Other Creative / Underrated Sets Thread (Read the thread, NO SHITTY GIMMICKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Using knock off is (yes, venusaur can knock off, but u know it) too mainstream? If the point is trapping chansey why u wanna deal with ferrothorn too? We are not talking about a sweeper that needs to remove is counters, is a wall.
Knock Off doesn't "remove" Chansey, for starters. We are talking about a wall that gives trouble to pretty much any non-HO in OU and so she deserves special treatment. The fact Gothitelle of all things is used specifically to deal with her should give you an idea.
As for Ferrothorn, I'd rather be able to 2HKO it with HP Fire than run a STAB move that is resisted by everyone and their mom in OU. That move is mostly filler anyways.

As I said this set is not deadweight even if it's not trapping Chansey, since it can still trap and fuck up pretty much everything commonly found on stall besides opposing M-Venusaurs. Here's a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-140139375

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion / Stealth Rock / Taunt

One of the two new dual screeners of choice in OU, now that Deoxys-S has gotten the boot to Ubers. Klefki may have Prankster screens and Thunder Wave, not to mention typing with actual defensive value, but Azelf has a few selling points of it's own, namely what you see in the last two moveslots. A fast Taunt has always been and always will be a great option to deal with opposing leads, Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock, and Explosion is great for bringing in another Pokemon unharmed and dodging Defog (it fails if there's no target, so you can keep your Screens and hazards), not to mention doing massive damage to anything that isn't immune or resistant.

Obviously if you aren't running Explosion, there's no point in Jolly 252 Attack, so switching to Timid and investing that 252 into your bulk will be far more effective.

Klefki may be the more reliable of the two screeners, but Azelf provides an incredible amount of momentum and support that Klefki fails to match. They're two sides of the same coin, really. Klefki is great for stopping opposing sweepers and cleaners with Thunder Wave, but if you want to generate your own momentum, try Azelf.

Azelf @ Light Clay
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect

One of the two new dual screeners of choice in OU, now that Deoxys-S has gotten the boot to Ubers. Klefki may have Prankster screens and Thunder Wave, not to mention typing with actual defensive value, but Azelf has a few selling points of it's own, namely what you see in the last two moveslots. A fast Taunt has always been and always will be a great option to deal with opposing leads, Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock, and Explosion is great for bringing in another Pokemon unharmed and dodging Defog (it fails if there's no target, so you can keep your Screens and hazards), not to mention doing massive damage to anything that isn't immune or resistant.

Obviously if you aren't running Explosion, there's no point in Jolly 252 Attack, so switching to Timid and investing that 252 into your bulk will be far more effective.

Klefki may be the more reliable of the two screeners, but Azelf provides an incredible amount of momentum and support that Klefki fails to match. They're two sides of the same coin, really. Klefki is great for stopping opposing sweepers and cleaners with Thunder Wave, but if you want to generate your own momentum, try Azelf.
I'd actually suggest Psychic in one of the slots so you can deal with M-Heracross who OHKOs with Pin Missile through Reflect. (It doesn't OHKO even with Explosion). Not sure if M-Heracross is worth preparing for, but I've played quite a few battles where I OHKO'd their opposing Azelf with ease.

Don't forget that you can also run Magic Coat to screw over opposing leads, which is an important niche it has over Klefki.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Spe / 244 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Tailwind / Solar Beam

Mega Charizard Y becomes specially defensive to take hits for the team. With this spread, Zard Y becomes a check/counter to some top tier threats, such as Landorus without Calm Mind, Greninja, Aegislash, and Gengar. Some damage calcs worth bringing up:

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 127-151 (35.3 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 143-172 (39.8 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 117-138 (32.5 - 38.4%) -- 97.8% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Gengar Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 142-168 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And the best part is Zard Y can still hit incredibly hard:

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus in Sun: 321-378 (100.3 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 342-404 (119.5 - 141.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar in Sun: 276-325 (105.3 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Will-O-Wisp on a special wall is as clever as it gets, as Rotom-W has shown us, while having Tailwind can aid your team in case if you need to outspeed something in an emergency. Solar Beam is still an option though, as it allows Zard Y to threaten the Water- and Rock-types that resist Fire-type moves. The real strength to this set though is the surprise factor that this carries. Physical sweepers would typically be good matchups when against regular Zard Y, but burning them when they expect offensive sets could really change the tide of battle.

Last edited:

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Tailwind / Solar Beam

Mega Charizard Y becomes specially defensive to take hits for the team. With this spread, Zard Y becomes a check/counter to some top tier threats, such as Landorus without Calm Mind, Greninja, Aegislash, and Gengar. Some damage calcs worth bringing up:

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Charizard Y: 117-138 (32.5 - 38.3%) -- 97.9% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 133-156 (36.9 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Charizard Y: 105-124 (29.1 - 34.4%) -- 5.2% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Gengar Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Charizard Y: 130-154 (36.1 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And the best part is Zard Y can still hit incredibly hard:

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus in Sun: 321-378 (100.3 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 342-404 (119.5 - 141.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar in Sun: 276-325 (105.3 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Will-O-Wisp on a special wall is as clever as it gets, as Rotom-W has shown us, while having Tailwind can aid your team in case if you need to outspeed something in an emergency. Solar Beam is still an option though, as it allows Zard Y to threaten the Water- and Rock-types that resist Fire-type moves. The real strength to this set though is the surprise factor that this carries. Physical sweepers would typically be good matchups when against regular Zard Y, but burning them when they expect offensive sets could really change the tide of battle.
Would 16-20 speed EVs be worthwhile to out speed bisharp and other s around the 240 mark? You probably want 248 HP EVs as well because Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 100 Atk / 168 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Imprison
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Definitely a set that isn't commonly used, this set not only allows Landorus to be a physical wall, it also allows it to block Stealth Rock? Imprison is a really neat move, and I actually made a metagame around it. The EV set allows Landorus to outspeed Jolly Exca and survives 2 brave birds from adamant band Talonflame (as the team i use this in is weak to those 2 pokemon, you can probably change the evs to suit yourself though I do recommend a lot of speed on this set.) Earthquake is occasionally helpful to let electric mons switch in safely. This really isn't the best set but I believe this set should be tried out at least

Last edited:
I use this set except with U-Turn over Earthquake, it's an interesting twist on the usual Landorus sets. Worked better when Deoxys was still a thing though. Also, I'd like to point out that Azelf can run the same set for a faster Imprison at the cost of bulk. Make of that what you will.

I use this set except with U-Turn over Earthquake, it's an interesting twist on the usual Landorus sets. Worked better when Deoxys was still a thing though. Also, I'd like to point out that Azelf can run the same set for a faster Imprison at the cost of bulk. Make of that what you will.
Or Azelf could run taunt...

I would like to contribute a creative set that has helped me out a lot in many battles. The opponent usually doesn't see this coming.

Introducing, Specs Gengar.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast/ HP Fighting
- Sludge Wave
- Trick

Looking at Gengar's high speed and powerful Sp. Atk stat, I really wondered why he was never given a specs set in analyses of it I've seen. I thought it would be a good idea, and it turns out I was right for many battles! One of the main reasons of this set is to hit as hard as possible, while outspeeding most of the metagame. Specs allows Gengar to hit like a truck. If you feel secure about Sticky Web, than a modest nature would be preferable, which would make it hit even harder.

Shadow Ball is a given on any Gengar set, with nice reliable STAB. Focus Blast forms an almost unresisted perfect combo with shadow ball, though I have to admit, I'd almost switch Focus Blast for HP Fighting because I just really hate it when I miss on a crucial turn! I always become worried where my best or only option is to use moves like Stone Edge or Focus Blast because that BP can just be an empty promise (like Contrary Serperior). Anyway I've chosen the third move to be Sludge Wave, which combined with specs, at least severely wounds the opponents Pokemon. I chose Sludge Wave because of its massive BP along with being STAB, and poison has been buffed in Gen 6, allowing Gengar to hit those annoying fairies.

The last move, Trick, is another vital part of this set, and my personal favorite part of it. It allows Gengar to cripple all physical attackers or support Pokemon. Because of Trick, Gengar can be a good Lead if you think that you're opponet will lead with a Pokemon to set up hazards or pass boosts, such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, or Smeargle.

Some calcs

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 237-279 (74 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 346-408 (98.2 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 272-320 (70.4 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 332-392 (46.4 - 54.9%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 207-244 (51.2 - 60.3%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 314-372 (86.2 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 276-326 (85.1 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Speaking of Aegislash, this defensive calc looks interesting to me

4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 186-222 (70.9 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
I would like to contribute a creative set that has helped me out a lot in many battles. The opponent usually doesn't see this coming.

Introducing, Specs Gengar.

Gengar @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast/ HP Fighting
- Sludge Wave
- Trick

Looking at Gengar's high speed and powerful Sp. Atk stat, I really wondered why he was never given a specs set in analyses of it I've seen. I thought it would be a good idea, and it turns out I was right for many battles! One of the main reasons of this set is to hit as hard as possible, while outspeeding most of the metagame. Specs allows Gengar to hit like a truck. If you feel secure about Sticky Web, than a modest nature would be preferable, which would make it hit even harder.

Shadow Ball is a given on any Gengar set, with nice reliable STAB. Focus Blast forms an almost unresisted perfect combo with shadow ball, though I have to admit, I'd almost switch Focus Blast for HP Fighting because I just really hate it when I miss on a crucial turn! I always become worried where my best or only option is to use moves like Stone Edge or Focus Blast because that BP can just be an empty promise (like Contrary Serperior). Anyway I've chosen the third move to be Sludge Wave, which combined with specs, at least severely wounds the opponents Pokemon. I chose Sludge Wave because of its massive BP along with being STAB, and poison has been buffed in Gen 6, allowing Gengar to hit those annoying fairies.

The last move, Trick, is another vital part of this set, and my personal favorite part of it. It allows Gengar to cripple all physical attackers or support Pokemon. Because of Trick, Gengar can be a good Lead if you think that you're opponet will lead with a Pokemon to set up hazards or pass boosts, such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, or Smeargle.

Some calcs

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 237-279 (74 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 346-408 (98.2 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 272-320 (70.4 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 332-392 (46.4 - 54.9%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 207-244 (51.2 - 60.3%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 314-372 (86.2 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 276-326 (85.1 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Speaking of Aegislash, this defensive calc looks interesting to me

4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 186-222 (70.9 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
How does Gengar get Sludge Wave? I usually run Sludge bomb on this set.

Sludge wave is a dream world move. I'm not actually sure why it's not used over Sludge bomb. I think the poison chance has something to do with it.

EDIT: greninja'd.

Sludge Wave has the slightly larger base power of the two, at 95 (iirc), while having a 10% chance to (regularly) poison the target. Sludge Bomb has 90 BP, with a 30% chance to (regularly, again) poison the target. Gengar typically prefers Sludge Bomb, as over the course of 100 times using the move, Sludge Bomb tends to outdamage Sludge Wave, iirc, due to the poison chance. However, you will find most Sheer Force users using only Sludge Wave, due to the higher BP. Incidentally enough, Gengar can only get Sludge Bomb from TM, as well as Sludge Wave from the Dream World even though both of them exist as TMs (TMs 34 and 36).

Sludge Wave has the slightly larger base power of the two, at 95 (iirc), while having a 10% chance to (regularly) poison the target. Sludge Bomb has 90 BP, with a 30% chance to (regularly, again) poison the target. Gengar typically prefers Sludge Bomb, as over the course of 100 times using the move, Sludge Bomb tends to outdamage Sludge Wave, iirc, due to the poison chance. However, you will find most Sheer Force users using only Sludge Wave, due to the higher BP. Incidentally enough, Gengar can only get Sludge Bomb from TM, as well as Sludge Wave from the Dream World even though both of them exist as TMs (TMs 34 and 36).
I choose to run Sludge Wave over Sludge Bomb because I like the higher bp overall. Gengar usually won't last long enough to induce poison hax on the opponent's Pokemon, so I want it to hit as powerful as possible while it's still alive.

Sludge Wave hits Chesnaught while sludge bomb does not. (Due to bulletproof)

Here's a set that is almost unheard of, for a RU Pokemon that many people would say doesn't belong anywhere near OU because of its less-then-stellar stats. Some may call this set a shitty gimmick, but hear me out before you do. I've used it late last year to reasonable success, even building an entire team around it, which you can find here. I think that given some of the changes in the Metagame that have occured since then (Mega-Blaziken was still around in OU), there's at least some potential here.

Physical Stall Wall Whimsicott

Whimsicott @ Big Root
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Cotton Guard
- Encore

Thanks to the new Grass/Fairy typing Whimsicott picked up, it now actually has some potential as a physical wall (especially mid/late-game). The basic strategy is to switch in on a move that Whimsicott is either totally immune to (Spore, Leech Seed, or any Dragon-type move) or resists, then use a priority Encore to force the switch. As the opponent switches out and on the first turn, boost to +6 Defense with two priority Cotton Guards. Once that +6 Defense is obtained, your only win condition might just be to Leech Seed and Giga Drain your opponent into oblivion (assuming they don't have any special attackers left).

Pros:
-1180. That's the amount of Whimsicott's Defense stat after just two Cotton Guards.
-Unexpected. Physical Wall Whimsicott is rarely, if ever, considered as a threat when team building.
-Able to absorb Spore and any Dragon-type attack, and then use priority Encore to force a switch. This allows the first Cotton Guard on the opponent's switch and the second Cotton Guard immediately following.
-Big Root in combination with Leech Seed and Giga Drain helps make up for Whimsicott's poor base HP stat, since it can restore large percentages of its health each turn.
-Laughs in the face of anything physical that doesn't hit it super-effectively.
-Laughs harder in the face of some things that do hit it super-effectively.
-Able to provide priority Encore support, which can shut down lots of other notable walls.
-Base 116 speed will allow it to naturally outspeed a large number of other priority users.
-Absolutely capable of causing the opponent to rage quit.

Cons:
-Total taunt bait while setting up.
-Very vulnerable to Toxic. REALLY doesn't like Toxic, since once Whimsicott gets set up, there's often no reason to take it out.
-Struggles against anything that has immunity to Leech Seed (including Pokemon with Magic Guard).
-Lousy base stats and very vulnerable to special attacks.
-Doesn't like some of the physical threats that dominate the current OU Metagame, including Mega-Mawile, Talonflame, boosted Bisharp, and mixed Aegislash since they have super-effective attacks.
-Needs support for a proper stall, including removal of special attackers and preferably friendly hazards like Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes.

Here's some damage calcs for you so you can see what I'm talking about (and keep in mind the calculator does not calculate for the HP recovery from Leech Seed and Giga Drain). Some of these I just used the random recommended set for Whimsicott's opponent, some of them I actually improved the stats/items etc (such as replacing the Choice Scarf on Garchomp with a Choice Band). In all cases, I used the move from their common set that was MOST damaging to Whimsicott.

After boosting, Whimsicott can take hits from some of the metagame's heaviest hitters:
252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 43-52 (13.2 - 16%) -- possible 5HKO after sandstorm damage
+2 252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 96-113 (29.6 - 34.8%) -- 10.9% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Garchomp Stone Edge vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 37-44 (11.4 - 13.5%) -- possible 8HKO
+3 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 31-36 (9.5 - 11.1%) -- possible 9HKO

Sponges up super-effective attacks like a boss:
252 Atk Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 30-36 (9.2 - 11.1%) -- possible 9HKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 50-60 (15.4 - 18.5%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 116-138 (35.8 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 58-70 (17.9 - 21.6%) -- possible 5HKO (if Conkeldurr is burned)
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 96-114 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- 10.3% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 73-88 (22.5 - 27.1%) -- 44.7% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 102-120 (31.4 - 37%) -- 70.7% chance to 3HKO

Also stops Breloom in its tracks, especially since it can switch in and absorb/Encore that annoying Breloom Spore:
252 Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 30-40 (9.2 - 12.3%) -- possible 9HKO
0 SpA Whimsicott Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 49-58 (18.7 - 22.1%) -- possible 5HKO

And also Azumarill, who strongly dislikes Giga Drain:
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 144-169 (44.4 - 52.1%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO (oh, and you can also Encore its Belly Drum)
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 54-64 (16.6 - 19.7%) -- guaranteed 6HKO

Once again, keep in mind that these calculations do NOT account for Big Root-boosted Giga Drain & Leech Seed recovery. Now, this is definitely a niche role, to be sure, but this Whimsicott build actually lets it check a large portion of the current metagame's top-tier threats. Give it a try if you feel so inclined, or don't. Just thought I'd mention it since I stumbled across my old Whimsicott team's thread recently, and haven't really seen any discussion about this potential role for Whimsicott. Thoughts?

Last edited:
The main problem I see with it is that the most common leech seed users are Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur (there may be others, but I see that Breloom is a 5hko... But then Poison Heal exists. Hm). Both are immune to leech seed and take probably 5% from Giga Drain.
From what I recall, the main problem with our cotton sheep remains the same: walled by grass types without really even trying.
Otherwise, it looks fine!

The main problem I see with it is that the most common leech seed users are Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur (there may be others, but I see that Breloom is a 5hko... But then Poison Heal exists. Hm). Both are immune to leech seed and take probably 5% from Giga Drain.
From what I recall, the main problem with our cotton sheep remains the same: walled by grass types without really even trying.
Otherwise, it looks fine!
Agreed, this set would not do well against Mega Venusaur or Ferrothorn. Although, it does have the potential to force the switch by using Encore after switching into the Leech Seed and locking them into it.

Last edited:

Entei@Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 136 HP/ 252 Atk / 12 Def / 108 Spe
-Substitute
-Sacred Fire
-Stone Edge
-Iron Head/ Iron Tail/ ExtremeSpeed/ Bulldoze

Bulky Sub-attacker Entei. It handles a large portion of the OU metagame between his decent mono-Fire typing and great natural bulk. Substitute eases prediction and lets Entei hit the switch in with the right move. Sacred Fire is awesome with the 50% burn rate and great base power of 100, allowing Entei to cripple most physical switch ins like Azumarill and Tyranitar. Stone Edge covers certain threats like both Zard formes and birdspammers thinking they can switch in and set up on Entei. I generally like to use a Steel move to slay the Fairies that Entei has an easy time switching in to. Iron Head and Iron Tail is the reliability vs power argument but after awhile of missing all too often with Iron Tail I'm beginning to favor Iron Head. Since you're running Adamant, ExtremeSpeed is another option for the 4th moveslot, allowing Entei to pick off a weakened opponent if Entei can't one-shot it from behind a sub and his sub is broken. Just remember to switch to shiny. Also this set is pretty hard walled by Heatran, but Heatran can't do anything back if its not carrying Earth Power, and Bulldoze is a 2hko should you opt to run it.

The EV spread is tailored to allow 101 Subs, easily setting up on the likes of Chansey and co carrying Seismic Toss and Night Shade. Maximum Attack investment allows Entei hit as hard as possible, and 108 Spe EVs allow Entei to Speed creep Jolly Breloom and down. The rest is dumped into Defense, but you can opt for a different EV spread, basically swapping Attack and Defense investment and switching to Impish, but you're losing out on a lot of damage and the option to run ExtremeSpeed. Pressure works really well in tandem with Substitute as well, allowing Entei to PP stall out certain Hydro Pumps and Stone Edges looking for an easy kill.

Last edited:
Hey there, I have a homemade manaphy set that I want to share with you guys ^~^ I'm pretty sure I'm the only one to use this set! and it have been working well for me, with a peak at 1837 (#55) I made a RMT featuring it, if your are interested:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/manaphy-the-cute-little-nightmare-peaked-1837-55.3513258/

image.jpg

Little nightmare (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 44 HP / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Psychic

This set is made to have a good matchup against stall teams, and bulkier teams in general, being able to setup on and beat: gliscor, chansey, mega luvdisc, slowbro, quagsire, heatran, magic guard clefable, bulky zard x and the list goes on. After a setup it can pretty much beat everything slower than base 100, and a TON of things faster, due to its amazing 100/100/100 defensive stats. Psychic is to hit mvenu and amoonguss being able to ohko most variants at +3 with sr being up. 44 hp evs is to hit a leftie number. Rain dance grants it status immunity, and also let it 2hko fully specially defensive chansey.

Honestly, it have been working extremely well for me (almost as good as specs blissey) and it can really give stall weak teams, or stall weak players in general a nice edge. So, before claiming it to be a gimmick outclassed by the rain+rest set, I would really recommend trying it out.

I went on showdown to get a replay... Yeah:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-148251718
Another replay (did not even have to make any plays here)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-148261258
Edit: i actually have a replay the really shows what this little pixie does againts slower teams (it picked up all 6 koes in the battle)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-148621380

Last edited:
I'm not going to bother to see if someone else recommended this:

I'M GONNA WRECK IT (Conkeldurr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force

EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch
- Fire Punch / Ice Punch

Speed investment allows Conk to speed creep uninvested base speed 50 Pokemon, like Azumarill or Chansey. Sheer Force + Life Orb with the elemental punches allows Conkeldurr to fist his way through some of his would-be counters and leave a major dent in switchins. No longer will Mega Scizor and other bug Pokemon enjoy staying in on the muscle man.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 387-458 (95.7 - 113.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock Azumarill counters/checks Conkeldurr?? Pffff
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 187-221 (55.9 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock Brave Bird will not OHKO Conk and Drain Punch will destroy Skarmory after a Roost.
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 226-268 (53.3 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery I don't know if Drain Punch KO's if Mandy goes for Roost.
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr <any element> Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 243-287 (92.7 - 109.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock Guess Conk doesn't need Knock Off...
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 218-257 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery Fuck you Slowbro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)