Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
From the video it looks like these are Robin's specials:

Neutral B - Thunder (chargeable: Thunder → Elthunder → Arcthunder → Thoron)
Side B - Elfire (looks similar to PK Fire)
Up B - Elwind (attacks downward in shock waves while pushing Robin upward)
Down B - Nosferatu (deals damage and drains/heals %)

Nair was confirmed to be auto-cancelable at E3. Either way, this trailer really seemed like Sakurai telling everyone to shut the fuck up. It's a good thing, too, because I was at my wits end with these people blindly eating Gematsu's shit and shooting down any character speculation. Not to mention the idiots seriously wondering if the most poplar character in the game was going to come back. It's a good thing Mario was revealed immediately, otherwise these guys wouldn't have been able to sleep at night.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I don't think anyone with half a brain seriously thought Falcon wasn't coming back. And if you're at your wits end over that, then lol

And to be fair, people had very good reason to believe the Gematsu thing.

I don't think anyone with half a brain seriously thought Falcon wasn't coming back. And if you're at your wits end over that, then lol
I didn't say they were smart, just that there were a lot of them.

And to be fair, people had very good reason to believe the Gematsu thing.
Not really. The only not retardedly obvious thing he predicted was the E3 2013 stuff, and since that was leaked the day before E3, it was really obviously just insider information. That and there was nothing to justify the second leak. The only one he predicted by name was Palutena.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Regarding idiots, you just gotta tune them out man. Every fanbase has them. Not going to lie, I saw very little "falcon ded rip" kinda stuff, but maybe you visit different places.

Regarding Gematsu, maybe you're right. However, when he's sitting at 8(if you count the Pokemon claim)/11 correct, people were going to give him validity. And they still will, a single mistake doesn't mean that he pulled IPs out of his ass, it might very well mean something got scrapped.

There's no way they'd cut an entire character this late into development, especially when they already had to cut veterans to make room for the newcomers. If something was going to be cut, it would've been very early on, like Mewtwo in Brawl (who had almost nothing but some sound clips).

Last edited:

Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth.

(Comment)

With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.

(Comment 2)

By the way…there's probably no chance you'll be able to see this in the game, but Lucina has the mark of Naga in her left eye.

Last edited:
I don't know what they're saying here. Is she just Marth with no tip, Marth but the entire sword is a tip, or is her whole sword a midpoint between Marth's tip and edge? Or is she like Roy, with an anti-tip? Hopefully the latter, as that's the only one that would cause a different playstyle and not just be a straight up/downgrade.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know what they're saying here. Is she just Marth with no tip, Marth but the entire sword is a tip, or is her whole sword a midpoint between Marth's tip and the rest of his sword? Or is she like Roy, with an anti-tip? Hopefully the latter, as that's the only one that would cause a different playstyle and not just be a straight up/downgrade.
I think Lucina's attacks will be generally stronger, but not as strong as Marth's tips.

I don't know what they're saying here. Is she just Marth with no tip, Marth but the entire sword is a tip, or is her whole sword a midpoint between Marth's tip and the rest of his sword? Or is she like Roy, with an anti-tip? Hopefully the latter, as that's the only one that would cause a different playstyle and not just be a straight up/downgrade.
Sounds to me like she is Marth with no tip.
(Sorry, experiencing posting issues)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can somebody please tell me what the hell a "shulk" is and why every single person on the internet wants them in smash?

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
He's from a much newer series than any other character when entering Smash. While it's hard to use precedents for a series with only three games so far, it seems unlikely that Nintendo would throw him in with the large franchises. The Gematsu leak is the biggest thing that makes him Smash relevant, and that's dubious currently.

Speaking of RPGs, isn't Dragon Quest published by Nintendo now? That's a pretty big franchise, I'm surprised at the lack of speculation for a representative.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I think Square Enix still has a hand in the production of the games so I don't think they'd include that franchise. I think it goes to the same reason why we don't see characters from Super Mario RPG in Smash. I'm sure they may cameo it as a trophy or something though.

Anyways apparently Corocoro is revealing the WHOLE ROSTER in the next issue: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=855418
Corocoro did the same thing in the December 2007 edition for Smash Bros Brawl. They only gave us everything we already knew, a few special moves for Ivysaur and Squirtle, and confirmed Sheik would be back. I think they are just trying to build hype for their next edition expecting everyone forgot.

Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword.

(Comment)

The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)