Multi Gen Ubers Replay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me some constructive criticism on this match i had against this person? I'm relatively new to 6th gen ubers so please bare with me here lol.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-141431325 I am buns of Gajeel
I suppose i can add some small notes as i watch.
Turn 5 (Letting Klefki get KO'd) ?!?!?!?! absolutely huge mistake. Klefki does very well against offensive teams with its Prankster Thunder Wave and did work against his entire team (and Lugia can't touch it at all), and you just threw that away when you had a perfectly safe switch in to Kyogre.
Turn 8 - 22 (Lugia ruining your team) this is where letting Klefki die has really bitten you in the ass, it can't be emphasized enough how bad that misplay has cost you. In any case you should have tried to Roar Lugia out asap or as it roosts and try to make sure you can handle it when it next comes back in.
Turn 24 (Double switch to Kyogre) There isn't much you can do at this stage, but be aware that instead of Recover stalling he could have just taken you out with Poison Arceus before you even move. Make sure you can evaluate if the double switch is worth it. Perhaps Blaziken would have been the best option here, you got a Swords Dance on this Arceus very easily and could have counter swept.
Turn 27: Ah so its revealed his Poison Arceus has Roar. Well in this case the SD isn't possible and things don't look too good.
Turns 27-30: Alright the comeback seems to be on its way, Scarf Xerneas can work very well against offensive/balanced teams.
Turn 31: This was the perfect opportunity to try switching to Blaziken and see if you can break Lugia as it tries to Roost, but instead you go into Grass Arceus a turn later which makes no sense at all. He has already revealed the substitute and can easily dodge Will-O-Wisp so this switch is just a terrible play.
Turn 34- End game: Apart from some silly switching around that can't touch/bother Lugia in any way this battle is over unless he made a horrendous misplay. Nearly did it with Blaziken though.

If Klefki was still alive this match would have been very easy. Lugia's set could not touch it in any way and was forced out / Spikes fodder but you sacking it for no reason at all cost you this match. Evaluate what you have to lose before even considering making a play that one-sided to lose from. Hope this helps.

I suppose i can add some small notes as i watch.
Turn 5 (Letting Klefki get KO'd) ?!?!?!?! absolutely huge mistake. Klefki does very well against offensive teams with its Prankster Thunder Wave and did work against his entire team (and Lugia can't touch it at all), and you just threw that away when you had a perfectly safe switch in to Kyogre.
Turn 8 - 22 (Lugia ruining your team) this is where letting Klefki die has really bitten you in the ass, it can't be emphasized enough how bad that misplay has cost you. In any case you should have tried to Roar Lugia out asap or as it roosts and try to make sure you can handle it when it next comes back in.
Turn 24 (Double switch to Kyogre) There isn't much you can do at this stage, but be aware that instead of Recover stalling he could have just taken you out with Poison Arceus before you even move. Make sure you can evaluate if the double switch is worth it. Perhaps Blaziken would have been the best option here, you got a Swords Dance on this Arceus very easily and could have counter swept.
Turn 27: Ah so its revealed his Poison Arceus has Roar. Well in this case the SD isn't possible and things don't look too good.
Turns 27-30: Alright the comeback seems to be on its way, Scarf Xerneas can work very well against offensive/balanced teams.
Turn 31: This was the perfect opportunity to try switching to Blaziken and see if you can break Lugia as it tries to Roost, but instead you go into Grass Arceus a turn later which makes no sense at all. He has already revealed the substitute and can easily dodge Will-O-Wisp so this switch is just a terrible play.
Turn 34- End game: Apart from some silly switching around that can't touch/bother Lugia in any way this battle is over unless he made a horrendous misplay. Nearly did it with Blaziken though.

If Klefki was still alive this match would have been very easy. Lugia's set could not touch it in any way and was forced out / Spikes fodder but you sacking it for no reason at all cost you this match. Evaluate what you have to lose before even considering making a play that one-sided to lose from. Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for the feedback, i will take all of this into account.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uberssuspecttest-146919699

May I please point out the Thunder Wave/Thunder/Protect/Hidden Power Arceus. I didn't know what to think.
Also point out Dragon Rush Yveltal.
Megahorn Protect Xerneras.
Air Balloon offensive Gira-A.
and don't forget based plays like switching Xern into Keys and Luke into Lando.

Order now and you'll get to see the other based sets that were not seen, and we'll double the total number of based sets free of charge*: a fifty dollar value which is yours for only five easy payments of $4.99**. But wait there's more! We'll also send you your very own STAB-less Arceus-Fire for free so that you too can be based. Order now!

1-800-Based Shit
Purchase not valid in Canada because Canadian money is not real.

*must pay additional processing and handling fees of $235.99
**there are actually twenty payments
WARNING, LADDERING IS NOT ADVISED UNDER AND CIRCUMSTANCES AND WILL RESULT IN CANCER. IF YOU HAVE THE SYMPTOMS OF GETTING CANCER FROM THE LADDER INFORM YOUR DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY. OTHER SIDE-EFFECTS INCLUDE LOSS OF APPETITE, THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE, MILD DEATH, AND A RARE DISEASE KNOWN AS TOTAL SCRODAL IMPLOSION. IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS DIAGNOSED WITH TOTAL SCRODAL IMPLOSION STOP LADDERING RIGHT AWAY.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uberssuspecttest-149189812

Mostly a shit battle, but the end is worth it. GeoXern is cat food.
Also was surprised that Rhydon actually did something this battle and literally 100% stopped that MegaKangashkan (that bulk still surprised me as +2 Drain Punch still didn't finish it off there with his pretty low HP left) and dealt good enough damage to Kyurem to cripple it hard. Well still gimmicky pick, but it still kind of surprised me there. Although I admit that physical bulk of Eviolite Rhydon is brilliant (this typing is still horrible though), so maybe it's not as shocking.

That Psych Up MewTwo was fun to see as well ;). Pretty creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)