League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Of course NA goes down when I need 1 more win to get to B1....

Might as well use this time however, any tips for playing support Lulu/Thresh vs lanes like Morgana? :|

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Wait for her to use her black shield before you start wasting cc. If you manage to hook even when she black shields and if you can make a play, fly in and wait for the shield to pop/disappear, then flay.

When playing Lulu, just pray she doesn't dark bind you and if she black shields herself the turn the enemy adc into a squirrel. If she black shields the adc, then turn her into a squirrel. I like to rush Talisman on Lulu support after Sightstone, so if you can do that vs morg, it's better than Frost Queen. Reason for this is that as soon as Morg uses her ult, you can use Talisman to disengage and to gain enough distance to break the chains so she doesn't stun.

Ultimately, try to avoid her darkbinding, as it allows her ADC to auto you. You can still cast spells if you do get binded, so if there's anyway you can keep the ADC from dealing damage to you/your ADC during this time period, take advantage of that (i.e. counter their trade).

I haven't played the matchup much, but I think if you're playing Thresh support, you technically have a better advantage. Lulu support, not so much. Also don't ult as Lulu if the person closest to yourself/teammates is blackshielded (if you wanna peel).

I just had to restore my computer back to a few days ago because I got a virus, and league won't load now, even though everything else is running perfectly as it was before. I click on the icon, the league of legends banner thing shows up, and then it disappears. Does anyone know why this might be?

top gragas is an interesting thing because it can do soo o o o many different builds, and even has two different skill paths. Maxing w first makes you hurt like a bitch while maxing q makes you waveclear like a bitch. You can go full AP, full tank, ap tankish shit. full ap and tanky ap are prob the best, but like I said they're both situational so do what u want really. You can build anything on the fat fuck and it'd be good

Lavos

Banned deucer.
like I said I've been spamming gragas in solo q and I really like rushing rod of ages and then transitioning into tanky HP/CDR items since they synergize extremely well with his passive heal. I feel like being able to spam your 4sec cd stun in teamfights is really important and you need to not die while doing so. even if you build full ap on gragas he still does shit for damage with his barrels.

today we saw NJWS Save build lich bane -> void staff -> deathcap on top lane gragas though. and that worked out pretty well for him so I'll try it later.

yeah it was probably the most misguided change I've ever seen since I started playing this game, they buffed the strongest adc -_______________________________________________-

Also gonna add to the gragas discussion that I think Rod of Ages is a terribly item on all champions other than ryze swain anivia and kassadin. Please stop building this fucking item.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i swear to god new lucian is broken as hell, who gives a fuck about 50 less range when you have a dash with effective 3 sec cd that removes all slows

blingas should i stop building rod on karthus and just rush seraphs then?

Also gonna add to the gragas discussion that I think Rod of Ages is a terribly item on all champions other than ryze swain anivia and kassadin. Please stop building this fucking item.
Why is this the case for people building tanky APs? RoA is one of the most cost efficient items in the game. I've never been a big fan of it because I've always felt weak early game while rushing the Catalyst, but it's a perfect fit for the new Gragas imo.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Rushing ROA delays any early damage spike you might get from other items, and while it's cost efficient it's really only useful if your champion needs the HP (Gragas, Kassadin) or mana (Ryze, Swain, Anivia, Kassadin). Most mid champs value pure AP a lot more than those stats.

That being said it's one of my favorite items in the game and I build it even when I shouldn't.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I find the only real AP item tankier Gragas ever needs is something like Liandry's. I've been really loving that item because it does help the barrels with their rather mediocre damage. Nevermind the double damage also applies from Gragas's other two abilities - ult and E lol.

I never really know what to build on him though because like BLINGAS said he has so many potential build paths it is ridiculous. Hell I'll admit when I jungled him in norms I've mixed up between heftier tank with Liandry's or more damage with Liandry's / Void / Deathcap or some shit. I just wish I had a little more success with jungle Gragas in ranked because he is really fun to play and I've even enjoyed him in laning too.

Out of curiosity has anyone built DFG on him recently? He still seems to do -just- enough burst (esp. with ult) to make decent use of it but I've not really tried it myself.

=====

Also RoA - I admit I build it on Karthus too. Though lately I've just wanted to go from tear to something else because RoA sets you so far back earlygame when you could potentially be crushing the laners even more. Ah well.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I did DFG/Lich Bane stealth assassin Gragas once. It was hilarious and moderately effective, though I wouldn't do it in ranked.

RoA is extremely cost effective and gives a balance of bulk / sustain / damage that's really nice to have

catalyst into roa in lane is one of the major reasons why gragas can shove renekton / shyvana out of lane and doesn't get bullied out by kayle / lulu / whatnot

like in LCS we've seen a lot of gragas vs. renekton lately and it almost always ends in the gragas bullying the renekton out of lane in these bruiser fights and one of the big reasons why is because of RoA's sustain and bulk

it also leaves you with enough damage that you're very strong roughly when second dragon spawns (in competitive matches at least) by about 18-19 minutes

for someone like gragas who's a tanky AP bruiser (usually) or even karthus who wants to survive long enough to get into the backline, roa is quite good

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
On a totally unrelated note:

How many people would be interested in doing a mini tourney or maybe doing an inhouse or three?

This is, of course, mostly concerning the NA peeps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)