XY OU Enter | Inferno (stall) (1k likes rmt)

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.

enter, if you dare, trespasser. for these are the gates of hell, and your demise waits inside.

welcome to

Inferno ~ Victini Stall

Hello people my name is Monte Cristo, also known as Oiawesome/OiawesomeDG. You might recognize me from my previous RMTS: good dragonite, M.A.A.D metagame, Adventure Melody and Goldfish. This stall is probably the best team I've personally made. Not only this team which I am proud of(Albacore needs more love for helping me test this team, recommending sdef gliscor and generally being an awesome dude)I am claiming that this is probably the most creative (not outright saying best) stall team you'll probably see for a while in the RMT subforum not made by Ajwf because people wait until after World Cup to rmt or in general people don't post their stall archetype inventions. Anyways, this victini has been lying around my comp since about 2 months back when genesect was allowed on PO so I decided to revive it and here we are now. I'd like to claim this is the most successful stall team I've made yet, of course other people have made better stall teams other than this, but I haven't.

Let me get into the history of this team a little bit. You see, when I first created the Victini set, I was typically using more speed with some mgarde weak balance team with genesect on it and I was winning a lot lol. Anyways flash forward a while after and I am on IRC talking to alexwolf about a possible raise in Victini's rank in Viability due to this set I remembered was on my computer. Now you see this was right after I went and got top 10 on PO on an alt and I had a rush for Victini (needless to say I used other teams and my ranking easily feel to shit shortly thereafter, so no screenies, hence I'm not claiming I peaked top 10 in the title :[ ). So shortly after I PMed my friend Albacore and we decided to make stall teams with it, this team was born. So after messing around with it I passed the set to basically all of my good at OU friends/stall friends and they decided if they liked it or not. Apparantly it got popular enough to the point where SansNickel recognized it (driver in OU, I think well known among stallers, correct me if wrong) and I was genuinely surprised. Anyways fast forward and I gave this team to Adrian as he tries to get Deoxys Suspect reqs (forgot what happened to that). He loved it, like you would expect, we agree on almost everything lol. Anyways he makes his own variant and wins an OU room tour and beats user A Terrakion which kind of makes me proud to have been all the cause of that success.

I welcome you to my humble abode - I.N.F.E.R.N.O

The Team ~ In Depth

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
So I think Shoutmon is a really cool Digi- wait a second, your telling me this isn't that V based battle monster? Anyways, all Digimon jokes aside, this is a pretty cool stallmon. The things that set Victini apart is its ability to stall break, it's not bad at all movepool, and it's interestingly unique typing. The reason I use this over Mew is mainly for 2 things: V-Create and Fire Typing which allows it to check MMaw and MGarde which is very key for all variants of stall alike. Let me get into V-Create: it makes the threat of a stallbreaker very real. What I mean is that most stallbreakers don't have the threat of a 270 BP move (post STAB) coming off 252 atk EVs and an adamant nature. This allows, along with Will o Wisp, to threaten many stall and offense pokemon. Pretty much the backbone of this team, like I mean its good glue and wall but not much else to say about it as a stallmon in general. Shit likes Hippowdon and Quagsire switch into this thing a lot so Will o Wisp to neuter them pretty bad and then Taunt to prevent recovery is a huge thing, it also helps weaken them for other mons who need them out of the way. Not much other fluff crap I need to put in here so onto the next mon

Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
Eh, yeah, I'm that one hipster who uses Mega Venusuar stall still. Mega Venusaur provides immense utility in the current metagame also in past metagames. There's a reason it's one of the sole defensive pokemon that's A+ or higher in viability. It can wall an amazing majority of special and physical sweepers. However with development of the metagame, pokemon like Thundurus/Landorus/Manaphy have began using Psychic or Hidden Power Flying sometimes over some other coverage like Energy Ball/Hidden Power [Ice] in order to better handle mega venusaur, which has drastically changed how it and consequently, Stall played. The spread is used to survive both 2 banded Terrakion Stone Edges w/o rocks and 2 Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Flyings w/o rocks. Knock off is an odd one out because it isn't seen very often, but imo, it's very key to success. It knocks off possible Kyurem-B Life Orbs, Talonflame Choice Bands, Chansey Eviolites and generally neuters other mons that can easily switch in, even Heatran dislikes losing Life Orb on offensive set or Its only recovery (Leftovers). Not much else to say other than it's a very effective glue that enables the team and deals with large portions of the metagame well.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled​

Ah Chansey, the bitchiest bitch to ever wall. When many people see Chansey, the ironically see their teams doom as well. Chansey was and still is a top wall in stall teams in the metagame. Chansey's undeniably useful support along with either of 2 crippling statuses and amazing bulk make it very hard to face and it also makes it very useful. I chose Chansey over other blobs like Clefable because Chansey has it in for non Flare Blitz Charizard Y and Any Latios set. In addition to this, Chansey just has the raw bulk rarely any pokemon can end up providing for the team at the end of the day, walling tons of special attackers in addition to even some physical walls as much as chansey does is a near impossible task, but Chansey ends up being able to do this. I chose this set because of the Wish and Heal Bell support my team could desperately be in need of, this set is also very standard. The Heal Bell support means that things like Victini can afford to tank a Thunder Wave or 2, it also means, Mega Venusaur can take a burn from Rotom-W and actually afford to do so without perm. crippling itself for the match. Chansey also has godlike synergy with the rest of the members ,especially Mega Venusaur, Victini and Gliscor, providing great support with Wish and having good general type synergy. Talking more about Victini, it can burn pokemon that this team really needs to burn in order for Chansey to handle them, like Kyurem-B.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Toxic
Darude - Sandstorm. But enough shitty old jokes. The speed is very unique and important because it jumps other Gliscor and Taunts them so more things can switch in. This is the set Yuttt gave to the metros iirc and then I stole from Jukain and put a couple speed EVs. Gotta love it when I can steal sets off Jukain and make it optimized. Anyways this thing walls HP Fly Thundurus, Landorus-I, and Will o Wisp Char X. Oh also fuck Rotom-W and Latios because I sit in their faces and Roost while I heal up to 90%. after taking their STAB. Pretty essential mon as it takes on Mega Heracross and Knock Off Landorus-I, both of which need to be toxic stalled and set up variants of both can be very, very, troublesome. Considering switching to CBBnite and optimizing my team to deal with Sub/SD Mherra so I can handle CM Lando better.

thnx for your amazing art Bummer ^_^

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake​

Too cute 4 Roar. I think Quagsire is one freaking amazing stall pokemon, and for good reason. Unaware lets Quagsire stop so much set up sweepers dead in their tracks, including (and especially) Zard X, Garchomp, Bisharp and Dragonite. Quagsire pairs extremely well with defoggers on both stall on hyper offense because of it's great ability to handle pretty much all Defiant users, such as Thundurus and Bisharp. Quagsire also checks a number of more things such as DD MegaTar, Mega Mawile, Heatran, Talonflame etc. Quagsire if used right, immediately becomes a trolly weapon of doom against many set up sweepers and teams. It has excellent synergy with Skarmory and Victini, dealing with The most threatening foes of each (Defiant Thundy and Mttar respectively)and generally having good type matchups with each.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog
Skarmory was chosen due to it's immense support potential on this team. This is the standard physically defensive spread for Skarmory, it lets it take +2 Return from MegaPins easily and phaze or Counter it. Skarmory is kind of bait for some great pokemon in the current metagame though, such as Heatran, Charizard, and Thundurus-I, which is what I consider to be it's biggest flaw. However this flaw is patched up quite well by the rest of the team, with Heatran taking on most of the threats and Quag/Cune not slouching either. Skarmory can also pair well with my Chansey on this team in order to unintentionally pair the infamous SkarmBliss(more like skarmchans, but names are names) which has great synergy in this metagame. Skarmory can also deal with defensive threats quite well, such as Mega Venusaur, Quagsire, and others. Skarmory's phazing offers huge potential for matches played with this team, as it has the ability to quickly dispatch of dangerous set up sweepers efficiently so that they don't threaten the team very much. Counter is essential to modern skarm builds as it easly deals with many things it's supposed to check, or even things that check it, like Defiant Thundy (Wild Charge build). Stealth Rock and Defog is an odd choice to have on the same set, however it helps pp drain lots of opposing defoggers and in general helps out since pssive SR Damage and SR Removal itself are essential support to this team.

Conclusion ~ 1k Likes

Not doing individual shoutouts for 1k likes because I did for 1k Posts. Just like to say thank you to all the people who likes my posts because it shows true appreciation. The fact that so much people like what I post or generally support me is my drive to keep going. I don't post for likes, but people showing appreciation for my posts, it just shows that I should post more and is the reason I post at all, because people appreciate it. I appreciate all my friends out there. You people know who you are, and you should because I've probably told you you are awesome a million times, and if I haven't, sorry fren :[.

Anyways thanks for reading this rmt, shoutout to Adrian Marin and albacore for reasons listed in the introduction. Stay awesome.

Last edited:
A really solid team. I like the use of Victini, i've never seen it at stall. I got some stuff to reccomend using Haze over Toxic or Scald because you can get unwanted burns. You can also haze Bisharp for Gliscor to take on.
Secondly a smaaalll nitpick, use rocky helmet on Skarmory and put it at 0 Attack evs. It may save your life. I.E. you let a Breloom set up at +6. You are at Quagsire and you switch to Skarmory. Bam. Rocky helmet damage. Its basically dead. Send in Victini and kill it.

Cheers

Gay Fish

Cool team Monte!

Just a couple of suggestions:

• 16 spe on Mega Venu to take on Max speed Adamant BD Azu in a pinch (e.g. it flinched past Quag, Skarm's Study is broken). If rocks are up, Mega Venu goes down at 75% or less:
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Mega Venusaur: 232-273 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• Relaxed (+Def -Spe) over Lax (+Def -SDef) on Quag. You may as well retain what (little) special bulk Quag has. Quag has base 35 Spe so i'm not if it's going to outrun anything relevant other than possibly other relaxed Quag.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Cool team Monte!

Just a couple of suggestions:

• 16 spe on Mega Venu to take on Max speed Adamant BD Azu in a pinch (e.g. it flinched past Quag, Skarm's Study is broken). If rocks are up, Mega Venu goes down at 75% or less:
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Mega Venusaur: 232-273 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

• Relaxed (+Def -Spe) over Lax (+Def -SDef) on Quag. You may as well retain what (little) special bulk Quag has. Quag has base 35 Spe so i'm not if it's going to outrun anything relevant other than possibly other relaxed Quag.
ty for the rate. I will try the first change, about the second change: I ctually meant relaxed on quag but my recent rebuild of the team accidently defaulted to lax, thanks for catching that mistake.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really like the will o wisp on victini. 90%+ accurate will o wisps are amazing and its crazy how many times you'll catch a physical attacker with them.

On Gliscor you should run HP divisible by 8 so you can get maximum poison heal recovery, which is 244 HP.

Additionally you should run speed on Venusaur to outspeed Azumarills like daft mentioned and bold rotoms who want to volt switch on you thinking they're faster. [Bold as in fearless]

Lastly, I dont understand why you aren't running max HP on chansey. it makes your wishes heal 90% on most of your mons and helps you take physical hits much better. Having more spdef investment only helps you when you get knock off'd and hit by extremely strong special attacks [nasty plot thundurus, manaphy etc]. If there's something I'm missing please inform me.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I really like the will o wisp on victini. 90%+ accurate will o wisps are amazing and its crazy how many times you'll catch a physical attacker with them.

On Gliscor you should run HP divisible by 8 so you can get maximum poison heal recovery, which is 244 HP.

Additionally you should run speed on Venusaur to outspeed Azumarills like daft mentioned and bold rotoms who want to volt switch on you thinking they're faster. [Bold as in fearless]

Lastly, I dont understand why you aren't running max HP on chansey. it makes your wishes heal 90% on most of your mons and helps you take physical hits much better. Having more spdef investment only helps you when you get knock off'd and hit by extremely strong special attacks [nasty plot thundurus, manaphy etc]. If there's something I'm missing please inform me.
trying everything you said ^_^ . Also I rarely run max hp Chansey but this team needs the extra kyurem-b assurance. However I am open to changing this.

Damn I like how I got called out this. Anyways good team I actually like bulky Victini. Also I lost cause a 50/50 between Mega Pinsir and Victini :U
Also like said above, Venu should really run that little speed to be able to out speed Azu.

i made pretty much the same team when i wanted to test out the victini set and i almost used this in world cup r1 vs robert, so i can vouch for the effectiveness of victini in stall. the squad itself can't really be changed up any as it's as good as it's going to be at this point in time; however, i do have a few suggestions for a couple of moves and ev tweaks that i'd use. first of all, i'd run toxic on chansey instead of heal bell. for any stall, heal bell + gliscor, especially protect-less gliscor, just doesn't typically end up well. ya, scald burns on venusaur are going to be annoying if they happen, but you have two solid status absorbers in chansey and gliscor which make heal bell far less necessary and interfering with poison heal oftentimes ends up badly, especially in a knock off rampant metagame. toxic gives your chansey the means to effectively counter some threats which it can't do otherwise, and makes it far less of a do-nothing mon. status is pretty much a necessity on the blobs, so i'd be sure to add that. secondly, i'd run leech seed instead of knock off on venusaur. this change is mainly because cm rain dance manaphy 6-0s otherwise, and leech seed is a similarly helpful utility move and can help wittle down the enemy. third, with the lack of knock off on venusaur to help against gengar, i'd run it on gliscor instead of earthquake. this gives a solid gengar answer. you have quagsire to earthquake threats like mega ddtar, so it isn't as necessary on your gliscor and knock off can also hit threats like lati@s and knock off opposing skarmory's item which is cool too. this also makes landorus much less of a threat, even if it's CM. lastly, i'd toss whirlwind on skarmory over counter so you can actually have a phazing move -- counter by itself isn't reliable. i'd also use rocky helmet since your skarmory can't actually hit pinsir (no toxic, taunt + counter).

small optimizations include:
240 hp / 252 def / 16 spdef calm on chansey -- bigger wishes and similarly good bulk
relaxed > lax on quag... self explanatory
use 508 ev's on skarmory

gl

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
alright made some changes
  • fixed the typo on quags description (relaxed > lax)
  • fixed skarm's EVs
  • Added the rest dice's changes (lol)
edit: sorry kept heal bell on chansey, but I feel the team really needs it despite the threat of gliscor losing its toxic status

First and foremost, congrats on the team--it looks pretty killer! Secondly, congrats on the 1k likes!

On to the critical stuff...

If I'm not mistaken, charizard X with Outrage blows through Quagsire, so that's something to look out for. Also, your best answer to Medicham is Victini (which isn't necessarily bad, but you need to keep him healthy). Something I posted in the Stall thread is the pairing of Medicham and a Pursuit trapper is pretty devastating to stall cores--something that could really hurt you if you're not careful, or god forbid you miss a Will o Wisp. All in all, this team looks pretty tight though--so nice build!

P.S. Totally jacking your Gliscor set--thanks!

This team is really, really good. The main reason why Victini stall is so amazing is because it's a lot less matchup-based than other forms of stall barring Mega Scizor stall. I recommend keeping the HP EVs on Gliscor. I used to use 244 HP EVs just like everyone, but it seriously compromises bulk for a little difference in healing. Most people seem to like 244 HP, so correct me if i'm wrong. Also, I was attempting to build another Victini stall team with cbbnite and it ended up being almost identical to yours (lol). I notice that cbbnite really helps combat threats like NP Thundy better. A revenge killer is also really cool to have.

About your Megasaur set:

Personally, I would use 32 speed EVs on Victini to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar. Our teams are almost the same
Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed

Knock off is an odd one out because it isn't seen very often, but imo, it's very key to success. It knocks off possible Kyurem-B Life Orbs, Talonflame Choice Bands, Chansey Eviolites and generally neuters other mons that can easily switch in, even Heatran dislikes losing Life Orb on offensive set or Its only recovery (Leftovers).
Don't see Knock Off on the set.

Anyway, it's a really solid stall team, props for creating Stalltini!

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, this team is pretty much what I came up with when you showed me what I've decided to call "Montini" (hey it's better than "Cristini"). Therefore this team is perfect, and needs no rates whatsoever... So, can we close this thread?

In all seriousness, I agree with Dice that you don't need Heal Bell : you have Quag for para, Tini for burn, Skarm for poison, Venu for sleep and poison, and Chansey+Gliscor for literally everything. So you really don't need Heal Bell unless you do something really stupid like sack your Gliscor to an obvious burn turn 1. Maybe you could actually give rocks to Chansey over Heal Bell, that would free up a Skarm moveslot for Taunt which works well with Counter.

This team is really solid otherwise, the only thing I really have to say here is that, given that SD MHera makes this team cry, I guess you could give 60 Speed to Victini to check it, however most don't carry SD since they need EQ for Aegi so Gliscor can deal with most MHeras, also you kind need the bulk, not to mention most Heras won't stay in on Victini. It may well be worth it if Aegi gets banned, but probably isn't now.

In any case, congrats on making a great stall team, and inventing a surprisingly good set!

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Yeah, this team is pretty much what I came up with when you showed me what I've decided to call "Montini" (hey it's better than "Cristini"). Therefore this team is perfect, and needs no rates whatsoever... So, can we close this thread?

In all seriousness, I agree with Dice that you don't need Heal Bell : you have Quag for para, Tini for burn, Skarm for poison, Venu for sleep and poison, and Chansey+Gliscor for literally everything. So you really don't need Heal Bell unless you do something really stupid like sack your Gliscor to an obvious burn turn 1. Maybe you could actually give rocks to Chansey over Heal Bell, that would free up a Skarm moveslot for Taunt which works well with Counter.

This team is really solid otherwise, the only thing I really have to say here is that, given that SD MHera makes this team cry, I guess you could give 60 Speed to Victini to check it, however most don't carry SD since they need EQ for Aegi so Gliscor can deal with most MHeras, also you kind need the bulk, not to mention most Heras won't stay in on Victini. It may well be worth it if Aegi gets banned, but probably isn't now.

In any case, congrats on making a great stall team, and inventing a surprisingly good set!
Thanks for the rate! I've been trying this stuff out which is why I've been silent about it and it really helps ^_^! The problem with SD Herra is greatly solved with 60 speed VIctini, so I decided to use it and it works really well! I think this observation you made was spot on and helps the team, since this team tries to not be match up based.

And I'm on the fence about switching out Chanseys heal bell, I'll see it in days to come.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice team, but stall-breaker Gengar shits on you. I recommend putting Knock Off on Gliscor so you can hit Gengar.

Unbirthday

TOP QUALITY POSTS
Hey, first of all, I support the notion of Knock Off on Gliscor as Gengar looks like a major threat to just about anything on your team. Gliscor doesn't necessarily need Toxic as Knock Off removing Landorus' Life Orb is enough to screw it over for the most part, and it has other useful applications as well. Furthermore, as you are very, very susceptible to Heracross (+2 Rock Blast almost OHKOs Gliscor, and without Toxic you can't even do anything to really cripple it. Even with Toxic, it's not like Heracross can't switch out after successfully taking out Gliscor and finish you off later), I would suggest giving Victini enough Speed to outspeed Jolly Mega Heracross. Generally, as you have Taunt and Will-O-Wisp, you don't need full attack investment anyway. The few things that are able to shrug off both of those moves are generally destroyed by V-create either way, even with less attack investment. For example, both Mega Medicham and Mega Gardevoir are still easily OHKO'd with this spread. While this doesn't solve your Heracross problem completely, it gives you something to fall back onto and lets you burn/attack/Taunt Pokemon like Mega Gyarados before they can kill you should it be necessary.

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Atk / 152 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)