move 3: Mach Punch
move 4: Fire Punch
ability: Iron Fist
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========
  • Switch in hazards (Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rocks, Sticky Web) aren't very common in doubles, so not many Pokemon run Defog, or Rapid Spin. Stealth Rock provides some damage that can break Focus Sashes on Pokemon, and can deal a considerable amount of damage at times.
  • Close Combat is a 120 Base Power move that has 100% accuracy. This move completely destroys some Pokemon.
  • Mach Punch after setting up Stealth Rocks is great, using Mach Punch isn't a bad idea, especially if you are staring down a water type that is fast than you. Plus, Mach Punch is a priority move.
  • Fire Punch is a good STAB move that you can use if Infernape stays alive.
Set Details
========
  • With Iron Fist 2 of the 4 moves are boosted by x1.2.
  • Do not underestimate Mach Punch with STAB (+50%) and Iron Fist (x1.2), after these additions Mach Punch has a decent base power of 72. Not to mention that it is also a priority move.
  • The Focus Sash helps keep Infernape alive from the common ground type attack, and the water type attack.
  • Max evs are spread to Attack and Speed. Attack because in the case that Infernape has 1HP left, a Mach Punch can do MAX damage. Also, IF Infernape does survive and is able to Close Combat, the damage would be ridiculously high. Speed evs because Infernape needs speed. Without Speed a Mach Punch would be needed instead of a Close Combat.
Usage Tips
========
  • Set Stealth Rocks up. Although it may not seem like much, the little chip damage that Stealth Rocks do, may decide if you win or lose the game. Setting up hazards would normally be the priority.
  • After seeing your opponent's team and starting Pokemon, sometimes it may be alright to go for the Close Combat to quickly knock out one of your opponent's crucial Pokemon
  • Can work as a fodder as well. After setting up rocks, and you know that Infernape is going to die before being able to Mach Punch, withdraw him and use him as fodder later in the game.
Team Options
========
  • Infernape can work well with Pokemon that can learn Follow me or Rage Powder. This is because while Infernape is setting up Stealth Rocks, Infernape doesn't have to take damage because of Follow Me. After this, Infernape can even use Close Combat to knock out a few Pokemon.

Other Options
=========
  • Infernape also has a Special Attack side to it. With basically the same attacks, but just special attacks instead.
  • Infernape still has STAB.
Stealth Rock Set Up (Special)
########
name: Stealth Rock Special
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Overheat
move 3: Vacuum Wave
move 4: Flamethrower
ability: Blaze
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Checks and Counters
=============
  • Infernape checks Bug, Fire, and Flying types. Stealth Rocks would do 25%-50% damage to those types of Pokemon when they switch in
  • Infernape checks physical walls as well.
  • Infernape gets easily countered by Rapid Spinners, and Defogers.
  • Infernape gets countered by Magic Bounce.

Last edited:
Just so you know, your analysis formatting is incorrect; the correct format can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/generation-6-analysis-format.3495073/

Also, those aren't the sets Infernape should be running. Most run something along the lines of Fake Out / Close Combat / Fire Blast / Protect or a coverage move with Focus Sash or Life Orb as the item. Stealth Rock generally isn't a very good move in Doubles, and is better used by bulkier Pokemon such as Jirachi or Landorus-T.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on my wall :]

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea no Fake Out makes me very :suspicious:

have you actually tested this set?

your formatting is also wrong; please check out the other threads in this subforum for reference

going to reject this analysis; sorry.

QC Rejected

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Infernape is alright. This write-up is not.

This analysis gives off the vibe that you've never used Infernape before in Doubles let alone have much experience with Doubles in general. For starters, Infernape has much, much better things to be doing in Doubles than Stealth Rock, and you neglect to even mention Infernape's best move, Fake Out, and there are many other errors.

Play more before making an analysis about a Pokemon (and play with the Pokemon), and yeah read more analyses as everyone else said.

QC Rejected 2/3

Last edited:
I appreciate your enthusiasm to get involved with the best xy metagame, but a lot of this is really inaccurate. Get involved with the Doubles community and learn more about the metagame, and maybe give this a shot later.

QC Rejected 3/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)