Other The Play Style Play-Offs! [Round 3 Sign-Ups]

First Two Play Styles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Volt-Turn team going to be allowed to "cheat" and use slow Volt-Turners like Mega Ampharos to beat the TR team?

I would like to join the Volt-Turn team. Also, can we please pay attention to time zones a bit this time? I couldnt play against my opponent since we had a 11 hour difference and we could never synchronize.

You mean like the same way sand "cheated" by CTing rain last round?
At least the sand team looked like something you could actually ladder or play in a tournament with. There is no reason to use a slow Volt-Turn team except to counter the rare TR team.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We were never told not to counter team. Plus, Air even hinted at it.
Yeah that's the whole point of my post. I was basically saying that it's allowed like it was last round.

Red Cat Slow Volt turn guarantees safe switchins. And I don't see the problem if the teams aren't gonna see much usage outside of this tourney.

Trick Room

The problem in my opinion is that trick room is much easier to counter team than rain. Volt-turn users can minimize speed on certain mons to take advantage of trick room and also run moves like protect to stall out trick room.

Counterteaming is a pretty bad arguement because technically you can continue on an infinite cycle until you've couterteamed their counterteaming to counterteam. No one is directly or indirectly saying not to (hint)

On that note, I will be leading the Trick Room to victory this week. And yes Air made me say that.

Counterteaming is a pretty bad arguement because technically you can continue on an infinite cycle until you've couterteamed their counterteaming to counterteam. No one is directly or indirectly saying not to (hint)

On that note, I will be leading the Trick Room to victory this week. And yes Air made me say that.
That was a really confusing post. So do you care if the teams are competitively viable in OU or not?

That was a really confusing post. So do you care if the teams are competitively viable in OU or not?
Yes, the teams are in general supposed to reflect that playstyle in OU, and we want to cut down on counterteaming as much as possible. Last week Sand vs Rain had a lot of room to do that, but this week it will be harder to counterteam, ao it should turn out a lot better.

lol it's everyone from the last round
It'll be hard to counter trick room directly and I'll tell my team why this is. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)