Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

You know that's not actually Sakurai's Twitter right?

I also doubt the Miis will take up 3 slots. They have many more customisation options than just the three fighter types, so I think it'll all come under the one slot.

Aside from that it seems we're in agreement. I do also think it's possible for it to go to a 4x13 or even a 4x12 with more cuts and/or fewer newcomers, but I highly doubt it'll be outside those extremes and I think 49 is the most likely.
haha no I didn't realize, I thought it was just a translator. I was pretty sure Sakurai himself did mention G&W somewhere, but I might be mistaken.

as far as the Mii fighters, I'm basing that off of the announcement video, where Sakurai says "each type is treated as a separate fighter." Whether that means they take up 3 slots is anyone's guess, but I think that translation implies that it does.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
I hope that Mr. Game and Watch comes back as well, he was my main character so I would feel odd for me to be without a main character, I'd like to main Villager, Lil Mac, and probably Robin. What do you guys want to main as your fighters? Thoughts?

Ok well obviously I'm not picking until I've actually played finished versions of every character but the "short" list is the 4 FE reps (hoping Ike got buffed in more ways than one), Sheik, Palutena and [Lucas?].

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Palutena, Robin, and Link. If Squirtle had been included I would add him to that list. Alas that's not happening.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maining Ridley no matter what. Even if he's not playable.

e: or maybe I should say "when"

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My two favorites, falco and wolf, are still unconfirmed, snake isn't in yet, and fox has been a lot more melee-ified from what I saw in the trailers. Not saying anything about either except that I preferred the brawl version. Robin could be interesting, but I've never really gotten an appreciation for the FE characters, even though I use marth sometimes. I haven't seen much of shiek, so that's also up in the air, but zelda (iirc) has been reported to be improved? Ness was the only other character I'd willingly play around with, so...ness? I don't really have any preferences when I'm playing non-seriously, and all the characters seem nicely freshened up, but it sucks to not have my absolute favorites back here.

Pit seems improved and different enough for me to learn, and I'm really liking zero suit samus (and regular) Wii fit trainer is probably average for me, and I don't really like villager. Megaman was called out as "not really good" in the tourney, but I just have to try him out, cause I really think I like the style. I think I could get used to little mac, too. Palutena is someone I'm very interested in, and same with greninja, though he looked a bit too one-dimensional at the tourney. I can't say much until I've got my hands on everyone.

But I really, really want wolf. As much as I've clamored for ridley, I know I wouldn't even like the heavy playstyle he'd likely carry. I just want wolf. I know if falco's coming back at all, it will be melee falco, which I again don't prefer, so all I can hope for is people to not consider wolf a clone :(

I'm hoping we get all our veterans in the game. I don't think there is any reason to cut anyone, just a couple more newcomers + all Brawl vets and the roster is perfect. I do have my doubts about Squirtle and Ivysaur, as well as Snake. People complain about clones but Ness and Lucas, and Wolf and Falco are less clone-y than Toon Link and Lucina anyway.

I'm hoping we get some cool and creative event matches. I wonder if Classic mode and some kind of Adventure mode are even going to return?

It's obvious why. Lucina is just a skin with slightly different hitbox properties, something that could be finished in not even a week. Chrom would've been a completely new character, meaning that they would have to create a new model, design a brand new moveset, and constantly playtest and tweak him to make sure that he's balanced with the rest of the cast. And considering that only half of the confirmed cast is ready to be presented after two years in development, it's safe to say that it would take much longer.
And so he just wasn't worth the time and resources since they couldn't do anything interesting with him since Marth and Ike exist. Lucina gets a free pass for being easier to implement. I still wish he had tweaked Lucina a little more than what he's said so far, but it was never a case of picking 2 of Chrom/Robin/Lucina.

I don't really care about Chrom being passed on, Robin is a more interesting addition and Sakurai made the right move. Sorry Chrom! At least he's in Robin's FS.

I just want my boy back. Is having a swordsman who can't just skim the opponent and get full damage too much to ask?

I'll be maining my favorite ninja frog Greninja, especially with the shiny coloring, oh man it looks sweet af. I'd also want to use Rosalina, looks like a cooler version of Ice Climbers imo. And also I definitely need to use Toon Link some, he was my favorite in Brawl :D

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
I actually forgot that Meta Knight is yet to be confirmed. Hopefully he will be, I hate seeing veterans go.
Totally agree with this, the veterans are what makes the series, if they bring him back, I hope he's less OP and more like Olimar, not a huge nerf, but just enough to prevent him from being broken like in Brawl. The one thing I truly want more than anything is for every character from the first game returning, those were the originals, the real seasoned veterans of the entire franchise, it would be a shame to lose them, also I had a quick question, when does Nintendo stop including all the vets we love and move on to more newer characters? What I mean by this is lets take a Mr.Game & Watch, Vet character since Melee, when do we see him deteriorate for someone new? Its a really odd question but just curious

breh

強いだね
I actually forgot that Meta Knight is yet to be confirmed. Hopefully he will be, I hate seeing veterans go.
Meta Knight will probably be in the game. There was a whiteboard picture posted from when development started and he was in the background. All of the characters in the picture were playable in Brawl bar a Mr. Saturn (and all of them bar G&W and Wario have been confirmed so far)... Although it's nowhere near as decisive as saying that "yes he's in the game", it's still a good sign that he'll be in it one way or another. Hopefully he doesn't get nerfed all the way to assist trophy lol

I think he's probably going to be playable.
Even though Sakurai's recent patterns don't make anything easier to determine (Not adding Chrom because he would be like Marth and Ike, but adding Lucina who is a Marth clone) I really don't think we will be receiving Ridley. I mean, just look at the size of that shadow.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)