UU Simple Questions Thread

No reason not to run max speed for other hax.
Yeah that is what I thought, but not only are there people not running Max/Max, the default calc also has 136 HP EVs lol. Just wondering what these bulkier spreads are for and what does Hax benefit from the bulk (if it survives Mien's HJK it could be worthy? :o)

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
you might as well go max unless you want to be slower thAn darmanitan. you definitely need 216+ for krook since its so common nowadays. and adamant is always slower than heracross so....

max/max+

Last edited by a moderator:
Durant+Dugtrio is garbage because the opponent can simply switch out after you use entrainment on them. The only way for someone to lose to that is if they stay in and let you trap them which means they probably dont know what theyre doing.
lol i think espeon is just asking about using durant and dugtrio in general and not the 'shitty lolentrainmenttrap' gimmick which can be easily seen through by anyone with some degree of competency

(and then petrico just jumps the gun smh)

i suppose durant wont mind having faster pokes that can take it out be taken care of by dugtrio as durant really wants to setup on slower teams and wreck them with hustle-boosted attacks

For my UU team I'm looking to run a Mixed Infernape. What would be good synergy for it?
Infernape switches often, so a defogger like crobat or flygon is pretty good. It hates status, so a cletic is nice

Mega amph has heal bell, and Can switch ape in safely, with a slow volt switch.

Since I still can't look at the Strat dex, could someone get me the "Agility Mega Ampharos" set please? (godamn iPad :/)
(still, might not even be on there yet...)

Since I still can't look at the Strat dex, could someone get me the "Agility Mega Ampharos" set please? (godamn iPad :/)
(still, might not even be on there yet...)
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt/Thunder

Can't you just wait till you get to your home computer or use your smartphone? One Amp build can't be that important.

Last edited:
Just wondering, how well would a scarf Galvanatula/Houndoom (regular)/Pyroar do at burning/paralyzing Haxorus (w/ unnerve)? How well would they do in the other parts of the meta?

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt/Thunder

Can't you just wait till you get to your home computer or use your smartphone? One Amp build can't be that important.
I don't have a computer. Just an IPad :(
And I seriously doubt my 3DS would load the Dex as well. Thanks for the set (again!)
Just wondering, how well would a scarf Galvanatula/Houndoom (regular)/Pyroar do at burning/paralyzing Haxorus (w/ unnerve)? How well would they do in the other parts of the meta?
Unerve Galvantula pretty much ruins it's niche of "Thunder the absolute fuck out of everything", Unerve Houndoom COULD work, wbut it'll lose Flash Fire (which is an awesome ability to have because FIRE) and as for Pyroar... Er...
Yah IDK bout Roar.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I don't have a computer. Just an IPad :(
And I seriously doubt my 3DS would load the Dex as well. Thanks for the set (again!)

Unerve Galvantula pretty much ruins it's niche of "Thunder the absolute fuck out of everything", Unerve Houndoom COULD work, wbut it'll lose Flash Fire (which is an awesome ability to have because FIRE) and as for Pyroar... Er...
Yah IDK bout Roar.
You're far too generous Scarf Houndoom with Wow is ridiculous for simply burning Haxorus and beyond the realsm of even versilify and blametruth especially considering Haxorus can still use the Lum Berry after Houndoom goes away.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
What do you guys think of Fletchinder? I love it (more than Talonflame) and I used it back in UU Beta in December, but I couldn't find an analysis for it. I hope that it is viable or I just posted suggestions of it on 5 analyses wrongly :P even though it doesn't get Brave Bird, I tend to use Acrobatics / WoW / SD / Roost with no item, and enough speed to beat Honchkrow's Sucker Punch (I can't remember what it is exactly).

The team is based around scarfed Haxorus. Level 100 Evs

Haxorus-Shiny-"Darth Vader"-Mold Breaker-Scarf-EQ, Outrage, Poison Jab, Superpower-252 Att, 252 Spe, 4 Def-Jolly

Weezing-Shiny-"ThinkItsFunny?"-Levitate-Black Sludge-WoW-Dark Pulse, Sludge Bomb, Pain Split-248 Hp, 252 Def, 8 SpD-Bold

Empoleon-Non-"YUNoRoost?"-Defiant-Leftovers-Scald, Ice Beam, Defog, Flash Cannon-248 Hp, 252 SpD, 8 Def- Calm

Hippowdon-Non-"SandyBallz"-Sand Stream-Rocky Helmet-Slack Off, EQ, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock-248 Hp, 180 Def, 80 SpD-Impish

Chandelure-Shiny-"Inferno"-Flash Fire-Focus Sash-Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, HP Fighting, Energy Ball-252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 SpD-Timid

This is where my problem is, i have mienshao currently for initiative, but i really need a bulky attacker (Fighting?) that resists dark (Knock Off) and possibly has initiative (U-Turn). Who should i choose?

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Cobalion is your answer, but you have far bigger team problems than that. I'll give you some general advice, but these threads might be more helpful.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-sharpedo-snorlax-discussion.3500340/page-52
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/uu-teambuilding.3509889/page-3#post-5563955

Some quick fix tips - Weezing isn't that great, but if you're bent on using it try flamethrower over dark pulse.
Empoleon shouldn't have three attacks - I'd replace it altogether for Mega-Blastoise in order to fill the role of hazard removal while maintaining some offensive presence. You'll retain your steel type if you add Cobalion.
Sash Chandelure isn't that good at all. Try Specs, Scarf, or LO CM / Sub.

For Cobalion, you could try a set with Swords Dance, Stone Edge / Close Combat / Iron Head or you could opt for a more utility version with Volt Switch, Taunt, Iron Head, and Close Combat. Best of luck!

KM

slayification
there are multiple pink cores

cm slowbro + defensive florges + defog mew is the old one

cm slowbro + defensive aromatisse + blissey + optionally mew is the new one

granbull + blissey + mew + cm slowbro is the one that limitless probably doesn't want you to know about

kitten ur forgetting about these two.

cm bro / mola + bliss + aroma , or cm bro + mew + bliss + gligar

both get demolished by the likes of sigilyph and reuniclus, and there are probably some other things that destroy it that i'm forgetting, but basically pink cores aren't nearly as good as they used to be.

Hey, I'm new to UU and just wondering, how important is Rapid Spin/Defog support on a team? Cause I've been seeing some teams without either.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I'm new to UU and just wondering, how important is Rapid Spin/Defog support on a team? Cause I've been seeing some teams without either.
Its not recommended unless you are a skilled player and have a team that can place enough pressure on the opponent so they don't have any free turns to set up hazards.

For example, instead of running a hazard remover, have something that puts pressure on a common setter. For the sake of simplicity, say they are using a swampert to set stealth rock. Try to get pressure it with something with a grass move to scare it out, effectively removing their chance to set up rocks.

KM

slayification
It's perfectly viable to run a team that stacks hazards that doesn't have any hazard removal of its own if you run a good spinblocker like SABLEYE Blastoise. That way, the only way to remove your hazards is for your opponent to defog, getting rid of their own hazards for you. Meru used this tactic successfully.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)