Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.... Watchog is sooooo low (in stats) that it does need an amazing ability. Something flavor wise as well. Look at its eyes. Thats where its new abilty should be from!
Does this work? (I dont think its OP as its stats will still be low!)

Ability Crazy Eyes: When the pokemon comes out on the field (or mega evolve) causes opponent to flinch for the turn. (ability activates like intimidate, but instead of dropped atk stat, causes 1 turn to flinch).

With this somebody can set up Confuse Ray, Use Super Fang (takes out half damage) or anything else. More useful when your pokemon is knocked out and you switch into mega watchog!
That was actually going to be my ability for Mega Liepard! Well, not the same name of course (still trying to find a good one. Guerrilla?) but I thought that giving its attacks a 100% flinch chance on the first turn would go well with its reputation as a dirty fighter. As a pretty crazy coincidence, Fake Out's Japanese name literally translates to "cat deception," and that perfectly describes Liepard.

Since Watchog has that worker design and the little construction vest, my ability for it's called Overtime. After Watchog's been on the field for a certain number of turns, its Attack, Special Attack and Speed stats double (not +2, but the Unburden type of doubling). Kind of going back and forth on what the right number of turns to wait would be to make it a high-risk, high-reward strategy that isn't cheesy or just straight-up bad - maybe after 3 turns on the field, but I'm open to suggestions.

2 turns would just be "come in on something that's slow/weakened, use an attack, then use Protect next turn for basically a White Herb Shell Smash," while 5 turns is too long for Regigigas to have to stall, and Mega Watchog's defenses will be nowhere close to that.

Last edited:
That was actually going to be my ability for Mega Liepard! Well, not the same name of course (still trying to find a good one. Guerrilla?) but I thought that giving its attacks a 100% flinch chance on the first turn would go well with its reputation as a dirty fighter. As a pretty crazy coincidence, Fake Out's Japanese name literally translates to "cat deception," and that perfectly describes Liepard.

Since Watchog has that worker design and the little construction vest, my ability for it's called Overtime. After Watchog's been on the field for a certain number of turns, its Attack, Special Attack and Speed stats double (not +2, but the Unburden type of doubling). Kind of going back and forth on what the right number of turns to wait would be to make it a high-risk, high-reward strategy that isn't cheesy or just straight-up bad - maybe after 3 turns on the field, but I'm open to suggestions.

2 turns would just be "come in on something that's slow/weakened, use an attack, then use Protect next turn for basically a White Herb Shell Smash," while 5 turns is too long for Regigigas to have to stall, and Mega Watchog's defenses will be nowhere close to that.
I like the ability for Liepard, it works well flavor wise too! You want to use it as an atk (for first turn 100% flinch) which wont be op.
As for Stoutland, it definitely be a unique ability. It activating at the end of the 2nd/3rd turn might not be OP imo. Its ability is practically Unburden+Huge Power (including SP Atk). If you can stall long enough, being Badly Poisoned would be a nightmare :'(

I kinda want to make Normal/Ghost Watchog. Look, that thing is scary as hell! And it helps with stats so terrible to have four resistances (better, two are immunities to Ghost and Fighting) and only one weakness.
I always wanted a Normal/Ghost! That typing is amazing! Would make such a forgetable (or a nuisance) pokemon be popular, at least in Competitive play!

I might add the typing with the ability Crazy Eyes(was going to suggest just Normal typing). I think that would make it very good in the Meta now :)

Just something I nitpicked about the google doc of the final draft. I noticed that Swampert's and Sceptile's mega are not updated yet. As if, Technician is on M.Sceptile's ability. It should be lightning rod. Swampert's mega ain't listed yet at all. Only so far, metagross is listed.

As for Emboar, we need to keep in mind his Luchadore theme while making his mega

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry for being so late (I blame my shity alarm) but here are the results

Cresselia: Wiwaxia
Mega Cresselia
Psychic --> Psychic
Levitate --> Sweet Dreams (recovers 1/8 of its max HP every turn that it is asleep)
120/70/120/75/130/85 --> 120/90(+20)/130(+10)/105(+30)/150(+20)/105(+20)

Pretty self explanatory, I think. I'm not really seeing the fairy typing here, beyond maybe moon associations, and this thing looks bulky enough as it is without a better defensive typing.

I am not 100% up on my competitive pokemon, so feedback would be appreciated.

Phione: IcyMan28 (His was not added to the slate because somebody forgot to add it, but I counted it anyways since it was submitted on time)
Mega Phione
Water -> Water
Hydration -> Unaware
80 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 80 (480 BST) -> 80 / 90 (+10) / 125 (+45) / 100 (+20) / 125 (+45) / 60 (-20) (580 BST)
New Moves: Slack Off, Yawn

All of Phione's dex entries make mention of how it casually drifts about in warm seas, not a care in the world. This is the basis for its Slack Off and Yawn attacks, while the addition of Unaware and a more defensive stat spread distinguishes it from Manaphy.

Shaymin: GG Unit
Mega Shaymin
Typing: Grass -> Grass
Ability: Natural Cure -> Purify (any Poison-type attack used on it- including coming in on Toxic Spikes - is rendered ineffective and boosts Mega Shaymin's Grass attacks by 50%. Basically Flash Fire with Poison->Grass instead of Fire->Fire)
New Moves: Weather Ball, Defog
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 -> 100/110 (+10) /130 (+30) /120 (+20) /135 (+35) /105 (+5)

Between the defensive boosts and turning a weakness into an immunity, Shaymin becomes that much more tanky and that much more able to wear you down with repeated Seed Flares and/or Leech Seed or serve as a bulky cleric that doesn't easily give up momentum.

Flavor-wise, it fits with the Pokedex and anime stuff about Shaymin being able to absorb toxins and transform them into lush fields of flowers

Victini: GG Unit
Mega Victini
Typing: Fire/Psychic -> Fire/Psychic
Ability: Victory Star -> Victory SuperStar (accuracy buff now 20%)
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 -> 100/125 (+25) /110 (+10) /125 (+25) /110 (+10) /130 (+30)
New Moves: Calm Mind

This Mega Evolution is one last trick Victini can pull out to grab a win for its trainer. As Mega Evolutions are all about turning the tide of the battle, the Victory Pokemon - like the greatest competitors in other arenas - achieves an even deeper level of focus when the pressure's on. Amidst the chaos, everything starts to slow down for Mega Victini and its already preternatural ability to anticipate its opponent's movements is augmented further.

Victini's first turn on the field is sure to to be a pivotal moment in the battle as your opponent must solve the mind game of whether to expect a Choice Banded or Trick Room V-Create spammer or a speedy Mega-Victini that might Calm Mind up and start firing off 100% accurate Blue Flares along with 85% accurate Thunders/Focus Blasts.

This post starts the submission period for Emboar, Liepard, Stoutland, and Watchog

Emboar

Fire/Fighting → Fire/Fighting

Blaze/Reckless(hidden) → Hustle

110/123/65/100/65/65 (528) → 110/160(+37)/89(+24)/119(+19)/85(+20)/65 (628)

M-Emboar becomes an incredibly fierce physical attacker. With base 160 attack amplified by Hustle's 50% boost means few things will be able to stand in its way. The drawback is Hustle's 20% accuracy loss which compounds Emboar's reliance on recoil moves, mediocre defenses and low speed means it's not particularly difficult to actually take out

Watchog

Normal → Normal

Illuminate/Keen Eye/Analytic(hidden) → Huge Power

60/85/69/60/69/77 (420) –> 60/100(+15)/90(+21)/80(+20)/90(+21)/100(+23) (520)

+Drain Punch

Watchog becomes semi-powerful due to Huge Power. Normal typing still sucks though.

Stoutland

Normal → Normal/Ice

Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy(hidden) → Snow Cloak

85/110/90/45/90/80 → 85/135(+25)/110(+20)/60(+15)/110(+20)/100(+20)

+Ice Shard, Icicle Crash

Stoutland are said to rescue people from the mountains and are protected from snowstorms by their fur, thus the secondary Ice typing and Snow Cloak as an ability.

Liepard

Dark → Dark

Limber/Unburden/Prankster (Hidden) → Prankster

64/88/50/88/50/106 (446) → 64/115(+27)/65(+15)/100(+12)/70(+20)/132(+26) (546)

In addition to the annoyance that is Prankster, Liepard becomes a semi-decent offensive threat though it's still incredibly frail.

Emboar (Emboarite)
Type: Fire/Fighting -> Fire/Fighting
Abilities: Blaze (Reckless) -> Rock Head
New Moves: Circle Throw, Submission, Slack Off

HP: 110 -> 110
Atk: 123 -> 143 (+20)
Def: 65 -> 95 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 100
SpD: 65 -> 95 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 85 (+20)
BST: 528 -> 628

Emphasizing the wrestling/general fighting theme, Emboar gains Circle Throw which functions as a reliable phazing move, and Submission which isn't great but is pretty fitting. Rock Head works with its bulk in contrast to Reckless. Its speed is just enough to beat some tanks and walls, and Flame Charge/Sticky Web are great for it.

Watchog (Watchogite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Ghost
Abilities: Illuminate, Keen Eye (Analytic) -> Frisk
New Moves: Glare, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak

HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Def: 69 -> 90 (+21)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 69 -> 90 (+21)
Spe: 77 -> 110 (+33)
BST: 420 -> 520

Unique typing with one weakness, great speed, a useful ability and STAB priority. All this mitigates Watchog's poor stats and gives it a niche of sorts.

Stoutland (Stoutlandite)
Type: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate, Sand Rush (Scrappy) -> Guts
New Moves: Double-Edge, Earthquake

HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Def: 90 -> 115 (+25)
SpA: 45 -> 45
SpD: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Spe: 80 -> 90 (+10)
BST: 500 -> 600

Not much to say here. Better all around stats, new moves, great ability.

Liepard (Liepardite)
Type: Dark -> Dark
Abilities: Limber, Unburden (Prankster) -> Sneaky (Dark-type attacks gain +1 priority. Even Sucker Punch, which goes up to +2)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Thunderbolt

HP: 64 -> 64
Atk: 88 -> 113 (+25)
Def: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpA: 88 -> 113 (+25)
SpD: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Spe: 106 -> 136 (+30)
BST: 446 -> 546

Set up with Prankster, whether SD or NP, and sweep.

Last edited:
Mega Stoutland

Normal ---> Normal
Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy ---> Overcoat
(was thinking Fur Coat, but Intimidate into Fur Coat would just be a massive middle finger to just about every physical attacker).
85/110/90/45/90/80 ---> 85/130/115/45/120/105
New Moves: Waterfall

Just got back from a holiday so I'm too tired to do the whole slate but I've owned a couple Schnauzers in the past so felt that I had to Stoutland.

Overcoat because look at that things coat. Also makes sense as it says it rescues people from blizzards and it has Sand Rush so I'm assuming it rescues people from sand storms as well. Sandstorm and Hail immunity is just a nice thing to have on a bulky attacker who lacks reliable recovery and can therefore be warn down easily.
Waterfall I don't really see as too much of a stretch as it also says Stoutland rescues people from the sea.
(is there anywhere the dog can't rescue people from?) The reason I wanted to add it was so that Stoutland could abuse Overcoat further by taking on Hippodon and Tyranitar.
As for the Spread I just figured that Stoutland looked far to big and fluffy to not have some better defensive stats, so I fixed that.
(He looks like a freaking Walrein!)

Mega Emboar
Typing: Fire/Fighting ----> Fire/Fighting
Abilities: Blaze/Rekless ----> Flame Fist (All Punch moves have an additional 25% chance of inflicting burn, and receive a 20% boost in power)
BST: 110/123/65/100/65/65 ----> 110/143/100/110/120/45
New Moves: Drain Punch, Mach Punch

Mega Emboar becomes more bulky, a bit stronger, and now spreads burn everywhere to help with its lower Defense. Flame Fist is a clone of Iron Fist, except with the additional burn chance; This allows Emboar to have a chance at burning its foes, tanking physical hits better. Fire Punch now has a 32.5% chance of inducing burn, which is even higher than Scald (!), and even Mach Punch may cause burn as well. However, Mega Emboar lacks recovery, and thus may be wore down eventually.

Mega Stoutland
Typing: Normal ----> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy ----> Sand Rush
BST: 85/110/90/45/90/80 ----> 85/150/110/50/110/95
New Moves: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Swords Dance

Sand Rush Stoutland did pretty well in OU, so why not have a mega based on that? The increased bulk helps Mega Stoutland a lot when setting up Swords Dances, while Rock Slide and Earthquake adds coverage to Stoutland's pretty decent movepool. However, Mega Stoutland relies on Sand to sweep, and its use is slightly dampened when the weather runs out.

Mega Liepard
Typing: Dark ----> Dark/Fairy
Abilities: Limber/Unburden/Prankster ----> Super Luck
BST: 64/88/50/88/50/106 ----> 64/140/55/88/59/140
New Moves: Psycho Cut, Cross Chop, Focus Energy

With X/Y's increased critical chances, Mega Liepard essentially has a myriad of base >100 moves that ignores defense boosts as well. It can either run Focus Energy for an absolute crit chance, or Swords Dance for more damage. The added Fairy type allows it to come into Outrages or Choice Locked Dragon moves, and promptly set-up; though the incredible frailty of Mega Liepard makes it easy to be revenge killed by priority moves, especially Bullet Punch users.

Sigh. Oh well. I can see now why my previous entries with the cute legendaries did not brought me to the winning table. My assumption is because the rest of the participants are either scared of fairy type making Victini, Phione, and Shaymin too strong. Or maybe because all of agree with Dilasc with the lines of his concern below.

"There're too many fairies in this slate that I just HAD to make one NOT a fairy, otherwise I fear I'd seem like an unoriginal scrub just plugging Fairy onto everything in sight."

For Dilasc, and others alike, I feel pretty sad for you. I didn't know just how frightening fairy powers and typing are to these cute favorite legendaries of my personal taste. Pixiephobia I guess? I mean, are these legendaries stereotypical-wise viewed as fairy types by majority of the pokemon players casual and competitive alike? I only want clarification of course

Personally, maybe its just for the casual players that making Victini, Phione, and Shaymin's land form part fairy to replace their psychic typing (or adding them in Mew, Phione, Manaphy, and Shaymin's case), along with Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi, would fit them flavorwise by their innocent looking nature shown in the anime or manga. But for some of usthough, we just feel that replacing the psychic type with fairy/adding the fairy type to the mentioned pokemon is something their megas badly need if they were to finally shine in OU.

But as of now, I have no idea for the megas of the current slate. So I'll just wait until we reach Cinccino since I made a mega art for Mega Cinccino. If I am to give my Cinccnino art later in the future, where can I place it/send it to who?

Abilities: Illuminate, Keen Eye (Analytic) -> Crazy Eyes (upon mega evolving/switch in, causes opponent to flinch on their first atk.)
New Moves: Shadow Claw

Atk: 85 -> 120 (+35)
Def: 69 -> 99 (+30)
SpD: 69 -> 79 (+10)
Spe: 77 -> 102 (+25)

With 100% flinching 1st turn, Watchog can set up Confuse ray or any other atk for free. With 102 speed it outruns many dangerous pokemon at base 100!

Abilities: Limber, Unburden (Prankster) -> Reapers Paw (I dont kno wat to call it lol) Priority Attack Moves are Doubled
New Moves: Shadow Sneak+Extreme Speed

Atk: 88 -> 128 (+40)
Def: 50 -> 65 (+15)
SpA: 88 -> 98 (+10)
SpD: 50 -> 65 (+15)
Spe: 106 -> 131 (+25)

Shadow Sneak + Fake Out= 80, Extreme Speed= 160, and of course Sucker Punch with Stab= 240! The speedy Killer, fits well with the Dark Cat :-D

Abilities: Intimidate, Sand Rush (Scrappy) -> Intimidate
New Moves: Extreme Speed

Atk: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Def: 90 -> 130 (+40)
SpD: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Spe: 80 -> 80

Super Tanky Fluffy Dog with an intimidation look to it O.o

Last edited:

Mega Liepard
Ability: Prankster/Limber/Unburden -> Guerrilla (Any attacking move it lands its first turn out will flinch the opponent)
New Moves: Me First

Attack: 88 -> 118 (+30)
Defense: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 88 -> 113 (+25)
Sp. Def: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Speed: 106 -> 131 (+25)
Total: 446 -> 546 (+100)

As we all know from SwagPlay, Liepard's somewhat of a cheap-shot artist. I wanted to keep some of that alley-cat scrappiness to it while making it more of a straight-up attacker rather than a Mega Liepard that would just abuse Prankster with better bulk and support moves (or one that just so happens to have 0 or negative points in Attack so it can optimize that Sub/Assist/Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse set). Adding a Fake Out effect to its first attack is extra fitting because the move literally translates to "cat deception" in Japanese.

It can be an elite revenge killer as even the fastest attackers would potentially have to take 2 Sucker Punches from it before moving. Of course, your opponent can play around that by switching or not directly attacking, but Liepard might predict that and set up a Sub/Nasty Plot/Hone Claws or use one of its numerous status moves. Its non-existent coverage and low base power moves keep it from being too broken; Dark resists and priority will still be just fine against it.

Also open to any cooler names for the abiilty :B

Mega Watchog
Ability: Illuminate/Keen Eye/Analytic -> Overtime (Attack, Special Attack, and Speed double after three turns on the field)
New Moves: Endure
Attack: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Defense: 69 -> 99 (+30)
Sp. Atk: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Sp. Def: 69 -> 99 (+30)
Speed: 77 -> 67 (-10)

Mega Watchog's older, wearier, and still punching the clock at its Pokemon job as a road worker (you'd think if the Pokemon world's advanced enough to have whatever technology's going on inside Poke Balls, they'd have robots or something to help with constructing roads, but I digress). It doesn't have quite the vigor that it used to, but that all changes when it gets the chance to pick up some Overtime hours.

This thing is by no means extra bulky thanks to base 60 HP and pure Normal typing, so using it's a high-risk, high-reward strategy. +2 Return obviously hurts, and its coverage options already include Crunch, Low Kick, Grass Knot, Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt. I threw in Endure so you can try to sweep with Flail if you're absolutely insane/ballsy.

I'm unsure on how many turns should elapse until the Overtime bonus kicks in. Trying to strike a balance between something that'd be too quick and easy to achieve with just Protect and "lol good luck keeping it in that many turns."

Mega Stoutland
Ability: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy -> Alpinist (Immune to Rock and Stealth Rock)
New Moves: N/A

Attack: 110 -> 135 (+25)
Defense: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Sp. Atk: 45 -> 55 (+10)
Sp. Def: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Speed: 80 -> 85 (+5)
Total: 500 -> 600 (+100)

This dog's been saving people up in the mountains for so long that it's got complete knowledge of the terrain; Stoutland sees those landslides and sharp stone edges coming from a mile away and is able to navigate around them without breaking a sweat. It's a good thing, too, because Mega Stoutland's quite rugged and wants to limit the amount of passive damage it takes since it lacks reliable recovery.

Mega Emboar
Ability: Blaze/Reckless -> Showmanship (moves do double damage against targets at or below 50% health)
Weight increase (at least doubled to 660 lbs/300kg) to do more damage with Heat Crash/Heavy Slam

Attack: 123 -> 158 (+35)
Defense: 65 -> 90 (+25)
Sp. Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Sp. Def: 65 -> 90 (+25)
Speed: 65 -> 60 (-5)
Total: 528 -> 628 (+100)

The inspiration for this one is kind of an old-school pro wrestler since it already has the Fighting dual typing, the singlet-looking thing, and this movepool chock full of techniques involving throwing its weight around rather than punching or kicking. Like a true professional in the ring, Mega Emboar will deliver the finishing move with a flair that'll allow even the most discerning fans to suspend their disbelief.

As anyone that's tried to make a set revolving around the move Brine could tell you, it's situational enough to keep Showmanship from making Emboar too broken. After all, Mega Emboar's powerful enough that it should already do 50% to just about anything with the right move but slow enough that it won't be taking advantage all of the time. The main use of Showmanship is that it limits switch-ins: if you're against a Tyranitar that's at 50% health, your opponent can't automatically go to a Fighting resist because you could also use Flare Blitz (or even Wild Charge) on Tyranitar for the KO. I think it's kind of a cool parallel to how a wrestler has a signature move he goes to against a wide variety of opponents (regardless of how realistic using it in that situation would be), and of course Heat Crash could become a recoil-less Flare Blitz against some things depending on how heavy Mega Emboar is.

Last edited:

Mega Liepard
Type: Dark -> Dark/Fairy
Ability: Prankster/Limber/Unburden -> Infiltrator
64/88/50/88/50/106 446 -> 64/100(+12)/66(+16)/120(+32)/66(+16)/130(+24) 546
New Moves: Focus Blast, Moonblast

Well, This is a very different approch of what we are used to get from Liepard. Instead of being a really anoying parafuse user, it becomes a fast attacker who can also get behind subs :D It also gets the fairy typing just to spice it up a bit :3

Mega Watchog
Ability: Illuminate/Keen Eye/Analytic -> Fur Coat
60/85/69/60/69/77 420 -> 60/100(+15)/90(+21)/70(+10)/100(+31)/100(+23) 520
New Moves: Glare, Amnesia

The idea is that it's vest grows to a nice fur coat, and gains a new playing style (which it didn't had before frankly) :D
Bulk ftw!

Mega Stoutland
Ability: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy -> Thick Fur (Special Defense Fur Coat)
85/110/90/45/90/80 500 -> 85/140(+30)/110(+20)/60(+15)/100(+10)/105(+25) 600
New Moves: None

A super tank for special hits, who can also dish out some nice damage :D
Pretty speedy too :3

Mega Emboar
Ability: Blaze/Reckless -> Rock Head
110/123/65/100/65/65 528 -> 110/163(+40)/90(+25)/130(+30)/80(+15)/55(-10) 628
New Moves: Eruption

Slower but packs more power :3
Also, this thing looks like it has a rock head, so why not?

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor

Mega Liepard
Ability: Prankster/Limber/Unburden -> Guerrilla (Any attacking move it lands its first turn out will flinch the opponent)

As we all know from SwagPlay, Liepard's somewhat of a cheap-shot artist. I wanted to keep some of that alley-cat scrappiness to it while making it more of a straight-up attacker rather than a Mega Liepard that would just abuse Prankster with better bulk and support moves (or one that just so happens to have 0 or negative points in Attack so it can optimize that Sub/Assist/Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse set). Adding a Fake Out effect to its first attack is extra fitting because the move literally translates to "cat deception" in Japanese.

It can be an elite revenge killer as even the fastest attackers would potentially have to take 2 Sucker Punches from it before moving. Of course, your opponent can play around that by switching or not directly attacking, but Liepard might predict that and set up a Sub/Nasty Plot/Hone Claws or use one of its numerous status moves. Its non-existent coverage and low base power moves keep it from being too broken; Dark resists and priority will still be just fine against it.

Also open to any cooler names for the abiilty :B

Mega Watchog
Ability: Illuminate/Keen Eye/Analytic -> Overtime (Attack, Special Attack, and Speed double after three turns on the field)

Mega Watchog's older, wearier, and still punching the clock at its Pokemon job as a road worker (you'd think if the Pokemon world's advanced enough to have whatever technology's going on inside Poke Balls, they'd have robots or something to help with constructing roads, but I digress). It doesn't have quite the vigor that it used to, but that all changes when it gets the chance to pick up some Overtime hours.

This thing is by no means extra bulky thanks to base 60 HP and pure Normal typing, so using it's a high-risk, high-reward strategy. +2 Return obviously hurts, and its coverage options already include Crunch, Low Kick, Grass Knot, Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt. I threw in Endure so you can try to sweep with Flail if you're absolutely insane/ballsy.

I'm unsure on how many turns should elapse until the Overtime bonus kicks in. Trying to strike a balance between something that'd be too quick and easy to achieve with just Protect and "lol good luck keeping it in that many turns."

Mega Stoutland
Ability: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy -> Mountaineer (Immune to Rock and Stealth Rock)

This dog's been saving people up in the mountains for so long that it's got complete knowledge of the terrain; Stoutland sees those landslides and sharp stone edges coming from a mile away and is able to navigate around them without breaking a sweat. It's a good thing, too, because Mega Stoutland's quite rugged and wants to limit the amount of passive damage it takes since it lacks reliable recovery.

Mega Emboar
Ability: Blaze/Reckless -> Showmanship (moves do double damage against targets at or below 50% health)
Weight increase (at least doubled to 660 lbs/300kg) to do more damage with Heat Crash/Heavy Slam

The inspiration for this one is kind of an old-school pro wrestler since it already has the Fighting dual typing, the singlet-looking thing, and this movepool chock full of techniques involving throwing its weight around rather than punching or kicking. Like a true professional in the ring, Mega Emboar will deliver the finishing move with a flair that'll allow even the most discerning fans to suspend their disbelief.

As anyone that's tried to make a set revolving around the move Brine could tell you, it's situational enough to keep Showmanship from making Emboar too broken. After all, Mega Emboar's powerful enough that it should already do 50% to just about anything with the right move but slow enough that it won't be taking advantage all of the time. The main use of Showmanship is that it limits switch-ins: if you're against a Tyranitar that's at 50% health, your opponent can't automatically go to a Fighting resist because you could also use Flare Blitz (or even Wild Charge) on Tyranitar for the KO. I think it's kind of a cool parallel to how a wrestler has a signature move he goes to against a wide variety of opponents (regardless of how realistic using it in that situation would be), and of course Heat Crash could become a recoil-less Flare Blitz against some things depending on how heavy Mega Emboar is.
You might want to change the ability name for Mega Stoutland since CAP has an ability with the same name (Nearly identical effect, only difference with theres is that it only works when switching in) and having that might be a pain to code.

Sorry, I was too busy today to make the slate. I'm going to make it tomorrow morning (Hey, if it means anything getting the votes out and starting it happened late. We can let this slip by a few hours the same.)

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Stoutland

Normal ----> Normal / Ground
Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy ----> Sheer Force
85 / 110 / 90 / 45 / 90 / 80 (500) ----> 85 / 150 (+40) / 120 (+30) / 45 / 120 (+30) / 80 (600)
New Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Body Slam

If you need a powerful sand sweeper, Mega Stoutland is just one Mega Stone away. With Sheer Force, Mega Stoutland becomes respectable threat, and not only gets new moves in Earthquake and Rock Slide, but also gets a new Ground typing to get STAB on the former. Moves such as the elemental fangs, Crunch, Play Rough, Iron Head, and the newly added Rock Slide and Body Slam will greatly enjoy the power buff they receive, and coming off of 150 base Attack is going to hurt. But the fun thing about Stoutland is he can sweep fast teams with Sand Rush before Mega Evolving, and plow through defensive teams after Mega Evolving, so look at the other team carefully and think twice before Mega Evolving.

Mega Watchog
Mega Watchog
Ability: Illuminate/Keen Eye/Analytic -> Vigil Watch (Keeps its eyes peeled for any and all Dark type moves and outright prevents their usage for all mons in play, even itself)
New Moves: Slack Off, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-Wisp
60/85/69/60/69/77 >>> 60/85/109(+40)/60/109(+40)/97(+20)

Concept: Lack a weakness and spread Super Fang and Thunderwave... gee, did I suggest something similar with Pachirisu? Hmm, I wonder... one day I'll get a Fang Shuffler into the game. Do not ignore the Superfang!

Mega Stoutland
Normal ---> Normal
Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy ---> Moxie
85/110/90/45/90/80 >>> 85/135(+25)/110(+20)/45/110(+20)/110(+30)
New Moves: Play Rough, Earthquake

Concept: You should know how Moxie monsters work. Fast, strong, and well rounded coverage means you can kill many things and get a clean sweep if you and your enemy play it right.

Emboar

Fire/Fighting>>>Fire/Ground

Blaze/Reckless(hidden)>>>Power Thirst (Immune to Water, when struck by it, power spawns 400 babies and gets deported back to KENYA gains +1 Atk)

110/123/65/100/65/65>>>110/130(+32)/95(+30)/121(+21)/95(+30)/52(-13)

Concept: Becoming Fire/Ground with Water immunity is literally tits on the hottest girl you know... but you keep your pants on (I hope.) One weakness (albiet common) is easier for the sluggish hog, plus Fire/Ground might synergize better than Fire/Fight.

Or maybe because all of agree with Dilasc with the lines of his concern below.

"There're too many fairies in this slate that I just HAD to make one NOT a fairy, otherwise I fear I'd seem like an unoriginal scrub just plugging Fairy onto everything in sight."

For Dilasc, and others alike, I feel pretty sad for you. I didn't know just how frightening fairy powers and typing are to these cute favorite legendaries of my personal taste. Pixiephobia I guess?
It's more like a fear of monotony, which disturbingly shares its name with the antigay (I'm not even kidding)... but that's not here or there. The point is, the slate felts stale if slapping Fairy on everything was the be the answer. So we have everything become /fairy and someone might look at you can call you unoriginal.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Emboar

Fire / Fighting ----> Fire / Fighting
Blaze / Reckless ----> Audacious, recoil moves are at +1 priority, but only have 75% of the power they usually do
110 / 123 / 65 / 100 / 65 / 65 (528) ----> 110 / 163 (+40) / 85 (+20) / 120 (+20) / 85 (+20) / 65
New Moves: Submission and Swords Dance

With Audacious, Mega Pyroar becomes a hellish sweeper that's capable of picking apart both walls and sweepers alike. To explain, Audacious provides recoil moves +1 priority, meaning Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Head Smash, and the newly added Submission are his best weapons against sweepers, and 164 / 120 offenses can help pick apart walls with relative ease. But this ability would be quite broken if it only prioritized recoil moves, so I added an interesting twist: recoil moves only have 75% of the power they normally pack. If you do the math, Choice Band Talonflame's Flare Blitz does slightly more damage than Mega Emboar's. His coverage options also find themselves lacking in power when facing defensive teams, meaning he has to rely on either Swords Dance or special moves to get past some walls. Mega Emboar does come with a price, but if you can endure his flaws, his strengths truly shine. His access to Swords Dance makes sweeping much easier, so it's not too hard to use him, and his niche over Talonflame is he has more moves backed by priority than Talonflame does, which means he threatens more offensive teams by virtue of his coverage.

Mega Watchog
Mega Watchog
Ability: Illuminate/Keen Eye/Analytic -> Vigil Watch (Keeps its eyes peeled for any and all Dark type moves and outright prevents their usage for all mons in play, even itself)

Concept: Lack a weakness and spread Super Fang and Thunderwave... gee, did I suggest something similar with Pachirisu? Hmm, I wonder... one day I'll get a Fang Shuffler into the game. Do not ignore the Superfang!

Mega Stoutland
Normal ---> Normal

Concept: You should know how Moxie monsters work. Fast, strong, and well rounded coverage means you can kill many things and get a clean sweep if you and your enemy play it right.

Emboar

Blaze/Reckless(hidden)>>>Power Thirst (Immune to Water, when struck by it, power spawns 400 babies and gets deported back to KENYA gains +1 Atk)

Concept: Becoming Fire/Ground with Water immunity is literally tits on the hottest girl you know... but you keep your pants on (I hope.) One weakness (albiet common) is easier for the sluggish hog, plus Fire/Ground might synergize better than Fire/Fight.

It's more like a fear of monotony, which disturbingly shares its name with the antigay (I'm not even kidding)... but that's not here or there. The point is, the slate felts stale if slapping Fairy on everything was the be the answer. So we have everything become /fairy and someone might look at you can call you unoriginal.
An issue with monotony huh? Well that didn't cross my mind at all. If you are to ask me, the only mega legendaries that I see getting the fairy type as a secondary typing (replacing their psychic typing for some) would be Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, Shaymin, and Victini. Everyone else can stay the same.

I guess you can see the reason why I ask those questions. Aegislash just stabbed these 6 out of OU badly since ghost typing destroys their psychic type (in Jirachi's case, stabbed on her third eye, Mew's tail being cut off, Phione's antenna cut off, slicing Celebi to minced onion shreds, etc. Only Phione and Shaymin avoided that fate naturally due to being low tier all the way back.). I just fear the excalibur greatly that I forgot pokemon competitive battling nearly altogether and stuck myself to DOTA 2.

Anyways, that emboar though, it is convincing to pick that one right off the bat. But the ability you gave it sounds like what Mega Camerupt could have too since it's a volcano.

Well, good thing I did hold off on the slate and everything because there were new submissions

Current Slate

Emboar

Fire/Fighting → Fire/Fighting

Blaze/Reckless(hidden) → Hustle

110/123/65/100/65/65 (528) → 110/160(+37)/89(+24)/119(+19)/85(+20)/65 (628)

M-Emboar becomes an incredibly fierce physical attacker. With base 160 attack amplified by Hustle's 50% boost means few things will be able to stand in its way. The drawback is Hustle's 20% accuracy loss which compounds Emboar's reliance on recoil moves, mediocre defenses and low speed means it's not particularly difficult to actually take out

Emboar (Emboarite)
Abilities: Blaze (Reckless) -> Rock Head
New Moves: Circle Throw, Submission, Slack Off

Atk: 123 -> 143 (+20)
Def: 65 -> 95 (+30)
SpA: 100 -> 100
SpD: 65 -> 95 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 85 (+20)
BST: 528 -> 628

Emphasizing the wrestling/general fighting theme, Emboar gains Circle Throw which functions as a reliable phazing move, and Submission which isn't great but is pretty fitting. Rock Head works with its bulk in contrast to Reckless. Its speed is just enough to beat some tanks and walls, and Flame Charge/Sticky Web are great for it.

Mega Emboar
Typing: Fire/Fighting ----> Fire/Fighting
Abilities: Blaze/Rekless ----> Flame Fist (All Punch moves have an additional 25% chance of inflicting burn, and receive a 20% boost in power)
BST: 110/123/65/100/65/65 ----> 110/143/100/110/120/45
New Moves: Drain Punch, Mach Punch

Mega Emboar becomes more bulky, a bit stronger, and now spreads burn everywhere to help with its lower Defense. Flame Fist is a clone of Iron Fist, except with the additional burn chance; This allows Emboar to have a chance at burning its foes, tanking physical hits better. Fire Punch now has a 32.5% chance of inducing burn, which is even higher than Scald (!), and even Mach Punch may cause burn as well. However, Mega Emboar lacks recovery, and thus may be wore down eventually.

Mega Emboar

Mega Emboar
Ability: Blaze/Reckless -> Rock Head
110/123/65/100/65/65 528 -> 110/163(+40)/90(+25)/130(+30)/80(+15)/55(-10) 628
New Moves: Eruption

Slower but packs more power :3
Also, this thing looks like it has a rock head, so why not?

Emboar

Mega Emboar

Fire / Fighting ----> Fire / Fighting
Blaze / Reckless ----> Audacious, recoil moves are at +1 priority, but only have 75% of the power they usually do
110 / 123 / 65 / 100 / 65 / 65 (528) ----> 110 / 163 (+40) / 85 (+20) / 120 (+20) / 85 (+20) / 65
New Moves: Submission and Swords Dance

With Audacious, Mega Pyroar becomes a hellish sweeper that's capable of picking apart both walls and sweepers alike. To explain, Audacious provides recoil moves +1 priority, meaning Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Head Smash, and the newly added Submission are his best weapons against sweepers, and 164 / 120 offenses can help pick apart walls with relative ease. But this ability would be quite broken if it only prioritized recoil moves, so I added an interesting twist: recoil moves only have 75% of the power they normally pack. If you do the math, Choice Band Talonflame's Flare Blitz does slightly more damage than Mega Emboar's. His coverage options also find themselves lacking in power when facing defensive teams, meaning he has to rely on either Swords Dance or special moves to get past some walls. Mega Emboar does come with a price, but if you can endure his flaws, his strengths truly shine. His access to Swords Dance makes sweeping much easier, so it's not too hard to use him, and his niche over Talonflame is he has more moves backed by priority than Talonflame does, which means he threatens more offensive teams by virtue of his coverage.

Liepard

Dark → Dark

Limber/Unburden/Prankster (Hidden) → Prankster

64/88/50/88/50/106 (446) → 64/115(+27)/65(+15)/100(+12)/70(+20)/132(+26) (546)

In addition to the annoyance that is Prankster, Liepard becomes a semi-decent offensive threat though it's still incredibly frail.

Liepard (Liepardite)
Abilities: Limber, Unburden (Prankster) -> Sneaky (Dark-type attacks gain +1 priority. Even Sucker Punch, which goes up to +2)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Thunderbolt

Atk: 88 -> 113 (+25)
Def: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpA: 88 -> 113 (+25)
SpD: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Spe: 106 -> 136 (+30)
BST: 446 -> 546

Set up with Prankster, whether SD or NP, and sweep.

Mega Liepard
Typing: Dark ----> Dark/Fairy
Abilities: Limber/Unburden/Prankster ----> Super Luck
BST: 64/88/50/88/50/106 ----> 64/140/55/88/59/140
New Moves: Psycho Cut, Cross Chop, Focus Energy

With X/Y's increased critical chances, Mega Liepard essentially has a myriad of base >100 moves that ignores defense boosts as well. It can either run Focus Energy for an absolute crit chance, or Swords Dance for more damage. The added Fairy type allows it to come into Outrages or Choice Locked Dragon moves, and promptly set-up; though the incredible frailty of Mega Liepard makes it easy to be revenge killed by priority moves, especially Bullet Punch users.

Liepard
Abilities: Limber, Unburden (Prankster) -> Reapers Paw (I dont kno wat to call it lol) Priority Attack Moves are Doubled
New Moves: Shadow Sneak+Extreme Speed

Atk: 88 -> 128 (+40)
Def: 50 -> 65 (+15)
SpA: 88 -> 98 (+10)
SpD: 50 -> 65 (+15)
Spe: 106 -> 131 (+25)

Shadow Sneak + Fake Out= 80, Extreme Speed= 160, and of course Sucker Punch with Stab= 240! The speedy Killer, fits well with the Dark Cat :-D

Mega Liepard

Mega Liepard
Type: Dark -> Dark/Fairy
Ability: Prankster/Limber/Unburden -> Infiltrator
64/88/50/88/50/106 446 -> 64/100(+12)/66(+16)/120(+32)/66(+16)/130(+24) 546
New Moves: Focus Blast, Moonblast

Well, This is a very different approch of what we are used to get from Liepard. Instead of being a really anoying parafuse user, it becomes a fast attacker who can also get behind subs :D It also gets the fairy typing just to spice it up a bit :3

Stoutland

Normal → Normal/Ice

Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy(hidden) → Snow Cloak

85/110/90/45/90/80 → 85/135(+25)/110(+20)/60(+15)/110(+20)/100(+20)

+Ice Shard, Icicle Crash

Stoutland are said to rescue people from the mountains and are protected from snowstorms by their fur, thus the secondary Ice typing and Snow Cloak as an ability.

Stoutland (Stoutlandite)
Abilities: Intimidate, Sand Rush (Scrappy) -> Guts
New Moves: Double-Edge, Earthquake

Atk: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Def: 90 -> 115 (+25)
SpD: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Spe: 80 -> 90 (+10)
BST: 500 -> 600

Not much to say here. Better all around stats, new moves, great ability.

Mega Stoutland
Normal ---> Normal
Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy ---> Overcoat
(was thinking Fur Coat, but Intimidate into Fur Coat would just be a massive middle finger to just about every physical attacker).
85/110/90/45/90/80 ---> 85/130/115/45/120/105
New Moves: Waterfall

Just got back from a holiday so I'm too tired to do the whole slate but I've owned a couple Schnauzers in the past so felt that I had to Stoutland.

Overcoat because look at that things coat. Also makes sense as it says it rescues people from blizzards and it has Sand Rush so I'm assuming it rescues people from sand storms as well. Sandstorm and Hail immunity is just a nice thing to have on a bulky attacker who lacks reliable recovery and can therefore be warn down easily.
Waterfall I don't really see as too much of a stretch as it also says Stoutland rescues people from the sea.
(is there anywhere the dog can't rescue people from?) The reason I wanted to add it was so that Stoutland could abuse Overcoat further by taking on Hippodon and Tyranitar.
As for the Spread I just figured that Stoutland looked far to big and fluffy to not have some better defensive stats, so I fixed that.
(He looks like a freaking Walrein!)

Mega Stoutland
Typing: Normal ----> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy ----> Sand Rush
BST: 85/110/90/45/90/80 ----> 85/150/110/50/110/95
New Moves: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Swords Dance

Sand Rush Stoutland did pretty well in OU, so why not have a mega based on that? The increased bulk helps Mega Stoutland a lot when setting up Swords Dances, while Rock Slide and Earthquake adds coverage to Stoutland's pretty decent movepool. However, Mega Stoutland relies on Sand to sweep, and its use is slightly dampened when the weather runs out.

Stoutland
Abilities: Intimidate, Sand Rush (Scrappy) -> Intimidate
New Moves: Extreme Speed

Atk: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Def: 90 -> 130 (+40)
SpD: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Spe: 80 -> 80

Super Tanky Fluffy Dog with an intimidation look to it O.o

Mega Stoutland
Ability: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy -> Alpinist (Immune to Rock and Stealth Rock)

Mega Stoutland
Ability: Intimidate/Sand Rush/Scrappy -> Thick Fur (Special Defense Fur Coat)
85/110/90/45/90/80 500 -> 85/140(+30)/110(+20)/60(+15)/100(+10)/105(+25) 600
New Moves: None

A super tank for special hits, who can also dish out some nice damage :D
Pretty speedy too :3

Mega Stoutland

Normal ----> Normal / Ground
Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy ----> Sheer Force
85 / 110 / 90 / 45 / 90 / 80 (500) ----> 85 / 150 (+40) / 120 (+30) / 45 / 120 (+30) / 80 (600)
New Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Body Slam

If you need a powerful sand sweeper, Mega Stoutland is just one Mega Stone away. With Sheer Force, Mega Stoutland becomes respectable threat, and not only gets new moves in Earthquake and Rock Slide, but also gets a new Ground typing to get STAB on the former. Moves such as the elemental fangs, Crunch, Play Rough, Iron Head, and the newly added Rock Slide and Body Slam will greatly enjoy the power buff they receive, and coming off of 150 base Attack is going to hurt. But the fun thing about Stoutland is he can sweep fast teams with Sand Rush before Mega Evolving, and plow through defensive teams after Mega Evolving, so look at the other team carefully and think twice before Mega Evolving.

Mega Stoutland
Normal ---> Normal

Watchog

Normal → Normal

Illuminate/Keen Eye/Analytic(hidden) → Huge Power

60/85/69/60/69/77 (420) –> 60/100(+15)/90(+21)/80(+20)/90(+21)/100(+23) (520)

+Drain Punch

Watchog becomes semi-powerful due to Huge Power. Normal typing still sucks though.

Watchog (Watchogite)
Abilities: Illuminate, Keen Eye (Analytic) -> Frisk
New Moves: Glare, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak

Atk: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Def: 69 -> 90 (+21)
SpD: 69 -> 90 (+21)
Spe: 77 -> 110 (+33)
BST: 420 -> 520

Unique typing with one weakness, great speed, a useful ability and STAB priority. All this mitigates Watchog's poor stats and gives it a niche of sorts.

Watchog
Abilities: Illuminate, Keen Eye (Analytic) -> Crazy Eyes (upon mega evolving/switch in, causes opponent to flinch on their first atk.)
New Moves: Shadow Claw

Atk: 85 -> 120 (+35)
Def: 69 -> 99 (+30)
SpD: 69 -> 79 (+10)
Spe: 77 -> 102 (+25)

With 100% flinching 1st turn, Watchog can set up Confuse ray or any other atk for free. With 102 speed it outruns many dangerous pokemon at base 100!

Mega Watchog

Mega Watchog
Ability: Illuminate/Keen Eye/Analytic -> Fur Coat
60/85/69/60/69/77 420 -> 60/100(+15)/90(+21)/70(+10)/100(+31)/100(+23) 520
New Moves: Glare, Amnesia

The idea is that it's vest grows to a nice fur coat, and gains a new playing style (which it didn't had before frankly) :D
Bulk ftw!

Mega Watchog
Mega Watchog

Anyways, you know the drill. PM The Pizza Man your votes and let's talk about the next group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)