Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of Meloetta (who got paired up with Keldeo's movie in a short), event legendaries are staggered by a year at a time.
By virtue of this they're almost always going to be revealed prior to a game, but the scheduling means we can get cases like now where we still need 2 of them before ORAS
eg: Manaphy had to be prior to DP, Darkrai before Platinum, Shaymin JUST before Platinum, Arceus before HGSS

So while I wouldn't be surprised if they had their own events (eg: if you took your Arceus to various places in Sinnoh you got backstory, if you took it to the unown ruins you got that special event), I doubt they'll be exclusive to any given game.
Not that it really matters, it's not like they do old-fashioned events anymore.
While events may not be exclusive to ORAS in the sense that there is content involving the event Pokemon and they can be traded to other games in said gen, There have been some events, in the past (American releases of Genesect for example), that exclude earlier versions of the generation in terms of distribution. As in, Yeah we're giving out Volcanion, but you can only download it on ORAS so sucks for you people who only bought XY. Typically events seem to be made available to all games in the current gen though.

If anything, I'd be all for a Jirachi and Deoxys event leading up to ORAS as I have technically "completed" the pokedex in Y barring Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, and Meloetta. Isn't there an upcoming Diancie event as well?
R_N is right about the historical pattern of distributing new events, but we get repeat events in between at all kinds of random times. So your hopes may be fulfilled. Deoxys is actually one of the more recent guys to get a repeat event (although Japan is getting a shiny Jirachi event right now) but I think we can expect a US Jirachi event sometimes soon too, as it's been quite awhile since we got one here, Japan just got one, and Jirachi's gen is getting remade.

Diancie's event begins in less than 3 days (especially factoring in time zones) it starts on the 19th but I was under the impression that for now it is a Japan only thing that coincides with buying a movie ticket to see Diancie's motion picture.

If anything, I'd be all for a Jirachi and Deoxys event leading up to ORAS as I have technically "completed" the pokedex in Y barring Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, and Meloetta. Isn't there an upcoming Diancie event as well?
Yes.
Kind of has a movie coming out and a mega in ORAS and all

I could see them doing an Eon Ticket event starting the day of ORAS release, followed by an Aurora or Mystic Ticket event at 6 months before Volcanion's movie.

This is all assuming that those locations are even present, of course. In fact, they could always pull a classic Nintendo and do Mystic Ticket for one version and Aurora for the other, then you have to mix records or the equivalent with someone who has the other game and ticket.

It balances out because although Naval Rock features 2 legends to Birth Island's 1, Deoxys is essentially 4 pokemon.

I could see them doing an Eon Ticket event starting the day of ORAS release, followed by an Aurora or Mystic Ticket event at 6 months before Volcanion's movie.

This is all assuming that those locations are even present, of course. In fact, they could always pull a classic Nintendo and do Mystic Ticket for one version and Aurora for the other, then you have to mix records or the equivalent with someone who has the other game and ticket.

It balances out because although Naval Rock features 2 legends to Birth Island's 1, Deoxys is essentially 4 pokemon.
Even if you, for some reason, really do count Deoxys as 4 pokemon wouldn't that just unbalance it in the other way?

I think putting Lugia on AS and Ho-Oh on OR sounds more like Game Freak. And pleade, TF; DON'T MAKE THEM SHINY LOCKED FOR HOLLY F*UCK'S SAKE. I want my Primal Groudon to shine as much as the sun it summons, and with my DS Lite broken I can't get a Groudon of my own :c

>thinking shiny legends look cool
lel
>Denying me cuddly Kyogre and Gorgeous Giratina

I hope that southern island returns. It's less of a stretch than Navel Rock/Faraway/Birth (Although I'd love all of the above) since it was actually a location in RS as opposed to the rest being in Emerald. With Lati megas, it might be possible that Game Freak will eliminate Soul Dew. But hopefully not, because that's too nice of an item name <3

I wonder if Mirage Island will make a return. It would be interesting to see how the new graphics depict it.

I just hope that all the islands from Emerald are in ORAS without any of them being distributed.
I could see Eon Island being accessible, but instead of being where you would get the other lati, it would be where you chase down the lati of your version and where you'd grab your lati@site

Birth Island & Faraway Island? not a chance

Maaaaaybe Naval Island? Not like Lugia & Ho-oh are events anymore and i'm sure you could have something in place to prevent you from going top to bottom on go one

>thinking shiny legends look cool
lel
I've got your back on this one Kurona. Obviously it's subjective but I never thought it was "cool" to be like "Oh this Dragon that already had good colors is now black."... dark and gritty =/= cool imo. but that's just mo. Even by that typical standard of cool though, I feel like the 85 to 90% of Pokemon look worse shiny. They just turn awkward shades of green or pink or purple that don't match them, it's mostly the ones that turn Gold or Silver that are actually cool.

Plus ALL the cool factor of shinies is ruined by the existence of cheating. Even when I have the 6 or 7 legit shinies I have it's not like it means anything because for all you guys or anyone else knows I may as well have cheated them. I can't prove you wrong. The whole shiny value thing wasn't cheating technically but it still devalues them too. If everyone gets them easy why are they a big deal? So the same goes for your legendaries. If you actually do think Black Rayquaza is cool then why would you want it to be so easy for everyone to get? It's like when we were all kids and someones was like "check it out I have a Red Gyarados" and you were like "oooOOOoooh , whatever, big deal, I have 2" It makes the whole thing so much less special... :/
(by the way my main beef with Charizard X is that he's colored like a shiny typical Charizard, basically totally devaluing what was supposed to be rare.....if you liked Black Charizard now everyone can have it with a simple common hold item, basically no vaue.... not that it had much value to begin with though...)

So anyways... yeah.... no shiny locks please... lol

I don't think in game Legendaries have ever been shiny locked before though. Very few things in game have ever been shiny locked. Gyarados, Haxorus, and those give away Gible/ Dratini are the only one's I can think of off hand without looking stuff up...

I've got your back on this one Kurona. Obviously it's subjective but I never thought it was "cool" to be like "Oh this Dragon that already had good colors is now black."... dark and gritty =/= cool imo. but that's just mo. Even by that typical standard of cool though, I feel like the 85 to 90% of Pokemon look worse shiny. They just turn awkward shades of green or pink or purple that don't match them, it's mostly the ones that turn Gold or Silver that are actually cool.

Plus ALL the cool factor of shinies is ruined by the existence of cheating. Even when I have the 6 or 7 legit shinies I have it's not like it means anything because for all you guys or anyone else knows I may as well have cheated them. I can't prove you wrong. The whole shiny value thing wasn't cheating technically but it still devalues them too. If everyone gets them easy why are they a big deal? So the same goes for your legendaries. If you actually do think Black Rayquaza is cool then why would you want it to be so easy for everyone to get? It's like when we were all kids and someones was like "check it out I have a Red Gyarados" and you were like "oooOOOoooh , whatever, big deal, I have 2" It makes the whole thing so much less special... :/
(by the way my main beef with Charizard X is that he's colored like a shiny typical Charizard, basically totally devaluing what was supposed to be rare.....if you liked Black Charizard now everyone can have it with a simple common hold item, basically no vaue.... not that it had much value to begin with though...)

So anyways... yeah.... no shiny locks please... lol

I don't think in game Legendaries have ever been shiny locked before though. Very few things in game have ever been shiny locked. Gyarados, Haxorus, and those give away Gible/ Dratini are the only one's I can think of off hand without looking stuff up...
Doesn't shiny lock refer to the pokemon being locked from being shiny? I'm tired an probably misunderstanding stuff.

Doesn't shiny lock refer to the pokemon being locked from being shiny? I'm tired an probably misunderstanding stuff.
Nah, nah, you're absolutely right. Off the top of my head, Celebi, Arceus, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygard, Victini, Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem are all shinylocked.

Kyurem is not, you can get it shiny in BW.
Yeah, just looked up the list, turns out you're absolutely right. Turns out Keldeo, Meloetta and Diancie are all shinylocked too, and since it seems all events will be shinylocked, it's impossible to get a shiny gen 6 legend.

I feel like the 85-90% of Pokemon look worse shiny. They just turn awkward shades of green or pink or purple that don't match them.
Agreed. Personally i think the person responsible for choosing shiny palettes is colour blind. Totally sick of pink/green/purple & even (light)blue shinies! Just why exactly is shiny rayquaza black? Wouldn't it be better as sky blue with white patches for example? If anyone should be black, it's kyogre.

Agreed. Personally i think the person responsible for choosing shiny palettes is colour blind. Totally sick of pink/green/purple & even (light)blue shinies! Just why exactly is shiny rayquaza black? Wouldn't it be better as sky blue with white patches for example? If anyone should be black, it's kyogre.
Some shinies are cleverly chosen. Sableye's shiny colouration, for instance, is based off of one of the reported colourations of the Hopkinsville Goblin, which it's originally based on.
I hope Shiny Mega Sableye keeps the same colours...

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shinies dont make sense, mega gengar's shiny is cool af, but regular gengar's shiny has little difference to its non shiny form.

They wont shiny lock groudon/kyogre because they didnt do it in gen3 and will encourage people to want shiny forms, they know people will just hack to get them because it is 1/8000 chance (or whatever) and they dont have guaranteed 3 perfect iv's.

They're not gonna isntantly bring out lugia and ho-oh, the only reasons why they did this in gen3 was because they would be inaccessible because you cannot trade from gen2-3. But they did bring back Mewtwo and the birds so there might be a cycle of legendaries, i really want a mew o3o.

Im also looking forward to a possible safari zone, why did they take it out? Just because there werent enough pokes to do it with in bw?

Im also looking forward to a possible safari zone, why did they take it out? Just because there werent enough pokes to do it with in bw?
Considering how convenient and easier they've been making the games - which has been both good and bad depending on what you look at - my main theory is that it was considered too hard.
And to be quite honest the safari zone was always really fucking annoying to me

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Considering how convenient and easier they've been making the games - which has been both good and bad depending on what you look at - my main theory is that it was considered too hard.
And to be quite honest the safari zone was always really fucking annoying to me
In ruby and Sapphire it had no plot significance but it was fun and had nice coloured balls.
I prefer the one in red because it had a challenge and stuff like tauros and chansey where only there and hard to capture unlike phanphy and pinsir. I remember as i kid seeing a scyther and thought it was practically a legendary as i had never seen one before (i would have gone through the zone a lot because my friend said you could get pinsirs there - i had red), and i got really said when it ran away. I then saw it surfing near cinnibar island (didnt know of the glitch either), caught it and another friend said you either get pinsir or scyther depending on the game.

The great marsh wasnt that good because of all the 'daily pokemon' bs. All i wanted was scoropi ;;;;.

I'm plannig to buy Alpha Sapphire because of Kyogre and other version exclusives but it's hard to make a full Hoenn Pokédex team, i hope they add some Pokémon from other generations as well. I don't think they did that in the previous remakes.

oh, well I assumed that term incorrectly, but whatever the term is for making the Pokemon always shiny.... that's what I meant.

EDIT: I think part of why I was confused was someone was calling for no shiny locks on Kyogre and Groudon. Which wouldn't make sense since you can already get them shiny. I thought they were saying it because they wanted their guys to "really shine" as in actually be unique from everyone else's Kyogre and Groudon (cause it sounded like they already had shinies of them, to me, I guess.....)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)