Media One Piece (spoilers!)

I hate this hype on Shanks as one of the strongest... He most likely is, but how could a guy with strong haki lose an arm to some fodder fish??

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
I hate this hype on Shanks as one of the strongest... He most likely is, but how could a guy with strong haki lose an arm to some fodder fish??
The only argument that was ever proposed was that he was caught off guard trying to save Luffy that he didn't sense the Sea Monster with his Haki, it was a last minute thing. I get how you feel, but I truly believe he is the strongest, if not one of the strongest in the entire series. He was Rodgers cabin boy, trained on his ship, spent years honing his skills, His strength was evident when his Haki caused WhiteBeards ship to start breaking, something we've never seen before. I get how you feel, but remember this is Shanks he was extremely strong even before the loss of his arm. It didn't hinder him in a way, It would probably hinder us, but he's Shanks. It would be an insane plot twist if he's been hiding his arm the entire time and that Luffy's memory was completely wrong, and that this whole time everyone assumed that he lost an arm, but its just my idiotic theory lol.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i thought that chap was boring, again. aside from the bellamy stuff it was a lot of the same old shit (I guess the dwarves are cool but I wanna see some fights now please god). Maybe finally next chapter we'll get somewhere?

I'm not usually one to criticize the manga writers but the pacing seems really off in this arc. First the stuff with Sugar/Usopp taking a billion chapters and now getting up to the final plateau. I swear to god if luffy gets on the pedastal and dof knocks him all the way down i will shit.

CrushinDefeat

i thought that chap was boring, again. aside from the bellamy stuff it was a lot of the same old shit (I guess the dwarves are cool but I wanna see some fights now please god). Maybe finally next chapter we'll get somewhere?

I'm not usually one to criticize the manga writers but the pacing seems really off in this arc. First the stuff with Sugar/Usopp taking a billion chapters and now getting up to the final plateau. I swear to god if luffy gets on the pedastal and dof knocks him all the way down i will shit.
I mean I don't want to say it was completely boring but I agree with this somewhat, All we saw were the Family defending against the other pirates which is ok I guess.... the only thing Im really interested in atm is Diamante vs Kyros, I want to see Kyros flat out destroy him in a match up for the shit he did, Doflamingo's goal is pretty interesting too, where the hell is Laws backstory..... Im getting annoyed at the teases followed by breaks.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't understand how people think Kuzan can't be on the Straw Hat crew but can be on the Blackbeard crew, is it just because BB was interested in him? Sure he may have fought against Luffy but he's at least shown respect toward the SHs. Blackbeard betrayed 2 of the biggest powers in the OPverse (Whitebeard and the Marines) for power of his own and I can't really imagine this character going "ah im in" considering that lol. I think the idea of Revo/Lone Hero Kuzan work the best atm.

Aokiji is probably (slightly) weaker now though, he needs to use his power constantly just to be able to walk, missing half of his body and all.

Is Kidd weaker too?
He can probably move his mechanical arm without using his powers. Aokiji would be completely powerless in a situation where he can't use his DF, which is a major disadvantage (against Blackbeard most of all). Also, several of the most powerful characters in OP have said that depending too much on a DF is a mistake/weakness.

Zoro's great. and I have this feeling that the executives of Doffy are all weaklings. So much for the hype.

and looks like Kinemon's story will have something to do with Revs, just based on the Kanjouro's face lol

CrushinDefeat

I definitely agree with Vein on this, first off, Zoro's 1080 Pound Phoenix was just bad ass, I think he's just about beaten Pica at this point. Second of all most of the Donquixote Family members were over hyped, I assume Sugar is back since we do see the new ghoulish versions of her toy army, however at the same time, most of the members were pretty horrible. Buffalo, Baby 5, Jora, Gladius, and Machvise have all been pretty lackluster, Diamante has upset me alot. Im on the fence about Dellinger. Trebol is ok, Senor Pink is actually doing great, he's taken out Franky multiple times(even if it was unfair odds). Pica is literally the second strongest under Doflamingo who is OP. Kanjuro is looking like a beast no doubt though, loving his Devil Fruit abilities.

Frankie doesn't care about being suplexed. Senor is fucked once he gets serious.

Dunno, the battles in this arc is maybe just to hype SH battles against Kaido's group (this's Oda's way to say that Luffy has a chance to be a yonko). The arc is long, but the battles will be easy, even Luffy vs Doffy.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i seriously doubt that luffy vs dof will be easy. dof has yet to be injured (except for a scratch against law?). he shares that trait with like.... 3 other characters? (like boa hancock)

CrushinDefeat

Anyone think it would be interesting if Hakuba managed to cut Doflamingo's cheek if they fought? I have a feeling Hakuba would fair pretty well against Doffy but Im not sure.

I think Luffy's biggest problem against Doflamingo is going to be his companions. I doubt Kyros even has haki and Cavendish/Hakuba is just so unreliable. They'll probably get controlled or turn against him in the end.

CrushinDefeat

I think Luffy's biggest problem against Doflamingo is going to be his companions. I doubt Kyros even has haki and Cavendish/Hakuba is just so unreliable. They'll probably get controlled or turn against him in the end.
I'd make for a great twist if Doffy somehow possessed Zoro and had him and Luffy duke it out, I think however if Conquerors Haki is used Doflamingo cannot control that person, so it could be possible that Zoro maybe saved. Unsure though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)