XY OU I love it when they scream...(STALL)

Hello, my name is Adrian Marin, i'm a Mr. Mime! I'm also an active contributor to the Balanced Hackmons metagame and Other Metagames in general. I also love stall, I don't use any other archetype. I've been trying to build a stall team that could handle an extremely large amount of top threats at once. Monte Cristo , a great friend of mine told me about the amazing wonders of 'stalltini.' Incase you didn't know, stalltini is an insanely good little devil in the current metagame.

(
)

So here's how my team looked like at the beginning. I used Victini as a check to dangerous threats like Mega Gardevoir and non-Knock Off Mega Mawile. Slowbro/Alomomola took care of repulsive Pokemon like Terrakion and Talonflame reasonably well. I added a Spdef Zapdos there to wall both Mega Pinsir and Landorus-Incarnate at once while providing a little offense against more frail teams. Mega Scizor served as a second check to Terrakion, Gardevoir-Mega and possibly other opposing Mega Scizor. The Pink Blob has great synergy with Victini since Victini serves as an excellent counter to Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham and non-Knock Off Mega Mawile. Mixed def Amoonguss took care of a number of threats, most notably Azumarill.

As you can see, there are multiple flaws with the way my former team took care of dangerous threats such as Tyranitar, Thundurus and friends. In other words, it was trash. I ultimately decided to use Alomomola since it's a lot better against Mega Tyranitar and has more synergy with Victini.

This is my current team. At this stage, I learned of the magnificent, fantastic, superb, almighty creature known as Spdef Gliscor. As many of you know, Spdef Gliscor walls a large array of threats with great effect. Landorus-Incarnate, non-SD Mega Heracross, Terrakion and other repulsive Pokemon are all effectively walled (provided Landorus-Incarnate does not carry HP-Ice.) Now, onto the team!

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Taunt
- Bolt Strike
- Will-O-Wisp

Victini is an incredible asset to stall teams in the current metagame. With good bulk, a deceptively good typing and two incredible attacks in Bolt Strike and V-create, Victini is a force to be reckoned with. Victini is a stellar check to non-Shadow Ball Mega Gardevoir, non-Knock Off Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham and Calm Mind/Cosmic Power Clefable. The EV spread allows it to outpace Jolly Tyranitar and Adamant Bisharp while maximizing its attack to demolish the opposition with powerful attacks. The rest of its EVs are dumped into HP to ensure it can combat powerful threats optimally. One of the main attractions of this set is its ability to break through teams with a combination of power, Taunt and Will-O-Wisp. It can easily pivot throughout the game and mess up teams. Victini forms a nice FWG core with Alomomola and Mega Venusaur. As a matter of fact, Stalltini is so great that this team was actually built around it. Sorry if I made my Victini desc like an analysis, but most don't really know about stalltini.

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Magic Coat
- Wish
- Scald
- Toxic

FISH FISH FISH! I LOVE FISH! This fish does not stop fishing around. Wish to fish for heals, Scald to fish for burns, Magic Coat to fish for bouncing something back (most notably Taunt) and Toxic to fish for poison. Fishfish is an excellent pivot that can provide large wishes and support against the likes of Terrakion, Charizard-X and Tyranitar. The spread I use optimises is overall bulk while allowing it to always survive against a Timid Mega Charizard-Y's Solarbeam. FishfishfishFISH has become a staple for most of my recent stall teams. Its superb bulk, large Wishes and ability to check so many threats at once truly does make it amazing.

I often lead with fishfishfish to take care of common hazards leads like Deoxys-D, Garchomp, Tyranitar and Shuckle.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off / Taunt / Protect
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Ok, so before you start hating on my Gliscor spread, this was suggested by Monte Cristo and for good reason. Unlike the more commonly used 252 HP / 72 Def / 110 SpD / 74 Spe +Spdef spread, 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 SpD actually has higher stats overall while having barely any worse spdef than the standard Spdef Gliscor spread. Gliscor, the magnificent, fantastic, superb and almighty checks Landorus-I, Terrakion, non-Swords Dance Mega Heracross and non-Ice Beam Mega Tyranitar. I use Knock Off since it's such a great utility move and i'd have quite the stallbreaker Gengar problem without it. Toxic is needed for Landorus-I and Mega Heracross. The rest are quite self explanatory.

It does often have trouble early-game, especially against Heatran since it can easily burn it on the switch. Additionally, it must be kept healthy to counter the threats it must wall.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Unfortunately, I can't seem to fit Stealth Rock on any other Pokemon. Not that it's a bad thing, I feel that Chansey is a stellar Stealth Rock setter. Its great bulk allows it to come in, set hazards and support the team constantly throughout the battle. Chansey also suits stalltini teams quite well since as I said in the Team Process, Chansey has great synergy with Victini because Victini serves as an excellent counter to Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham and non-Knock Off Mega Mawile. I don't think there's much more to explain, after all, everyone knows the pink blob.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Counter
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Skarmory is my main counter against Bisharp and other physical attackers. I use the Taunt / Counter set due to its effectiveness in the current metagame. I love how Taunt/Counter Skarmory actually has a way of dealing with Bisharp after using Defog with some level of prediction. The main issue with my Skarmory is that it must be kept healthy to wall Bisharp, non-Fire Fang Mega Mawile and Mega Pinsir. Honestly, I use Skarmory on practically all my stall teams. None of my stall teams without Skarmory (bar Mega Scizor and Mega Zard-X stall teams) have performed as well.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Mega Venusaur has had huge success this generation. It's quite difficult to build a stall team without throwing a Mega Venusaur in it. I'm honestly not too sure about my current Mega Venusaur, but it does its job admirably. It counters Azumarill and a million others with its insane walling power. Under normal circumstances, I would use Leech Seed or Knock Off in one of my slots, but Ferrothorn is such an annoying presence that i'm forced to use HP-Fire. HP-Fire is also good against Bisharp, Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor. The main reason why I use Sludge Bomb is because of Taunt Thundurus. Without Sludge Bomb, Taunt Thundurus with HP-Ice easily destroys my team.

Suggested move changes made in Italic.

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Taunt
- Bolt Strike
- Will-O-Wisp

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Wish
- Scald
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

This team took quite a while to build! Thank you for reading! I LOVE IT WHEN THEY SCREAM HEHEHEHEHE!

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
No phazing :(

I think you did a typo on the gliscor part explaining the evs.

Looks good I can't see any major problems at first glance ^.^

Just a few nitpicks on your evs, you missed the extra 4 on a few pokes when accounting for sr numbers. Also, I don't get why you use 36 over 32 on mola, as 32 gets you an sr number. It usually doesn't matter, but every once in a while I end up running into random pokes with curse .-.

EDIT: goth zard stall

or just gothitelle in general. I mean I guess there isn't really a way to counter it that effectively without compromising part of your defensive structure, but it's always a threat to stall :(

This team is mind-bendingly annoying to face and is a great stall team.

I do have a few minor nit-picks though.

Firstly,you could change HP Fire to EQ on Venusaur to deal with Heatran, Zard X and Mega Mawile. After all, you already have a fire type in Victini.

Also, just a personal preference, but changing Taunt on Skarmory to Whirlwind allows you to screw up Set-up Sweepers and also cause damage on the forced switch-in if Stealth Rocks are up.

Hope it Helps
-PK

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Ok I think it's noteworthy that suicide lead setup (screens/memento/explosion etc) + quickpass (smeargle) is starting to get more popular after the bpass nerf, and your team has no way real of dealing with it. I got swept by a stored power espeon three times already .-.

This team is mind-bendingly annoying to face and is a great stall team.

I do have a few minor nit-picks though.

Firstly,you could change HP Fire to EQ on Venusaur to deal with Heatran, Zard X and Mega Mawile. After all, you already have a fire type in Victini.

Also, just a personal preference, but changing Taunt on Skarmory to Whirlwind allows you to screw up Set-up Sweepers and also cause damage on the forced switch-in if Stealth Rocks are up.

Hope it Helps
-PK
I've considered these changes before. The problem with giving my Mega Venusaur Earthquake is that Ferrothorn is a massive headache to my team, Victini doesn't enjoy switching in with rocks up. Additionally, I already have three viable switch ins to most Heatran sets. For now, I think HP-Fire is the best option when it comes to consistency. Whirlwind does fix some issues on paper, but i'll lose the ability to check a large amount of the metagame with the combination of Taunt and Counter.

Thanks a lot for the rate!
Ok I think it's noteworthy that suicide lead setup (screens/memento/explosion etc) + quickpass (smeargle) is starting to get more popular after the bpass nerf, and your team has no way real of dealing with it. I got swept by a stored power espeon three times already .-.

The threats you're mentioning.... Gothzard beats ALL stall teams, nothing I can do about it. Suicide leads are problematic, again, almost all pure stall teams have trouble against it. Espeon is a large threat to my team, a good way to defeat it is to try to pressure the opponent with Victini and Gliscor.

Thanks for the rates.

I see your stall is spreading from tier to tier... Your team's defensive synergy looks great, but I'll need to play with it for more advice beyond that listed above. I really don't have much more to say except that you forgot Toxic on Gliscor and Toxic & Scald on fishfish in the importable, and that you tagged the wrong me! xD (You tagged Platypus Venom instead of PlatypusVenom, who I noticed last year and hasn't been active since the week he joined in 2011).

I shall return after hands-on experience with the team!

EDIT: Alright, I just played some matches.

A couple were against amateur players who forfeit after a while of stall -.- and one gave me trouble with setup sweepers. The largest problem with them is that it can be difficult to discourage a setup, and that even though the opponent's HP is being whittled away be toxic, the team really doesn't have much it can do to just finish them off quickly from red-zone HP (a job usually accomplished by priority moves or a fast cleanup sweeper).

Also, as a huge fan of using Gliscor, I find that toxic stall works much better with a move like protect. While roost restores an amazing net 62.5%, protect can be more useful as a jack-of-all-trades stall technique. What I mean by that is simply that if you have Gliscor out and the foe (which can hypothetically OHKO you from your current HP) will faint next turn from toxic, you can protect instead of something taking damage from a switch. This also ties in to the setup sweepers; it doesn't matter how many boosts they have as long as you have protect. I'm not saying protect > roost, just that probably protect > something.

My last comment here is to take this RMT with a grain of salt; I'm frankly not used to some of the Pokemon/EV spreads on this team (for example, SDef Gliscor and Victini in general) and therefore I could have trouble holding something back that I shouldn't. Speaking of SDef Gliscor, when I use a one-sided wall (125 Def / 75 SDef for example), I prefer maximizing the higher stat for minimal damage, while keeping one or two SDef walls to steer clear of SAtk moves and vice versa. This is just a personal preference of mine, but I found it worth mentioning here. This gives Gliscor superior Def rather than above average Def and SDef.

And now finally, as I say in all the RMTs I rate, do with your team as you will. I cannot make you change it, I will not push you to change it, and everything listed above is simply my opinion with a small pinch of my playstyle mixed in for flavor. Best of luck to your team!

Last edited:
Smh I really have to do this. Well anyways your team looks really good and the only glaring problem would be that you have the wrong coat on alomomola afaik. As for everything else gliscor is gonna have a hard time as willos will absolutely cripple it so you might want to run protect idk what over though other then that I say that the eq on Venu is a good suggestion. Heil hyper offense!

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Smh I really have to do this. Well anyways your team looks really good and the only glaring problem would be that you have the wrong coat on alomomola afaik. As for everything else gliscor is gonna have a hard time as willos will absolutely cripple it so you might want to run protect idk what over though other then that I say that the eq on Venu is a good suggestion. Heil hyper offense!
he is supposed to be using mirror coat, that's the lure factor of sdef aloma

Made a mistake with importable, it's fixed now.

EDIT: Magic Coat is a brilliant tool against stallbreaker Talonflame, stallbreaker Heatran and hazard leads. It's quite legit.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
EDIT: Alright, I just played some matches.

A couple were against amateur players who forfeit after a while of stall -.- and one gave me trouble with setup sweepers. The largest problem with them is that it can be difficult to discourage a setup, and that even though the opponent's HP is being whittled away be toxic, the team really doesn't have much it can do to just finish them off quickly from red-zone HP (a job usually accomplished by priority moves or a fast cleanup sweeper).
Hmm... I played against this team not too long ago with my team of setup sweepers - was that against you?

I can see this team having problems with Taunt-sweepers, in particular bulky Gyarados. Victini fails to check after a DD, and your only real choice is to hope for a scald burn from fishfish.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
oml the picture i gave you has come back to haunt me

what have i done

And I would definately recommend running Substitute on Gliscor. It adds to the "stall factor" of this team, and it only takes 2 turns of poison heal (Don't you love that) to regen the 25% of health taken.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Your stall team is well built and Stalltini is actually a great pokemon so kudos to you and that dude/dudet who suggested it (found how awesome it was during my SD Mawile calcs that lack knock off).

This team has 3 issues overall, 2 are general annoyers and one absolutely threatens the team from A to Z. The general annoyers are SD Talonflame and CharX with either Outrage or Thunderpunch, because after a boost both these pokemons can 2HKO the entire team if not worse. However you do have general checks in place (Rocky Helmet Alom, Taunt/Counter Skarmory) so be careful when facing these pokemons. For example, try to taunt them before they get even more boosts, keep them relatively healthy to recoil kill them/counter them, etc.

The big kahuna however is a relatively rare set these days but could explode in usage at any time, and that is NastyPlot Thundrus with HP Flying. Once it sets up, only Chansey (50-60% damage with +2 FB) and Gliscor (70-80% +2 HP Fly) can manage to live once. Tbolt and HP Flying proceed to knock out everyone with single shots afterwards.

The thing these 3 share is their love to set up, and everything Alom does can be covered by standard Quagsire, and everyone except for Tini can recover health so the loss of Wish is relatively minor. The best case scenarios the above 3 mons can hope for against Quag is SR+High damage roll for Adamant CB Talons only, FB hitting more for Thundrus and required switch in hit, and Outrage for Charx in which case you can switch to Skarm afterwards. It does make the team more common-ish but hey, nothings perfect. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Your stall team is well built and Stalltini is actually a great pokemon so kudos to you and that dude/dudet who suggested it (found how awesome it was during my SD Mawile calcs that lack knock off).

This team has 3 issues overall, 2 are general annoyers and one absolutely threatens the team from A to Z. The general annoyers are SD Talonflame and CharX with either Outrage or Thunderpunch, because after a boost both these pokemons can 2HKO the entire team if not worse. However you do have general checks in place (Rocky Helmet Alom, Taunt/Counter Skarmory) so be careful when facing these pokemons. For example, try to taunt them before they get even more boosts, keep them relatively healthy to recoil kill them/counter them, etc.

The big kahuna however is a relatively rare set these days but could explode in usage at any time, and that is NastyPlot Thundrus with HP Flying. Once it sets up, only Chansey (50-60% damage with +2 FB) and Gliscor (70-80% +2 HP Fly) can manage to live once. Tbolt and HP Flying proceed to knock out everyone with single shots afterwards.

The thing these 3 share is their love to set up, and everything Alom does can be covered by standard Quagsire, and everyone except for Tini can recover health so the loss of Wish is relatively minor. The best case scenarios the above 3 mons can hope for against Quag is SR+High damage roll for Adamant CB Talons only, FB hitting more for Thundrus and required switch in hit, and Outrage for Charx in which case you can switch to Skarm afterwards. It does make the team more common-ish but hey, nothings perfect. Cheers.
Hello X5Dragon, this is a really good rate and is spot on. I have considered changing Alomomola to Quagsire since it performs quite well against NP Thundy, but that would leave me a lot more vulnerable to Terrakion, Keldeo and Banded Talonflame. I find that Alomomola is a stellar check to Charizard-X in most cases, I also normally don't have problems against SD Talonflame, but it can prove to be quite annoying. Thanks a lot for the rate! If you have any good solutions for Thundy without compromising my defensive structure, that would really help!

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
NP Thundurus isn't really a threat here tbh. Gliscor can wall it, and no one is running LO Focus Blast on an NP Thundurus set so Chansey can too.

A couple EVs suggestions...

244 HP / 184 SpD / 80 Spe Careful on Gliscor. 244 HP is a Poison Heal number, and 80 Spe just creeps a little bit while outspending everything you need it to. I prefer a Careful spread with no Defense because as an Aegi and Lando check, you want all the bulk you can get and you have things like Exca easily covered, the extra bulk is almost superfluous.

Skarmory: 8 Spe EVs to outspeed other Skarmory and Taunt first.

Mola: 32 HP for a SR HP number.

--

Seismic Toss > Toxic on Chansey. This makes you less vulnerable to Taunt Thundurus, especially if it carries Psychic to hit Mega Venu, makes Chansey not complete Taunt bait, and lessens its passivity because it can wear down things faster. With that change I suggest Knock Off > Sludge Bomb on Mega Venusaur, which helps with things like Gengar and Latis switch-ins as well as just the general utility of removing items from switch-ins.

Finally I want to recommend Lefties > Rocky Helmet on Alomomola. Especially because you don't have Protect I feel like it's needed to keep Mola healthy throughout the match without having to heal itself often, if ever. Rocky Helmet does get residual damage on certain threats which makes Mola slightly less passive, but ultimately the passive recovery is much more useful.

Hope I helped, pretty cool team n_n

Just in case it wasn't clear, and the Focus blast can be run with either Life Orb or Leftovers (https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/thundurus):

Chansey:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 326-384 (46.3 - 54.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 424-499 (60.2 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Gliscor:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 184 SpD Gliscor: 253-298 (71.4 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 184 SpD Gliscor: 195-229 (55 - 64.6%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

Victni:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 224 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 285-336 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 224 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 370-437 (93.1 - 110%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

MVenu:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 248 HP / 196 SpD Mega Venusaur: 361-429 (99.4 - 118.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 248 HP / 196 SpD Mega Venusaur: 278-330 (76.5 - 90.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

(you can guess what happens to FishFish and Amory)
===============

As for Keldeo, I think MVenu handles him quite well (252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Flying vs. 248 HP / 196 SpD Mega Venusaur: 142-168 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO) and Quagsire is one of the hardest checks you can find for CharX, as well as being a good counter measure for set up users.

However if you see that Alom fits your requirements perfectly when Thundrus is not involved then I suggest you try laying down SR early in the match and use Seismic Toss instead of Toxic on Chansey as suggested to wear it down as it tries to boost. GL.

Last edited:
Just in case it wasn't clear, and the Focus blast can be run with either Life Orb or Leftovers (https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/thundurus):

Chansey:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 326-384 (46.3 - 54.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 424-499 (60.2 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Gliscor:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 184 SpD Gliscor: 253-298 (71.4 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 184 SpD Gliscor: 195-229 (55 - 64.6%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

Victni:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 224 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 285-336 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 224 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 370-437 (93.1 - 110%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

MVenu:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 248 HP / 196 SpD Mega Venusaur: 361-429 (99.4 - 118.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 248 HP / 196 SpD Mega Venusaur: 278-330 (76.5 - 90.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

(you can guess what happens to FishFish and Amory)
===============

As for Keldeo, I think MVenu handles him quite well (252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Flying vs. 248 HP / 196 SpD Mega Venusaur: 142-168 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO) and Quagsire is one of the hardest checks you can find for CharX, as well as being a good counter measure for set up users.

However if you see that Alom fits your requirements perfectly when Thundrus is not involved then I suggest you try laying down SR early in the match and use Seismic Toss instead of Toxic on Chansey as suggested to wear it down as it tries to boost. GL.
Using Seismic Toss instead of Toxic, not changing Quagsire over Alomomola since fish is a lot harder to wear down and does quite good in my experience against Mega Charizard-X. Taking your suggestions to set hazards early in the game to heart. Additionally, what makes me fear Keldeo is really the Scald burns, Mega Venusaur isn't a consistent stop due to this in my opinion. Thanks a lot!

NP Thundurus isn't really a threat here tbh. Gliscor can wall it, and no one is running LO Focus Blast on an NP Thundurus set so Chansey can too.

A couple EVs suggestions...

244 HP / 184 SpD / 80 Spe Careful on Gliscor. 244 HP is a Poison Heal number, and 80 Spe just creeps a little bit while outspending everything you need it to. I prefer a Careful spread with no Defense because as an Aegi and Lando check, you want all the bulk you can get and you have things like Exca easily covered, the extra bulk is almost superfluous. I use minimal defense EVs to survive banded Terrakion's Stone Edge 100% of the time, so I think I might keep it. Also gave it 244 HP. It seems that with 244 HP, it needs 116 def EVs just to survive Banded Terrakion's Stone Edge >.<

Skarmory: 8 Spe EVs to outspeed other Skarmory and Taunt first. I can't believe I didn't give Skarmory 8 Spe EVs, I even made that recommendation to someone else's team. Made the change.

Mola: 32 HP for a SR HP number. Using this now.

--

Seismic Toss > Toxic on Chansey. This makes you less vulnerable to Taunt Thundurus, especially if it carries Psychic to hit Mega Venu, makes Chansey not complete Taunt bait, and lessens its passivity because it can wear down things faster. With that change I suggest Knock Off > Sludge Bomb on Mega Venusaur, which helps with things like Gengar and Latis switch-ins as well as just the general utility of removing items from switch-ins.

This does seem perfect to be honest. With Knock Off Mega Venusaur (which really helps me fight stallbreaker Mega Gengar.), I may as well test out Taunt or Protect with Gliscor. Made changes.

Finally I want to recommend Lefties > Rocky Helmet on Alomomola. Especially because you don't have Protect I feel like it's needed to keep Mola healthy throughout the match without having to heal itself often, if ever. Rocky Helmet does get residual damage on certain threats which makes Mola slightly less passive, but ultimately the passive recovery is much more useful. Testing Leftovers instead of Rocky Helmet.

Hope I helped, pretty cool team n_n

Comments made in bold.

Thanks a lot!

Hmm... I played against this team not too long ago with my team of setup sweepers - was that against you?

I can see this team having problems with Taunt-sweepers, in particular bulky Gyarados. Victini fails to check after a DD, and your only real choice is to hope for a scald burn from fishfish.
This is one of the reasons why I use Magic Coat Alomomola. I think we fought in the suspect ladder before.

Last edited:
Hey Adrian Marin, you might know me as HJ Regicide from the OU Room. I love this team and have used a slight variant of it on the ladder, and it's done well enough to to break 1800. I just have one small change for you on Victini, which is to run a spread of
248 HP / 196 Atk / 32 Def / 32 Spe with an Adamant Nature. This takes away a little attack and guarantees that Mega Medicham's High Jump Kick is a 3HKO without rocks on the field. Without this, you have zero switch ins for a HJK and will have a lot of trouble beating MegaCham.

Edit: Congrats on 500 Posts!

Last edited:
Hey Adrian Marin, you might know me as HJ Regicide from the OU Room. I love this team and have used a slight variant of it on the ladder, and it's done well enough to to break 1800. I just have one small change for you on Victini, which is to run a spread of
248 HP / 196 Atk / 32 Def / 32 Spe with an Adamant Nature. This takes away a little attack and guarantees that Mega Medicham's High Jump Kick is a 3HKO without rocks on the field. Without this, you have zero switch ins for a HJK and will have a lot of trouble beating MegaCham.

Edit: Comgrats on 500 Posts!
Thanks!

I actually did a little testing with a few Victini sets (you can use this for reference) and imo, if you're going to use less attack, I suggest 176 attack as it's a great benchmark since it grants a jump point and guarantees that Mega Medicham will get OHKO'd by V-Create. I've been using a similar set to yours except with 176 attack and it has been performing really effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)