Battle of Legends

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
There is no reason to run kyube over zekrom btw. Kyurem's inferior to zekrom in pretty much every way in terms of movepool, stat distribution and typing.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There is no reason to run kyube over zekrom btw. Kyurem's inferior to zekrom in pretty much every way in terms of movepool, stat distribution and typing.
Zekrom is walled by Groudon, ties with the rest of the base 90 group with little flexibility as far as EVing goes and doesn't break many extra important threats since Outrage is not viable in doubles.

I'd really like people to be more specific with what they think makes whatever better than my suggestion instead of one-liners knocking the idea. It's a pet peeve when you claim "movepool, stat distribution, and typing" are better without providing context within the meta. I provided calcs and more justification and you're just posting "matter-of-fact" without any elaboration. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me but not when my carefully constructed posts are dismissed by silly one-liners.

Last edited:
What is a solid counter to Kyogre as I'm sure there will be lots of him?
Also, I have decided on my Darkrai set and it will be as follows:
Darkrai @ Wide Lens
Timid Nature
-Dark Void
-Focus Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Protect

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Zekrom is walled by Groudon, ties with the rest of the base 90 group with little flexibility as far as EVing goes and doesn't break many extra important threats since Outrage is not viable in doubles.

I'd really like people to be more specific with what they think makes whatever better than my suggestion instead of one-liners knocking the idea. It's a pet peeve when you claim "movepool, stat distribution, and typing" are better without providing context within the meta. I provided calcs and more justification and you're just posting "matter-of-fact" without any elaboration.
4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 234-277 (68.6 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

???????????????????????????????????????

and with your logic, every base 90 is bad because they all share a speed tier which is a laughable concept just fyi.

Zekrom has bolt strike/tailwind/volt switch/some dragon move here while possessing a non shitty offensive and defensive typing and elec/dragon hits pretty much everything relevant bar fairyceus/ferrothorn both of which aren't really viable in the current battle spot. Kyube has essentially nothing in comparison. Kyu-w is more fair but eh, lack of defensive synergy + team support is what really kills it.

inb4teamsupportmeanshit.

what are these "important" threats that krom fails to break that kyube/kyu-w can? just wondering. Absolutely zero intimidators can switch in on it and fairyceus/ferrothorn aren't exactly the most viable mons.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
If this metagame allowed for a full team of 6 uber legendaries, I would agree that support!zekrom with tailwind would be a good idea, because there would be 3 other pokemon worth supporting if zekrom goes down while setting up. However, since we're only allowed 2 such titans, I would be more interested in nuking things with zek than risk damage/OHKO on it setting up tailwind, since the other teammates (besides the other uber legendary) aren't going to be a strong as zek is.

tl;dr I'd much prefer running protect on zekrom and plopping aerodactyl or talonflame next to it to set up tailwind. Zek is my nuke (and I only get 2 in this metagame). I'd let some other 'mon do the support.

---

Age of Kings Hi! I've been testing my team a bit on PS, and I just wanted to let you know that while Kyu-B is a very potent mixed nuke, it is frail with a defense reducing nature (I wanted to leave both attack stats unhindered to ensure max damage). Might just be because I'm an average player, though. I'll continue tweaking the nature/EVs and let you (and anybody else that bothers reading my posts, lol) know what solution I come up with. :)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 234-277 (68.6 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

???????????????????????????????????????
0 HP / 0 SpD Groudon is not realistic. At all.

4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 234-277 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

is a more accurate calc. However, possible OHKO vs spending your nuke on a 2HKO is preferable.

and with your logic, every base 90 is bad because they all share a speed tier which is a laughable concept just fyi.
Don't put words into my mouth because that's not what I said at all. Kyurem having a better speed tier does not mean that being base 90 is bad. It is, however, a benefit that Kyurem possesses as a plus. Being able to act first benefits it in a lot of matchups.

Zekrom has bolt strike/tailwind/volt switch/some dragon move here while possessing a non shitty offensive and defensive typing and elec/dragon hits pretty much everything relevant bar fairyceus/ferrothorn both of which aren't really viable in the current battle spot. Kyube has essentially nothing in comparison. Kyu-w is more fair but eh, lack of defensive synergy + team support is what really kills it.

inb4teamsupportmeanshit.
I've played doubles before and I'm not stupid. Team support does mean a lot, and in fact I acknowledged that if you want Tailwind you should run Zekrom. However, team support is not objectively better than a mixed attacker. If you're going to argue on grounds of team support, then yes, Zekrom is better than Kyurem-B. Objectively better overall? That's getting into apples and oranges territory.

Ice STAB is better than Electric since a good amount of the tier resists Electric (why would you run Volt Switch??) but you can run without it and have Draco Meteor / Dragon Claw on the same set to be more versatile (Kyu-B is also stronger on the physical end). You are overstating how "shitty" Ice is in doubles because yes, Zekrom isn't weak to Fighting and Steel but it still shares many checks.

Ferrothorn isn't viable in a tier sure to be littered with Kanga and common resistances? Fairyceus isn't viable when Xerneas is slower, less bulky, and in a far riskier environment to get Geomancy off? In fact the only thing it has over Arceus is pure power, you yourself said that team support is great to have which Arceus has in spades over Xern.

what are these "important" threats that krom fails to break that kyube/kyu-w can? just wondering. Absolutely zero intimidators can switch in on it and fairyceus/ferrothorn aren't exactly the most viable mons.
Groudon, outrunning the base 90 tier with the exception of Scarf Kyogre (or Scarf whatever) but it resists every single move of the former & OHKOing nearly all but Dialga & Giratina (but Zekrom can't either). You have also sidestepped my own, similar question to you.

Btw, Landorus-T doesn't give a shit about anything Zekrom does except for D-Meteor in counterance to your claim that "zero intimidators can switch in on it".

By the way, acting with veiled condensation for the crimes of suggesting something you don't like (is it the stigma of being "OU"?) and asking you to elaborate on your posts doesn't help your argument.

Age of Kings Hi! I've been testing my team a bit on PS, and I just wanted to let you know that while Kyu-B is a very potent mixed nuke, it is frail with a defense reducing nature (I wanted to leave both attack stats unhindered to ensure max damage). Might just be because I'm an average player, though. I'll continue tweaking the nature/EVs and let you (and anybody else that bothers reading my posts, lol) know what solution I come up with. :)
Yeah, if its frailty is a downside, then definitely replace it. It definitely needs support.....how good are screens/prankster users in this meta? idk. I'm glad you're giving it a chance though.

Are there any other viable ways to counter Darkrai's Dark Voids aside from Safeguard? I feel like a Prankster Thundurus would work well here, as Taunt shuts down Darkrai and Kyogre at the same time.

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 343-406 (100.2 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(343, 346, 351, 354, 359, 361, 367, 369, 374, 377, 382, 385, 390, 393, 398, 406)

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Is Battle of Legends all legendary or not?
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/09fbce42-43ce-4192-a2f7-093f89cbb066

Players may use any Pokémon from the National Pokédex. However, only up to two of the following Pokémon may be registered to the Battle Box: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde.
tl;dr You may bring 2 ubers legendaries. Legendaries not on the above list, like landorus and zapdos, can also be used, and don't count as one of your 2 ubers.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Laurel, where did Age of Kings imply that Groudon was anything but 90 speed? The only point were Groudon is mentioned in their post is part of a list of things that Kyu-B handles better than Zekrom on account of having 95 base speed.

Hey guys, i was lurking the thread, but I can't stop myself from posting the team who I was testing in PS. Oh, and I'm relatively new.
I got 1324 points in the ladder. (15-1)
What do you think?
Arceus @ Choice Band
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Force
- Earthquake
- Trick

Juan (Ludicolo) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 132 Def / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Wide Guard

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Thunder
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
My only lost 'till the moment was against Shedinja, so that's the main reason for the HP Flying and Flamethrower.
Also Talonflame + Darkrai is a nightmare.
Any advice? I based this team in the who I used in a Premier Challenge in my country but adapted it to Ubers. (It's the R_Justice team)

Laurel, where did Age of Kings imply that Groudon was anything but 90 speed? The only point were Groudon is mentioned in their post is part of a list of things that Kyu-B handles better than Zekrom on account of having 95 base speed.
"Groudon, outrunning the base 90 tier with the exception of Scarf Kyogre (or Scarf whatever) but it resists every single move of the former & OHKOing nearly all but Dialga & Giratina (but Zekrom can't either). You have also sidestepped my own, similar question to you."

Hey guys, i was lurking the thread, but I can't stop myself from posting the team who I was testing in PS. Oh, and I'm relatively new.
I got 1324 points in the ladder. (15-1)
What do you think?

My only lost 'till the moment was against Shedinja, so that's the main reason for the HP Flying and Flamethrower.
Also Talonflame + Darkrai is a nightmare.
Any advice? I based this team in the who I used in a Premier Challenge in my country but adapted it to Ubers. (It's the R_Justice team)
Looks like a team I came up with, except the Mega Manectric. Mind telling me how he functions? Also, aside from Arceus's Earthquake there is a lack of ways to deal with Zekrom. Have you had any problems with it?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
"Groudon, outrunning the base 90 tier with the exception of Scarf Kyogre (or Scarf whatever) but it resists every single move of the former & OHKOing nearly all but Dialga & Giratina (but Zekrom can't either). You have also sidestepped my own, similar question to you."
You realize the second part is still on the topic of what Kyurem does and Zekrom doesn't, right? That being said, this will be the last post I will be making to smartasses.

Looks like a team I came up with, except the Mega Manectric. Mind telling me how he functions? Also, aside from Arceus's Earthquake there is a lack of ways to deal with Zekrom. Have you had any problems with it?
I haven't seen any Zekrom in the ladder, probably they haven't realized yet that it's a great Pokémon.
My way to deal with it, though, it's double targetting him (if it's the first turn, Fake Out with Ludicolo)

176+ SpA Ludicolo Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Zekrom: 174-206 (43 - 50.9%) --
252+ SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Zekrom in Rain: 186-220 (46 - 54.4%)
The team is simply to use, it's based in the raw power of the Water Spout from Kyogre, and the great force to be reckoned who is Ludicolo under the rain.
Manectric prevent Kyogre from being paralyzed (Lightningrod), Thundurus protect from Prankster users and Dark Void (unless it's Whimsicott)
I chose Physical Wide Guard Aegislash because I'm a little bit worried from Xerneas and opposing Kyogre Water Spout, also from EQ from Groudon.
Extreme Killer Arceus it's a better Mega Kangaskhan and if theres no resists from the opposing team, it's difficult to stop him from his rampage.

But, i feel that I can change any member if I want... (Probably Mega Manectric, originally i had a Mega Mawile in that spot)

I'm curious, what Arceus formes have you seen? I was considering Normal and Ghost considering how large of threats they are.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I'm curious, what Arceus formes have you seen? I was considering Normal and Ghost considering how large of threats they are.
I've seen loads of normal and 1 dark

What does fairyceus have over xerneas besides more balk and a bigger movepool? If you paired xern with something that let it set up easily, wouldn't it be a lot better?

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I pulled together my team finally and I need to check that it isn't shit. Anyone up for some test matches on the cartridges? My FC and things are over here so hmu ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)