Multi Gen Smogon Uberstars [Round 1]

70% chance to win. Thunder sucks. Why was my only attacking move on Latias Thunder. Hack why. lost vs BPC
Won vs MM2

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I just realized that I lost all my bw2 teams, so sub/take me out please!

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I can't seem to catch LuckOverSkill (more my fault since I've been quite busy this week) and HSA hasn't responded to either of my VMs. So uh activity I guess.

Tried to find LuckOverSkill yesterday but we must have missed each other, he says he can't fight thursday so i'll need to try catching him on deadline day. FLCL and HSA haven't responded to my VMs as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FXI1mGi50zxtVgTN_QTMWhLErkWt43rZt4w-jqL1VNw/edit?usp=sharing

linked above is a spreadsheet showing the current state of uberstars r1 and 3 things are apparent from it:
  • with the deadline approaching, many matches have yet to be completed
  • a sizable handful of people have shown little to no activity, indicating a lack of interest in the tournament which will likely carry on to future rounds. there are currently insufficient substitutes to fill the void
  • there are still a substantial number of players who appear to be interested in seeing this tournament through
there is also the pertinent issue of "uberstars" not living up to its name anymore as problems stated. there are next to no players who are adept in all of dpp, bw, and xy ubers. the notion of elite players duking it out in epic battles is therefore flawed. afaik, some players are not showing interest in this because they are not familiar with/dislike a particular gen or other.

in light of all this, there are 3 solutions:

1. gather more subs to replace all inactive players, complete this round, and proceed with the tour. in this case, it will probably need to be renamed. example: (up-and-coming) uberstars. anyone who wants to try their hand at this are welcome to join as subs. the theme of the tour will be a lot more casual.
2. end this round on the stipulated deadline (gmt+0, 2359 the 18th - i can extend it by a couple of days). scores will then be tallied and i will create new pools based on the remaining players we have. inactive players will be removed.
3. scrap the tour (self-explanatory)

as i'm going to take this over, i would appreciate community input on this in order to better decide which solution is optimal.

Last edited:
I have scheduled with Jayde so that match will be finished, Manaphy dropped out aparently and Ojama I'm stilll trying to catch

Edit: 2 seems like a solid solution if you can that work out, though might be unfair for some people who played their worst tier round 1 and their better tiers later with less battles or something, but I do like this one personally

1 also is fine imo if 2 is too compliicated

In order to get as many incomplete matches as possible done this weekend, I am extending the deadline to 2359, GMT+8 on Monday, the 21st.

Already posted for activity vs Go10, even with the deadline extended to the 21st of july, didn't get any response from him, claiming activity one more time, too late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)