Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I prefer playing on WiFi in game. You still get the legendaries (including ubers) but they won't be flawless or right-natured, which evens them out.
Except not really because genning. Believe me, I've faced a lot of legendaries on Wi-Fi, and most of them are perfect natured
You also forgot the dominance of Mega-Kanga. That bitch is everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
Well, maybe it's because I stick to Battle Spot XD

Except not really because genning. Believe me, I've faced a lot of legendaries on Wi-Fi, and most of them are perfect natured
You also forgot the dominance of Mega-Kanga. That bitch is everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
Well, maybe it's because I stick to Battle Spot XD
It's not even just Battle Spot, this random challenger challenged me with a Mega-Kanga, A Darkrai, A Genesect, and a Mewtwo Y. I get it if you want to bring one Uber, but 3 and that whiny little asscracker? I hate Mega-Kanga. So much. So I prefer battles on Smogon, as the people on here are kind enough and wise enough to not use it.

I know that 252 HP 232 Def is standard for skarmory, so do the remaining 20 evs go into speed or spdef?
For some reason the showdown team builder auto-puts 20 or so EVs into speed, but I've never known what it's for. I asked on here one time and someone told me it's basically useless, so I'd just throw them all into Def.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
It's not even just Battle Spot, this random challenger challenged me with a Mega-Kanga, A Darkrai, A Genesect, and a Mewtwo Y. I get it if you want to bring one Uber, but 3 and that whiny little asscracker? I hate Mega-Kanga. So much. So I prefer battles on Smogon, as the people on here are kind enough and wise enough to not use it.
That's why you only accept passerby battles that have Flat Rules since no legendaries are allowed there

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
Has anyone play battle spot singles, and recently noticed that barely anyone uses Mega Kangaskan? Or it might just me. Currently at 1716 ranking, and from the 40 battles I had battled only 3 of them.

Also what are some good special sweepers, that are not easily ko'ed by Talonflame Choice banded Brave Bird, but has Good to average speed.

Has anyone play battle spot singles, and recently noticed that barely anyone uses Mega Kangaskan? Or it might just me. Currently at 1716 ranking, and from the 40 battles I had battled only 3 of them.

Also what are some good special sweepers, that are not easily ko'ed by Talonflame Choice banded Brave Bird, but has Good to average speed.
Might be you, I've seen like 20 of them ;-;
Mind you, I mostly battle Japanese people. And their fucking hacked legendaries
And as for your second question, Mega Manectric or Agility Mega Ampharos.

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
Yeah, I battle Japanese Kids too, generally If they do run a Kanga, it's paired with Cresselia.

Also, for Mega Manetric, which is better to run? Flamethrower or Overheat?

Yeah, I battle Japanese Kids too, generally If they do run a Kanga, it's paired with Cresselia.

Also, for Mega Manetric, which is better to run? Flamethrower or Overheat?
Overheat usually serves better, since Mega Manectric needs to ensure OHKOs and force switches to maintain momentum, and he's only above average in power on stats. Plus, he's usually Volt Switching around anyway, so he won't be in long enough to care about the drop.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Knock off vs substitute.

does knock off have 65 or 97.5 power against an item that can be knock offed against the substitute user?
ive been getting different answers for a while.

I love it when I see that in team preview, because I know I have a 99% chance of winning or forcing a rage quit. Ubers teams on WiFi are inevitably rubbish. It's the well put together OU teams you have to watch out for.

And mega-Kanga is seriously not that bad anyway.

I just don't accept battles from passerby at this point

Knock off vs substitute.

does knock off have 65 or 97.5 power against an item that can be knock offed against the substitute user?
ive been getting different answers for a while.
I'm nearly certain that it has 65 BP even if the user behind the sub has its item, as you are not knocking anything off. My previous experiences on the ladder and in battles on cartridge indicate such as well.

I'm nearly certain that it has 65 BP even if the user behind the sub has its item, as you are not knocking anything off. My previous experiences on the ladder and in battles on cartridge indicate such as well.
I think this is right also. Knock Off does not get the 50% boost against targets that can't lost their item (mega stones, griseous orb on giratina, plates on arceus). Since a mon behind a sub would not get its item knocked off, then the move probably doesn't get the boost.

Focus Sash and Sturdy help out against it.

So I'm ev-ing a Volcarona and I have 252 Speed and 252 Special Attack with a Modest nature. In which of the stats should the remaining four evs go?

So I'm ev-ing a Volcarona and I have 252 Speed and 252 Special Attack with a Modest nature. In which of the stats should the remaining four evs go?
Normally these EVs rarely make a difference because it's just 1 point, but normally, if the Pokemon does not otherwise invest in Speed, put it in Speed. In this case, put it in Defense.

Thanks Hclegend !

Also, every time someone says that Azumarril has base 100 attack and Mega medicham has base 200 attack due to pure/huge power, people say they're wrong and that IV/nature boosts get doubled as well.
If so, how do I calculate the effective base attack of a mon with huge/pure power? Not that it matters much, I just want to be correct whenever someone brings up the topic.

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also, every time someone says that Azumarril has base 100 attack and Mega medicham has base 200 attack due to pure/huge power, people say they're wrong and that IV/nature boosts get doubled as well.
If so, how do I calculate the effective base attack of a mon with huge/pure power? Not that it matters much, I just want to be correct whenever someone brings up the topic.
You have to find the actual stat of the pokemon then double.

MAx attack adamant azumarril hits 218*2 = 436, which is about base 145-150 attack.
Jolly max attack Mega medicham is about a base 240 attack, whilst adamant is too high to compare it to any other stat.

I hoped this answered your question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)