Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

PokeRangerKellyn said:
.... Is this thread active? >_<
Recec Snaquaza Shiny Dratini

Can you give me another pokemon? I really don't have much patience... How long does it normally take to collect six Pokemon?
No problem at all. Take Roast the Tepig. Tepig's pokedex entry states: It loves to eat roasted berries, but sometimes it gets too excited and burns them to a crisp.

As such, Roast must always hold a berry (as long as you have one available) and must use a Fire-type move on every Gym Leader's Pokemon that has a berry in order to roast them unless a different pokemon is required to do a solo. (I was thinking of Incinerate, but it's only available through battle points).

For reference, the pokemon with berries would be Burgh's Leavanny, Elesa's Zebstrika, Clay's Excadrill, Skyla's Swanna, Drayden's Haxorus, and Marlon's Jellicent.

Good luck, have fun!

Also, I still need two pokemon to start my Platinum Scramble (one of which I would like to be a Turtwig), and I'll accept one if you've already sent me a pokemon.

Thanks! I'd love to see how you go in your challenge!

For AOPSUser

Darken the Frillish
.::Darken is nuts and it likes it::.
- It must attack its own team mates if it is sent out in a double or triple battle
- It can only use moves with 60 or less BP
- It must have at least 2 ghost type moves at all times
- You cannot use revives on Darken
- Darken can only evolve when it has killed every member of the team at least once in triple or double battles (Not necessarily all at once)
Cool. Accepted. I'll begin this soon, watch here for updates and stuff.

.... Is this thread active? >_<

Recec Snaquaza Shiny Dratini

Can you give me another pokemon? I really don't have much patience... How long does it normally take to collect six Pokemon?
The thread is always active to some extent, I find (but it definitely has been more popular than this).

Take Rook the Pawniard. In double/triple battles Rook may only attack the opponent directly opposite him. Additionally Rook may not use the move diagonally to the move it last used. Every time it is sent into battle, however, you can choose which move to start with.

E.g. Say it's moves are positioned like:

Sucker Punch Iron Head

Pursuit Swords Dance

If you used Iron Head. On the next turn, you could use Iron Head, Sucker Punch or Swords Dance, but not Pusruit. If you used Swords Dance after Iron Head, then you could use Swords Dance, Iron Head or Pursuit. I think you get the idea.

Shiny Dratini Take Tellus the Turtwig.
As what is essentially the entire world to some small Pokemon, Tellus must kepp some sort of balance. All of it's moves must be of different types.

After hearing of Galactic's plan to destroy the world, Tellus feels it is up to him to stop them, anyway he can. Tellus must solo Mars every time. (It's okay if Barry gets a hit in on her in the double battle.)

GL;HF both of you.

Last edited:
PokeRangerKellyn take STAB the Joltik. As implied in its name, STAB is mainly only allowed to use STAB moves (Electric and Bug moves). However STAB is also allowed to use cutting and blade-like moves to go along with its name (such as cut, slash, x-scissor, etc.)

Feel free to notify me if this is to easy or hard. Hope you like it ;)

Shiny Dratini take POWAH (all caps) the Porygon.

This Porygon is special. Why? Because it has POWAH. Keep resetting and keep the first one you find with a +Special Attack nature (Modest, Mild, Rash, or Quiet). It also wants only strong moves, so it may only use one non-attacking move, and the three attacking moves must be of the three highest BAP of the moves it could possibly have so far, before STAB (Return counts as 102 BAP for these purposes). For reference, your final three attacking moves will be Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, and one of Blizzard or Thunder. To evolve into Porygon2, it must solo all trainers in a gym of your choice, not including the Gym Leader. When you evolve into Porygon2, your fourth move will be chosen as follows:

Modest nature: Nasty Plot
Mild nature: Defense Curl
Rash nature: Recover
Quiet nature: Trick Room

The fourth move must be taught ASAP. As a Porygon2, it must solo 5 trainers in Victory Road to evolve into PorygonZ.

PokeRangerKellyn take Patience the Shuckle.

Patience is a virtue, but this Shuckle really loves to test your patience. Pretty much all it does is sit there and take hits. Unfortunately, you have to play along, as it will not learn any moves in the first two slots but Rest and Sleep Talk. It also wants any non-attacking move for its third slot, but with a twist--this move must not have any chance of raising Shuckle's attacking stats (so no Shell Smash, Acupressure, or Power Split) or Evasion (bye bye Double Team). Its fourth move may be another non-attacking move, or an attacking move with a BAP lower than 40. Solo a gym leader or Elite Four member of your choice.

Awesome, I'm accepting all and starting today on my Platinum run. Here is a recap of my scramblemon:

Tellus the Turtwig must have all of its moves be different types and it must solo Mars every time.

Simba the Shinx must learn Bite (17), Roar (21), may evolve after learning those two, learn Swagger (28), and Scary Face (43), and may evolve into a Luxray with no restrictions. In addition, with no moves Simba must solo all Pokemon with the same type as one of its moves. With one move, it must lead always and must not have items used on it. With two moves, it may not switch out. With three moves, (with Intimidate), it may only use attacking moves after it is hit, (with Rivalry), it may only fight against Pokemon of the opposite gender.

Asp the Abra must be male, cannot use Physical moves, and may not be used in double battles. He must always have two Psychic type moves. If his health ever enters yellow, use only a potion. He must solo Maylene to evolve into Kadabra, solo Byron to evolve into Alakazam, and solo Lucian.

Toothless the Gible must know at least two Ground type moves at all times. It may evolve into Gabite once HM02 (Fly) is obtained. Toothless must solo Volkner to evolve into Garchomp.

POWAH the Porygon must be a +SpA nature and must always learn the highest base power move it can for 3 of its moves. To evolve into Porygon2, it must solo all gym trainers in any gym. Once evolved it must learn one of the following for its fourth move: Nasty Plot (Modest), Defense Curl (Mild), Recover (Rash), Trick Room (Quiet). POWAH must solo 5 trainers in Victory Road to evolve into Porygon-Z.

Frozen the Snorunt must have 3 Ice type attacks and teammates that have been frozen must naturally get rid of the freeze. If Frozen is male, he must evolve into Glalie renamed Effects and use Hail whenever he is switched in. He must only use moves that have secondary effects. If Frozen is female, she must evolve into Froslass renamed Anna and must learn 2 attacks which can cause a freeze. She must switch out if she freezes an opponent. In any form, Frozen must solo Flint.

So I do all the boring stuff that you have to go through and receive Tellus, my very particular Turtwig. It takes out Barry's Chimchar, which suits him, I think, to have a monkey pokemon. I meet Dawn and do even more boring stuff with her before I am able to catch myself a Shinx. I catch a female Simba, which has Rivalry and, as part of the challenge, I guess she is going to solo every Normal type with Tackle for the early part of the game. I realize very quickly how awful Rivalry is as an early game ability, doing about 3HP of damage to wild Bidoofs (of the same gender). I move on with Simba at level 5 and face the first trainer with a male Starly... who promptly crits and faints my Simba. Wow. So I have to catch another one and I can tell this is going to be tedious until Simba learns Bite. Fortunately this next Simba has Intimidate and I level grind it to 6 before moving on.

I'm able to make it to Jubilife without any more problems. More boring plot stuff, although Looker has to be the funniest character in pokemon. (If you can't tell already, I won't be updating much on the plot of the games, more just my party and things relating to the Challenge.) Anyways, I take on Barry again, crushing him, obviously. He's surprised he lost despite only using Leer with his Chimchar... Now to search for a male Abra.

Tellus the Turtwig, Lv. 10
@ Quick Claw
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Jolly
- Tackle
- Withdraw
- Absorb
-
Stats: 31/19/20/12/18/13
Comments: Feels like I haven't used him too much, mostly due to Simba soloing all the normal types.

Simba the Shinx, Lv. 10
@ nothing
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Rash
- Tackle
- Leer
- Charge
-
Stats: 29/20/13/16/12/14
Comments: Intimidate is so much better. It gives Simba pseudo bulk as wild pokemon were giving him a hard time with Rivalry. Also, soloing all normal types is going to be such a pain. I'll probably have to grind Tellus once I get to Oreburgh because of all the experience this guy is hogging.

Update #6

It's time for me to defeat Team Rocket once and for all. First, though, I have to beat Chalang's Meganium with Unhittable. Luckily for me, Unhittable actually proves to be near-unhittable, letting me set up Minimize and Light Screen and eventually defeat it with Surf. I go through the Goldenrod Underground and the Radio Tower, defeating Archer and clearing Team Rocket. I then go through the Ice Cave, choosing not to teach Athlete Waterfall over Ice Fang thanks to the Dragon-type trainers ahead. I go to Blackthorn Gym and start battling the Trainers there, but I realize that I really need to train. I train in Ice Cave up until Lv. 40.

I finish defeating the trainers and then I battle Clair. Athlete's Swords Dance lets me sweep through her Gyarados and two Dragonair. Athlete softens Kingdra up with a couple +3 Ice Fangs and a Scary Face, letting Ninja finish the job.

Then Clair the whiny brat sends me off to the Dragon's Den. I talk to the Elder and I finally get the Rising Badge.

I'm not including a team update this time because I'll do one before the Elite 4.

Now that I've finally finished an extremely long soul silver nuzlocke, I've got the time to do my first scramble challange.

-This will be on Pokemon Emerald Version
-I cannot trade pokemon to evolve them
-I would like this challange to be hard difficulty, but without any major grinding, or anything insanely difficult (such as soloing the e4 with magikarp)

Last edited:
Now that I've finally finished an extremely long soul silver nuzlocke, I've got the time to do my first scramble challange.

-I would like this challange to be hard difficulty, but without anything insane (such as soloing the e4 with magikarp)

scramblemons list:
No pokemon yet...
Hard, eh? MUAHAHAHA--

(actually it shouldn't be that tedious, just difficult :P)

Take Kamikaze the Voltorb.

Nowadays, it seems everyone has forgotten what Kamikaze originally meant--kami no kaze means "wind of the kami", or "holy wind". And what better mon is there to represent holy wind than the second fastest (obtainable) mon in the game?

Naturally, since everyone has the wrong definition, it will absolutely refuse to use any moves that inflict any sort of damage on itself--recoil moves or suicidal moves. Instead, it wants to focus on flying ultra fast. There's just one problem--it can't fly. It can't even learn any Flying-type moves. In hopes of Bird Keepers everywhere teaching it, it may not fight at all against these trainers. It also may not learn any TMs, or use any healing items or X-Items, as it wants to get to flying the natural way. When you get to Fortree City, you hear about the ultimate Flying-type trainer, Winona. Have it solo her as a Voltorb in order to evolve into Electrode. As they say, losses make you wiser, so you may use N healing items on Voltorb in this match, where N is the number of times you have lost to Winona so far. Upon evolution into Electrode, it wants to improve on its failure to defeat a Flying-type trainer, so depending on the value of N once you have finished the solo:

N=0 (lol gl with this): TM restriction removed, no further restrictions
N=1-4: Must lead against Tate and Liza and solo one of their mons without switching or fainting. After this solo, remove the TM restriction.
N=5-8: Must solo Maxie. Healing items are allowed vs. Camerupt, but may only be used N times. After this solo, remove the TM restriction.
N=9 or more: Must solo Juan. You may learn one TM move for the purposes of this solo. After this solo, remove the TM restriction.

Finally, to show everyone it can truly fly high, have it land the final blow on each of the Elite Four and Champion not being soloed by another mon. Because flying is not limited to literal flying.

Squilliams7008 take BAM! the Grimer

This Grimer is, of all things, obsessed with cleanliness. So he may not know any Poison type moves (have fun wasting your TMs). To prove that Bam! is the master of cleanliness, BAM! must solo Juan, and at least 2 of Wallace's Pokemon.

BAM! must also solo every trainer owned Poison type, to aid his mission of cleanliness.

Gl;hf

EDIT: If Kamikaze is forced to solo Juan, then BAM! must solo at least 4 of Wallace's Pokemon.
(I'd invest in the Thunder/Thunderbolt TMs)

Hard, eh? MUAHAHAHA--

(actually it shouldn't be that tedious, just difficult :P)

Take Kamikaze the Voltorb.

Nowadays, it seems everyone has forgotten what Kamikaze originally meant--kami no kaze means "wind of the kami", or "holy wind". And what better mon is there to represent holy wind than the second fastest (obtainable) mon in the game?

Naturally, since everyone has the wrong definition, it will absolutely refuse to use any moves that inflict any sort of damage on itself--recoil moves or suicidal moves. Instead, it wants to focus on flying ultra fast. There's just one problem--it can't fly. It can't even learn any Flying-type moves. In hopes of Bird Keepers everywhere teaching it, it may not fight at all against these trainers. It also may not learn any TMs, or use any healing items or X-Items, as it wants to get to flying the natural way. When you get to Fortree City, you hear about the ultimate Flying-type trainer, Winona. Have it solo her as a Voltorb in order to evolve into Electrode. As they say, losses make you wiser, so you may use N healing items on Voltorb in this match, where N is the number of times you have lost to Winona so far. Upon evolution into Electrode, it wants to improve on its failure to defeat a Flying-type trainer, so depending on the value of N once you have finished the solo:

N=0 (lol gl with this): TM restriction removed, no further restrictions
N=1-4: Must lead against Tate and Liza and solo one of their mons without switching or fainting. After this solo, remove the TM restriction.
N=5-8: Must solo Maxie. Healing items are allowed vs. Camerupt, but may only be used N times. After this solo, remove the TM restriction.
N=9 or more: Must solo Juan. You may learn one TM move for the purposes of this solo. After this solo, remove the TM restriction.

Finally, to show everyone it can truly fly high, have it land the final blow on each of the Elite Four and Champion not being soloed by another mon. Because flying is not limited to literal flying.
Accepted!
Thanks AOPSUser

Squilliams7008 take BAM! the Grimer

This Grimer is, of all things, obsessed with cleanliness. So he may not know any Poison type moves (have fun wasting your TMs). To prove that Bam! is the master of cleanliness, BAM! must solo Juan, and at least 2 of Wallace's Pokemon.

BAM! must also solo every trainer owned Poison type, to aid his mission of cleanliness.

Gl;hf

EDIT: If Kamikaze is forced to solo Juan, then BAM! must solo at least 4 of Wallace's Pokemon.
(I'd invest in the Thunder/Thunderbolt TMs)
Accepted!
Thanks Recec

-I would like this challange to be hard difficulty, but without anything insane (such as soloing the e4 with magikarp)

scramblemons list:
No pokemon yet...
Squilliams7008 take Dizzy the Spinda.
Dizzy loves seeing confused pokemons, and he wants to confuse any pokemon he finds.
Dizzy can't learn any TM and he needs to learn Dizzy punch, Teeter dance, Swagger and Dynamic punch (to confuse any pokemon he finds).
Also, Dizzy needs to solo Norman (you can use potions only when facing his Slaking) and lead against Phoebe and solo one of her pokemons without switching (you can use potions against her).
Ps: Dynamic punch and Swagger are tutor moves.
Gl and hf!

Last edited:
Squilliams7008 take Dizzy the Spinda.
Dizzy loves seeing confused pokemons, and he wants to confuse any pokemon he finds.
Dizzy can't learn any TM and he needs to learn Dizzy punch, Teeter dance, Swagger and Dynamic punch (to confuse any pokemon he finds).
Also, Dizzy needs to solo Norman (you can use potions only when facing his Slaking) and lead against Phoebe and solo one of her pokemons without switching (you can use potions against her).
Ps: Dynamic punch and Swagger are tutor moves.
Gl and hf!
Accepted!
Thanks ladt2000

-I would like this challange to be hard difficulty, but without any major grinding, or anything insanely difficult (such as soloing the e4 with magikarp)
Take Life the Slakoth. You must evolve Life to Vigoroth ASAP because he wants to experience all life has to offer and he can't do that with the Truant ability.
Once a Vigoroth, Life must solo three Gym Leaders of your choice and their entire gyms to evolve to Slaking. You must evolve Life to Slaking ASAP once the third gym solo is complete.
After evolving to Slaking, Life realizes that he has experienced too much too fast. Rename Life to Burnout. You must use all Proteins you get from this point forward on Burnout.
No other restrictions because I think the Truant ability makes things hard enough! If you disagree, please let me know.

Take Life the Slakoth. You must evolve Life to Vigoroth ASAP because he wants to experience all life has to offer and he can't do that with the Truant ability.
Once a Vigoroth, Life must solo three Gym Leaders of your choice and their entire gyms to evolve to Slaking. You must evolve Life to Slaking ASAP once the third gym solo is complete.
After evolving to Slaking, Life realizes that he has experienced too much too fast. Rename Life to Burnout. You must use all Proteins you get from this point forward on Burnout.
No other restrictions because I think the Truant ability makes things hard enough! If you disagree, please let me know.
Accepted!
thanks PSDuckie

birdcrest Take Guardian the Riolu.

Guardian thinks that it must guard the future from evildoers. As such, he must solo every Team Plasma Grunt (it may have help from an ally in tag or double battles against them, though), and participate in every battle against a major Team Plasma member (Ghetsis, Colress, Black Kyurem, etc.).

It also thinks that it has to become an Aura Guardian. Therefore, it must learn Force Palm ASAP, and keep it until it can learn Aura Sphere, and keep Aura Sphere, as those are standard Aura moves. It also must know one of Dark Pulse (learned at the move relearner in the PWT) or Heal Pulse, so that it can keep its variety of Aura techniques in use.

It also must behave honorably. That means no using super-effective moves, that would be exploiting a weakness, dishonorable fighting (except against Team Plasma, because defeating evil is even more important). Also, no using status moves that harm the foe (Swords Dance and the like are fine, and so is Heal Pulse, but Toxic and the like are not), that would be trickery.

To evolve into a Lucario, it must defeat 10 pokemon with NVE moves. Once it evolves, it may not fight any Poison, Dark, Rock, or Bug types (except those owned by Team Plasma) because it is dishonorable to fight a foe whose STAB can't harm you.

Last edited:
Squilliams7008 take Future the Wingull. The first Wingull you catch will be special as it has two lots in life: Air or Sea. It doesn't yet know what its future will hold so to realize its future, it must solo Winona's Pelipper as a Wingull to evolve. Upon evolving, it must make the choice to become either fully Air or fully Sea. As a Pelipper, it must be renamed to either Air or Sea as soon as possible and choose only one of either Water- or Flying-type moves to have for the rest of the game. As all choices have implications, Pelipper will have the following restrictions based on its choice.

Air must have Fly and use it once against every other Flying type it faces. It must also solo all of the Elite Four's and Champion's Flying types: Drake's Altaria and Salamence, and Wallace's Gyarados).

Sea must have Surf and one other Water-type move and may only use Surf if it has first moved its other Water-type move. It also must solo the Elite Four's Water-types (but not Wallace): Sidney's Crawdaunt, Glacia's Sealeos and Walrein, and Drake's Kingdra.

Let me know if this is too difficult or tricky with the other solo restrictions you have.

Squilliams7008 take Future the Wingull. The first Wingull you catch will be special as it has two lots in life: Air or Sea. It doesn't yet know what its future will hold so to realize its future, it must solo Winona's Pelipper as a Wingull to evolve. Upon evolving, it must make the choice to become either fully Air or fully Sea. As a Pelipper, it must be renamed to either Air or Sea as soon as possible and choose only one of either Water- or Flying-type moves to have for the rest of the game. As all choices have implications, Pelipper will have the following restrictions based on its choice.

Air must have Fly and use it once against every other Flying type it faces. It must also solo all of the Elite Four's and Champion's Flying types: Drake's Altaria and Salamence, and Wallace's Gyarados).

Sea must have Surf and one other Water-type move and may only use Surf if it has first moved its other Water-type move. It also must solo the Elite Four's Water-types (but not Wallace): Sidney's Crawdaunt, Glacia's Sealeos and Walrein, and Drake's Kingdra.

Let me know if this is too difficult or tricky with the other solo restrictions you have.
Shiny Dratini, I would like to use this, but I have another 'mon who needs to solo Winona (Kamikaze the Voltorb). If you would be willing to change it just a bit I would be more than happy to accept it.

Update time!

So I eventually find a male Abra after about 10 tries with only regular pokeballs. I realize I could have held off on catching one until later but I wanted to get a head start on switch training Asp so he would have enough levels to solo Maylene later. The only problem now is that Simba has been KOing all the wild pokemon and has reached level 15 already, learning Spark for some a decent STAB.

I move on, using Tellus as much as possible. I'm able to fulfill his requirement to have four moves of different types by teaching him Rock Smash, which is a sweet move at this point in the game, although I'm sure I'll regret not being able to delete it. Tellus also learned Razor Leaf at 13 allowing him to steamroll the gym. He only got hit once, by Roark's Crainidos, and evened up his levels with Simba for the effort.

I backtrack to beat up on some grunts and make it through to Floaroma Town, with Simba learning Bite at level 17 along the way. Yay! she doesn't have to solo all the pokemon anymore, she just has to... lead the party... seriously? Wow, Simba just loves being in the limelight, doesn't she? At least it's only for a few levels. Tellus also gets to level 17 and learns Curse. Beware, my mighty Curse + Quick Claw strategy. I get to Mars at the Valley Windworks, which Tellus has to solo, so I decide to evolve him quickly before the battle. I go back to Mars as a Grotle, and boy did I need that evolution. Tellus barely gets through alive with 6HP, after my Quick Claw fails to activate when I need it most. I was really surprised Mars' Zubat knew Toxic! Way too early in the game for that, in my opinion. Either way, the solo is done and Team Galactic leaves to go fight somewhere else.

Tellus the Grotle, Lv. 19
@ Quick Claw
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Jolly
- Tackle
- Curse
- Razor Leaf
- Rock Smash
Comments: Definite MVP this time around, essentially soloing all the trainers and Gym in Oreburgh, as well as coming through clutch against Mars.

Simba the Shinx, Lv. 18
@ nothing
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Rash
- Tackle
- Bite
- Charge
- Spark
Comments: It's been a bit awkward having to switch so much between her solo and leading restrictions, especially with Asp not being able to do anything, but she is nice and powerful and KO'd a lot of random trainer's pokemon.

Asp the Abra, Lv. 13
@ nothing
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Careful
- Teleport
-
-
-
Comments: LVP by default, really. It's a pain to switch train Asp, although it will hopefully be worth it once my team gets past Maylene.

Reminding everybody that I still need a starter for my scramble.
Here is my contribution: Chameleon the Treecko (not to be confused with Charmeleon). As a creature that adapts to its environment, every time it is sent out, it must start with a move that varies depending on how many gyms you've cleared.
  • 0: Pound
  • 1: Rock Tomb
  • 2: Pursuit
  • 3: Screech
  • 4: Fury Cutter
  • 5: Façade
  • 6: Aerial Ace
  • 7: Secret Power
  • 8: Protect
However, as much as it is able to adapt, it is rather forgetful, so after you clear a gym, it must forget the previous move it had to start with (after Gym 1, delete Pound for Rock Tomb; after Gym 2, delete Rock Tomb for Pursuit; after Gym 3, delete Pursuit for Screech; and so on and so forth).

Another trait that defines Chameleon is that it is rather competitive. This means three things:
  1. It cannot be the lowest-leveled member of your party.
  2. It must solo all Kecleon you encounter, no exceptions.
  3. As an homage to the XY ability Competitive, after you reach Verdanturf (where you can buy X Special), every time one or more of Chameleon's stats is reduced in some way, you must use one X Special on it. (Under no other circumstances can you use X items on Chameleon.)
Note: there may be some niche scenarios in which Rule 3 forces you to infinitely use X Special. If this ever happens, you may violate the rule to escape the loop.

As a final restriction, it must solo every Trainer in every variant of the Trick House to show that it shall not be bested in the field of trickery.

OPTIONAL: Being competitive also means that Chameleon has a feud with your rival's starter. So, if the task is not too difficult, Chameleon must solo your rival's starter at every encounter.

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)