XY OU 1500 ELO Status warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started the team with volcarona because I heard a lot of praise about it and never used it before. This was before XY came out, so Talonflame wasn't a pain. Standard set. Quiver Dance is my favorite boosting move in the game. Stealth Rock hurts this guy a lot.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Bug Buzz

I wanted a nice lead, so I went with Xatu because of Magic Bounce. Xatu is inferior to Espeon in terms of speed but Espeon does not get both of Toxic and Thunder Wave, one of which will always be useable. This really helps establish a rigid start by weakening the opposing lead. Xatu can also pass wishes along.
Xatu gets countered by Landorus though.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Wish

Xatu's U-turns are handed over mostly to Ferrothorn. His defensive typing is excellent. With rocky helmet and iron barbs, most offensive pokemon which are unable to 2HKO this get hurt bad. Leech Seed is used to prevent boosting and act as a mediocre source of regeneration. Ferrothorn comes in and sets up Stealth Rock and almost always forces switches.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball

Alakazam gets great Special Offense and the triple coverage of Ghost-Psychic-Fighting block. The fifth move has to be a filler. I usually go with Dazzling gleam to cover for Dragons. Alakazam is fast and hits hard but is horribly fragile. Putting on a Focus Sash lets it tank an extra hit which usually lets it take someone down or seriously dent. Magic Guard prevents damage from Toxic and Stealth Rock and lets the focus sash work to its maximum.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam / Energy Ball

I like excadrill because he has a nice typing and excellent offense. He is also my only rapid spinner and can afford using rapid spin against tanking a non-super effective hit by the HP investment. Swords Dance lets it OHKO or 2HKO most of the meta.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Azumarill is the gimmick which is used against Talonflame and Chari. With Huge Power and Belly Drum, Even the Aqua Jets start hurting. I switch this in after Ferrothorn and this turns out to be my primary sweeper (Volcarona is still my most potent sweeper). Unless it gets a large amount of damage when it switches in, it should be able to pull off a Belly Drum and consequently faze out most of the meta which takes neutral hits with Aqua Jet.
Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Superpower
- Body Slam

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. Sorry but I'm going to have to lock this RMT. Please read over the rules, and PM me once you think you're ready to update this. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)