XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

I did a Noivern analysis a while ago which got rejected, but I'd be fine personally with an analysis on one again (it was cool!!!). I don't know how Jukain and Dice feel about it though, so lets see what they say.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since Metagross is getting a Mega Evolution, does that mean people can do an analysis for it when its Mega's stats are revealed?

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
k so we need the following

cresselia analysis update (alter dropped it)

stallbreaker victini analysis (i guess)

mega aerodactyl taken over with two sets: a stallbreaker taunt + roost one and attacking one with 3/4-move coverage.

ferrothorn taken over with knock off slashed second or even first in the last slot, power whip slashed alone, spread with more spdef.

dugtrio update with sr slashed alone, memento and sub slashed in third slot, less hype (be more hard on its flaws). use original analysis as a reference, you shouldn't have to rewrite everything.

subsalac endeavor keldeo set (used a few times in wcop) if no one's opposed.

small mamoswine update -- condense the overview, fix up sets (sr set first easily, icicle spear at least slashed if not first with endeavor, icicle spear slash 1 on life orb set, last slot on life orb set fixed up with sr added and freeze dry should not be slashed first). again can use original analysis.

sd natural gift (liechi berry) talonflame set.

being on my phone away is dumb, can write posts but can't update this damn op, so just post what you're reserving.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
taking liechi tflame and dugtrio

edit: jukain, how about a slash for salac, to hit stuff like ttar and heatran

Last edited:
I'd like to take Chesnaught if that's okay. Also, I'd like to make a few suggestions to Mega Banette OU, if someone wouldn't mind directing me to where I can help. If someone wouldn't mind giving me some details, that would be great

I'd like to take Chesnaught if that's okay. Also, I'd like to make a few suggestions to Mega Banette OU, if someone wouldn't mind directing me to where I can help. If someone wouldn't mind giving me some details, that would be great
Chesnaught is completed :). And it can only be OU by usage, and I don't think Banette will ever get enough usage to break OU, sorry!

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
if you have a couple things to change in an analysis post in the ou analyses discussion thread or on the #ouqc irc channel bringing up these points.

If your points are valid small updates can be done.

I actually oppose to Endeavor Keldeo getting its own set. I feel it is gimmicky and deserves nothing more than OO, honestly. Sure, it may work a few times, but it isn't as consistent as regular Keldeo sets. It has the surprise factor, yes, but so does using Endeavor on anything else like Scolipede, for example. I think it would require a very skilled player to execute effectively and just does not deserve to get an analysis, at least that's my opinion on it.

Not true on how effective it is or consistent. In my experience and that of those I regularly watch battle this set works way more than it doesn't simply because it catches people off guard or they just aren't prepared. You're correct on the skill cap though as it is quite a bit harder to use than just clicking one move until you swap out. Judging based on how effective it is I think it warrants its own set.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ultimately analyses are supposed to represent the highest level of play, which means things are being used by good players. a skill cap isn't really relevant because of this. even with a set in the analysis this set will have surprise factor and be effective, because specs keldeo is so much more common and typically has 1-2 good answers at best per team, so when the opponent brings in their mega venusaur you'll usually be able to cripple it or put it in a bad position.

i haven't tested it extensively, but during wcop i stumbled across bulky reflect type starmie and it's a great way to have a solid spinner / keldeo check which can't be bisharp'd and it also has some unique uses like against the ever so common ferrothorn

how do people feel about this getting a set?

if some people could weigh in, we could decide whether or not to put it up for reservation.

Definitely agree, I've played Starmie a bit this gen and the only set that seems to work consistently is the reflect type set (to a lesser extent LO Analytic but not really important). Many of the Pokemon that either threaten Starmie or pokes that it can do nothing to are screwed over by reflect type, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and Mega Scizor to name a few. I'm not sure on EVs (BKC probably knows) but the move set is Scald, Reflect Type, Rapid Spin, Recover in case anyone was wondering.

While we are on the subject of Reflect Type, I've been testing Latias a bit today with Reflect Type and it wasn't half bad. It accomplishes practically the same thing as Starmie with a higher SpA and Defog versus Rapid Spin and Roost instead of Recover. It serves the purpose of getting out of Bisharp unscathed and it certainly has a niche. I do feel Reflect Type should be mentioned in OO, or its own set.

EDIT:
Also, I feel like Starmie and Latias are the only //viable// user of Reflect Type and that's really it imo. (pls no Reflect Type Gengar)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)