Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to capture a Skarmory on Route 45 in SS with seed 4E1003B2, but a Graveler keeps appearing instead. Everything seems in order, the delay and the frames are fine, the Elm responses are as predicted. I would have captured the Graveler to check the IV spread if it didn't keep Selfdestructing. I've used both 9 and 11 as the encounter slots (with the given seed being slot 9). Is it possible that this is not the correct slot?

Another thing is I can't download EonTimer from the link given on Smogon (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18231634/Central/Index.html) because of Error 509 (too much traffic). Does anyone else have the same problem? Is there an alternative download available?
You should catch that Graveler - use something with Damp if you have to.

If I am trying to hit a seed for an adamant nincada, and I always keep getting the seed I want, but for a Poochyena. If I keep trying to hit that seed will it happen for a nincada eventually or will it keep being for Poochyena?

Rng for emerald btw.
You'll always get Poochyena due to encounter slots. You are searching using Method H-2, yes?

I think you keep meaning to say frame, not seed. Emerald always has a default seed of zero (unless you did not soft-reset at all so far). Frames are what generates a Pokemon with the spreads it gets.

As for guaranteeing you get Nincada, make sure you have the right encounter slots set, as well as making the method H-2 like Hozu said.

I think you keep meaning to say frame, not seed. Emerald always has a default seed of zero (unless you did not soft-reset at all so far). Frames are what generates a Pokemon with the spreads it gets.

As for guaranteeing you get Nincada, make sure you have the right encounter slots set, as well as making the method H-2 like Hozu said.
Ok, thanks. I'm new to rng. Is there a place where I can find encounter slots?

Hi I'm looking for useful Trainer ID/SID for HGSS Shiny RNG. I had a spreadsheet years ago but lost it over time. The links on smogon do not work. Does anyone have a spreadsheet for the above information? Help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a problem trying to RNG in the Route 230 in my Diamond version. Everytime I try hitting the seed 6D0203EF and try to flip the delays from even to odd (viceversa if it is another year), it doesn't matter what I try to do to flip them (change the year, insert my GBA Pokemon cartridges), the delays will simply not flip from even to odd (or viceversa when trying to RNG in another year), something that never happened to me before. What could be causing that? Or should I try my luck with another seed? Any help would be appreciated.

So I RNG'd my ID/SID for HG years ago then took a long hiatus. Problem is I forgot my shiny spreads. Is there any way to find out my spreads again? Thanks.

Hi I'm looking for useful Trainer ID/SID for HGSS Shiny RNG. I had a spreadsheet years ago but lost it over time. The links on smogon do not work. Does anyone have a spreadsheet for the above information? Help would be appreciated.

Easy Solution (iirc)
1. Find a seed with your desired IV/nature (ie 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest)
2. Take the pid of that seed and input it into Pandora Box with a minimum of approx 4500~5000, maximum not really important but the larger it is the more the result
3. Take a seed from the result and try to abuse for the id.
*Note IIRC the second on Padaora maybe off to some degree,

So I RNG'd my ID/SID for HG years ago then took a long hiatus. Problem is I forgot my shiny spreads. Is there any way to find out my spreads again? Thanks.
Hello,
The easy solution, have someone with an AR check the sid of one of your fodder pokemon
Hard way- you have to chain shinies and input its data in the rng reporter

Easy Solution (iirc)
2. Take the pid of that seed and input it into Pandora Box with a minimum of approx 4500~5000, maximum not really important but the larger it is the more the result

Hello,
The easy solution, have someone with an AR check the sid of one of your fodder pokemon

Hey man, nice to see you again. Good thing I have that AR around. Thanks.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Easy Solution (iirc)

Hello,
You can also transfer a Pokemon to Gen 6 and check the SID via pkHex.

I accidentally posted this in the 5th gen thread, but:

I had an issue with RNG reporter (v. 8.31). For seed 150D0284, Breeding (DPPt), I used the Time Finder to find a flawless IV spread. On the 4th Generation Time Finder, it says the spread is 31/B/31/A/31/A for Frame 2. However, when I generate all frames for that spread on the main window, it says 31/B/31/A/31/16. Is there a reason why this discrepancy exists?

& It seems like 31/B/31/A/31/16 was the correct spread :( :(

I accidentally posted this in the 5th gen thread, but:

I had an issue with RNG reporter (v. 8.31). For seed 150D0284, Breeding (DPPt), I used the Time Finder to find a flawless IV spread. On the 4th Generation Time Finder, it says the spread is 31/B/31/A/31/A for Frame 2. However, when I generate all frames for that spread on the main window, it says 31/B/31/A/31/16. Is there a reason why this discrepancy exists?

& It seems like 31/B/31/A/31/16 was the correct spread :( :(
I've never touched 4th gen RNG abuse, but I'm assuming you're doing some breeding? If so, then you may want to make sure that on both Time Finder and Main Window the check box for Ditto is checked - if you're using one, of course. I had a similar problem when I input my seed from Time Finder into the Main Window for 5th gen abuse.

Without any more information, I'm afraid I can't help further (for now).

EDIT:
I can't read, apparently...

I've never touched 4th gen RNG abuse, but I'm assuming you're doing some breeding? If so, then you may want to make sure that on both Time Finder and Main Window the check box for Ditto is checked - if you're using one, of course. I had a similar problem when I input my seed from Time Finder into the Main Window for 5th gen abuse.

Without any more information, I'm afraid I can't help further (for now).

EDIT:
I can't read, apparently...
I'm pretty sure using a Ditto doesn't matter in 4th gen. In fact, there is no such checkbox as far as I can tell... I've done several RNG abuses before without running into this problem.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
With Pokecheck being a relic of the past, is there a way to check the SID for an Emerald save without AR/GS codes or a random derp shiny?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
With Pokecheck being a relic of the past, is there a way to check the SID for an Emerald save without AR/GS codes or a random derp shiny?
You can also transfer a Pokemon to Gen 6 and check the SID via pkHex.
edit: realized that may also require the use of Powersaves. You can also transfer a Pokemon to gen 6 and then ask someone in sqsr to check for you :)

edit2: *facepalm* Esmeya's post below mine is correct. Thanks, Esmeya :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Xen

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Maybe this is just be being dumb about RNGing in general but I was calibrating about 15 times on HG and found these results

(13-487)1 (14-491)4 (13-487)1 (14-495)3 (14-493)2 (14-499) (14-497)5 (14-483) (3-945 and 49-505)??? (14-495)3 (14-511) (13-491)4 (14-493)2 (14-497)5 (14-503)

What exactly are the values I can use? x_x

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)