Other Pokemon: Smogon Version OU [Route 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the way you said it makes them sound like Leprechauns (Which is still fitting, but it will require us to give them an Irish Accent) but I like the idea
I just want to face the Lucky Charms mascot as the final boss battle.

And then punt the little bugger off a cliff. They're my Lucky Charms now.

More on topic, it'll be rather difficult to make Team Luck-Sack unique in its own right. As much as they are supposed to depict all the strategies that Smogon frowns upon, it would be shallow and uninteresting to just inordinately bash a group of nondescript grunts for it.

Perhaps, to give the storyline some depth and perspective, we create a character that is somewhat of an analogy to N in the BW games. I propose a character, most likely physically younger than the main protagonist, who was born with the world's most coveted treasure in his mind: The One True Balancing Solution for All Pokemon. So earth-shatteringly powerful is this knowledge, that this poor child must pay the price by being unable to walk, bound to a wheelchair for life. He also cannot utter the entire One True Balancing Solution for All Pokemon in full, because when he utters but a few words of the Great Truth, he simply passes out, too frail to handle such a burden on the mind and body.

However, due to the collaboration of several powerful men, embittered by the rules of Smogon and enamoured with world domination, the young boy's words have been misinterpreted and misconstrued as 'freedom of usage for ALL moves and strategies', and hundreds, if not thousands, of people that feel just as embittered as the puppet-masters behind it all, join Team Luck-Sack, unaware that they are merely forwarding a few men's dreams of turning the world upside-down.

To connect this to the first town, perhaps the very last NPC you meet before moving on to the next route is a rather silent boy in a wheelchair, forlornly staring at the tall grass and ponds, before slowly pushing himself back home into one of the houses in the first town.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor

More on topic, it'll be rather difficult to make Team Luck-Sack unique in its own right. As much as they are supposed to depict all the strategies that Smogon frowns upon, it would be shallow and uninteresting to just inordinately bash a group of nondescript grunts for it.

Perhaps, to give the storyline some depth and perspective, we create a character that is somewhat of an analogy to N in the BW games. I propose a character, most likely physically younger than the main protagonist, who was born with the world's most coveted treasure in his mind: The One True Balancing Solution for All Pokemon. So earth-shatteringly powerful is this knowledge, that this poor child must pay the price by being unable to walk, bound to a wheelchair for life. He also cannot utter the entire One True Balancing Solution for All Pokemon in full, because when he utters but a few words of the Great Truth, he simply passes out, too frail to handle such a burden on the mind and body.

However, due to the collaboration of several powerful men, embittered by the rules of Smogon and enamoured with world domination, the young boy's words have been misinterpreted and misconstrued as 'freedom of usage for ALL moves and strategies', and hundreds, if not thousands, of people that feel just as embittered as the puppet-masters behind it all, join Team Luck-Sack, unaware that they are merely forwarding a few men's dreams of turning the world upside-down.

To connect this to the first town, perhaps the very last NPC you meet before moving on to the next route is a rather silent boy in a wheelchair, forlornly staring at the tall grass and ponds, before slowly pushing himself back home into one of the houses in the first town.
Thats actually pretty awesome, I really liked the idea of N, however I dont really think we should make the boss a little kid going through both physical and mental health problems, maybe make him a bit older and let him speak, but I would love to see this

Thats actually pretty awesome, I really liked the idea of N, however I dont really think we should make the boss a little kid going through both physical and mental health problems, maybe make him a bit older and let him speak, but I would love to see this
He doesn't have to be silent through the entire game, just that one scene. I'd imagine the kid would be mature beyond his years. Also, the same way that Ghetsis was the true boss instead of N, neither is the kid the true boss of Team Luck-Sack. The boss (or rather, bosses) are the small group of men playing the boy like a puppet to abolish Smogon's rules and rule the world.

Interpret the mastermind(s) however you want, I just want them to all get eaten by Giratina, Cyrus-style, for screwing with the protagonist.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
He doesn't have to be silent through the entire game, just that one scene. I'd imagine the kid would be mature beyond his years. Also, the same way that Ghetsis was the true boss instead of N, neither is the kid the true boss of Team Luck-Sack. The boss (or rather, bosses) are the small group of men playing the boy like a puppet to abolish Smogon's rules and rule the world.

Interpret the mastermind(s) however you want, I just want them to all get eaten by Giratina, Cyrus-style, for screwing with the protagonist.
Oh, okay yeah I like that, it will definitely work out well if played right. I thought the kid was the boss, didn't realize you also incorporated the brainwashing part

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
after spending a complete day reading this thread, i finally post my suggestions here :
1. Zarel - we should all worship zarel for giving us PS!, and i believe he needs to be in here as well. He could be the one who developed the pc-system and the IV-checking system and maybe more. like in many games, his family could be living in town-2 and go like "my son developed the system" etc.

I like OverLordDerp's idea of the kid and all, but maybe we should tweak it a bit later on so as not to make it "N Reincarnated" story.

The uniform could be plain black with "TLS" on the front, and bandanas

4. Not regarding town-2 : denniss could actually be some philosopher who came-up with the idea of BP-teams, but meant no ill and his idea was stolen by Team LuckSack(TLS from now pls?)

4. Not regarding town-2 : denniss could actually be some philosopher who came-up with the idea of BP-teams, but meant no ill and his idea was stolen by Team LuckSack(TLS from now pls?)
Not sure that fits as Denniss made his team to try to get it banned. He could be like a mentor like an old war veteran of the baton pass suspect. Who single handedly won the war and banned team luck sacks most devastating weapon and he will train you in the ways of the ban hammer and fair play.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
that's nice as well, denniss preparing us to tackle the bp-teams that're feared above all.
have we named the towns yet, or we'll refer to them as town-x througout?
anyways, regarding the 2 TLS grunts in town-2(assuming they're there), when confronted by the player, they could say something like "we've been overheard. boss told us we should not be discovered. RUN!", and drop something in the process of fleeing, which can be :
1. used later-on as however way the story progresses or,
2. hand it to Prof. Chou who takes it for examination, and is used later-on

that's nice as well, denniss preparing us to tackle the bp-teams that're feared above all.
have we named the towns yet, or we'll refer to them as town-x througout?
anyways, regarding the 2 TLS grunts in town-2(assuming they're there), when confronted by the player, they could say something like "we've been overheard. boss told us we should not be discovered. RUN!", and drop something in the process of fleeing, which can be :
1. used later-on as however way the story progresses or,
2. hand it to Prof. Chou who takes it for examination, and is used later-on
From my knowledge we aven't named this town, hence a topic I brought up a bit ago on how this town name should try and fit with alongside Golurkmoar to establish a naming theme for the region.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This one is a town, not a city...

I like the idea of Zarel as this region's Bill. :D

Nothing evil about building teams to try get them banned. IPL was largely responsible for driving to get 4th gen wobb banned--and was well respected for it too.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor

Nothing evil about building teams to try get them banned. IPL was largely responsible for driving to get 4th gen wobb banned--and was well respected for it too.
It can still be Readarulse Town. But seriously, can we please stop naming these early towns by stuff like Youwilllose or Noob Town, it makes people who play the game, even when they are pros, sound like they are bad at pokemon, we shouldn't be going under this impression. I'm find with Golurkmoar, since lurking is what new players should do, but please stop making town names that look like the game is insulting your skill when you enter the town, it makes the game look like Military Training.

Wasn't trying to say it was evil. I was trying to say he should play a mentor like role as the last person to kick TLS butt. Maybe like a looker roll.

Not all teams have to be sad or have a serious story like Team Plasma (and Team Flare, kinda). Look at Team Rocket. From what I remember, Team Rocket wasn't too serious (except on a few occasions, like killing Marowak, taking over the Silph Co building and Radio Tower) the team was mostly comical, and didn't really have an end to justify what they were doing like almost all the other teams (except for money possibly), they were card-carrying villains. The grunts were usually comical, but the leaders, such as the admins and Giovanni, could be taken seriously.

Don't get me wrong, Team Plasma is my favorite villainous group in the entire Franchise, but I feel that Team Luck-Sack should be a more comically evil like Team Rocket ("Oh no, I dropped the LIFT KEY!") rather than Plasma, because they're just trying to use hax and unfair tactics to win battles, which isn't really a serious issue, which Team Plasma and Team Flare were doing bad deeds for. Plus, I couldn't take a guy dressed as a leprachaun seriously. Of course, the leaders and higher-ups might be able to be taken seriously.

Additionally, more people have played the original Red and Blue than Black and White (I believe), so a team modeled Team Rocket would feel more familiar for players. Maybe a team like that would be appreciated by the genwunner audience?

Last edited:
because they're just trying to use hax and unfair tactics to win battles, which isn't really a serious issue,/quote]
I dunno about that. Pokemon is serious business.
But really, the game is so much more interesting if it has a plot where the evil villains have a well thought out motive. Team Rocket had money as a motive, which makes sense. N had a great story. But team flare had the stereotypical "Let's destroy the world and only have us survive" motive. That's boring and not thought provoking whatsoever. I like the idea of team luck sack having a serious story. Yeah, some of the grunts will be clueless, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have an overall well thought out motive.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It can still be Readarulse Town. But seriously, can we please stop naming these early towns by stuff like Youwilllose or Noob Town, it makes people who play the game, even when they are pros, sound like they are bad at pokemon, we shouldn't be going under this impression. I'm find with Golurkmoar, since lurking is what new players should do, but please stop making town names that look like the game is insulting your skill when you enter the town, it makes the game look like Military Training.
*Redarulse
If you think it's a little too insulting, we can use something else like "Dragamaga Town", "Weethawaras Town", "Viabull Town", "Burdspom Town"... you get the drift.

EDIT: Here are some more.
Ladorhing
Stahall
Hyporoff
Bulchay
Bollence
Taherring
Wahlbraikor

Yes I realize I'm just corrupting words, but what do you expect? :heart:

Last edited:
do we have an idea of what the 2nd town looks like. if not, i could make a rough(very rough) proposal for it
afaik I know it's a town with a nursery, and it kinda functions like cherrygrove city in Gold/Silver/Crystal/HG/SS
I suppose it should be like that, just a nice town that is the same size as teh starting town with a few buildings like a Center, a Mart, some houses and people that give more introduction to the game (Like the old dude that runs around the town showing you everything there is in HGSS)
I'll make a map of it as soon as I know more details :P

Also I'm leaving for a vacation tomorrow so no maps untill 10 august from me o3o

SparksBlade

Community Leader
what's the difference b/w the day-care in 1st town and the nursery in the 2nd town? i mean aren't they supposed to be the same

If that's the case then why do we need actual buildings? I think it makes sense to have where you pick up the eggs and then you can deposit the Pokemon via PC.
It would be like visiting Bill or such. Maybe you can get something extra or special if you talk to them directly? Maybe you'll be able to do something with them that you can't from a box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)