Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, someone could give it Technician and a few other moves that could be powered up with it.
That'd work too yeah.

But just to show how much it needs more moves, Unfezant's only viable offensive moves are Return, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, U-Turn and Night Slash.

it's actually the only Normal-Flying that has wish, so maybe a bulky cleric set could work.

That'd work too yeah.

But just to show how much it needs more moves, Unfezant's only viable offensive moves are Return, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, U-Turn and Night Slash.

it's actually the only Normal-Flying that has wish, so maybe a bulky cleric set could work.
If we gave it Defog it would be a lovely sort of cleric too.

Unfezant has a poor movepool but on the special side it has Heat Wave and if we give it Technician, HP becomes 90 power. Maybe if we give it a big SpA boost it could be a decent mixed attacker? Like 50 SpA would put it at 115/115, then give it more speed. Patch up its bulk too, 80/80/55 could be a lot better.

From its name and the pokedex ("Males swing their head plumage to threaten opponents.") I could see Intimidate working for it.

Last edited:
Yet another bulky Psychic in Musharna. Do you think a Sleep equivalent of Static (subject to Sleep Clause of course) would be broken?

For the other Simis, part of me wants the three to be parallel, but I'm not a big fan of the Simisage one already there. For example, I don't know how Simisear could be anything but a worse Infernape/Blaziken with that stat spread.

Yet another bulky Psychic in Musharna. Do you think a Sleep equivalent of Static (subject to Sleep Clause of course) would be broken?

For the other Simis, part of me wants the three to be parallel, but I'm not a big fan of the Simisage one already there. For example, I don't know how Simisear could be anything but a worse Infernape/Blaziken with that stat spread.
Probably not too broken assuming it's the same as others - 30% of causing status on contact.

I actually have a different ability in mind.
Dream Mist: When this Pokemon uses Rest, it gainst +2 SpA and causes the Mist effect (Mist prevents stat drops and affects the team for 5 turns).

It might need to raise defenses or allow you to attack while asleep too, because I'm afraid something with a mediocre typing won't live long enough to take advantage of it. Maybe it can reduce damage like Filter, but only activate while asleep?

Last edited:
Probably not too broken assuming it's the same as others - 30% of causing status on contact.

I actually have a different ability in mind.
Dream Mist: When this Pokemon uses Rest, it gainst +2 SpA and causes the Mist effect (Mist prevents stat drops and affects the team for 5 turns).

It might need to raise defenses or allow you to attack while asleep too, because I'm afraid something with a mediocre typing won't live long enough to take advantage of it. Maybe it can reduce damage like Filter, but only activate while asleep?
I submitted a similar ability with my Snorlax (50% increases in defenses when asleep). Musharna would probably make a decent user of it.

Either that, or, as a more trollish ability, how about dream mist effectively increases your evasion by one while asleep (since the opponent can't see through its mist while asleep)?

Or that one suggested for Cresselia where you can still choose moves while asleep. I thought it'd have been too broken on that Cress because it could have gone mono-attacking with its added Fairy typing and 125 Special Attack, but with Musharna it should be fine.

I still want it to raise SpA, essentially making it the definition of bulky offense. So here's what it might look like.

Dream Mist: When this Pokemon uses Rest, it gainst +2 SpA and causes the Mist effect. It also takes half damage while asleep.

That way it can also switch in and absorb sleep. But it doesn't get the SpA boost when an opponent puts it to sleep.
Maybe it should be +1 SpA each turn you're asleep, instead?

Last edited:
Yeah I think using moves while asleep is great for Musharna. Essentially makes Rest the best recovery move in the game for it; full HP recovery + status block for 2 turns.

For Simisear and Simipour, we should make them like Simisage: Add Fighting, make ability Limber, add 30 speed some offenses differing for each one. Simisage gains 30 Atk and 40 SpA so Simisear should get 35 each and Simipour gets 40 Atk, 30 SpA. All get no new moves.

This might be thinking too far ahead, but what will we do with Darmanitan? How will Zen Mode be handled? I'd love to make an ability like Stance Change where a special attack or status move turns you into Zen Mode and a physical move turns you back.

This might be thinking too far ahead, but what will we do with Darmanitan? How will Zen Mode be handled? I'd love to make an ability like Stance Change where a special attack or status move turns you into Zen Mode and a physical move turns you back.
I was thinking the exact same thing for that: a stance change between a 105/180/75/40/75/105 regular and a 105/40/125/180/125/65 Zen Mode one would be pretty cool.

If that's not feasible to code, I was thinking a more physical Fire/Psychic that gets Zen Headbutt and an ability that gives a Metronome boost from alternating Fire and Psychic type attacks.

If I'd been around for Simisage, I'd have recommended an ability called Epicurean for the three of them where at the beginning of each turn it consumes a random berry from some subset of the competitively relevant ones (with a possible restriction like only working for the first three turns it's out or including a certain number of useless berries to decrease the odds of getting a +1 stat berry).

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright sorry I'm late, again, but here are the results

Emboar: Mczatar
Mega Emboar
Type: Fire/Fighting -> Fire/Fighting
Ability: Blaze/Reckless -> Rock Head
110/123/65/100/65/65 528 -> 110/163(+40)/90(+25)/130(+30)/80(+15)/55(-10) 628
New Moves: Eruption

Slower but packs more power :3
Also, this thing looks like it has a rock head, so why not?

Liepard: Mega Mantine
Liepard (Liepardite)
Type: Dark -> Dark
Abilities: Limber, Unburden (Prankster) -> Sneaky (Dark-type attacks gain +1 priority. Even Sucker Punch, which goes up to +2)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Thunderbolt

HP: 64 -> 64
Atk: 88 -> 113 (+25)
Def: 50 -> 60 (+10)
SpA: 88 -> 113 (+25)
SpD: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Spe: 106 -> 136 (+30)
BST: 446 -> 546

Set up with Prankster, whether SD or NP, and sweep.

Stoutland: Isa Simple
Mega Stoutland
Normal ---> Normal
Intimidate / Sand Rush / Scrappy ---> Overcoat
(was thinking Fur Coat, but Intimidate into Fur Coat would just be a massive middle finger to just about every physical attacker).
85/110/90/45/90/80 ---> 85/130/115/45/120/105
New Moves: Waterfall

Just got back from a holiday so I'm too tired to do the whole slate but I've owned a couple Schnauzers in the past so felt that I had to Stoutland.

Overcoat because look at that things coat. Also makes sense as it says it rescues people from blizzards and it has Sand Rush so I'm assuming it rescues people from sand storms as well. Sandstorm and Hail immunity is just a nice thing to have on a bulky attacker who lacks reliable recovery and can therefore be warn down easily.
Waterfall I don't really see as too much of a stretch as it also says Stoutland rescues people from the sea.
(is there anywhere the dog can't rescue people from?) The reason I wanted to add it was so that Stoutland could abuse Overcoat further by taking on Hippodon and Tyranitar.
As for the Spread I just figured that Stoutland looked far to big and fluffy to not have some better defensive stats, so I fixed that.
(He looks like a freaking Walrein!)

Watchog: Mega Mantine
Watchog (Watchogite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Ghost
Abilities: Illuminate, Keen Eye (Analytic) -> Frisk
New Moves: Glare, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak

HP: 60 -> 60
Atk: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Def: 69 -> 90 (+21)
SpA: 60 -> 60
SpD: 69 -> 90 (+21)
Spe: 77 -> 110 (+33)
BST: 420 -> 520

Unique typing with one weakness, great speed, a useful ability and STAB priority. All this mitigates Watchog's poor stats and gives it a niche of sorts.

This post starts the submission period for Simipour, Simisear, Musharna, and Unfezant

I must be doing bad XD, hopefully now i'll bring something good :)

Type: Normal/Flying -> Flying
Ability: Big Pecks/Super Luck/Rivalry -> No Guard
New Moves: Focus Blast

HP: 80 -> 80
Attack: 115 -> 125 (+10)
Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 65 -> 125 (+60)
Sp. Def: 55 -> 55 (+0)
Speed: 93 -> 113 (+20)

No missing with Focus Blast/Heat Wave/Air Cutter etc. Outspeeds many things, can be mixed attacker. Also only Flying type cuz we have only 1 of those and now it resist Fighting (loses ghost immune but watever :O)

Mega Simisear
Typing: Fire ----> Fire/Psychic
Abilities: Gluttony/Blaze ----> Thick Fat
BST: 75/98/63/98/63/101 ----> 75/98/108/138/108/71
New Moves: Slack Off, Psychic, Psyshock

With Mega Simisage being a Grass/Dark type, and the fact that the Simi monkeys are supposed to be a trio, I made Mega Simisear a Fire/Psychic type (because Fire/Fighting types are more common that I would've preferred). Thick Fat helps a little bit when it comes to taking common Fire or Ice type moves, which when combined with Mega Simisear's new 75/108/108 bulk makes it quite tanky. Mega Simisear also gets reliable recovery in Slack Off, so it'd be harder to be chipped down.

Mega Musharna
Typing: Psychic ----> Psychic
Abilities: Forewarn/Synchronize/Telepathy ----> Dream Stealer (recovers 1/16 HP from sleeping opponents every turn)
BST: 116/55/85/107/95/29 ----> 116/55/133/117/134/32
New Moves: Spore

Like my submission for Cresselia, Mega Musharna possesses an dream-related ability. Dream Stealer gives Mega Musharna a way to both gradually cut down its opponent's health while recovering itself, and Spore (flavor wise, the spores are from the mist sprouting from Musharna's forehead) Gives it a reliable way to induce sleep. Of course, Toxic can still be used for larger damage in shorter time. The added bulk makes it even harder for foes to break through, and Mega Musharna can use Calm Mind somewhat better with its slightly higher Sp.Atk and Spore.

Mega Simisear
Typing: Fire ----> Fire/Psychic
Abilities: Gluttony/Blaze ----> Thick Fat
BST: 75/98/63/98/63/101 ----> 75/98/108/138/108/71
New Moves: Slack Off, Psychic, Psyshock

With Mega Simisage being a Grass/Dark type, and the fact that the Simi monkeys are supposed to be a trio, I made Mega Simisear a Fire/Psychic type (because Fire/Fighting types are more common that I would've preferred). Thick Fat helps a little bit when it comes to taking common Fire or Ice type moves, which when combined with Mega Simisear's new 75/108/108 bulk makes it quite tanky. Mega Simisear also gets reliable recovery in Slack Off, so it'd be harder to be chipped down.

Mega Musharna
Abilities: Forewarn/Synchronize/Telepathy ----> Dream Stealer (recovers 1/16 HP from sleeping opponents every turn)
BST: 116/55/85/107/95/29 ----> 116/55/133/117/134/32
New Moves: Spore

Like my submission for Cresselia, Mega Musharna possesses an dream-related ability. Dream Stealer gives Mega Musharna a way to both gradually cut down its opponent's health while recovering itself, and Spore (flavor wise, the spores are from the mist sprouting from Musharna's forehead) Gives it a reliable way to induce sleep. Of course, Toxic can still be used for larger damage in shorter time. The added bulk makes it even harder for foes to break through, and Mega Musharna can use Calm Mind somewhat better with its slightly higher Sp.Atk and Spore.
Psst... Mega Simisage is Grass/Fighting. IMO they should all be Fighting - even though people hate Fire/Fighting we only have 3 of those. There are many more common type combos.

Mega Simisear
Type: Fire -> Fire/Dark
Ability: Gluttony/Blaze -> Insomnia
75/98/63/98/63/101 498 -> 75/138(+40)/63/128(+30)/63/131(+30) 598
New Moves: Flare Blitz

Keeping the trio a trio, And making Simisear a dark type to counter part Simisage fighting :D
Instead of Limber he gets Insomnia to make it a great anti sleeping pokemon :3
And at last, it get a better physical boost than special just to make a Fire/Dark pokemon who is physical :3

Mega Simipour
Type: Water -> Water/Psychic
Ability: Gluttony/Blaze -> Immunity
75/98/63/98/63/101 498 -> 75/98/100(+37)/134(+36)/100(+37)/91(-10) 598
New Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind

Keeping the trio a trio, And making Simipour a psychic type to counter part Simisage fighting :D
Instead of Limber he gets Immunity to make it a great anti stall pokemon :3
I made Simipour a more balanced pokemon, who is more defensive and slow, but can still hit hard :3

Mega Musharna
Type: Psychic -> Psychic/Dark
Ability: Forewarn/Synchronize/Telepathy -> Bad Dreams
116/55/85/107/95/29 487 -> 116/71(+16)/110(+25)/150(+43)/120(+25)/20(-9)
New Moves: Dark Void, Taunt, Dark Pulse

This pokemon gets a better use now with its new typing and moves :D
The x4 weakness to bug makes it easier to get rid of this thing :3

Mega Unfezant
Type: Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Ability: Big Pecks/Super Luck/Rivalry -> Natural Cure
80/115/80/65/55/93 488 -> 80/130(+15)/110(+30)/75(+10)/90(+35)/103(+10) 588
New Moves: Defog

Meet the real bird jesus :D
A cleric like design for the mega :3

Unfezant (Unfezantite)
Abilities: Big Pecks, Super Luck (Rivalry) -> Technician
New Moves: Defog, Vacuum Wave, Thief

Atk: 115 -> 130 (+15)
Def: 80 -> 80
SpA: 65 -> 105 (+40)
SpD: 55 -> 80 (+25)
Spe: 93 -> 113 (+20)
BST: 488 -> 588

Musharna (Musharnite)
Type: Psychic -> Psychic
Abilities: Forewarn, Synchronize (Telepathy) -> Dream Mist (When this Pokemon uses Rest, it gainst +2 SpA and causes the Mist effect. It also takes half damage while asleep)
New Moves: Thunderbolt

HP: 116 -> 116
Atk: 55 -> 55
Def: 85 -> 105 (+20)
SpA: 107 -> 147 (+40)
SpD: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Spe: 29 -> 29
BST: 487 -> 587

Simisear (Simisearite)
Type: Fire -> Fire/Fighting
Abilities: Gluttony (Blaze) -> Limber
New Moves: Close Combat, Aura Sphere

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 98 -> 133 (+35)
Def: 63 -> 63
SpA: 98 -> 133 (+35)
SpD: 63 -> 63
Spe: 101 -> 131 (+30)
BST: 498 -> 598

Simipour (Simipourite)
Type: Water -> Water/Fighting
Abilities: Gluttony (Torrent) -> Limber
New Moves: Close Combat

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 98 -> 138 (+40)
Def: 63 -> 63
SpA: 98 -> 128 (+30)
SpD: 63 -> 63
Spe: 101 -> 131 (+30)
BST: 498 -> 598

Last edited:

Abilities: Forewarn/Synchronize/Telepathy ----> Cursed Mist (At the end of the turn after switching or Mega Evolving, gives the Yawn effect to the opponent. Basically makes the opponent's Pokemon go to sleep at the end of the next turn after Mega Evolving or switching. Doesn't work if Mega Musharna faints on the turn it Mega Evolves or switches.)

BST: 116 / 55 / 85 / 107 / 95 / 29 ----> 116 / 70 / 105 / 140 / 105 / 51 ( -- / +15 / +20 / +33 / +10 / +22 )

New Moves: None

Mega Musharna gains several new things to play with. For starters, it gains major increases in Defense, Special Defense, and Special Attack stats, allowing it to take lots of damage while dealing a lot back. Its new ability, Cursed Mist, combined with its increased defensive stats, allows Mega Musharna to be a good defensive pivot. Although the Speed and Attack increases are mostly just dumps, the Speed increase allows Mega Musharna to outspeed things like Mega Aggron.

Last edited:

Abilities: Forewarn/Synchronize/Telepathy ----> Dream Fulfillment (+1 SpA and can choose moves while asleep)

BST: 116/55/85/107/95/29 ----> 116/65/110/142/125/29 (+10/+25/+35/+30/+0)

New Moves: None

I like the SpA boost while sleeping, but being so slow and requiring RestTalk to function makes it ripe Taunt bait. So, less of an offensive boost to make up for the extra moveslot Dream Fulfillment frees up that can now be Calm Mind or an expanded coverage option.

Mega Unfezant
Ability: Big Pecks/Super Luck/Rivalry -> Decoy (Enters the field with an intact Substitute)
New Moves: N/A
80/115/80/65/55/93
Attack: 115 -> 135 (+20)
Defense: 80 -> 105 (+25)
Sp. Atk: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Sp. Def: 55 -> 75 (+20)
Speed: 93 -> 113 (+20)
Total: 488 -> 588 (+100)

It's used to being hunted, so it comes prepared by throwing out a decoy first. Unfezant can now be quite annoying if it comes in on a status move thanks to the support options it gets like Wish, Taunt, and Tailwind. Thought Brave Bird would make it too strong, plus pheasants aren't known for dive-bombing their prey.

Last edited:
Mega Musharna
Typing: Psychic ----> Psychic/Poison
Abilities: Forewarn/Synchronize/Telepathy ----> Levitate
BST: 116/55/85/107/95/29 >>> 116/55/125(+40)/142(+30)/145(+50)/4(-25)
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Sludge Wave, Fire Blast

Concept: Mega Musharna produces a lot of gasses from its... head? Either way, it gets noxious with the aid of the stone and it really leaves the ground! It's one defensive creature that can make Cresselia feel inferior! 116/125/145 defenses will block things, and toxic immunity mixed with ground immunity is even better. Boosting helps it get power though psychic/poison is a bad lackluster STAB combo and its speed being less than Shuckle ensures you know exactly what order you attack in... Trick Room's best friend? Eh? Have I sold ya?

Last edited:
Unfezant (Unfezantite)
Abilities: Big Pecks, Super Luck (Rivalry) -> Technician
New Moves: Defog, Vacuum Wave, Thief

Atk: 115 -> 120 (+15)
Def: 80 -> 80
SpA: 65 -> 105 (+40)
SpD: 55 -> 80 (+25)
Spe: 93 -> 113 (+20)
BST: 488 -> 588

You've added 5 points instead of 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)