Other Team Building Shop [Closed, read post 62]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you've got the time, I'd like to see someone build a defensive team starting with the following core:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 SAtk / 216 Spd / 132 HP
Timid / Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast / Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn / Heat Wave

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Clear Smog / Sludge Bomb

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM
Only if you have time, would someone mind making a stall team around mega Charizard x? (I kinda lost track of how many unfulfilled requests there are)

Hi guys !

This shop is a great idea ! :)
Could you explain the teambuilding process in order too teach people how to build ?
I know it demands more work but people ask teams, teams are delivered with general explanation about how to use them/how they work, and I have the feeling that people does'nt learn about teambuilding :'(

What are you concerns when you build ?

Keep on doing this ! It's a great idea, but just explain a little bit more of teambuilding please :)

I'm not sure if you have too many requests at the moment so feel free to get to mine whenever you have free time. :)

The team I'm trying to build at the moment has 4 members. Basically I need help on which 2 Pokemon I should add to fill in the gaps to the team. I am new to competitive battling so I would like to hear your input. So far the team is: Technician Breloom, DD Dragonite, Bold Phaz Milotic (could be replaced w/ Suicune), and bulky Assault Vest Metagross.

Hi TNT, I've been trying to use a certain deviation of a 3-poke core I've seen on the Victory Road subforum:

BIG BUBBA (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

HOO REEKRIS (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

MACHO MAGIC (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

I've had trouble with prior iterations of this team because I can't seem to defensively round out all the weaknesses this core carries, such as Mamo, Keldeo and Char-Y amongst others. I also know that this is most definitely a core for an HO team, but I haven't been able to play it effectively as such, since I always manage to lose the initative. If there is a way to effectively ease the burden of momentum while defensively rounding out the team, I would very much appreciate your help with teambuilding. Now if you feel like any of the choices in my core can be tweaked in moves or EVs, feel free to do so.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
k, building teams for the following people, so i'm not taking requests for now:
Bolde Swoup, every time we (halcyon., nog, stathakis, and i) post newly-built teams, we show how we built the team in the paragraph below the team's importable.

e: i can't read, apparently.

Last edited:
hi every1! Nog said that i can help him, Halcyon., and Stathakis build teams for this thread, so here i am :] i will only take 5 requests at a time to ensure that requests don't overwhelm me.

Rostam

NUKE EM GANDHI (Medicham) (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

BUGS MONEY (Diggersby) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Happiness: 0
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake

OH SHIT GOJIRA (Tyranitar) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

R.I.P. IN PEACE (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 236 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

RIDE THE THUNDER (Thundurus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

GAMES PEOPLE PLAY (Azumarill) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

i gave silly nicknames to each team member because lol. if they bother you, you can change or outright remove them. it's up to you, really.

i built this team to exploit the immense power behind mega medicham, which gives stall some trouble if it's played right. since i decided to build the team around sub + 3 attacks mega medicham, i brought in focus sash diggersby to check aegislash and some other fire-types. to cover a genger and flyspam weak, i added in physically defensive tyranitar, which boasts the ability to check both of them without too much difficulty. since i found that the rest of the team had a slight hazards vulnerability, i chose defog + healing wish latias as the team's hazards remover, because it can remove hazards, check electrics, and potentially give diggersby or mega medicham another chance to give the opposing team hell, which is actually kinda cool. after finding out that the team was slow as fuk, i decided to draft thundurus, whose prankster thunder waves keep dragon dance sweepers from having their way with this team, all while helping diggersby and medicham sweep. as a bonus, it gave the team yet another genger check, making it that much harder for it to rain on diggersby and medicham's parade. azumarill is a filler option that happens to check greninja lacking hp grass, keldeo, the lati twins, genger w/out sludge wave, and several dragons. anyways, this is just a base team, so you can go ahead and change up whatever you feel like to make it better fit your playstyle. feel free to ask me questions about the team's evs or moves; i'd love to answer them.

e: fixed a problem w/ importable.
I was gonna ask for a mega medi team. So i did not spam the forum i checked for one, you had made one. This is perfect for me, what are the the evs on lati and thundy for?

k, building teams for the following people, so i'm not taking requests for now:

Bolde Swoup, every time we (halcyon., nog, stathakis, and i) post newly-built teams, we show how we built the team in the paragraph below the team's importable.
Thanks if possible could the bulky ground be scarfchomp?(fav mon)
Thank you though,

Just posting an update real quick. First off no one got skipped, I will prioritize users who the other builders missed. Everyone asking if they can build, the answer is no unless you are an official team rater. I have Dons, Smog Frogs and someone else's (don't remember off the top of my head) teams done, but won't post until they are all done to avoid post / like count abuse and because I don't want to post every time I finish a team or two. Lastly we got way more requests than we thought we would so fast so I'm closing requests until everyone has been built for.

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
poopmars

re: latias evs: 32 hp evs let latias hit a life orb #; 240 spe evs allow latias to creep max speed base 108s (infernape, keldeo, terrakion); remaining evs went into special attack. as for why i chose the base 108s as my speed creep target, the only notable targets between that and latias' max speed are durant, genger, and the lati twins. the former is extremely uncommon, and the latter two latias actually speed ties with. since i don't like taking chances at losing, i purposely lowered the speed a bit.

re: thundurus evs: the hp evs hit a lefties + 1 number, all while keeping the hp odd.

Really cool thing you guys are doing here, especially since personally i blow at teambuilding.

Can I get a BirdSpam team using Hawlucha? I want to try it without it's hardest counter (aegi) around

EDIT: my bad m8s, didn't read the above post.

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
This is a really kind thread :D

So I am interested in a balanced team featuring Leftovers CM Raikou+Mega Heracross. The two seem to have good synergy, as Raikou needs walls like Chansey out of the way for a sweep, and Heracross fills this role well while being able to switch into ground moves and also having the raw power to obliterate stall, which Raikou struggles with. In return, Raikou also checks Bird Spam for Heracross, which is important for any team running it. I am basically out of ideas from there, as I've never used the two Pokemon and especially not together; thus I have no ideas of what would be good teammates for them. Well, Thanks in advance! :]

EDIT: I see that someone has already requested a CM Raikou team. If one of you does not want to build it I understand, as it would most likely be similar to the one already built on request from this thread. And please do take your time, I play Ubers mostly anyways x)

Last edited:
Really cool thing you guys are doing here,
but anyways can one of you guys, build a team around my 2 XY favorite pokemon, DD MegaZard X and Diggersby

Just a suggestion for your initial thread, I think it would be worth posting a category dedicated to examples of competitive teams that have previously been successful in competitions so that the less experienced players can get an idea of what makes the successful teams better than the rest. It might help people come up with better core's for you guys to build teams around.

Just a suggestion for your initial thread, I think it would be worth posting a category dedicated to examples of competitive teams that have previously been successful in competitions so that the less experienced players can get an idea of what makes the successful teams better than the rest. It might help people come up with better core's for you guys to build teams around.
What needs to be stressed here is that it isn't only the team that is successful in competitions, but also the players' skillsets. As it stands, no one here should expect these teams to catapult you up the ladder unless you actively make the effort to understand WHY these teams work, and how to play it against other threats. No team here is infallible, but that doesn't mean it won't wreck faces all around if you learn how to effectively use it.

Furthermore, this team building shop is a great segue into the mentorship scene, since less experienced people (such as myself) are more likely to ask for help with things that AREN'T team-building, such as handling certain threats and how to play a certain team to one's advantage.

Now I get that experience is the mother of all (or most) knowledge when it comes to Pokemon, but it sure doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited:
This is a cool idea, but my thought is that Nog should have a team of team builders that either volunteer or are recruited for two reasons: 1) efficiency, and 2) so that other experienced team builders can get practice team building with restrictions and give back to the Smogon community.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is a cool idea, but my thought is that Nog should have a team of team builders that either volunteer or are recruited for two reasons: 1) efficiency, and 2) so that other experienced team builders can get practice team building with restrictions and give back to the Smogon community.
Currently Trinitrotoluene, Stathakis, and Halcyon are building teams for people too, and Nog said he was going to limit "other teambuilders" to people who have the Team Rater badge (for reasons that should be pretty obvious). I'm sure if a big tourney guy like CTC or gr8 said they wanted to help he wouldn't turn them down, but as this is a service to the community he's trying to ensure that only top-level teambuilders are included.

Also once this opens back up I'll make a request

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Got teams to give

Karxrida

Klefki @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Keldeo @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Calm Mind

This is a weird team and not at all my style, but it's hella fun to use. I wanted to try Klefki out now that Deo has been banned, and I thought that what made Klefki such an interesting mon is that it is a setter that comes with built-in sweeper stopping potenial with T-wave, which largely makes Thundurus not as necessary for offense. Swords Dance Bisharp is sort of an underrated and forgotten sweeper, and with Screens up, it becomes a monster, able to set up on potential defoggers two times over. It also helps to break down physical walls like SKarm for Gyarados, as well as weaken stuff like Quagsire. Gyarados is another forgotten sweeper, easily nabbing DDs on stuff like Keldeo and Landorus (especially behind screens), and causing snowball effects with Moxie sweeps late-game. Mega Manectric checks Thundurus, as well as providing momentum to the team after something has fainted and possibly giving Klefki a free switch in to set up screens again. Garchomp is a great all around partner for the physical sweepers I already had and sets up much-needed rocks. Finally, Keldeo is sort of a stall breaker, setting up on unsuspecting Mega Venusaur and scoring a OHKO on Amoongus after two Calm Minds. Like I said, this team is weird and isn't the absolute best, but it's one of the most fun teams I've used in a while and I think that having fun with what you're trying to build is also an important lesson to learn here.

-Clone-

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

So, instead of making a cookie-cutter HO team with Zard-X, I decided to do something a little different and build a DragMag team. Obviously the key player here is DD Zard-X, which even by itself is extremely good, sweeping large portions of the tier by itself. ScarfChomp serves as a way to beat faster things that can KO Zard-X before the DD, including Scarf Excadrill and +1 Zard-X itself. Latias gives needed hazard cleaning support for Zard, as well as a second chance to sweep With Healing Wish. Magnezone traps steel types that wall the dragons, as well as threaten annoying fairies, Specs Flash Cannon being great for Clefable. Its EV spread lets it outspeed max speed Mawile as well as 40 Spe Heatran. Greninja helps break down walls like Quagsire and M-Venu that could otherwise be annoying, as well as luring in Azumarill, one of the biggest threats to Dragon-types. Finally, Exca can help with the weakness to Sand teams, as well as provide rocks and a ground immunity. Can also handle non-Knock Off Gliscor. This can be changed to Scarf Exca with lead chomp though.

I will look back on this thread to claim some of the people have have been skipped over when I get back from work. I'll tag you if I decide to build your request.

Last edited:
Got teams to give

Karxrida

Klefki @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Keldeo @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Calm Mind

This is a weird team and not at all my style, but it's hella fun to use. I wanted to try Klefki out now that Deo has been banned, and I thought that what made Klefki such an interesting mon is that it is a setter that comes with built-in sweeper stopping potenial with T-wave, which largely makes Thundurus not as necessary for offense. Swords Dance Bisharp is sort of an underrated and forgotten sweeper, and with Screens up, it becomes a monster, able to set up on potential defoggers two times over. It also helps to break down physical walls like SKarm for Gyarados, as well as weaken stuff like Quagsire. Gyarados is another forgotten sweeper, easily nabbing DDs on stuff like Keldeo and Landorus (especially behind screens), and causing snowball effects with Moxie sweeps late-game. Mega Manectric checks Thundurus, as well as providing momentum to the team after something has fainted and possibly giving Klefki a free switch in to set up screens again. Garchomp is a great all around partner for the physical sweepers I already had and sets up much-needed rocks. Finally, Keldeo is sort of a stall breaker, setting up on unsuspecting Mega Venusaur and scoring a OHKO on Amoongus after two Calm Minds. Like I said, this team is weird and isn't the absolute best, but it's one of the most fun teams I've used in a while and I think that having fun with what you're trying to build is also an important lesson to learn here.

-Clone-

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Serious Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

So, instead of making a cookie-cutter HO team with Zard-X, I decided to do something a little different and build a DragMag team. Obviously the key player here is DD Zard-X, which even by itself is extremely good, sweeping large portions of the tier by itself. ScarfChomp serves as a way to beat faster things that can KO Zard-X before the DD, including Scarf Excadrill and +1 Zard-X itself. Latias gives needed hazard cleaning support for Zard, as well as a second chance to sweep With Healing Wish. Magnezone traps steel types that wall the dragons, as well as threaten annoying fairies, Specs Flash Cannon being great for Clefable. Its EV spread lets it outspeed max speed Mawile as well as 40 Spe Heatran. Greninja helps break down walls like Quagsire and M-Venu that could otherwise be annoying, as well as luring in Azumarill, one of the biggest threats to Dragon-types. Finally, Exca can help with the weakness to Sand teams, as well as provide rocks and a ground immunity. Can also handle non-Knock Off Gliscor. This can be changed to Scarf Exca with lead chomp though.

I will look back on this thread to claim some of the people have have been skipped over when I get back from work. I'll tag you if I decide to build your request.
Nice n powerful serious garchomp ;)

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Got teams to give
-Clone-

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Thanks a ton Halcyon! I do have one question though: What does Adamant Scarfchomp miss out on outspeeding? I see the slash, so I dont know if Scarfchomp loses out on anything by running Adamant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)