League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Lavos

Banned deucer.
inSec did that back in Champions Winter whenever he got a chance since KaKAO didn't like playing him in the jungle anyways, and it worked. If someone picks Shyvana or Trundle in solo q and you're going top, I highly recommend Olaf. Haven't played the Renekton matchup, I'm skeptical as to whether Olaf can actually win lane pre-9.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Olaf is really good against Renekton, as a Renekton main top, that's probably one of the matchups I hate the most because if he knows how to trade it's really tough. And if he ever gets the lead, you're toasted for good.
I played Olaf top a month ago, like a lot, and it's freaking good. Like, freaking good. The best thing is probably that if you beat your opponent top and get a lead, Olaf is one of these big bruisers that will directly use this advantage during a team fight by deleting the squishy damage dealer of your choice. I was going damage item first by the way, and Dorans are pretty nice on the viking (I might need to play it again though, the meta changed a bit).

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sooooo... new Olaf is basically like old Olaf then? Except he's shittier, so when exactly did he become good again? :[

yo why dont people pick olaf anymore his nerfs werent that big and he was a pretty dominant jungle force early s4
He's single target. His W kind of sucks. Lack of mobility which causes him to not get the most out of his ultimate.

To be fair though he destroys tanks. He also benefits from the life steal changes.

He's not a bad champion. He's anti metagame vs some popular top picks. His damage is very good, which is something that Renekton or other fighters need to worry about as the game goes on longer.

Trundle has some of the same problems Olaf has, but his lane sustain is better and his ultimate is universally useful. If you lose lane, its going to help you a lot more than Olaf's ultimate.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
His w technically doesn't suck (it's op because it amplifies ALL healing effects around him that target him). It's his q that sucks. The fact they nerfed it so that it doesn't fly through walls is a pain in the butt. His biggest problem is that because of his lack of mobility (read: his q is shit so he can't stick as well as he used to) he can't build as much damage as he would like to (his entire kit is based around building damage now). I tried him midlane before and he was insanely strong there since I went glasscannon and just shit on the other laner, but it doesn't work if he can't snowball (i.e. the enemy laner plays like a pansy at level 1-2).

On another note, I've been playing pony toplane and oh my god is it really strong. Even if you don't win lane due to matchup, your damage and cc lategame rival Malphite's, not too mention you push even harder once you get Sunfire Cape. And splitpushing with him isn't a problem since he's so insanely mobile that you don't have to rely on TP to get to the other end of the map all the time.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In my opinion the fact that Olaf brings only a slow in terms of CC and has no gapcloser are his two biggest problems...that, and, unlike Shyvana, he has no AOE capabilities. Especially against the new meta of Trist/Lucian what can Olaf do except for be a brawler against other tanks? Sure he can beat a lot of melees but he's so easy to kite it's a moot point. He basically has Udyr syndrome except he has no stun and no capacity to power farm the jungle forever and ever.

also another thing from the fwe times i played olaf i felt like i did no damage if i built tank and if i built damage i wasn't tanky enough and died instantly. i feel like he has identity problems

okay so i loved that top mundo was making a reappearance because he dumpsters double AP comps with top kayle / lulu and as long as that happens i would welcome just about any change

BUT now top gragas is fotm and top gragas absolutely dumpsters mundo in lane WHICH MEANS THAT we're still seeing lulu and the occasional kayle

don't even get me started on nidalee (should i say jax 2.0?)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ya new Olaf blows in comparison to the old one (old one did more true damage per E so old > new, also old one had spell vamp).

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
okay so i loved that top mundo was making a reappearance because he dumpsters double AP comps with top kayle / lulu and as long as that happens i would welcome just about any change

BUT now top gragas is fotm and top gragas absolutely dumpsters mundo in lane WHICH MEANS THAT we're still seeing lulu and the occasional kayle

don't even get me started on nidalee (should i say jax 2.0?)
Well then you may like these possible upcoming changes then which will make Top Gragas and the like a -little- harder to play effectively.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/07/721-pbe-update.html?m=1

Also re: Olaf. The old Olaf was better when it came to sticking to targets. As far as damage and tank I didnt have a problem so long as the damage item I had was Ravenous Hydra. But that is just me.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LOL TSM lustboy lets get it, in all honesty hes just gonna b a minor upgrade over gleeb. neva5get lustboy + cpt jack feeding every game

Lavos

Banned deucer.
yeah but thats because lustboy was going ham every game whereas cpt jack just wanted to farm...turtl is all about aggro so they should go well together

I didn't realize Lucian + Trist was that big for Olaf, but since games drag on longer it probably is. I say this because iirc last time Olaf was good before he was gutted the main ADCs were Corki, Ezrael and Graves. Ezrael and Corki have escapes too, but their late games aren't as strong and games were shorter so Olaf wasn't falling off as easily.

I rephrase what I said about his W sucking. What I should have said is that it sucks early game where you just don't have strong sustain built yet. AS is only good when dueling, and he can't exactly push lane reliably with no escape. I like to go 21-9-0 on Olaf. I think the Weaving and Warlord scale hard on him. He's cheesy and is outclassed with 9-21-0 due to lacking utility.

Edit:There has been so many Katarina + Rengar memes from that cinematic already haha. I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Blaze kicked Lustboy and then didn't make it to bracket stages, Lustboy must be their hidden strength, tsm acquire lustboy, make it to worlds, ???

Kappa

Lavos

Banned deucer.
ozone white 3 - 2 skt but will be a really close series imo since k has had a ton of time to prepare and they will have something special prepared for today! i almost want skt to win just so we don't see a samsung teamkill in semifinals AGAIN (plus kt arrows vs skt would be the greatest)

edit: monte just said 3 - 2 white on stream so you could say im a pretty smart dude

edit: nvm apparently you just ban gragas and zilean to beat skt

Last edited:

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
twitch chat rn tho

also why athene's first lulu vs mundo toplane? (instead of morello first) (impact just did it vs loops)

Last edited:

Lavos

Banned deucer.
better mana regen + cdr + mr? top was a fucking island that 1st game and lulu p much required to go chalice to sustain her mana pool, forbidden idol doesnt cut it. literally the only reason to build morellos in that scenario is the grievous wounds passive, which doesnt even matter because mundo gets blown up by twitch every fight since he build mr instead of armor to stay even with lulu!

seeing faker's MEJAIS ZILEAN was pretty epic, rocking the 40% cdr bomb spam. i swear he did twice as much dps as ziggs.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Bumping this to say that Aatrox top is literally the shit in soloQ.
God sustain, nice poke, great CC to set-up ganks, good damage output and 1V1 power. You got a decent escape aswell.
And if you get camped, they need to kill you twice :toast:
Loving it atm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)