RU C&C Index: look here if you need to reserve an analysis

Alright. As of right now i don't have any replays because i didn't know i would be needing one and it's kinda my own set that i've never seen anyone else use before. But If you give him Leech Seed, Reflect, Light Screen, and Giga Drain. (of course you have light clay) It becomes a fantastic support along with an annoying tank. For starters there is nothing that i have faced (in OU mind you) that can one shot Meganium, letting it always get up either a light screen or reflect (depending on who you are facing) halving any damage to your team. This give one of your sweepers the perfect chance to set up a swords dance, or in the case in which i use it a tail glow and sweep for the win. Also in the circumstance that it doesn't get wrecked by a sweeper (which is pretty common due to it not having any x4 weaknesses) getting the reflect/lightscreen up makes Meganium virtually unkillable. The combination of giga drain and leech seed will provide all the healing and damage that you could ever want, along with giga drain getting a power boost whenever you get close to death. This set along with Meganium's well balanced stats make it a great tanky support capable of dealing solid damage. And if you really want replays i can go kick some butt in showdown and record it for you real quick. But thanks for listening to my two cents on Meganium. Appreciate it :)

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Why would I want to use Meganium over another dual screener? Meowstic-M has access to Prankster so it can set up screens quickly. Cresselia has much more bulk than Meganium to set up both screens and Lunar Dance out. I see little reason to use Meganium over something else.

Alright. As of right now i don't have any replays because i didn't know i would be needing one and it's kinda my own set that i've never seen anyone else use before. But If you give him Leech Seed, Reflect, Light Screen, and Giga Drain. (of course you have light clay) It becomes a fantastic support along with an annoying tank. For starters there is nothing that i have faced (in OU mind you) that can one shot Meganium, letting it always get up either a light screen or reflect (depending on who you are facing) halving any damage to your team. This give one of your sweepers the perfect chance to set up a swords dance, or in the case in which i use it a tail glow and sweep for the win. Also in the circumstance that it doesn't get wrecked by a sweeper (which is pretty common due to it not having any x4 weaknesses) getting the reflect/lightscreen up makes Meganium virtually unkillable. The combination of giga drain and leech seed will provide all the healing and damage that you could ever want, along with giga drain getting a power boost whenever you get close to death. This set along with Meganium's well balanced stats make it a great tanky support capable of dealing solid damage. And if you really want replays i can go kick some butt in showdown and record it for you real quick. But thanks for listening to my two cents on Meganium. Appreciate it :)
I hate to tell you this but the thing is that these are not very ideal movesets and you're explanation have holes in it, first off what happens in ou is irrelevant here. This is a different tier with pokemon have less power albeit but what can meganium do to get past stuff like doublade and gligar. For the starter argument I would probably use serperior as it is better because bulk is a little worse but you are a lot faster and have a wider movepool hell I could run a coil set if I wanted to. Now albeit with you having good replays of the thing vs stuff like RUgged mountain then I will eat my words but until then please write up something viable please. :)

Alright, I really appreciate the feedback! I just noticed on the main site there was no moveset so i was just wanting to get a useable moveset out to anyone who would want to use meganium in a competitive setting.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Alright, I really appreciate the feedback! I just noticed on the main site there was no moveset so i was just wanting to get a useable moveset out to anyone who would want to use meganium in a competitive setting.
You can write about it when NU comes out, if that means anything, apologies if it doesn't <3

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, updated the OP to reflect the completed analyses from this past week since a certain someone didn't do so as he uploaded them >.>

Also, Feraligatr has been added to the OP and is fair game.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
Would you guys be inclined to say that Ninjask is worthy of an analysis, since it boasts the niche of being able to easily acquire Speed Boosts and Baton Pass them to an allied sweeper? Also, although it requires a hell of a lot of team support to pull its weight and is generally considered a novelty/gimmick Pokémon, Shedinja does have its (incredibly) niche uses in walling a couple of notable RU Pokémon, so would that be deserving of analysis also (Probably not tbh)? I'm dubious about Sheddy, but I personally reckon Ninjask's niche could be considered large enough to warrant an analysis. Cheers~

Would you guys be inclined to say that Ninjask is worthy of an analysis, since it boasts the niche of being able to easily acquire Speed Boosts and Baton Pass them to an allied sweeper? Also, although it requires a hell of a lot of team support to pull its weight and is generally considered a novelty/gimmick Pokémon, Shedinja does have its (incredibly) niche uses in walling a couple of notable RU Pokémon, so would that be deserving of analysis also (Probably not tbh)? I'm dubious about Sheddy, but I personally reckon Ninjask's niche could be considered large enough to warrant an analysis. Cheers~
The problem with Ninjask is that it couldn't be more outclassed by Combusken, which has decent typing, good stabs, BULK, etc. Not worthy of an analysis imo.

RockRocks

Banned deucer.
For some reason the OP says EnerG218 has reserved Gurdurr and Dugtrio which I don't think he did if I remember correctly. If he didn't, I'll be happy to do both :D

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
The problem with Ninjask is that it couldn't be more outclassed by Combusken, which has decent typing, good stabs, BULK, etc. Not worthy of an analysis imo.
I guess that kind of crossed my mind tbh, but Ninjask does have a lot more initial Speed to work with, idk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)