RU Eelektross

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!

"Bbbzzzt! Bbbzzzt! Bbbzzzt!"

Overview
########
Eelektross boasts a base 115 Attack stat backed up with a base 105 Special Attack stat. Combined with its offensive presence, Eelektross's above-average defenses let it function as an offensive pivot, tanking hits against moderately strong opponents and dishing damage back. Its pure Electric typing and Levitate ability provide it no weakness to any Pokemon type. Unfortunately for Eelektross, its crippling Speed makes it very challenging to use, as it will usually get outsped by most threats in RU, which can either status or KO it.

Assault Vest
########
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Knock Off / Acid Spray
move 2: Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Flamethrower
ability: Levitate
item: Assault Vest
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
nature: Quiet / Modest

Moves
========
Thunderbolt is Eelektross’s strongest STAB move, great for KOing Sharpedo, and Yanmega, as well as 2HKOing Alomomola. Alternatively, Volt Switch lets Eelektross pivot to a teammate better-suited for the threat in front of it, but be careful, if the enemy is faster than Eelektross, it might kill Eelektross before it deals enough damage. Flamethrower allows Eelektross to check nasty Grass-, Steel-, and Bug-types such as Escavalier, Durant, and Amoonguss. Giga Drain not only hurts physically defensive Ground-types such as Rhyperior and Dugtrio, but it also gives Eelektross a form of recovery. Knock Off is fantastic for removing opponents' items, particularly Eviolites, Assault Vests, and Life Orbs, items Pokemon such as Doublade, Slowking, and Meloetta use.Acid Spray allows Eelektross to check Fairy-types such as Aromatisse and Slurpuff and makes specially defensive enemies more susceptible to special attacks. Volt Switch takes advantage of this drop as no Pokemon is going to want to stay in against Eelektross with -2 Special Defense.

Set Details
========
Eelektross needs to maximize its HP and Special Attack to allow it to pivot around. With a Quiet nature, Eelektross can capitalize on its great Special Attack. An Assault Vest gives Eelektross a big boost in Special Defense, letting it tank hits from the likes of Meloetta and Moltres. Alternatively, an Expert Belt gives Eelektross an opportunity to increase its damage output.
If not running Knock Off, the 4 EVs in Attack can be moved to Special Defense, with a Modest nature.

Usage Tips
========
Eelektross functions as an offensive pivot, switching in and out throughout a match and applying pressure with Volt Switch chip damage and the threat of a strong damaging move. Use Acid Spray to convince your opponent to switch out their Pokemon or take more damage than normal. Should Eelektross suffer from a status confliction, Volt Switch to a cleric such as Aromatisse.To maintain offensive pressure, switch to a sweeper such as Hitmonlee or Doublade. Don't let Eelektross stay in against hard-hitting opponent, especially against Sawk, which threatens Eelektross with Earthquake.

Team Options
========
As an offensive pivot, it’s recommended to have a cleric ready in case Eelektross is damaged or statused. Aromatisse and Lickilicky are great partners for Eelektross because they provide both Wish support and Heal Bell support. Hazard setters are also very useful, as Eelektross will cause opponents to switch in and out repeatedly, getting great residual damage for teammates to sweep on. Rhyperior and Bronzong can set up Stealth Rock while Qwilfish can also set up Spikes or Toxic Spikes and switch out to Eelektross to avoid excessive damage. Rapid Spinners and Defoggers are very useful since Eelektross will be constantly switching in and out around a lot. Hitmontop and Moltres work well, as Hitmontop has Intimidate for weakening opponents and can spin off any hazards, while Moltres is relatively fast, allowing it to eliminate Spikes.

Other Options
########
Eelektross has access to an array of moves, including a deadly physical and special arsenal. Dragon Tail is one of Eelektross’s best options in conjunction with Toxic or entry hazards. Dragon Claw is also great for tackling Druddigon and Tyrantrum. Hidden Power Ice may also be useful for hitting Dragon-types. Flash Cannon can work well with Acid Spray to take out Aromatisse and Whimsicott. Eelektross can also utilize Discharge over Thunderbolt for a higher chance of paralysis in exchange of power. Charge Beam can gradually increase Eelektross's Special Attack. If Eelektross wishes to set up, it can also use Coil to buff its Attack, Defense, and some more powerful moves' shaky Accuracy, enabling it to use Rock Slide and Zap Cannon. Eelektross can also utilize Drain Punch for recovery or Aqua Tail, which can help against pesky Ground-types such as Rhyperior and Dugtrio, with Coil to become a setup sweeper. Eelektross has a variety of options in terms of item selection. It can run Choice Specs or Choice Band to hit like a missile, or a Life Orb in order to avoid being locked into a move at the cost of some of its health. Eelektross can run Leftovers as well in order to recover HP, which can help tremendously, considering its limited recovery.

Eelektross can also opt to run a physically offensive Assault Vest set with an Adamant nature. This would use Thunder Punch as a STAB move, U-turn as an alternative to Volt Switch, which can be blocked by Ground-types, Knock Off to take out Eviolites and Life Orbs, and Drain Punch to help it recover. Aqua Tail could be used over Drain Punch to take out pesky Ground-types such as Rhyperior and Dugtrio. With an Adamant nature spiking its Attack stat, Eelektross can become a strong physically offensive pivot.

Checks & Counters
########
**Sawk**: Due to its access to Mold Breaker, Sawk can take out Eelektross out with an Earthquake. A Choice Banded Sawk is strong enough to OHKO offensive Eelektross, while other sets can 2HKO Eelektross.

**Hard Hitting Choice Band Users**: Emboar is strong enough to 2HKO Eelektross with Flare Blitz, leaving it severely damaged or knocked out. Escavalier can also cause it trouble thanks to its typing and high Attack.

**Druddigon**: Druddigon resists Electric-type attacks and can ruin setup sweeps with Dragon Tail. It also has great defenses, allowing it to take a hit and get rid of Eelektross if it becomes a major threat.

**Aromatisse**: Aromatisse is a strong wall that can take both physical and special attacks. It can tank a few special hits and inflict status on Eelektross. Aromatisse also resists moves such as Drain Punch and Knock Off and is immune to Dragon Tail. Aromatisse can stall Eelektross out with Toxic and pass Wishes to teammates as well.

**Status**: Thanks to its typing, Eelektross is immune to paralysis, however, status inflictions like burn or toxic are extremely detrimental to Eelektross. Burn damage causes Eelektross to lose its physical strength, making setup pointless. Toxic can slowly KO Eelektross, shortening its longevity.

Last edited:
I know this is WIP, so I'm sorry if I go ahead of things, but as I asked in the UU analysis of Eelektross, what's the point of Assault Vest? I get it that it's easier to switch Eelektross into stuff, and thus check them somewhat, but mono-Electric has very poor resistances, which is imo a more pressing issue than the fact Eelektross doesn't happen to have weaknesses. The only notable resistances Eelektross has are Flying and other Electric-types, but due to mono-typing and lack of Ground-moves, Eelektross still has a bad matchup against most Electric-types, since he is so slow. Flying resistance is nice, since you can check Flying-types a bit better doe to their weakness to Eelektross' STAB, but all Flying-types have a second STAB, and Eelektross doesn't like to take those (e.g. Moltres' Fire Blast, Yanmega's Bug Buzz). Also, Eelektross has a hard time recovering health from those strikes, and doesn't have all that impressing bulk even with Assault Vest. If QC thinks AV Eelektross is legit, then it is, but I prob wouldn't use AV on Eelektross myself.

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Where is acid spray. Also why do you have random physical move on special set?
Uhhhhhhh, volt switch/knock off aren't there for the damage, volt switch is to get out and knock off is obviously to knock off their item, and eelektross has good mixed offensive stats. acid spray is also bad

CrushinDefeat

In regards to both comments, Timpsu Assault Vest is the second most used item on Eelektross for good reason, it gives it a much needed lift in its Special Defense so Eelektross can go out with heavy special attacks or focus on other areas. At the end of the day bulk is still bulk. Water Drone , I don't know if you're serious or trolling around but Knock Off is one of the best moves around this generation, Eelektross can run as a Mixed Attacker so Knock Off is pretty viable in case you want to take out an opponents item.

Fair enough, if AV stays, it stays. However, I would like U-turn to have atleast a strong Moves mention. U-turn helps maintaining momentum against Ground-types, and since Eelektross has decent mixed stats, U-turn gives good chip damage aswell.

Specially based mons dont run knock off just cus they can. I know eelektross can be mixed but i didnt think it was worth it when you're fully invested in Special Attack on that set. Thanks for thinking im "trolling around" btw. Also skitty you're wrong acid spray has its uses, and allows Eelektross to break walls and possibly VS into another special attacker, to finish off that mon.

CrushinDefeat

Specially based mons dont run knock off just cus they can. I know eelektross can be mixed but i didnt think it was worth it when you're fully invested in Special Attack on that set. Thanks for thinking im "trolling around" btw. Also skitty you're wrong acid spray has its uses, and allows Eelektross to break walls and possibly VS into another special attacker, to finish off that mon.
Then let me apologize, Its not my intention to say that but I was confused as to why you felt that Knock Off wouldn't be viable, I'll probably re adjust stats around, with a bit of an investment in Attack, however its not bad to have just in case, secondly, I agree with you in regards to Acid Spray, however, its not the best move around its some what good, but is less common from what I've seen. Its got a very good effect but like I said its become less common.

Ok, Assault Vest set should look like this imo:

Assault Vest Special
########
move 1:Knock Off/Acid Spray
move 2:Volt Switch
move 3:Giga Drain
move 4:Flamethrower
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA | 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
nature: Quiet/Modest

Knock Off/Flamethrower/Giga Drain/Volt Switch is the set I've been running. Knock Off is your strongest move Vs. bulky Sp Def mons like AV Slowking, Delphox, Meloetta etc. as well as useful for knocking off Eviolites and Life Orbs. Acid Spray can be used over it however, since it also will allow you to bypass Special Walls, and Acid Spray and Volt Switch allow for easy momentum since no pokemon is gonna wanna stay in against Eelektross with -2 Sp Def. The only pokemon immune to Acid Spray are Steel types which take a lot from flamethrower anyway. I prefer Giga Drain to Grass Knot since Grass Knots power is not guaranteed to be higher (though it usually is) and more importantly it allows Eelektross a form of recovery which it sorely lacks with Assault Vest. Even if they switch to pokemon that resists Giga Drain you slowly but surely begin to get back to a healthy range, allowing you to Check more Special Attackers later in the match. Flame is staple for smacking around Grass and Steel types like Escavalier, Cobalion and Amoonguss. Thunderbolt isn't necessary on this set imo since Volt Switch is only a bit less powerful and can help you gain momentum after you force things out or the opponent switches to their Special Wall.

There's also the option to run Physically based Assault Vest

Assault Vest Physical
move 1:U-Turn
move 2:Knock Off
move 3:Thunder Punch
move 4:Aqua Tail/Drain Punch
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
nature: Adamant

This set works off of Eelektross' higher base 115 Atk, making Knock Off seriously hurt, Momentum with no immunity in U-Turn. STAB Thunderpunch and then either Aqua Tail in the last slot to nail Rhyperior, Roosting Moltres etc. or Drain Punch for some recovery and to hit Steel types super effectively. Probably doesn't deserve its own set but could get a mention in OO or set comments.

Mention that since AV sets lack reliable recovery, Wish and Cleric support are very appreciated, so Aromatisse makes a good partner for it. Also resists Steel for it.

For the Coil set There's no reason to run a -Speed nature if Eelektross isn't going mixed so make that Adamant. Also i think you said Gliscor instead of Gligar.

I might add more later.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
move thunderbolt to the end of moves on AV, as it wasn't listed on the set.

Only have the second spread for Coil, remove the u-turn slash, otherwise it isn't coil, remove SpA from EVs and stick with adamant

I'm not sure if that will get a set, so sorry, I can't QC this right now :/

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
  • Change the set name to "Assault Vest"
  • Why point out Sawk? Most physical attackers are p. dangerous to stay in on
  • Add Choice Specs and Choice Band to OO
  • Remove Acid Spray from OO as it's a secondary slash on the AV set
  • Just make sure you expand on Usage Tips and Team Options during writeup
Looks fine otherwise. Implement these changes and consider the Eel

QC Approved 2/3

k, so I've been wondering, why do you have 252 HP EVs on AV set instead of 252 SpD EVs? To put it in other words, I don't get what advantage you get from the additional physical bulk. You are obviously not switching in physical threats most of the time, since AV does nothing to help your physical bulk. Even if you can switch into some slow physical threats (Rhyperior, Escavalier), the extra physical bulk does nothing to help you beat them. I would suggest you run 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 SpD, because with that spread, you actually avoid 2HKO from Moltres' Fire Blast and Yanmega's Bug Buzz (both LO) when SR is factored in. I think that's a much better feat than you would accomplish with some investment in physical bulk.

k, so I've been wondering, why do you have 252 HP EVs on AV set instead of 252 SpD EVs? To put it in other words, I don't get what advantage you get from the additional physical bulk. You are obviously not switching in physical threats most of the time, since AV does nothing to help your physical bulk. Even if you can switch into some slow physical threats (Rhyperior, Escavalier), the extra physical bulk does nothing to help you beat them. I would suggest you run 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 SpD, because with that spread, you actually avoid 2HKO from Moltres' Fire Blast and Yanmega's Bug Buzz (both LO) when SR is factored in. I think that's a much better feat than you would accomplish with some investment in physical bulk.
Max Sdef
252+ SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Eelektross: 96-114 (30.8 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage
4 Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eelektross: 145-172 (46.6 - 55.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after hail damage

Max HP
252+ SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Eelektross: 126-148 (33.6 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage
4 Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eelektross: 145-172 (38.7 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage

Those calcs are mostly for sake of comparison but with max hp eelktross can sometimes switch in and scare out stuff like Escavalier and Doublade (and Rhyperior) pretty well and i think its more useful than avoiding the 2HKO from Moltres and Yanmega as Eelektross can check them well enough with max HP and barely living 2 hits at full is really not that useful on a pokemon that is worn down so easily

k, so actually the point of my post was that with the SpD EVs, Eelektross can switch into more things than it can with the HP EVs. With the HP EVs, you do take less damage from switching into things like Rhyperior, Escavalier, Doublade and Abomasnow's Wood Hammer (although, you didn't have SR mentioned in max. HP calcs, which I think will turn it to 2HKO, but not really important), but it doesn't change the fact that full SpD investment lets you switch into more things than max. HP does, the biggest threats being Moltres and Yanmega. As I see that the point of AV Eelektross is to be some sort of a "offensive pivot" (a concept I personally find flawed but w/e), so you should be able to give it as many switch-in chances as you possibly can in order for it to work to full extent.

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WEAKNESSES ARE FOR THE WEAK.
Additions
Removals
(Comments)
Overview
########
Its no wonder why Eelektross stepped up from NU to RU this generation. Eelektross not only boasts a whopping base 115 Base Attack, but also has a strong Special Attack stat, making it a very good pivot for attacking. Along with its shocking physical presence, Eelektross also has above average defenses to tank for tanking hits and come coming in against strong opponents. Eelektross is known for its having the ability Levitate, leaving it with allowing to have virtually no weaknesses, excluding in RU aside from Mold Breaker. Eelektross has access to a wide variety of moves both physical and special moves, allowing it to be either a physical or special attacker. However unfortunately Unfortunately for Eelektross, its crippling speed Speed makes it very challenging to use, as it will usually get outsped by most threats in RU, which can either status it or cause KO it to faint. Eelektross also lacks viable recovery except for outside of Giga Drain and Drain Punch which are its only moves for recovering HP back.

Assault Vest
########
move 1:Knock 1: Knock Off / Acid Spray
move 2:Volt 2: Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
move 3:Giga 3: Giga Drain
move 4:Flamethrower 4: Flamethrower
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA | 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD (this is almost the exact same anyway)
nature: Quiet / Modest

Moves
========
Naturally Thunderbolt is Eelektross’s strongest STAB move, not only having a chance to cause paralysisis, but its also great for KO'ing KOing Sharpedo, and Yanmega, and can 2HKO as well as 2HKOing Alomomola. Alternatively, Volt Switch can be used to make escapes while dealing additional damage towards to opponents,. However, however Eelektross has severely low speed Speed, so this is dependent of on the speed Speed of the other opposing Pokemon. Eelektross also has access to Flamethrower allowing it allows Eelektross to check nasty Grass-, Steel-,Bug-types Steel-, and Bug-types such as Escavalier, Durant, and Amoonguss. Because of Due to its lack of recovery, Giga Drain not only allows Eelektross to gain back its HP, but it also allows it to take out weak physically defensive Pokemon Ground-types such as Rhyperior and Dugtrio. Knock Off is fantastic to get for getting rid of opponents opponents' items and to punish punishing them with extra damage, especially against Assault Vest Slowking, Delphox, Meloetta;, as well as being useful for knocking off removing Eviolites and Life Orbs. Acid Spray can combat fairies Fairy-types such as Aromatisse and Slurpuff and can help break specially defensive walls. With Volt Switch, it allows allow for easy momentum, as since no Pokemon is gonna wanna going to want to stay in on against Eelektross with -2 Special Defense.

Set Details
========
Eelektross needs to maximize its HP and Special Attack to allow it to pivot around. With a Quiet nature, Eelektross capitalizes can capitalize on its great Special Attack. An Assault Vest not only allows Eelektross a big boost in Special Defense, letting it however it also allows Eelektross to tank shots hits from the likes of Meloetta or and Moltres. Alternatively running a 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD spread also works for helping Eelektross out with its Special Defense while still taking advantage of its HP and Special Attack. In addition to the spread a Modest nature gives Eelektross a huge boost in Special Attack, but hinders its Attack which is something to keep in mind when running Knock Off. Alternatively, an Expert Belt allows Eelektross to cause even more super effective damage against to opponents. If not running Knock Off, the the 4 EVs in Attack can be moved to Special Defense, with a Modest nature.

Usage Tips
========
Eelektross’s main role is that of an offensive pivot, often switching various times throughout a match and applying pressure against to the opponent with various switches that allow you to have keep the edge over the opponent. Acid Spray and Volt Switch are great in conjunction for forcing the opponent to switch out, giving you the opportunity to switch out with a Volt Switch or continue to hit an the switch-in with Acid Spray when the opponent switches out again. Its best to switch Eelektross out if it is status’ed statused, you need either to a cleric such as Aromatisse or towards to bulkier teammates such as Amoonguss, or into sweepers like to a sweeper such as Hitmonlee and or Doublade. Avoid hard-hitting Pokemon opponents, and switch out against Sawk, which can KO Eelektross with Earthquake.

Team Options
========
As an offensive pivot, it's its recommended to have clerics a cleric ready in case Eelektross is damaged or statused,. Aromatisse and Lickilicky are great for supporting teammates and Eelektross and other teammates. Hazard setters are also very useful, as Eelektross will cause opponents to switch in and out repeatedly, getting great residual damage for teammates to sweep on,. Rhyperior and Bronzong can set out up Stealth Rocks Rock while Qwilfish can also set up Spikes or Toxic Spikes and switch out to Eelektross to avoid excessive damage. Rapid Spinners and Defoggers are very useful since Eelektross will be moving around excessively a lot. Hitmontop and Moltres work well, as Hitmontop can usually has Intimidate for weakening opponents and can spin off any hazards, while Moltres is generally relatively speedy, allowing it to eliminate Spikes.

Other Options
########
Eelektross can has access to an array of moves, including allowing it to have a deadly physical and special arsenal. Dragon Tail is one of Eelektross’s best options in conjunction with Toxic or entry hazards. Dragon Claw is also great for tackling Druddigon and Tyrantrum. Hidden Power Ice may also be useful for hitting Dragon-types as well (you already used "also"). Flash Cannon can work well with Acid Spray to take out threats such as like Aromatisse and Whimsicott. Eelektross can also utilize Discharge over Thunderbolt to sacrifice power for a higher chance of paralysis. Charge Beam can be used to spike up Eelektross’s Special Attack, becoming gradually more gruesome the more it increases potent (I don't think "gruesome" really fits here). In case If Eelektross wishes to set up, it can set up with use Coil to buff its Attack, and Defense, and as well as increase its accuracy for moves such as Superpower, Rock Slide, and Zap Cannon. Eelektross can also utilize Drain Punch, to regain its health for recovery, and as well as Aqua Tail, which can help against pesky Ground-types such as Rhyperior and Dugtrio, with Coil to become a set up setup sweeper. Eelektross has a variety of options in terms of item selection. Its able to It can run Choice Specs and or Choice Band to hit as like a missile, alternatively it can also run or a Life Orb as opposed in order to avoid being locked into a move at the cost of some of its health. Eelektross can also run Leftovers as well in order to recover HP, which helps can help tremendously considering, its limited recovery. Eelektross can also be run as a physical physically attacking Assault Vest user with U-turn, Knock Off, Drain Punch / Aqua Tail, and Thunder Punch set as well. Eelektross can This would use Thunder Punch as a STAB move, U-turn as a solution an alternative to Volt Switch, which can be countered blocked by Ground-types, Knock Off allows it to take out Eviolites and Life Orbs, while and Drain Punch helps to help it recover. Aqua Tail is useful for taking could be used over Drain Punch to take out pesky Ground-types such as Rhyperior and Dugtrio. With an Adamant nature, not only spiking its Attack but capitalizing on its unparalleled attack power stat, Eelektross becomes can become a strong physically offensive pivot.

Checks & Counters
########
**Sawk**: Because of Due to its access to Mold Breaker, Sawk can take out Eelektross out with an Earthquake. A Choice Banded Sawk is strong enough to OHKO a non Defensive offensive Eelektross, while a regular Sawk other sets can 2HKO Eelektross.

**Hard Hitting Choice Banders Band Users**: Emboar is strong enough to 2HKO Eelektross with Flare Blitz, leaving it severely damaged or knocked out. Escavalier can also cause it trouble because of thanks to its typing and its strong high Attack.

**Druddigon**: Druddigon naturally resists Electric-type attacks. Druddigon and can also ruin set up setup sweeps with Dragon Tail. It also has great Defense and Special Defense defenses, allowing it to take a hit and get rid of Eelektross if it becomes a major threat.

**Aromatisse**: Armoatisse is a strong wall that can take both Physical Attacks physical and Special Attacks special attacks. It can tank a few special hits and inflict status inflictions on Eelektross. Aromatisse also resists moves like such as Drain Punch and Knock Off and is immune towards to Dragon Tail. Aromatisse can stall Eelektross out WishPassing with Toxic and pass Wishes to teammates or Toxic Stall Eelektross as well.

**Status Inflictions**: Thanks to its typing, Eelektross is immune to paralysis, however, status inflictions like Burn burn or Toxic toxic are extremely detrimental to Eelektross. Burn damage causes Eelektross to lose all its physical strength, making set ups setup pointless. Toxic can slowly kill KO Eelektross, making shortening its longevity in a match short.

GP approved 1/2

Last edited:

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
working with CrushinDefeat on IRC about this. temporary placeholder. will fill this post in with logs detailing changes.

<Andrew> let's do this
<Andrew> over IRC
<Andrew> sound good?
<CrushinDefeat> ight
<CrushinDefeat> sounds good to me dude
<Andrew> k
<Andrew> i don't like the overview
<Andrew> it's too much summarizing stats
<CrushinDefeat> oh
<Andrew> and not telling me
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<CrushinDefeat> lol
<CrushinDefeat> enough
<Andrew> what eel really does
<CrushinDefeat> about it
<CrushinDefeat> ah
<CrushinDefeat> its an offensive pivot
<Andrew> okay
<Andrew> you can mention Electric-typing and Levitate mean no weaknesses to common moves
<CrushinDefeat> common moves?
<Andrew> er
<Andrew> you know what i mean
<Andrew> no weaknesses
<Andrew> i'd probably mention mold breaker earthquakes in Counters
<Andrew> but you can also leave it in the Overview
<Andrew> Unfortunately for Eelektross, its crippling Speed makes it very challenging to use, as it will usually get outsped by most threats in RU, which can either status or KO it .
<Andrew> this is good to have in its overview.
<CrushinDefeat> didn't I write that?
<Andrew> yes
<Andrew> you did
<Andrew> leave that in there.
<Andrew> Eelektross boasts a base 115 Attack stat backed up with a base (whatever-it-is) Special Attack stat. Combined with its offensive presence, Eelektross's above-average defenses let it function as an offensive pivot, tanking hits against moderately strong opponents and dishing damage back.
<CrushinDefeat> adding
<Andrew> Its pure Electric typing combined with Levitate provides it no weakness to any Pokemon type.
<Andrew> Unfortunately for Eelektross, its crippling Speed makes it very challenging to use, as it will usually get outsped by most threats in RU, which can either status or KO it .
<Andrew> those 3 sentences
<Andrew> imo are enough.
<CrushinDefeat> hmm
<CrushinDefeat> I should take out the recovery sections?
<Andrew> for now
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<Andrew> i'll make a mental note of it
<Andrew> it looks like a bad way to end your overview
<Andrew> as something very specific with minimal transition into it.
<Andrew> viable recovery makes sense considering the main set is Assault Vest anyway.
<Andrew> er no viable recovery option*
<CrushinDefeat> Well thats why I added Giga Drain and Drain Punch
<Andrew> i'd probably mention that in counters
<CrushinDefeat> Can I leave it
<CrushinDefeat> the way it is?
<CrushinDefeat> atm
<Andrew> not like that because there isn't really much of a transition yet
<Andrew> between "can either status or KO it".
<Andrew> it sounds choppy.
<Andrew> it can still be incorporated into the overveiw
<CrushinDefeat> hm
<Andrew> edit the rest of the OP in first.
<CrushinDefeat> so what can I do then
<Andrew> Its no wonder why Eelektross stepped up from NU to RU this generation.
<Andrew> get rid of that
<Andrew> it's irrelevant
<Andrew> and is just a generic claim that has no importance to this analysis.
<CrushinDefeat> dang ok
<CrushinDefeat> lol
<Andrew> mence/chomp were banned in gen 4, but were allowed in gen 5
<CrushinDefeat> wait what?
<Andrew> i'm saying
<Andrew> as an argument
<Andrew> tier changes
<Andrew> don't matter
<CrushinDefeat> ahh
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<CrushinDefeat> Its just like
<CrushinDefeat> I wanna say something to start it
<CrushinDefeat> I hate it being so
<CrushinDefeat> boom
<Andrew> just jump right into it.
<Andrew> best way to do it
<CrushinDefeat> Ahh I hate that lol
<CrushinDefeat> I gotta get used to it
<Andrew> that's how i was taught to write essays in high school
<Andrew> fuck the bullshit and jsut get right into it.
<Andrew> Eelektross is known for having the ability Levitate, leaving it with virtually no weaknesses, excluding Mold Breaker.
<Andrew> personal preference on prose
<Andrew> but looking at the rest of the paragraph
<Andrew> "eelektross boasts"
<Andrew> "has access to"
<Andrew> it's more about what eel does
<Andrew> and tense-wise "is known for" is in passive tense
<Andrew> just say what it's known for
<Andrew> without saying "it's known for"
<Andrew> use the sentence i gave earlier

<Andrew> because you use Tbolt for its strongest move
<CrushinDefeat> so
<CrushinDefeat> get rid of paralysis section?
<Andrew> yeah
<Andrew> not to mention that's spelled wrong
<CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> Alternatively, Volt Switch can be used to make escapes while dealing additional damage to opponents. However, Eelektross has severely low Speed, so this is dependent on the Speed of the opposing Pokemon.
<Andrew> what are you trying to say here?
<Andrew> you use Volt Switch to pivot in/out to something else
<CrushinDefeat> yes
<Andrew> but what do you mean "dependent"
<Andrew> what is so dependent about this?
<CrushinDefeat> like
<CrushinDefeat> if the pokemon has higher speed
<CrushinDefeat> it can Outspeed
<CrushinDefeat> outpseed
<CrushinDefeat> and possibly KO
<CrushinDefeat> like its screwed if another Pokemon is faster
<Andrew> okay
<CrushinDefeat> and can take it out before it Volts out
<Andrew> I'd say that
<Andrew> Volt Switch lets Eelektross pivot to a teammate better-suited for the threat in front of it
<Andrew> , but be careful, if the enemy is faster than Eelektross, it might kill Eelektross before it deals enough damage.
<CrushinDefeat> ah
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<CrushinDefeat> added
<Andrew> Giga Drain not only hurts physically defensive Ground-types such as Rhyperior and Dugtrio, but it also gives Eelektross a form of recovery.
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> I don't see the volt switch sentence in there
<CrushinDefeat> check again
<CrushinDefeat> I have it in there
<Andrew> Knock Off is fantastic for getting rid of opponents' items and punishing them with extra damage, especially against Assault Vest Slowking, Delphox, Meloetta, as well as being useful for removing Eviolites and Life Orbs.
<Andrew> this is a very redundant sentence
<Andrew> you don't need to mention the extra damage punishment
<Andrew> because that really only lasts for one turn and isn't the main reason you use Knock Off
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<Andrew> it's to remove the items
<CrushinDefeat> Ill scrath it off
<CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> Knock Off is fantastic for removing opponents' items, particularly Eviolites, Life Orbs, and Assault Vests.
<Andrew> , items Pokemon such as (and hten list one pokemon that commonly runs each item)
<Andrew> idk what people use in RU
<CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> articularly Eviolites, Life Orbs, and Assault Vests, items Pokemon such as Slowking, Delphox, Meloetta use.
<Andrew> the first pokemon listed should be an eviolite user
<Andrew> the second pokemon listed should be a life orb user
<Andrew> and if meloetta is an assvester
<Andrew> that's fine
<Andrew> there's a concept called parallelism where you match everything up.
<Andrew> fuck
<CrushinDefeat> yo
<CrushinDefeat> sorry I dc'ed
<Andrew> ok
<Andrew> np
<Andrew> lol
<CrushinDefeat> lol
<Andrew> thought i lost you
<CrushinDefeat> no lol
<Andrew> okay
<CrushinDefeat> so
<CrushinDefeat> what was the last thing said
<CrushinDefeat> er
<Andrew> what did you get?
<Andrew> did you fix
<Andrew> the parallelism issue?
<CrushinDefeat> no
<CrushinDefeat> what was that again
<CrushinDefeat> cause
<CrushinDefeat> I Dc'ed
<CrushinDefeat> at the time
<Andrew> <CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> <CrushinDefeat> hey I'll brb
<Andrew> <Andrew> ok
<Andrew> <Andrew> hey as a heads up, i was afk for a mafia game so when I post these logs, please do not comment anything
<Andrew> <Andrew> if I edit them
<Andrew> <Andrew> to take out periods of inactivity.
<Andrew> <Andrew> articularly Eviolites, Life Orbs, and Assault Vests, items Pokemon such as Slowking, Delphox, Meloetta use.
<Andrew> <Andrew> the first pokemon listed should be an eviolite user
<Andrew> <Andrew> the second pokemon listed should be a life orb user
<Andrew> <Andrew> and if meloetta is an assvester
<Andrew> <Andrew> that's fine
<Andrew> <Andrew> there's a concept called parallelism where you match everything up.
<Andrew> <CrushinDefeat> back
<CrushinDefeat> ah ok
<CrushinDefeat> gotcha
<CrushinDefeat> lol
<CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> nobody ever says
<Andrew> "can combat"
<Andrew> i'm pretty sure that's incorrect usage of it
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<Andrew> thinking of a fix
<CrushinDefeat> I fixed it
<CrushinDefeat> give it a look
<Andrew> ok
<Andrew> now here
<Andrew> gramatticaly
<Andrew> the issue here is
<Andrew> tense maintenance
<Andrew> htere's a temr for it i can't think of it off the top fo my head
<Andrew> Acid Spray allows Eelektross to check Fairy-types such as Aromatisse and Slurpuff and can help break specially defensive walls.
<Andrew> if i'm using and
<Andrew> the tense on the left side should be the same as the tense on the right side
<CrushinDefeat> and helps
<CrushinDefeat> break
<CrushinDefeat> specially defensive walls?
<Andrew> alternatively
<Andrew> actually
<Andrew> might not be helps break
<Andrew> since the effect isn't guaranteed
<Andrew> right?
<Andrew> it's like a 50/50, right?
<CrushinDefeat> no
<CrushinDefeat> its 100%
<Andrew> oh
<Andrew> hmm
<Andrew> Acid Spray vulnerablizes?
<Andrew> idk what the word is
<CrushinDefeat> lol
<CrushinDefeat> I like it
<CrushinDefeat> but yeah
<CrushinDefeat> its a mouthful
<CrushinDefeat> neutralizes?
<Andrew> nah
<Andrew> you want weakens
<Andrew> or something like that
<CrushinDefeat> and weakens special defense walls
<Andrew> nah
<Andrew> weakens
<Andrew> isn't the right word
<Andrew> because
<Andrew> that implies
<Andrew> they can't hit you back
<Andrew> as well
<Andrew> iyou want to emphasize weaker defenses
<Andrew> but with one word
<Andrew> i can't think of it
<CrushinDefeat> lowers?
<Andrew> nah
<CrushinDefeat> er not lowers
<CrushinDefeat> lol
<CrushinDefeat> disintegrates?
<Andrew> lol
<Andrew> nah
<Andrew> hm
<Andrew> i think
<Andrew> susceptible
<Andrew> is the ebst word
<Andrew> i can think of
<Andrew> or prone
<Andrew> suffer
<Andrew> nah not suffer
<Andrew> susceptible
<Andrew> is the best i can come up with
<CrushinDefeat> er
<CrushinDefeat> where would that go?
<Andrew> Acid Spray allows Eelektross to check Fairy-types such as Aromatisse and Slurpuff and makes specially defensive enemies more susceptible to special attacks.
<Andrew> Volt Switch takes advantage of this drop as no...
<Andrew> as no Pokemon wants to stay in against*
<Andrew> not stay on against
<CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> set details:
<Andrew> n Assault Vest allows Eelektross a big boost in Special Defense,
<Andrew> change "allows" to gives
<Andrew> my boss allowed me a big raise today
<Andrew> that's not how you use the word.
<Andrew> an Expert Belt can be used to increase its damage output.
<Andrew> an Expert Belt gives Eelektross an opportunity to increase its damage output.
<CrushinDefeat> fixed
<CrushinDefeat> uh
<CrushinDefeat> I think
<CrushinDefeat> something went arry
<CrushinDefeat> what does it say
<CrushinDefeat> after that Expertbelt sentence
<Andrew> <Andrew> an Expert Belt gives Eelektross an opportunity to increase its damage output.
<Andrew> so
<Andrew> anyway
<Andrew> where were we?
<Andrew> If not running Knock Off, the the 4 EVs in Attack can be moved to Special Defense, with a Modest nature.
<Andrew> get rid off the second "the"
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<Andrew> my tips for usage tips
<Andrew> write as if you're ordering the user
<Andrew> what to do
<Andrew> Eelektross’s main role is that of an offensive pivot, often switching various times throughout a match and applying pressure to the opponent with various switches that allow you to keep the edge. Acid Spray and Volt Switch are great in conjunction for forcing the opponent to switch out, giving you the opportunity to switch out with a Volt Switch or continue to hit the switch-in with Acid Spra
<Andrew> y again. Its best to switch Eelektross out if it is statused, either to a cleric such as Aromatisse or to bulkier teammates such as Amoonguss, or to a sweeper such as Hitmonlee or Doublade. Avoid hard-hitting opponents, and switch out against Sawk, which can KO Eelektross with Earthquake.
<Andrew> like you're just analyzing here
<Andrew> so
<Andrew> Eelektross functions as an offensive pivot, switching in and out throughout a match and applying pressure with Volt Switch chip damage and the threat of a strong damaging move.
<Andrew> Use Acid Spray to convince your opponent to switch out their Pokemon or take more damage than normal.
<Andrew> Should Eelektross suffer from a status confliction, Volt Switch to a cleric such as Aromatisse.
<CrushinDefeat> eating >w<
<CrushinDefeat> lool
<Andrew> xD
<CrushinDefeat> my bad dude XD
<Andrew> To maintain offensive pressure, switch to a sweeper such as Hitmonlee or Doublade.
<Andrew> Don't let Eelektross stay in against hard-hitting opponent, especially against Sawk, which threatens Eelektross with Earthquake.
<CrushinDefeat> back
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<CrushinDefeat> what If I take all the sentences you wrote
<CrushinDefeat> and use them?
<Andrew> yeah
<Andrew> that's fine
<CrushinDefeat> done
<CrushinDefeat> lol
<Andrew> uh
<Andrew> hmm
<Andrew> Don't let Eelektross stay in against a hard-hitting opponent, especially against Sawk, which threatens Eelektross with Earthquake.
<Andrew> ok
<Andrew> next set for team options:
<Andrew> As an offensive pivot, it’s recommended to have a cleric ready in case Eelektross is damaged or statused.
<Andrew> a cleric is specifically something that can run heal bell
<CrushinDefeat> yeah
<Andrew> then why do you have
<Andrew> "is damaged"
<Andrew> in there?
<CrushinDefeat> wait don't clerics also heal
<CrushinDefeat> o.o
<Andrew> no
<Andrew> heal bell
<Andrew> doesn't recover damage
<Andrew> you'r ethinking of wish.
<CrushinDefeat> yeah I am lol
<CrushinDefeat> thats what Im referring to
<CrushinDefeat> Ik Heal Bell doesn't recover lol
<Andrew> clerics
<Andrew> doesn't cover
<Andrew> wish
<CrushinDefeat> ah
<Andrew> does
<Andrew> aromatisse
<Andrew> learn wish?
<CrushinDefeat> yeah
<Andrew> oh
<Andrew> in that case
<Andrew> mention specifically
<Andrew> Aromatisse and Lickilicky
<Andrew> Aromatisse and Lickilicky are great partners for Eelektross because they provide both Wish support and Heal Bell support.
<CrushinDefeat> I added that change
<Andrew> switch in and out repeatedly, stacking to become great residual damage to aid a teammate's sweep.
<Andrew> Eelektross will be moving around a lot.
<Andrew> change moving around a lot to "constantly switching in and out"
<Andrew> while Moltres is relatively speedy, allowing it to eliminate Spikes.
<Andrew> fast*
<Andrew> relatively fast*
<Andrew> is what you want there
<CrushinDefeat> done
<CrushinDefeat> OO and then C&C lol
<CrushinDefeat> can we tackle C&C first
<CrushinDefeat> since its easier to edit
<Andrew> Armoatisse
<Andrew> that's the only thing i see wrong
<Andrew> in C&C
<Andrew> an Expert Belt gives Eelektross an opportunity to increase its damage output.
<Andrew> where is that supposed to go?
<CrushinDefeat> well
<CrushinDefeat> Aromatisse can block
<CrushinDefeat> alot of its attacks
<Andrew> no
<CrushinDefeat> that it typically runs
<Andrew> i mean
<Andrew> you spelled it wrong.
<CrushinDefeat> lmao
<CrushinDefeat> did I really
<CrushinDefeat> haha wow
<CrushinDefeat> Armoa
<CrushinDefeat> fuck me
<CrushinDefeat> I always do that
<CrushinDefeat> fixed
<CrushinDefeat> both errors
<Andrew> OO time
<Andrew> personal preference
<Andrew> you start with moves
<Andrew> and then a set
<Andrew> in the same paragraph
<Andrew> split it into two
<Andrew> where you list individual niche moves
<Andrew> in the first paragraph
<Andrew> and the second one discusses options for a physical assvest
<CrushinDefeat> ok
<CrushinDefeat> so
<Andrew> do that first
<Andrew> and then i'll go through both the paragraphs for OO
<CrushinDefeat> so just talk about individual moves
<CrushinDefeat> didn't I do that?
<Andrew> no i mean
<Andrew> split it into two paragraphs
<Andrew> since you seem to mention a bit more
<Andrew> into a physical assault vest set
<Andrew> so distinguish that set from the rest of the OO
<Andrew> lmk when you do that first
<CrushinDefeat> like this?
<CrushinDefeat> I split em up
<Andrew> Eelektross has a variety of options in terms of item selection. It can run Choice Specs or Choice Band to hit as like a missile, or a Life Orb in order to avoid being locked into a move at the cost of some of its health. Eelektross can run Leftovers as well in order to recover HP, which can help tremendously considering, its limited recovery.
<Andrew> move that
<Andrew> to the paragraph above.
<CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> hmm
<Andrew> Eelektross can also run a physically attacking Assault Vest set as well with an Adamant nature.
<Andrew> Eelektross can opt to run a physically offensive Assault Vest set with an Adamant nature.
<Andrew> Eelektross can also opt to run a physically offensive Assault Vest set with an Adamant nature.
<Andrew> there we go
<CrushinDefeat> added
<Andrew> With an Adamant nature spiking its Attack stat, Eelektross can become a strong physically offensive pivot.
<Andrew> get rid of that sentence
<Andrew> it's redundant.
<Andrew> Flash Cannon can work well with Acid Spray to take out threats like Aromatisse and Whimsicott.
<Andrew> is it really
<Andrew> those two
<Andrew> that Flash Cannon handles?
<CrushinDefeat> I mean
<Andrew> er i mean
<Andrew> is it only those two
<Andrew> sorry
<CrushinDefeat> I could talk about Ice types and Rock types as well
<CrushinDefeat> but those
<CrushinDefeat> are the most prominent threats
<CrushinDefeat> that Flash Cannon
<CrushinDefeat> would work the best on
<Andrew> well
<Andrew> it's really only those two
<CrushinDefeat> Rhyperior
<Andrew> that you'd really want to use FC for
<Andrew> right?
<CrushinDefeat> as well I guess
<Andrew> if you use it with acid spray
<Andrew> in particular
<CrushinDefeat> yeah
<Andrew> then just say
<Andrew> to take out Aromatisse and Whimsicott
<Andrew> since you're mentioning the combination
<Andrew> rather than "take out threats like"
<CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> Eelektross can also utilize Discharge over Thunderbolt for a higher chance of paralysis in exchange of power.
<Andrew> Charge Beam can gradually increase Eelektross's Special Attack.
<CrushinDefeat> done
<CrushinDefeat> anything else lol
<Andrew> yeah
<Andrew> sorry one sec
<Andrew> If Eelektross wishes to set up, it can also use Coil to buff its Attack, Defense, and some more powerful moves' shaky Accuracy, enabling it to use Rock Slide and Zap Cannon.
<Andrew> use moves such as*
<CrushinDefeat> done
<Andrew> Eelektross can also utilize Drain Punch for recovery or Aqua Tail for pesky Ground-types
<Andrew> rest looks good
<Andrew> okay

GP Approved (2/2)

Last edited:

CrushinDefeat

Once again I want to thank the QC'ers, GP'ers, and the community for all the help and all the advice that is given out, its always great to have everyone come together and helping each other. Thank you all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)