Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I really like this calculator, but for some reason, I can almost never do ADV calcs. It's as if the button doesn't do anything.
http://puu.sh/97vNt/c0ca391b6b.png
I've tried for several weeks and the only time I got proper ADV calcs was once yesterday for some reason.

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"
This is the best calculator i have ever seen,great job Honko.

its good but is there anyway that triple battles and weaker moves/other items can be included because I used psypokes calc and if it did my numbers right may have found a combination with more damage than Ice ball shuckle and i dont want to do it by hand to confirm it

Earthquake is messed up: I tested it and it has a power of 75.

0 Atk Sunkern Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 102-120 (134.2 - 157.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Sunkern Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 102-120 (134.2 - 157.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

done with a lv. 20 Manaphy and a sunkern.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Earthquake is messed up: I tested it and it has a power of 75.

0 Atk Sunkern Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 102-120 (134.2 - 157.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Sunkern Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 102-120 (134.2 - 157.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

done with a lv. 20 Manaphy and a sunkern.
You had it set to Doubles. Earthquake is a spread move so its damage is reduced in Doubles.

I've having the same problems that Isa did. The button for the ADV calculator seems completely unresponsive. Clicking it just highlights the button, but the actual calculator doesn't activate. Oddly enough, it works just fine on my phone, but not on my laptop.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I tested and the button does indeed work on my phone but refuses to cooperate on any computer I try.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, for some reason the ADV data files (sets and damage formula) aren't loading with the rest of the calc anymore, despite being present on the server. I'm aware of the issue but don't know exactly why it's happening and haven't had time to look into it. Interesting that it works on phones. If anyone has a good idea of how to quickly fix it please PM me. Otherwise it'll probably be another couple weeks before I have time to get it working again.

Isa

I don't know if you did anything, or what you did, but ADV calcs work again now. Thanks!
edit: nevermind, not working once more.

Last edited:
Okay, so the ADV calculator still does not work on my laptop while I'm using Google Chrome. However, it does work when I switch to Internet Explorer. It also works on my phone on both the Safari and the Google Chrome apps. Not sure how helpful that information is, but I'm hoping it'll give you some kind of idea as to what the problem is.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Could you add little notes to each nature like in PS? I always forget what some of the more obscure natures do, and if it said something like "Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)" it would be really helpful

Isa

Ice moves are resisted by Fire in RBY, so Ice Beam and Surf (or Blizzard and Hydro Pump) should not deal equal amounts of damage to Moltres.

Honko

he of many honks
Ice moves are resisted by Fire in RBY, so Ice Beam and Surf (or Blizzard and Hydro Pump) should not deal equal amounts of damage to Moltres.
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken, Fire only started resisting Ice in GSC.

Hello! Would it be possible/worthwhile to add a PS random battle element to the calculator? At the moment, the process is to select a blank set, manually punch in 85 EVs for relevant stat calculations, and adjust the level to the level the Pokemon is set at.

If anything, I'd appreciate a 85 EV-to-all-stats feature just as well. Thanks for your work!

SoulWind

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis the 6th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 32 Championwon the 9th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Rotom forms in the DPP Calculator don't have the Electric / Ghost typing as they should, they have the BW / XY typing (like Electric / Water on Rotom-Wash)

Honko

he of many honks
Okay, so the ADV calculator still does not work on my laptop while I'm using Google Chrome. However, it does work when I switch to Internet Explorer. It also works on my phone on both the Safari and the Google Chrome apps. Not sure how helpful that information is, but I'm hoping it'll give you some kind of idea as to what the problem is.
Finally fixed this. The ADV data files were getting blocked by AdBlock (presumably because it assumes that files with the word "adv" in their name are for ads). lol

Rotom forms in the DPP Calculator don't have the Electric / Ghost typing as they should, they have the BW / XY typing (like Electric / Water on Rotom-Wash)
Fixed.

Unless I'm missing something, the ability Infiltrator doesn't seem to ignore Light Screen/Reflect.
Fixed.

Hello! Would it be possible/worthwhile to add a PS random battle element to the calculator? At the moment, the process is to select a blank set, manually punch in 85 EVs for relevant stat calculations, and adjust the level to the level the Pokemon is set at.

If anything, I'd appreciate a 85 EV-to-all-stats feature just as well. Thanks for your work!
Good idea. I'll at least add something for quickly setting Randbat EVs.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Calc hasn't been working for me for a while now, this message always appears

I deleted my cache, JavaScript is enabled, and I've tried using a different browser, nothing happened. anyone knows the problem/solution?

Honko

he of many honks
Arikado

It's an issue on your end, and I would need more info to be able to help. Right click somewhere on the calc, choose "Inspect element", then switch to the Network tab of the panel that appears, and then press Ctrl+F5 to reload the page without any caching. The Network tab should now have a table of files that the calc tried to load. Do any of them have a Status other than "200 OK" and have an error message in red? Which files, and what are the statuses and error messages?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)