Your Breeding/Catching Wins

Got another Shiny Pancham today; this time completely flawless and with four Egg Moves... but it's a Female, the fourth Shiny Female Pancham in a row. Where some people would call this a breeding win, I'd call it a breeding fail for me. Not that I'm sexist or anything, but can I at least get one Male to be shiny >.< The RNG mocks me. It's like having a Male Lopunny or a Female Machamp. It's just weird if you think about it too deeply, but I think it comes down to preference.

Is there anyone who nitpicks like me over the tiniest details while breeding such as Gender? Maybe Abilities, Egg Moves or IV's?
I was a total noob at the time when I was mass breeding piplups for my vgc2010 team consisting of empoleon, swampert, flygon, alakazam, hypno (for status conditions), and gengar (to cover the only other status condition moves that the hypno didn't). I knew about ivs (they were too hard to calculate via the one on serebii at the time, and they looked uber hard to do) so I just want and filled 97% of my pc boxes with piplups and I wanted a female one that had 6 in every star except for hp. Little did I know at the time that due to the law of probability I should have had at least 8 perfect iv piplups out of the HUNDREDS that I bred. *face desk face desk face desk*

I did not do so well that year.
(I got to my third round and lost to a little girl that was using soul dew on a latias/os and cried because I had been working for months on the team and lost my chance the previous year due to my old doctor being a dumbass and refusing the fact that I had the flue "due to me being home schooled so I couldn't POSSIBLY be going out enough to get the flue" which lead to pneumonia and a two week hospital stay in where I had an allergic reaction to a drug there, and missed the tournament, FUN!

So, you really are not alone in being uber precise when it comes to every last detail.

Also, I thought attract would be a commonly/semi commonly used move, so that's why I was obsessed with the gender thing.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm busy trying to complete my Y dex to get the Oval Stone (eventually the shiny stone) and I'm up to Buizel/Floatzel. I went and caught a totally random Floatzel on Victory Road which came with perfect speed, pretty nice. I stuck it in the daycare with my hex-flawless RNG'd Ditto (holding the Destiny Knot) to get a Buizel, out pops a hex-flawless one! I ran the math on the Destiny Knot breeding site and it was a 0.1790% chance or 1 out of every 558.5455 eggs! It wasn't a shiny and it's nature is Bashful but to get the hex-flawless in one egg was pretty crazy

Got another Shiny Pancham today; this time completely flawless and with four Egg Moves... but it's a Female, the fourth Shiny Female Pancham in a row. Where some people would call this a breeding win, I'd call it a breeding fail for me. Not that I'm sexist or anything, but can I at least get one Male to be shiny >.< The RNG mocks me. It's like having a Male Lopunny or a Female Machamp. It's just weird if you think about it too deeply, but I think it comes down to preference.

Is there anyone who nitpicks like me over the tiniest details while breeding such as Gender? Maybe Abilities, Egg Moves or IV's?
I wouldn't say Abilities, Egg Moves, and IVs are as insignificant details as gender :p Gender affects very little (practically nothing actually) whereas a Pokemon is almost useless with the wrong Ability and bad IVs.

A breeding win for me is when I was breeding Purrloins for someone here. I'd only just finished breeding Egg Moves and nature so at that point my parents were a 5IV Torchic and a 1IV Purrloin. Not 20 Purrloins later, I got a shiny Purrloin! At first, I was like 'DDDD: No, you're going to have all bad IVs and probably even the wrong Ability DD:' but the RNG gods smiled upon me that day. Not only did he have the right ability, he had outstanding potential and 4 perfect IVs! He's the most perfect shiny I've ever hatched*, he's my pride and joy now.

*Yeah, I have bad luck with the IVs...

i caught a shiny gyarados once. it was just chilling in a lake and it was fucking awesome. normal gyara is blue but shiny is red if you didn't know
That's because its scale color didn't change when it was forced to evolve... not shiny at all, according to the storyline in the anime. And it is actually always found there (if it was, as I assume, in the Lake of Rage) but you were joking there.

I wander into the Friend Safari, and lo and behold, the first mon I see is a Shiny Trapinch with 4 perfect IVs. I immediately give it to my friend because charity.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was breeding for a shiny Horsea earlier and managed to hatch a female Modest one in under 200 eggs. I was aiming for 31/0/31/31/31/31, but ended up with a 1 Attack IV, which I'm perfectly happy with because it is statistically identical at level 50. :toast: The Horsea was in a Dream Ball because it matched the best due to the bit of purple on the underside of the ball.

I'm likely going to try to get all the XY ribbons on it because I'm super excited. :]

I was breeding for a shiny Horsea earlier and managed to hatch a female Modest one in under 200 eggs. I was aiming for 31/0/31/31/31/31, but ended up with a 1 Attack IV, which I'm perfectly happy with because it is statistically identical at level 50. :toast: The Horsea was in a Dream Ball because it matched the best due to the bit of purple on the underside of the ball.

I'm likely going to try to get all the XY ribbons on it because I'm super excited. :]
It's beautiful...

I need somebodies opinion:

I just started breeding for the first time in XY:

Timid Ditto 31/31/x/31/x/31

+

Jap. Protean Froakie x/31/x/x/x/x

Switched out Timid Ditto with Timid Ditto 31/x/31/31/31/x after 5 eggs

It took me 15 eggs in total to get

Female Protean Timid Froakie 31/x/31/31/31/31

AND

Male Protean Timid Froakie 31/x/31/31/31/31

Am I super lucky or did XY Breeding just get super easy?

And which one should I train first?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I need somebodies opinion:

I just started breeding for the first time in XY:

Timid Ditto 31/31/x/31/x/31

+

Jap. Protean Froakie x/31/x/x/x/x

Switched out Timid Ditto with Timid Ditto 31/x/31/31/31/x after 5 eggs

It took me 15 eggs in total to get

Female Protean Timid Froakie 31/x/31/31/31/31

AND

Male Protean Timid Froakie 31/x/31/31/31/31

Am I super lucky or did XY Breeding just get super easy?

And which one should I train first?
Breeding has been made super easy this gen but damn that's still lucky, especially the female one! I'd say train that and use the male as breeding fodder

I went to @Jeebuschrist 's friend safari today to get some growliths, second one I encounter after finding a lot of braxiens, aand SHINY!! WHOOOP!!
Nice. I distinctly remember the second Pokemon in an Ice type FS I was exploring for the first time being a shiny Bergmite, with the first being a normal Bergmite. It's always a thrill to find one just randomly without any tricks or Shiny Charm, though a surprise Masuda Method hatch closely follows.

Hot damn, I got uber lucky today.

In addition to the shiny growlith I now have bred another awesome magnimite that is very close to being a perfect 31/0/31/31/31/0 anylitic quiet magnimite.

Here's how close:

I have a 6iv ditto holding destiny knot and a 4 iv quiet magnimite with X/31/31/31/31/0 ivs, holding an everstone....the second new magnimite I breed has X/X/31/31/31/0 ivs! This is quite lucky considering BOTH PARENTS HAD PERFECT ATTACK.

*dances*

Back when X and Y were just released I decided to go for a good Zygarde, on the second try I got 31/30/31/x/30/31 Adamant. Seems like my luck has run out though, I've been having a go at moltres for the better part of a week now.

I've hatched a pokemon with pokerus in XY. Not just one, but two (first a Riolu when I was breeding for a Lucario, then a Seviper when I was trying to bridge IVs across between my Delphox and a Zweilous I wanted to IV breed).

Yeah, I've hatched pokerus twice (when pokerus has odds of about 1 in 21 thousand according to bulbapedia, compared to about 1 in 4,000 of a shiny pokemon), but never hatched a shiny, and only caught one shiny (ignoring the Gyarados in the Lake of Rage), a Drilbur that I traded away (it was modest nature, so no use competitively, but I did get a legendary out of it).

HOLY *insert your choice of 10+ curse words here*
I got uber lucky again, but did not realize it...I got the magnimite that is just 1-2 generations away from being THE PERFECT ANYLITIC MAGNIMITE...And I did not realize/check it until I bred 37 more magnimites.

Anylitic Magnimite with 31/X/31/31/31/0 ivs from the parents of
6iv ditto holding a destiny knot.
5 iv magnimite holding a everstone...the ivs were X/X/31/31/31/0

I will now check the odds of this happening on the calculator but I think the odds are something like 0.000975%....I got this on the twelfth egg hatched and did not realize it. *face wall face wall face wall*
According to the calculator there is a 4.0625% chance of hatching the desired magnimite in a egg. Still pretty good, right?

I've hatched a pokemon with pokerus in XY. Not just one, but two (first a Riolu when I was breeding for a Lucario, then a Seviper when I was trying to bridge IVs across between my Delphox and a Zweilous I wanted to IV breed).

Yeah, I've hatched pokerus twice (when pokerus has odds of about 1 in 21 thousand according to bulbapedia, compared to about 1 in 4,000 of a shiny pokemon), but never hatched a shiny, and only caught one shiny (ignoring the Gyarados in the Lake of Rage), a Drilbur that I traded away (it was modest nature, so no use competitively, but I did get a legendary out of it).
While you were hatching the eggs, did your party have any other pokemon with pokerus? Eggs can also be infected by Pokerus, you know.

While you were hatching the eggs, did your party have any other pokemon with pokerus? Eggs can also be infected by Pokerus, you know.
Sure, but battles are required for the virus to spread to other party members. Seemingly easier if they're right next to each other without someone with the no longer spreadable form. I've done this a bit in the past, but now I just infect the desired offspring once I finally hatch it rather than try to infect all of them and make the process take longer due to the battling needed.

Though that reminds me of a question I have... *heads off to the simple questions thread*

Is this the new "Look what I bred" thread? I haven't been around here for a while, but I bred this last night after ~75 eggs:

I really wish the HP and SpA were switched but whatever. It was the first shiny that hatched. I really hope that HP is 29.

Also, I hatched it in Radiant Chamber. My regular Metagross was hatched in Ironworks Chamber.

Is this the new "Look what I bred" thread? I haven't been around here for a while, but I bred this last night after ~75 eggs:

I really wish the HP and SpA were switched but whatever. It was the first shiny that hatched. I really hope that HP is 29.

Also, I hatched it in Radiant Chamber. My regular Metagross was hatched in Ironworks Chamber.
Holy crap, nice job!
I've been mesuda methoding 300+ pokemon (without the shiny charm) and have not had one shiny hatc, but I've still caught 2 shiny pokemon with in a month via random encounters. WTF?

Holy crap, nice job!
I've been mesuda methoding 300+ pokemon (without the shiny charm) and have not had one shiny hatc, but I've still caught 2 shiny pokemon with in a month via random encounters. WTF?
This was from Masuda w/o Shiny Charm as well. I had 2.5 boxes of eggs, THEN decided to go for the Shiny Charm. After finally getting the charm a couple days ago, I decided to clear these eggs out, and this was one of them.

I'm definitely trying for something with fewer steps to hatch next time though.

Finally bred a clone (it's essentially a clone due to the perfect ivs) of my friend's perfect IV jolly garchomp, that I bred with a perfect iv Japanese ditto in just 40-43 eggs! (I know I miss numbered at least 2-3)
Now I just need to get a negative ATK IV ditto and I will be set for completing the Kalos dex then the national dex, because breeding faster and moar shiny pokemon is awesome!

There were the pokemon I was using to breed, which never had pokerus, and the Talonflame that I used because it had Flame Body had pokerus, but got cured of it (how Talonflame got pokerus without me seeing it, and no other pokemon of mine got pokerus, idk).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)