Other Team Building Shop [Closed, read post 62]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks a ton Halcyon! I do have one question though: What does Adamant Scarfchomp miss out on outspeeding? I see the slash, so I dont know if Scarfchomp loses out on anything by running Adamant.
Jolly Zard X is the only notable thing that can beat it if it isn't Jolly itself, although Landorus-t can also be problematic. That's why it's slashed.

Aww shame it's closed for now I should of noticed this thread earlier. I'll keep an eye out for when it opens back up again since I've been trying to build a team around Mega Gardevoir but just can't seem to get a core that really clicks.

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Aww shame it's closed for now I should of noticed this thread earlier. I'll keep an eye out for when it opens back up again since I've been trying to build a team around Mega Gardevoir but just can't seem to get a core that really clicks.
A lot people have asked for Mega-Gardevoir teams, so you can just take a look at those. If you would rather build your own team, M-Garde + Bisharp + Keldeo is a common and very strong core

A lot people have asked for Mega-Gardevoir teams, so you can just take a look at those. If you would rather build your own team, M-Garde + Bisharp + Keldeo is a common and very strong core
I actually tried that core out plus the one posted earlier in the thread and as mentioned just didn't really click with me. Could just be a problem with me heh.

Edit: I now see what you mean by so many Mega Gardevoir requests. I'll just request something different when the shop is open.

Last edited:
I'll keep an eye out for this to reopen or for a nice Mega Zard+Dragonite team incase you're already working on one. I really need to learn the team-bulding process.

I'll keep an eye out for this to reopen or for a nice Mega Zard+Dragonite team incase you're already working on one. I really need to learn the team-bulding process.

This discussion is very useful to me. Surplus a request: Could you build a BO based around Mega Gyarados? Thanks in advance (Please if you can, you can try to avoid the core Gothitelle + Gyarados? I would not see a thing too trivial)

It's possible to have a team built around on Scizor and Gengar? Thanks
With this moveset:

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break

Last edited:
Not trying to be a pain, but I just wanted to point out that I was previously skipped. I'm not complaining or anything, (I really appreciate what everyone is doing!) I just wanted to point this out so that I'm not skipped again

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not trying to be a pain, but I just wanted to point out that I was previously skipped. I'm not complaining or anything, (I really appreciate what everyone is doing!) I just wanted to point this out so that I'm not skipped again
Sorry, I totally missed your request but since I already have a stall team with Charizard Ill just give it to you right now n_n

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 204 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Counter
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Gliscor, Alomomola and Charizard X is a fantastic stall core. Gliscor handles Aegislash and Landorus, as well as breaking stall somewhat with Taunt and speed. Alomomola switches into most physical attackers pretty easily as well as Greninja, and can support the team with massive Wishes. Meanwhile Charizard checks Bisharp, Charizard Y, and Thundurus, which are all problems for the other members. Ferrothorn provides Rocks as well as checking HP Grass Greninja, Mega Gyarados, as well as forcing switches with Leech Seed. Mew is helps spread burns on Pokemon that Charizard can't namely Mega Mawile and Maega Medicham. Knock off support + burns + hazards makes wearing down the opponent much easier as well. Finally, Skarmory covers Mega Pinsir, Mega Scizor, and gives and extra check to Mega Mawile should I need it. It also gives Defog support for charizard and switches in fairly easily against Landorus-T, Terrakion, etc. The biggest threat to this team is Charizard X, since you need to play smart with Gliscor/Alomomola and try to wear it down with its own recoil and Toxic. Clefairy>Mew is an option to deal with this, but then you get 6-0ed by Mega Medicham no questions asked n_n.

um something along the lines of a life orb set.
earthquake
stone edge
u-turn
knock off
nature and evs are obvious
jolly
4 hp,252 atk, 252 spd
thank you for responding so fast

@ the general userbase making requests in here, when you make a request like (for example, just picking one at random) a sandstorm offense team featuring mega mawile and excadrill, do you want something creative that uses these pokemon or the probable best thing that uses them? because there are tons of different flavors of mawile+exca sand offense and it's probably the most standard core used these days, so when I see a request like this I am unsure whether to make something strange/crazy or just something safe/solid but perhaps not super innovative that the average tour player would bring to a game. would love to hear you guys's feedback so I can know what kinds of teams to build
I am sorry I didn't reply, I read your post before it was edited and didn't come back and see the edit aimed at my request until now.
Something creative/crazy would be really cool if possible, but going for a standard one might yield better results. I am just having trouble building the rest of the team besides Exca and Mawile, like I am not sure whether to use 1 or 2 Sandstreamers and what the rest of the team should be.

On my current teams that use M-Mawile I do use a slightly different set (which is probably considered really stupid), that uses the same principle as using Jolly on Belly Drum Azumarill in that it is used to out speed defensive Rotom-W and OHKO it at +2. I was planning on using this on the Sand team, but if this set is indeed bad I will drop it for a different one.
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang/Brick Break
- Swords Dance

EDIT: an example of the set getting the jump on a Rotom-W is in my sig.

Sorry, I totally missed your request but since I already have a stall team with Charizard Ill just give it to you right now n_n

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 204 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Counter
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Gliscor, Alomomola and Charizard X is a fantastic stall core. Gliscor handles Aegislash and Landorus, as well as breaking stall somewhat with Taunt and speed. Alomomola switches into most physical attackers pretty easily as well as Greninja, and can support the team with massive Wishes. Meanwhile Charizard checks Bisharp, Charizard Y, and Thundurus, which are all problems for the other members. Ferrothorn provides Rocks as well as checking HP Grass Greninja, Mega Gyarados, as well as forcing switches with Leech Seed. Mew is helps spread burns on Pokemon that Charizard can't namely Mega Mawile and Maega Medicham. Knock off support + burns + hazards makes wearing down the opponent much easier as well. Finally, Skarmory covers Mega Pinsir, Mega Scizor, and gives and extra check to Mega Mawile should I need it. It also gives Defog support for charizard and switches in fairly easily against Landorus-T, Terrakion, etc. The biggest threat to this team is Charizard X, since you need to play smart with Gliscor/Alomomola and try to wear it down with its own recoil and Toxic. Clefairy>Mew is an option to deal with this, but then you get 6-0ed by Mega Medicham no questions asked n_n.

Thank you so much! I'll try it out when I get a moment

I am testing these teams under the name team shopping on showdown, but for now my ranking is too low to get meaningful, postable replays. I will revisit these teams when I have a higher ranking but for now they are testing quite well, with random losses only to timeouts and luck. I have more teams made but don't have time to post them right now.

Rechi Imitatia this is an unconventional stall team that uses thunderwave and defensive pivots to get in subpunch mega mawile, since every time she in safely something on the opponent's team dies. dince you asked for diancie, I looked for things that it can do well and basically I found that diancie thrives best with wish support on the team and makes for a good answer to most physical attackers (not bisharp scizor or mega mawile, naturally, but everything else). by surprising your opponents with stun spore amoonguss and thunder wave bulky dragonite, you can slow down the opponent's team for mawile to lay the beatdown. alomomola is a godsend, lending its massive wishes to both mawile and diancie who heal upwards of 70% of their health on a wish. diancie can tank earthquakes even from the likes of garchomp and landorus-T quite well and as such is a reliable stealth rocker, and moonblast and toxic really wear these pokemon down. the common steel types of the tier are scared of mawile, and even skarmory has to be careful of roosting against focus punches. the holes mawile punches can force your opponent to give up their highest power offensive pokemon, allowing you to successfully wall most teams with your other 5 guys. the stall vs stall matchup is annoying but if you leverage mawile well and wish support it well you can punch bigger holes than they can usually, so it gives you the advantage. i struggled to find a good cleric on the team for the stall v stall matchup but i couldn't think of anything that didn't create some bigger problem vs non stall so just don't bring this team if you think your opponent will use stall. then again who would want to fight a stall vs stall matchup anyway, even if you win 9_9

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Toxic

Smog Frog this is an offensively minded team designed around the threat tailwind charizard X. sandexca is used for hazard control since a fast rapid spin is the easiest way to guarantee that the rocks are cleared, though I tested defog latios + SR bulky u-turn landorus therian over tar+excadrill and that also tested well. since the hazards are kept clear, talonflame is here to take advantage of a clear field and more importantly to lure in and burn zard-X's biggest checks in azumarill, landorus-therian, tyranitar, mandibuzz, and others. talonflame is a great metagame pick, setting up on the plethora of physical attackers, even ones as strong as mega mawile and outraging CB dragonite if he can get off the will-o-wisp at full hp. lead loom and azumarill make good partners for the zard by giving you ample opportunity to try and double switch zard into their counters, and a charizard with tailwind takes advantage of the free turn more convincingly than most other threats in the metagame. finally, CB azumarill is a monster under tailwind, outspeeding everything up to and including thundurus with the given EVs (also outspeeds 8 speed skarmory without tailwind) and being very difficult to switch into.

EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

edit: looks like I have a bit of time so....

I am sorry I didn't reply, I read your post before it was edited and didn't come back and see the edit aimed at my request until now.
Something creative/crazy would be really cool if possible, but going for a standard one might yield better results. I am just having trouble building the rest of the team besides Exca and Mawile, like I am not sure whether to use 1 or 2 Sandstreamers and what the rest of the team should be.

On my current teams that use M-Mawile I do use a slightly different set (which is probably considered really stupid), that uses the same principle as using Jolly on Belly Drum Azumarill in that it is used to out speed defensive Rotom-W and OHKO it at +2. I was planning on using this on the Sand team, but if this set is indeed bad I will drop it for a different one.
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang/Brick Break
- Swords Dance

EDIT: an example of the set getting the jump on a Rotom-W is in my sig.
Adamant vs. jolly really always depends on the metagame in my opinion. right now I am in favor of adamant, because the extra damage against the likes of keldeo and skarmory (adamant +2 fire fang has a chance to KO after SR; jolly does not), excadrill (adamant does 68min so you need one fewere switch into life orb recoil to kill him with sucker punch), thundurus (adamant KOs after SR while Jolly only has a 33% chance) etc. I think these are more important than getting the jump on rotom-W whom i dont really see much anymore.

Anyway the standard meta right now is pretty much sand + excadrill + mawile so I will leave you here with an example of a team that was recently used in the world cup of pokemon (or something similar to this; I don't remember)

it's the standard sandstorm offensive team; sand+exca keeps the hazards off and your sweepers punch holes until one of them can sweep. softening things up midgame, sacrificing tyranitar, and then sweeping with exca and 8 turns of sand in the lategame is a powerful strategy. assault vest azumarill is popular in this meta and for good reason as it checks greninja and other strong attackers of the metagame.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

btw TRC i am tearing my hair out trying to make something good with megadoom. it's coming, just not as quickly as I hoped. expect it hopefully before the end of the week ~_~

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
k, i've finished building teams for two of the people on my reserve list. i'll get to the other three people on my list later on this week. both of these teams work, but you're free to make modifications to them as you desire.

THE BURNINATOR (Charizard) (F) @ Charizardite Y
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

DRY BIRD (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

SHIT IT'S GOJIRA (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

LOLLING AT BRONIES (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

B-BUT MUH HYPE (Garchomp) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

ME SO THORNY (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

while the process for building an effective megazard-y team has been codified in valentine's force of nature, i think it's still a good idea to show the logic i used when building this team. again, i gave each team member a silly nickname because they were funny. you don't have to use them.

Kazuma Yato requested that i build a team w/ megazard-y, so i started w/ that. after that, i decided to use zapdos to clear hazards from the field. thanks to its typing, zapdos could act as a solid check to flyspam teams, so that was cool. it also lacked a pursuit weakness, so that was a large plus. however, after speaking to kazuma yato, s/he (sorry, idk your gender) told me that s/he didn't like using zapdos, so i changed it to mandibuzz. this gives the team a solid check to non-subtoxic aegislash and breelom, which is always cool. since the lati twins are two of megazard-y's biggest enemies, i put in tyranitar to dispose of them w/ pursuit. tyranitar's pursuit-trapping shenanigans also help the next member of this team: keldeo. keldeo is cool because it checks bisharp, tyranitar, and heatran, which is always nice. in a pinch, it can also lure in and beat goodra w/ secret sword, so that's always cool. scarf garchomp was quickly added in as a 5th member because the team needed a revenge killer that could stop a +1 megazard-x and gyarados. it also stops thundurus and greninja from dealing too much damage to the team, so that's cool. ferrothorn was added to give the team stealth rock support and a reliable check to azumarill, manaphy, and tyranitar.

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 236 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Thundurus (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

AGuyWithPants, here you go. one lucario offense team, hot and ready to go.

i started w/ lucario because of its status as one of the few sweepers that thundurus and talonflame cannot effectively revenge kill. i then added choice band dragonite because having another extreme speed user and a check to double genie hyper offense is cool. dragonite can also crack teams open with its powerful attacks so lucario can sweep in the late game. latias synergizes with lucario and dragonite thanks to its ability to clear hazards and lure in tyranitar and bisharp. thundurus is there to lure in and weaken mega venusaur w/ psychic, while providing the team with paralysis support and yet another form of priority. mamoswine gives the team stealth rock, an effective dragon slayer, a check to powerful electrics (and landorus!), as well as another source of priority. assault vest azumarill gives the team a potent check to a multitude of powerful special attackers in ou.

feel free to ask me questions about evs and moves on both of these teams. just remember to tag me.

e: grammar and importable fixes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)