.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The thing is, it won't delay the tournament (the seeding) since anyway, there will be a tournament to find out who will be taking the two lasts spots.
And I guess you can't randomize these 2 spots.

So yea :pirate:

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
i don't wanna play [hence why i didn't bother to play my last 4 games, win 2 of them or whatever (LOL Jayde in dpp) and not have to play the dumb playoff anyway]

GL in finals of this shit BKC

edit: or rather getting to the finals you have to play like 10 games LOL

Im supposed to be tied with Reymedy 12-3 js, while my oppoentn Mdragon/Jirachee was johning everyday... Sogeking got it and not me ?

Well gl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)