Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have Dragonite and you can try using Earth Power on Kyurem B so it can surprise Heatran. This will help your team as I assume your decently Heatran weak.
I know that you can run earth power on Kyurem-b, but can it tank a lava plume or fire blast?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know that you can run earth power on Kyurem-b, but can it tank a lava plume or fire blast?
It can take it decently well. You have to watch out for the burn though.
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 132-156 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- 24.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 160-189 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 219-258 (56 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 328-387 (83.8 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you're bothered about the damage, you can always run HP EV's and change the nature.

It can take it decently well. You have to watch out for the burn though.
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 132-156 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- 24.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 160-189 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 219-258 (56 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 328-387 (83.8 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you're bothered about the damage, you can always run HP IV's and change the nature.
Shoud'nt I have 31 HP IVS always lol?

Anyway, thanks for all your help ^_^

How did jirachi drop from an S-Rank poke in gen 5 too barely being usable in gen 6?

I know the steel nerf hurt it, but was it really that bad?

Last edited:
How did jirachi drop from an S-Rank poke in gen 5 too barely being usable in gen 6?

I know the steel nerf hurt it, but was it really that bad?
Aegislash really hurts it as it can't really do anything back besides fire punch which is dicked over by King's Shield. Having the entire meta have carry earthquake to prepare for Aegislash really doesnt help it either. The steel nerf really hit it hard since that ghost and dark neutrality becomes weaknesses. Bisharp really hurts jirachi as well. Electric types being immune to paralysis also hurts the paraflinch set as well since Thundy-I is everywhere. Talonflame also really wails on it with Flare Blitz.

In a nutshell, the entire gen 6 meta really doesnt like poor Jirachi

Can someone suggest me a good Smeargle set for using Sticky Web (since it's outclassed when it comes to other hazards)?
Pretty sure Galvantula does a better job at that.

This is the set id probably use:
Sticky Web
Dark Void/Spore
Destiny Bond/Baton Pass
King Shield

The thing with smeargle is that you can run any move that supports the team and still do fine.

Can someone suggest me a good Smeargle set for using Sticky Web (since it's outclassed when it comes to other hazards)?
If you insist on Smeargle,

Spore/Dark Void
Sticky Web
Memento/Baton pass (Memento might help as a suicide lead)
Stealth Rock/Taunt

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know its a bit gimimcky, but if I were to use a defensive azumarill similar to the one on Doughboy's stall team, would it be more practical to use sap sipper to check both charizard formes or thick fat to completely shut down zard X and other physical fire types? I certainly see merits for both.

I know its a bit gimimcky, but if I were to use a defensive azumarill similar to the one on Doughboy's stall team, would it be more practical to use sap sipper to check both charizard formes or thick fat to completely shut down zard X and other physical fire types? I certainly see merits for both.
I would personally vote for Thick Fat unless the rest of your team isn't well prepare for Zard-Y already. Even with Sap Sipper, Zard-Y can still manage a 2HKO 60% of the time with Sun Fire Blast, while Azumarill can't 2HKO back without SR (might not manage even with) if it's fully bulk focused. More reliably stopping S-Ranked Zard-X seems more valuable than shakily checking both forms.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would personally vote for Thick Fat unless the rest of your team isn't well prepare for Zard-Y already. Even with Sap Sipper, Zard-Y can still manage a 2HKO 60% of the time with Sun Fire Blast, while Azumarill can't 2HKO back without SR (might not manage even with) if it's fully bulk focused. More reliably stopping S-Ranked Zard-X seems more valuable than shakily checking both forms.
Thanks for the input :]

How do you know when certain Pokémon is lowered to certain tier. For example Blissey was in OU, but it was later lowered to UU. Why nobody told me that? How do you keep up with those things?

I have a flawless, japanese ditto that I was told is legit,it was allegedly RNG abused in BW. Is this possible? If so,would I be able to breed it with another flawless in X and Y to eventually produce a shiny flawless offspring? I don't want to try and do something that would get me in trouble here, which is why I would love for this question to be answered.

I have a flawless, japanese ditto that I was told is legit,it was allegedly RNG abused in BW. Is this possible? If so,would I be able to breed it with another flawless in X and Y to eventually produce a shiny flawless offspring? I don't want to try and do something that would get me in trouble here, which is why I would love for this question to be answered.
Gamefreak will literally call the police on you if you do that.

No you're fine, it will be impossible to determine if the offspring is the child of a hacked/RNGed parent.

You can always just be honest when you trade mons here. Many people do not actually care whether the pokemon is hacked, only whether it is legal. There are, however, many people who do not want any hacked pokemon. So you should be upfront about any possible hacks (which is why there is a general rule that whenever you trade you always give the so-called "origin story" of the mon).

I personally don't see what the big deal is about hacked, legal pokemon, but whatever. The Pokemon Bank already checks whether a pokemon has a legal combination of ability, moves, and IV/EV. It also checks for some event pokemon. But a lot of the "hacks" you see on the wifi forum here, other than straight up illegal pokemon, are just pokemon who have illegal combinations of purely cosmetic features, like shiny event pokemon or something. (There are also some caveats about which Natures are allowed on flawless pokemon in gen4 and gen5. Surprisingly, not every caught flawless pokemon can have any Nature.)

The only possible way to tell if a mon is the offspring of a hacked parent, IIRC, is whether the Poke Ball inherited from the mother (?) is a legal combination. Anything else like shininess, ability, movesets, etc. is automatically legal since it was bred in-game.

Thanks for the answers you two!

I really wanted to try breeding some of the newer generation shinies, like froakie and furfrou, because yes they do have some pretty amazing looking shinies and I'd love to have them as my own, but if I ever did end up getting one and decided to trade them one day on here I wouldn't want to be instantly banned from wifi or something because I was being ignorant about it. Thank you again, I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)