UU Victim of the Week! (Week Twenty-Seven: Contrary Serperior)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel like this week's victim is a little bit weaker than the other ones because its moveset this time around is static and therefore resisted by quite a lot.
I could have just made a ton of slashes with EQ in there but you'd be tiptoeing on different sets. Also folks remember to tag your stuff as checks/counters

I nominate Golbat as the mixed infernape check.
Despite being a not fully evolved pokemon with the addition of eviolite, golbat has seen a rise in popularity with its amazing eviolite bulk. Golbat can perform well as a toxic staller, a setup phaser with whirlwind, has a strong stab against troublesome fighting, grass and bug types, a decent recovery and can defog, just to name a few of its capabilities. Being able to perform multiple tasks lets this poke take care of niche roles that would save you, the trainer, another pokemon or move slot that can be used to fulfill another role. Having eviolite ensures that if an opponent doesn't have knockoff that they will die a slow and painful death and with so few thunder and psychic types in the tier this mon can take annoying to another level ensuring successful ragequits and you tasting the salty tears of your opponent.
Also i think Brobat, that you would like it.

SET
Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

CALCS
24 Atk Golbat Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 294-348 (100.3 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
72 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Golbat: 42-49 (12 - 14%) -- possible 8HKO
+2 184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 232 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat: 220-259 (63 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (edit*)
+2 184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 232 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat: 26-31 (7.4 - 8.8%) -- possibly the worst move ever(edit*)
Set Notes

With double resist to the close combat stab and the grass knot; while also being a very light poke, two of its three attacks are rendered useless.
Further more the bulk given to it by its eviolite, this monkey is sure to be unable to ohko golbat even with a plus two fireblast in addition to rocks.
The 24ev investment ensures infernape(any standard set) dies from 100 percent from this bulky aerial threat even though with life orb recoil with 0 investment brave bird still ohkos.
It can easily switch in on any attack and ohko as well as switch in on the nasty plot setup even if rocks are on the field.
The main disadvantage of this set is that rocks hurt it it puts at a disadvantageous positon however roost can change the playing field quite quickly as infernape requires setup before it can put a dent in this special wall.

Better get those max repels ready.

Last edited:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nominating Mega Aerodactyl as a Check.

View attachment 17349
Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 200 HP / 172 Atk / 40 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Aerial Ace
- Taunt/Stealth Rock
- Roost

Aero vs Nape: 172 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 338-398 (115.3 - 135.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Nape vs Aero: 72 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 214-253 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 200 HP / 40 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 188-222 (53.5 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 200 HP / 40 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 183-217 (52.1 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As seen in these calcs Aero can take any hit from Infernape even when it has a nasty plot set up. It easily forces out with Aerial Ace. The EVs avoid 2hko from sashzam, outspeeding Crobat, and rest dumped into Attack. Roost also lets him continually check Nape when given oppurtunities against mons like Florges, Blissey not using T-wave, etc. He also is immune to Earthquake, a possible move on Mixnape. Also with these Evs Infernape has no move that ohkoes Megadactyl without prior boosting. This set isn't dead weight to a team, (while stone edge is usually better STAB for dactyl.)

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I nominate Golbat as the mixed infernape check.
Despite being a not fully evolved pokemon with the addition of eviolite, golbat has seen a rise in popularity with its amazing eviolite bulk. Golbat can perform well as a toxic staller, a setup phaser with whirlwind, has a strong stab against troublesome fighting, grass and bug types, a decent recovery and can defog, just to name a few of its capabilities. Being able to perform multiple tasks lets this poke take care of niche roles that would save you, the trainer, another pokemon or move slot that can be used to fulfill another role. Having eviolite ensures that if an opponent doesn't have knockoff that they will die a slow and painful death and with so few thunder and psychic types in the tier this mon can take annoying to another level ensuring successful ragequits and you tasting the salty tears of your opponent.
Also i think Brobat, that you would like it.

SET
Golbat @ Eviolite
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

CALCS
24 Atk Golbat Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 294-348 (100.3 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
72 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Golbat: 42-49 (12 - 14%) -- possible 8HKO
+2 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 232 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat: 196-231 (56.1 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 232 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Golbat: 23-27 (6.5 - 7.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever
Set Notes

With double resist to the close combat stab and the grass knot; while also being a very light poke, two of its three attacks are rendered useless.
Further more the bulk given to it by its eviolite, this monkey is sure to be unable to ohko golbat even with a plus two fireblast in addition to rocks.
The 24ev investment ensures infernape(any standard set) dies from 100 percent from this bulky aerial threat even though with life orb recoil with 0 investment brave bird still ohkos.
It can easily switch in on any attack and ohko as well as switch in on the nasty plot setup even if rocks are on the field.
The main disadvantage of this set is that rocks hurt it it puts at a disadvantageous positon however roost can change the playing field quite quickly as infernape requires setup before it can put a dent in this special wall.

Better get those max repels ready.

ur calcs are using -spa infernape

Nominating Noivern as a Check.

Noivern @ Draco Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Roost

I use this set to check Mixed NPape. It can switch in on any attack or on Nasty Plot at least once, more if you can find opportunities to use Roost. Noivern can respond with a faster Draco Meteor which has a guarantee to OHKO.

72 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 112-133 (36 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern: 113-134 (36.3 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Draco Plate Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 306-360 (104.4 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even with Stealth Rocks on the field Noivern is a solid Check and also operates as a fantastic mid-late game cleaner.

Can I just say Sash Zam with Dazzling Gleam as a counter or do I have to write up the whole fucking set.

Fine.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

K so you come in on literally any move, then outspeed and kill with dazzling gleam. You also serve as a great way to hurt stall or offensive alike with your blazing speed and special attack. Dazzling Gleam over Focus Blast helps to fuck over sableye as well as not missing hydreigon.

Counter ez.
252 SpA Alakazam Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 356-422 (121.5 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So I guess this one again. Give it double hit next time.

6 hours has passed
as soon as i posted this the first time i saw tenta reservation so im gunna rule shark... (sorry)
I nominate Tentacruel as the mixed infernape counter.
Tentacruel is decently bulky and utility based physical or special wall depending on you're preference or team need. With its ability liquid ooze tentacruel can switch into leech seeds or take drain punches and smile at the opponent as they take recoil damage instead of healing, with its poison typing it can take a grass hit as neutral and scare out a grass type and suck up toxic spikes for free, with its water typing it gains stab on the pretty scary scald which can cripple physical attackers with a burn and fire types take super effective damage. Tentacruel may not a very attractive poke but its use cant be denied as it can setup t-spikes, serve as a rapid spinner and spread toxic and burns to the opposing team.
SET(1)
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

CALCS
0 SpA Tentacruel Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 188-224 (64.1 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
72 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Tentacruel: 121-142 (33.2 - 39%) -- 9.5% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tentacruel: 118-140 (32.4 - 38.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tentacruel: 116-136 (31.8 - 37.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Tentacruel Scald vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 288-338 (98.2 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Set Notes

The case of infernape, tentacruel, carries a dual resist as water resists fire and poison resists fighting.
Scald is super effective on infernape.
Scald k.0.s after one close combat due to the sdef drop and lifeorb recoil.
Tentacruel resists grass knot.

Set(2)
Ability: Rain Dish
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Rain Dance

Calcs

0 SpA Tentacruel Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape in Rain: 284-336 (96.9 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+6 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tentacruel in Rain: 117-139 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 88.5% chance to 4HKO after Rain Dish recovery and Black Sludge recovery
+6 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tentacruel: 229-270 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Rain Dish recovery and Black Sludge recovery

Set Notes

Rain dance which is primarily used on a rain team destroys the special side of infernape
Rain dish and black sludge recovery makes it extremely difficult to even 2hit ko unless at plus 6 with grass knot... (who would really let that happen-_-)
Scald is rain boosted now so the ko is imminent.
Not as strong a counter as chandelure but this does a damn good job of it

Again... those max repels people.

CoolStoryBrobat

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
6 hours has passed
as soon as i posted this the first time i saw tenta reservation so im gunna rule shark... (sorry)
I nominate Tentacruel as the mixed infernape counter.
Tentacruel is decently bulky and utility based physical or special wall depending on you're preference or team need. With its ability liquid ooze tentacruel can switch into leech seeds or take drain punches and smile at the opponent as they take recoil damage instead of healing, with its poison typing it can take a grass hit as neutral and scare out a grass type and suck up toxic spikes for free, with its water typing it gains stab on the pretty scary scald which can cripple physical attackers with a burn and fire types take super effective damage. Tentacruel may not a very attractive poke but its use cant be denied as it can setup t-spikes, serve as a rapid spinner and spread toxic and burns to the opposing team.
SET(1)
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

CALCS
0 SpA Tentacruel Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 188-224 (64.1 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
72 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Tentacruel: 121-142 (33.2 - 39%) -- 9.5% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tentacruel: 118-140 (32.4 - 38.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tentacruel: 116-136 (31.8 - 37.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Tentacruel Scald vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 288-338 (98.2 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Set Notes

The case of infernape, tentacruel, carries a dual resist as water resists fire and poison resists fighting.
Scald is super effective on infernape.
Scald k.0.s after one close combat due to the sdef drop and lifeorb recoil.
Tentacruel resists grass knot.

Set(2)
Ability: Rain Dish
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Rain Dance

Calcs

0 SpA Tentacruel Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape in Rain: 284-336 (96.9 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+6 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tentacruel in Rain: 117-139 (32.1 - 38.1%) -- 88.5% chance to 4HKO after Rain Dish recovery and Black Sludge recovery
+6 184- SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tentacruel: 229-270 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Rain Dish recovery and Black Sludge recovery

Set Notes

Rain dance which is primarily used on a rain team destroys the special side of infernape
Rain dish and black sludge recovery makes it extremely difficult to even 2hit ko unless at plus 6 with grass knot... (who would really let that happen-_-)
Scald is rain boosted now so the ko is imminent.
Not as strong a counter as chandelure but this does a damn good job of it

Again... those max repels people.
I didn't think I was going to need to specify this but post only one Pokemon next time. I'll give you Tentacruel but I'm nullifying your Golbat post, if only because Tentacruel is 5 times more viable in UU than Golbat is, and I don't want confusion to break out from me saying your 2nd post didn't count and that someone else could take it. You're welcome

Seriously though...one mon. You ain't see anyone here winning for multiple entries in one week, show some courtesy

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nominating rest talk Mega Ampharos as a check.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static --> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpA
Bold Nature
-Dragon Pulse
-Volt Switch
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Mega Ampharos has very well rounded defenses, so being able to check MixApe should not be a great surprise. Unboosted Fire Blast does not do much to it, Grass Knot does jack to it, and Close Combat with the given EVs fails to 2HKO Max defense Mega Ampharos while Mega Ampharos can proceed to rest off the damage and/or do significant damage to Ape with its already strong uninvested base 165 Special Attack.
Splitting EVs between defenses may help against MixApe but this is pretty much the standard EVs since MixApe ain't the only thing that rest talk Mega Ampharos can check, ya know. :)

Edit: Here are some general things I got from calcs since I can only do this on my phone atm:

Close combat does max 39.8% damage, so it will never 2hko unless stealth rocks and spikes (doesn't matter how many layers) are both on the field.

Fire blast does 26.6% max unboosted, but it has a chance to 2hko at +2, and is guaranteed after stealth rocks. Grass knot does very little damage, so it is pretty much irrelevant unless Amp is at very low health.

Mega Ampharos on the other hand does at least 69% damage (80% max) back with its Dragon Pulse, and Volt Switch does at least 53%, while potentially allowing a revenge killer to come in and finish Ape off.

Last edited:

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast / Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Dragon Tail

72 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Slowking: 112-133 (28.4 - 33.7%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO YUM
184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 114-135 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 1.7% chance to 3HKO YUM
184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 58-69 (14.7 - 17.5%) -- possible 6HKO YUM
+2 184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 226-268 (57.3 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO DELICIOUS NUTRITIOUS YUM

252+ SpA Slowking Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 318-374 (108.5 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO Bop?#$?^$#

Slowking is the counter and with Regen it can be doing it all game long :] And unlike all the other noms, Slowking isn't completely retarded and actually holds weight in the current UU tier. Not much else to say, there's 2 scenarios. Infernape attacks Slowking for shit damage as Slowking comes in. Slowking comes in on a Nasty Plot, takes shit damage, kills it and goes along on it's merry way.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think Noivern makes a decent offensive check, also beating the sets that would run eq.

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Air Slash
-Flamethrower
-Roost

first scenario- switch in on nasty plot, outspeed and ohko. second scenario, switch in on any attack, take at most 43% from the fire blast, then either ohko back or use roost. but be aware that you can't take a fire blast + stealth rock followed by a close combat on the turn you lose your flying type from roost.
both draco meteor and air slash are ez ohkos
St123 used Noivern as a check already. Find something else

I nominate this custom Assault Vest Slowbro set with a slightly weird EV spread but bear with me

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 176 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA / 36 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

And now for the calcs...

184 SpA Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 176 HP / 36 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 110-130 (29.3 - 34.6%) -- 6% chance to 3HKO-NOICE
72 Atk Infernape Close Combat vs. 176 HP / 44 Def Slowbro: 63-75 (16.8 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO-SUPER NOICE
184 SpA Infernape Fire Blast vs. 176 HP / 36 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 56-66 (14.9 - 17.6%) -- possible 6HKO-EXTRA SUPER NOICE

252+ SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 318-374 (108.5 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO-BYE BYE INFERNAPE

And even when Ape is at +2 grass knot dosen't kill.

Presenting Fletchinder as check :

Fletchinder @ No Item
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 Hp / 252 Att / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sword Dance
- Roost
- Will-o-Wisp

Fletchinder's by-far greatest weakness is Stealth Rock. While on it's side of the field, Fletchinder's duties as an offensive check to, amongst others, Infernape is completly hindered as it will not be able to switch in and survive resisted hits even from full health. However, with good hazard control, Fletchinder can not only revenger kill and sweep, but also check notable threats like Infernape due to it's typing. The ideal situation is to switch the bird in on Infernape while it tries to set-up, since even unboosted, both Close Combat and Fire Blast do just over half on non-dedicated spreads. Although after sponging the hit, Fletchinder obviously threatens to 1hko via STAB Acrobatics and can even fearlessly Roost expecting the opponent to switch, as it can comfortobly take another hit after the prioritied Roost without risking dying.
Sidenot : Spread is standart, allowing it to outspeed Sucker Punch Honchkrow. A spread of 248\116\56\0\88\0 could be used to specifically survive any unboosted 2hko from ape and still 1hko with acro.

Relevant Calcs :
184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Fletchinder: 160-187 (54.9 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
72 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Fletchinder: 149-177 (51.2 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 356-422 (121.5 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Presenting Chandelure as a Counter:

Chandelure @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower

Thanks to its ability, Chandelure is immune to both of Infernape's STABs, and is only stopped if Infernape has been given multiple opportunities to set up.

With Choice Specs and the given investments, Chandelure's Special Attack reaches levels only seen in Ubers, allowing it to 1HKO with Shadow Ball and boosted Fire Blast. Choice Scarf allows Chandelure to outspeed Infernape if it switches into a +6 Grass Knot, however, this implies that setup fodder was switched out beforehand.

If Flash Fire has not been activated:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 343-405 (117 - 138.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 236-278 (80.5 - 94.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 129-152 (44 - 51.8%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 193-228 (65.8 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If Flash Fire has been activated:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Flash Fire Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 354-417 (120.8 - 142.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Flash Fire Chandelure Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 290-342 (98.9 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Infernape's calcs:
184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 38-44 (14.5 - 16.8%) -- possible 6HKO
+2 184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 74-88 (28.3 - 33.7%) -- 0.4% chance to 3HKO
+4 184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 112-133 (42.9 - 50.9%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
+6 184 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 149-175 (57 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

CoolStoryBrobat

Alright, now that I'm back let's get this project rolling once again! Winners have been decided for the top 3 checks/counters to mixed NP Infernape (No specific order):

Top 3 checks:

Noivern - st123
Aerodactyl - Sage of the 6
Ampharos - dingbat

Top 3 counters:

Slowking - Calloflochie
Victini - Sean B.
Chandelure - Colbrushie

The next victim will be:

Set name: Dragon Dance Haxorus
name: Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Outrage
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Swords Dance / Poison Jab / Dual Chop
ability: Mold Breaker
item: Life Orb / Lum Berry
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly / Adamant

Another newcomer to UU, let's see how you guys handle this one. OP will be updated momentarily. Also congrats Colbrushie for winning 3 weeks! You earn a leaderboard point. I'm also going to add in a mini-leaderboard of sorts just to keep track of points earned during this competition more easily.

Granbull is a counter.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Def
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Heal Bell

Thanks to Fairy-typing + Intimidate, this is one of the best ways to deal with Haxorus. Although it has to rely on RestTalk for recovery, the ability to run Heal Bell means it has a good chance of sleeping for less than 2 turns while not burning through Heal Bell PP too quickly. It'd be nice to run Earthquake for the coverage and the hit on Fire-types, but everyone and their mother runs a bulky water, so it's manageable. Fits on balance, fits on stall, is kind of pink in a way if your vision is blurry, good pokemon. Spread is specifically to guarantee the Play Rough OHKO on Haxorus, because otherwise it could miraculously avoid it, although you're free to run less attack because usually, Haxrous will not be 100%.

252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Granbull: 281-333 (73.1 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Granbull: 264-311 (68.7 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

84+ Atk Granbull Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 294-348 (100 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Whimsicott as a check

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Moonblast

Whimsicott is a solid Haxorus check, it's a counter if Haxorus doesn't have Poison Jab or use any other move on switch in because Whimsicott can encore Haxorus with prankster into whatever move it goes for and set up a sub and kill it with moonblast.

252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 442-520 (136.4 - 160.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 69-81 (21.2 - 25%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 222-264 (75.7 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Escavalier as a check

Escavalier @ Assault Vest/ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off/ Pursuit
- Drill Run

Great typing and great bulk to take boosted hits with a massive attack stat and high powered STAB to demolish spikedragon. I would call it a counter but with a lack of leftovers or reliable recovery esca becomes very easy to wear down and may be susceptible to haxorus late game after being whittled down. But, the calcs clearly show that a healthy esca can come in as haxorus boosts and smash it with a megahorn. The only scenario where a healthy esca is always ohkod by haxorus (not counting a crit) is an adamant life orb variant that sets up an SD on the switch with stealth rock up but not even the counter Granbull is taking that well.

+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 172-203 (50 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 189-223 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 224-264 (65.1 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 246-290 (71.5 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 229-270 (66.5 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 298-351 (86.6 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Escavalier Megahorn vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 243-286 (75.2 - 88.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)