XY OU Rate My Team, Another Mega Scizor Team.

Introduction:
Hello GUYS, Im T3aFalGa3 and this is my fourth RTM and competitive OU team ever so I'd really love if you could give some tips to me. Please forgive me English errors ,It's not my first language.
I build this team around my favorite mega and pokemon of all time, yes, Mega Scizor. I think that MScizor is pretty good at OU and one of the strongest pokemon at the moment, So i made a team with the objective supporting him.

Team at first view:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Team:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landorus-T, Offensive Pivot, he has access to Stealth Rock, enabling it to set up a key entry hazard for teams in need of support throughout the entire match. Earthquake is Landorus-T's primary STAB option and hits opposing Pokemon hard, even without investment. U-turn gives Landorus-T the ability to work as an effective pivot, scouting potential switch-ins and creating momentum for its teammates. Stone Edge allows Landorus-T to be a decent Talonflame and Mega Pinsir check, while hitting Defog users like Zapdos and Mandibuzz hard and threatening common switch-ins such as Charizard and Kyurem-B.
Leftovers gives Landorus-T its only form of health recovery.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Raikou, Assault Vest, The EVs provide enough Speed to outrun Thundurus and give Raikou a good enough damage output, with the rest in Special Defense to get a bit more special bulk out of the Assault Vest.
Thunderbolt is Raikou's reliable STAB; it has the highest damage output and poses a great threat to Water-types and Mega Charizard Y, which Raikou is generally supposed to check. Volt Switch gives it a safe move to pivot and wear down defensive threats with, which works especially well in conjunction with entry hazards. Hidden Power Ice is compulsory coverage to hit Landorus, Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Garchomp, which otherwise completely wall Raikou. Shadow Ball for 2HKOing Latios.

Starmie @ life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Starmie, Offensive Spinner, This set plays to Starmie's natural offensive capabilities. Analytic is the ability of Choice for it's incredible power boost on the switch. Hydro Pump is STAB and hits stupidly hard on the switch, thanks to the boost Analytic provides and its awesome Base Power. Ice Beam provides nice coverage for Grass- and Dragon-types. Psychock is the main option for Starmie as it's STAB and hits Mega-Venusaur and Chansey for nice damage. Psyshock has a slim chance to OHKO Conkeldurr. Finally, Rapid Spin is used as it supports the team by removing hazards.

Some calculation:
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Quagsire: 200-238 (50.7 - 60.4%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 187-222 (26.5 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Talonflame, Choice Band, Brave Bird is the move that Talonflame will be using most of the time due to its STAB boost and Gale Wings. Flare Blitz is mainly a backup move for when locking Talonflame into Brave Bird isn't optimal, and deals with Pokemon such as Scizor and Aegislash better than Brave Bird does. U-turn is useful on this set as it allows Talonflame to escape from a bad situation, and is Talonflame's best move for Tyranitar. Tailwind serves the same purpose as on the standard set, and can help bluff an non-Choice set.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Sableye, Prankster Utility, This set aims to make use of Sableye's good support movepool in conjunction with Prankster to become a nuisance to both defensive and offensive teams alike. Recover allows Sableye to stay continually healthy and is notable on this set for being the only defensive Pokemon in the tier with priority recovery. Will-O-Wisp is also a staple in Sableye's repertoire, allowing it to cripple most physical attackers while spreading residual damage at the same time. Taunt has many uses on this set, preventing support moves, setup moves, and opposing Taunt users from using Sableye as setup bait. Knock Off rounds off the set as a fantastic STAB move to further enhance Sableye's tactics of wearing down its foes.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 44 Atk / 248 HP / 100 SpD / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Roost

The main Star, Bulky swords dance, The EVs purpose is to allow Scizor to set up on specific threats. 248 HP EV investment makes Scizor as bulky as possible and reduces Stealth Rock damage, while 116 Defense EVs and 100 Special Defense EVs prevent Scizor from being 2HKOed by anything weaker than Adamant Landorus-T's Earthquake and Aegislash's Shadow Ball, respectively.
Swords Dance allows Scizor to easily sweep teams, and thanks to this set's focus on bulk, it will have ample opportunities to set up. Roost allows Scizor to set up on anything that cannot 2HKO it, such as Garchomp without Fire Blast and Excadrill, and prevents Scizor from being worn down before it can sweep. Bullet Punch is Scizor's main attacking move, packing an effective 60 Base Power thanks to Technician and making up for Scizor's uninvested Speed. Knock Off allows Scizor to get a solid hit on many Pokemon that resist Bullet Punch, such as Rotom-W, and can also be of use to cripple common switch-ins such as Heatran.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Other members of the Team:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Magic Coat

Smeargle, Lead, The goal of this set is simple: get off a Spore first turn to cripple the opposing lead, then proceed to set up as many entry hazards as possible.
Spore is one of the best moves in the game in my opinion because it can always put something to sleep; it works out great on Smeargle, as it gives it a free turn to set up Stealth Rock or a layer of Spikes while also possibly crippling something for the rest of the match. Stealth Rock is amazing to have on a lead seeing as it is also one of the best moves in the game. Spikes is for forcing the opponent to take as much residual damage as possible in order to help out Smeargle's teammates. Magic Coat can be very useful with proper prediction, as it can bounce back opposing entry hazards while also possibly preventing faster leads such as Terrakion from stopping Smeargle with Taunt.

So this was my team, hope you leave suggestions on what I should remove/add/do. I'd love you to help me. Thanks for reading and Good Luck to all of you.

Thanks for Reading, Please Leave Suggestions!

Last edited:
Reserved for threat list:

Venusaur Mega.
Chansey.
Quagsire.
Charizard Mega Y.
Charizard Mega X : Dragon Dance.
Heatran.
Garchomp.
Excadrill.
Greninja.

Change Log:
-Talonflame EVs changed as suggested by ThePack.
-Landorus-Therian take the place of Smeargle as suggested by ThePack.

Last edited:
Great team!
I would take away those 4 HP evs on Talonflame, and put it to SpDef, so that it would have an odd amount of HP, meaning that it would take 49% from SR, not 50%.
Edit: Also, I would recommend changing Stealth Rocks from Smeargle to something like a bulky Landorus-T, which would help deal with DD Dragonite, Heatran and Aegislash, which can be quite problematic, and also act as a nice pivot and physical wall.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide

The 88 Speed EVs are to outspeed 252 speed Adamant Bisharp

Last edited:
Great team!
I would take away those 4 HP evs on Talonflame, and put it to SpDef, so that it would have an odd amount of HP, meaning that it would take 49% from SR, not 50%.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion ThePack, I will change Talonflame Evs to take less damage from SR, It's always hard to switch into Talonflame when they are SR on the field.

Also, I would recommend changing Stealth Rocks from Smeargle to something like a bulky Landorus-T, which would help deal with DD Dragonite, which can be quite problematic, and also act as a nice pivot and physical wall.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide

The 88 Speed EVs are to outspeed 252 speed Adamant Bisharp
I don't realy see DD Dragonite as big threath, I can deal with him by using Sableye, Taunt to block DD, and stall it with WoW and Recover.

252+ Atk Choice Band burned Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 207-245 (68 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also I have Analytic Starmie to deal with Dragonite.

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Helping Hand Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 320-377 (98.7 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Yep sorry about that. I didn't really look at the team properly. I meant it more for Heatran and aegislash.

Yep sorry about that. I didn't really look at the team properly. I meant it more for Heatran and aegislash.
Yeah this too are real headaches, Especially Aegi and Heatran when Starmie goes down, So I will make sure to test Landorus-T and see if he does better Job then Smeargle.
But I also think that Greninja will become more dangerous to the team if Raikou is gone, He can OHKO Landorus, and outspeed Starmie to OHKO it.

Yeah this too are real headaches, Especially Aegi and Heatran when Starmie goes down, So I will make sure to test Landorus-T and see if he does better Job then Smeargle.
But I also think that Greninja will become more dangerous to the team if Raikou is gone, He can OHKO Landorus, and outspeed Starmie to OHKO it.
Your Talonflame can OHKO Greninja with the banded Brave Bird.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 325-384 (113.6 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So far I peaked around 1550-1650 Elo on SD, with some difficulty, mainly because of all the Aegislash and Stall teams on the ladder, And I'm sure I can climb more.

Right now i'm using Landorus-Therian instead of Smeargle, But they are both good mons in there on way, Landorus-T make my opponent in more pressure with his good atk stats and intimidation, and Smeargle can get of spore and set up SR and Spikes more easily, and kind help me against Stall teams.

If mega venusaur is a threat, you could switch maybe t-bolt or shadow ball for extrasensory on Raikou. You don't really need two electric stabs, imo, and I think volt switch is more valuable of the two. Hell, just look at rotom-w.

If mega venusaur is a threat, you could switch maybe t-bolt or shadow ball for extrasensory on Raikou. You don't really need two electric stabs, imo, and I think volt switch is more valuable of the two. Hell, just look at rotom-w.
Mega-venusaur isn't a big threat as Charizard Mega X, I can deal with by using Talonflame, And some times with Starmie, I don't know why, but they do switch into Mega-venusaur when Starmie is on the field and they get 2HKO instead.

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Venusaur: 320-380 (87.9 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Venusaur: 198-234 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I can't switch either T-bolt or Shadow Ball on Raikou, because if I do i can't OHKO some other threats with Volt Switch, Like Keldeo, Skarmory. and for Shadow Ball I will lose a way to deal with Latios and Latias.

252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 362-428 (108.3 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Raikou Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 282-332 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 294-348 (91 - 107.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Raikou Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 230-272 (71.2 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)