The Bracket Tournament - Third Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Approved by the TDs

RULES:
1: Tournament Concept
--- More on this later.
2: Your team MUST be legal on the Smogon OU ladder that is currently in effect as of the beginning of the round your battle was placed.
--- If a ban/unban happens at any point during the tournament, it takes effect as soon as a new round starts. Extensions (Round 1 match, something gets banned, Round 2 starts but a battle is an R1 extension) use the banlist of R1, for example. Rule 1 takes priority in conflicts.
3: You must follow anything not already stated by Rule 2 that is stated in this thread.
--- Don't be an asshole to your fellow participants. This is a game, have fun.
4: BEST OF ONE
--- One match decides the winner. If you choose to play a Best of 3, I reserve the right to manually decide the winner based on the winner of the first match, and if there are complications, to force a rematch.

TOURNAMENT CONCEPT
Signups: Handpicked, HEAVILY based on First-Come-First-Serve. Makes it easier to make groups that way.
I will make 4 groups of 16 based on what I believe the skill level in general is. I will try to get some input regarding the groupings, but in the end, it will be my decision. I will make 16 groups of 4 after that, randomly choosing 1 member of each group for each 4-person group.
Round 1: The representative of Group A (Highest) will battle the one of Group D (Lowest). The one from B will battle C.
Round 2: The victors in each group battle each other, and the losers battle each other.
Round 3: Groups of 8 are made, putting two groups together. Similar to Round 1, aside it being 8 players. Single elimination from here on out.
Round 4: Continuation from R3. Round 5: Continuation from R4. Round 6: Reseeding based on perceived skill, basic tournament from here on.

Matchups:
-
pokebasket vs Zebraiken
Z+V vs shartruce2
King vs SOMALIA
red97 vs Lasagne
-
Cicada vs Bad Ass
srk1214 vs Subject 18
X5Dragon vs s_aman
PROBLEMS vs MarceloDK
-
Myzozoa vs complete legitimacy
HSA ♥ vs Cinco Diablo
kael vs mfhoundoom
Seismitoad vs FLCL
-
Vileman vs majaspic22
llvallejoll vs praj.pran
Double01 vs Rewer
Raseri vs Floppy
-
Nova vs Little Hulk
Erick17 vs SnowCristal!
HBK vs Reymedy
Stathakis vs cbt
-
zeriloa vs Ojama
Harsha vs Typhlito
.Robert vs WhiteQueen
PasY_G vs Kebabe
-
Navy vs Steven Snype
MikeDawg vs Doughboy
Haruno vs Dice
TGMD vs Ruppy
-
Tomahawk vs Jets
Bluwing vs Ezio
Lost Soul vs boudouche
Laurel vs Lowgock

Deadline: August 3rd

Now begins single-elimination. You lose now, you're out. Your score in the first two rounds will come back and haunt you once you make Top 16.

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
.Robert I'm on smogtours and will be for the next hour or so if you're on and wanna play.

I had to post here cause he locked his profile wall...

so what was the point of the first two rounds if everyone's still in and can get eliminated this round even if they won both matches r1 and r2?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
It gives me a good idea who the inactive players are, and allows me to seed Top16 in a more 'concrete' way.

well my opponent didnt give me a reason why he couldnt play yesterday when we were both on, activity

beat CBT with a possibly crucial focus blast miss though my X was guaranteed to survive two and possibly three focus blasts from his Y. gg otherwise

every day I thank r_willy for blessing me :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)