XY OU Gravity Stickyweb in OU(suspect)?!

Landula are best bros, as their powers go hand in hand. Galvantula is easily the best Sticky Web user with good speed, a neccesary thunder wave resist and good couverage options. Landorus I is easily the strongest special Ground Attacker. Especially considering Sticky Web.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-143961337

+
=

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Gravity
- Psychic

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sticky Web

The moveset is self-explantory: With Gravity, Ground+Fighting+Psychic has perfect neutral couverage. Psychic is a safe move which also deals with Megavenusaur. Timid is neccesary to deal with scarf base 100 pokemon after considering the stick web drop.

Galvantula drops Bug Buzz which offers bad couverage for the much needed HP Ice to deal with enemy Landorus and Dragons like Dragonite! Having a Focus Sash combined with its high speed allows for most of the time using Sticky Web!

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Sweep

Bisharp is here for 2 reasons: Bisharp check, Defog check, Priority.
The moveset except one move is self-explained: Priority, Knock Off, Fuck Fairies.
Low Sweep has 2 purposes: Deals with other Dark Types, reduces Speed from Keldeo, making it easier to deal with

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wood Hammer
- Rock Slide

A completly weird set, which actually works! Treveant's purpose is the to be the ultimate status absorber, Excadrill middle finger giver(Rapid Spin) and Talonflame lure of the team. Wood Hammer > Horn Leech for the Extra Oomph! Rotom-W dislikes this Pokemon, too.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

You know what they say, bird is the word! With a powerful priority, possible sticky web and gravity support, Talonflame has an easy job cleaning the enemy teams. It is also in general a good check to most Scizors and deals with important Megas.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang

And finally, the rarely used MGyarados! Powerful DDancer which changes typing like CHarizard, but has overall better synergy with this team and last but not least: Knock Off Absorption! A super check against Bisharp which absorbed Sticky Web powers and a good pace breaker for the Enemy. Loves abusing the water flying typing before Megavolving.

I need suggestions and ideas. Thanks in advance!!

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Galvantula is easily the best Sticky Web user
sorry bud, but this is incorrect. Shuckle is easily always the best sticky web user because it can actually freaking take a hit, has auto focus sash while it can hold an item, like most importantly, mental herb which saves it from dangerous taunt users.

And it has encore and knock off to ensure it won't be set up bait, not only that but it can help set up stealth rocks. Your team is also lacking a decent defensive backbone which Shuckle while not the best, can help out with.

to remedy this problem I suggest a switch from Galvantula to Shuckle:

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web

I would also consider changing some of your set specifics but this is the only true necessary change for now imo.

Bisharp wants Low Kick over Low Sweep. The only thing it's really worth running for is Tyranitar (aside from other Bisharp) as Keldeo is only 3HKOd by Low Sweep meaning even if Bisharp hits Keldeo on the switch in, it can't finish it off next turn whereas Keldeo will swiftly OHKO Bisharp. The speed drop won't really help any of your other pokemon since Landorus and Mega Gyara have to switch into Keldeo anyway. Plus, you're already running sticky web support. Low Kick on the other hand can OHKO Mega Tyranitar, something Low Sweep can't do, and it's as powerful or more powerful vs. most of the rest of the OU meta, at least the things you'd even want to use a fighting move on like Mega Gyara or Ferrothorn.

Trevenant's main niche in OU is being a wall, not attacking. Despite the high attack stat, it's much better off dealing damage with things like WoW and Leech Seed and ensuring it stays healthy with Horn Leech. Especially when you're running 4 Atk anyway. Wood Hammer is actually counterproductive since it lowers Trevenant's durability. Rock Slide is fine I guess, though it doesn't help unless you predict correctly and nail Talonflame on the switch-in.

I'm honestly worried for you having Talonflame, and Gyarados, but no rapid spinner. I know you don't want a defogger, because it will remove sticky web too, but think about whether you can fit a spinner on your team such as Excadrill.

Keep in mind if you see Bisharp on the opponent's team you need to mega evolve Gyara as fast as possible, because if you have to switch Gyarados in to take a +2 Knock Off, you'll not only not have a resistance but you'll boost Bisharp to +3 and even an unboosted +3 Knock Off will OHKO. Actually, if you see Bisharp on your opponent's team, you're probably better off forgoing Sticky Web altogether until it's dead because as it is +2 Sucker Punch will sweep your team outside of Mega Gyara, and potentially your Bisharp, though if he's running a fighting move too the fate of your team could potentially rest on the outcome of a coin flip (speed tie).

You have one gravity setter and nothing except Lando that benefits from it... in fact Talonflame is hurt by it, adding a ground weakness.

Thanks for the tips, with this team I have no 10 wins and 3 loses in OuSuspect. Shuckle was a good decision. Low Kick > Low Sweep is okay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)