========

-Will-o-Wisp will cripple phyiscal attackers
-Leech Seed is a reliable recovery even though Grass-types are immune
-Shadow Sneak gives some priority to revenge kill or get the first hit
-Bullet Seed is the best Grass-type STAB Pumpkaboo has access to

Set Details
========

-Since this set is meant to be bulky, it uses the Eviolite
-This EV spread is made to increase bulk and still add a little punch to attacks like Shadow Sneak
-Impish will further boost Defense without lowering Attack

Usage Tips
========

-Tanky but need to make sure counters are out of the way first
-Use WoW prior to Leech Seed if physical so damage will be weakened
-Prior to burning, specially based opponents are a bigger threat so watch for that

Team Options
========

-Spritzee: Can take Dark-type moves, set up Trick Room, and heal with Wish
-Tirtouga: Nice type synergy and can deal with threats that usually bother Pumpkaboo(I.E. Fletchling)
-Meditite: Can help with some coverage and is a great sweeper
-Mienfoo: Takes Knock Off without much worry
-Trubbish: Can take Knock Off and keeps item thanks to Sticky Hold
-Chinchou: Deals with Fire and Flying-types namely Murkrow, Fletchling, and Larvesta

Other Options
########

-Fully offensive with Flame Charge but this is better left off to Pumpkaboo-Small
-Explosion can help go for a last shot but is not too reliable
-Destiny Bond can be used but due to low Speed, is not optimal
-Specially Defensive but considerably lower SpDef makes Defensive the more suitable choice
-Suicide lead set with Trick Room and Explosion

Checks & Counters
########

-Fletchling: Immune to Shadow Sneak and can OHKO Acrobatics without a held item
-Timburr: Being burned actually helps it out and it can OHKO with Knock Off
-Knock Off: Gets rid of held item and is super effective
-Fire-types: Fire-types are a pain to most Grass-types and Pumpkaboo is no different. They are immune to WoW and can KO with ease, especially specially based ones

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
To clarify, how is this going to be done? Presumably, there are going to be analyses for each of the different formes separately (like Deoxys). I'm assuming this is for the average one.

Judging from this thread, it is safe to assume that, much like Gourgeist and Deoxys, Pumpkaboo formes get separate analyses. Therefore, it should be specified in the thread title which one it is. As a heads up, point out the advantages and disadvantages fo whatever forme you are writing about over the others (though I hear only small and super are worth it but I digress).

It doesn't need another set. Your evs work out fine, you hit Eviolite numbers and you don't have any leftover evs that can be put anywhere. The only thing I would suggest is taking 80 evs out of HP and put it into Atk or Spe so you can hit a Stealth Rock number, lest that would make some relevant calc into a 2hko. I'm not sure what that would be though, so just change it for now.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
You do need to expand on Usage Tips and Team Options, as well as C&C. otherwise, good work!

Standard Super - Team Options:
Since Pumpkaboo-Super is a Dark-weak mon, having something on the team that can take a Knock Off is of very high importance. Mienfoo can absorb Knock Off without caring too much thanks to Regen and Drain Punch. Spritzee can absorb Knock Offs from the likes of Mienfoo and Timburr, but it doesn't appreciate being threatened by Pawniard's Iron Head. Trubbish has dat Sticky Hold and Drain Punch which deals with Pawniard nicely, so it makes for a great team mate.
Pumpkaboo-Super also fears Flying-types (namely Murkrow and Fletchling) and Fire-types in general; Chinchou handles these threats rather nicely.

Other Options (possibly deserving of a main set as well)
Trick Room Setter - Since Pumpkaboo-Super has the lowest speed of all the Pumpkaboos, it is the best candidate for a Trick Room setter. With Focus Sash and Destiny Bond/Explosion, you can get Trick Room set up and potentially take the opposing lead down with you, giving you the advantage early on in the match.
Trick Room Setter - Team Options:
Anything that can enjoys the effects of Trick Room. Cubone, Cranidos, Trapinch, Clamperl... etc.

Standard Super - Team Options:
Since Pumpkaboo-Super is a Dark-weak mon, having something on the team that can take a Knock Off is of very high importance. Mienfoo can absorb Knock Off without caring too much thanks to Regen and Drain Punch. Spritzee can absorb Knock Offs from the likes of Mienfoo and Timburr, but it doesn't appreciate being threatened by Pawniard's Iron Head. Trubbish has dat Sticky Hold and Drain Punch which deals with Pawniard nicely, so it makes for a great team mate.
Pumpkaboo-Super also fears Flying-types (namely Murkrow and Fletchling) and Fire-types in general; Chinchou handles these threats rather nicely.

Other Options (possibly deserving of a main set as well)
Trick Room Setter - Since Pumpkaboo-Super has the lowest speed of all the Pumpkaboos, it is the best candidate for a Trick Room setter. With Focus Sash and Destiny Bond/Explosion, you can get Trick Room set up and potentially take the opposing lead down with you, giving you the advantage early on in the match.
Trick Room Setter - Team Options:
Anything that can enjoys the effects of Trick Room. Cubone, Cranidos, Trapinch, Clamperl... etc.

I was thinking about having a set like this but I found it to be quite situational. If any else thinks this should also be a set, I will gladly add it in!

I used the following set on a trick room team to some success.

Set name:Trick Room Suicide
Pumpkaboo-Super@Focus Sash
-Trick Room
-Explosion
-Will-o-Wisp
-Confuse Ray
Ability:Frisk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
124 HP/228 Atk/36 Def/76 SpD

90% of the time, you'll just set up Trick Room before going WTF BOOM. Simple to use, and gets whatever frail Trick Room sweeper you have in safely.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I believe that Trick Room merits a set. I've been using this primarily as a lead on a Trick Room team, and it kicks ass.

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
Level: 5
EVs: 44 HP / 68 Atk / 196 Def / 156 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Bullet Seed
- Explosion
- Will-O-Wisp

He is super bulky with Eviolite, able to take a Knock Off from most leads and set up Trick Room before going to another teammate, burning an opponent, or just exploding on a softer opponent. Bullet Seed is an awesome attack on things like Drilbur and Tirtouga, and few things can afford to switch in on it, especially with Trick Room up. He has a good typing for a Trick Room setter (better than solosis) and he is one of the best at his job.

I believe that Trick Room merits a set. I've been using this primarily as a lead on a Trick Room team, and it kicks ass.

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
Level: 5
EVs: 44 HP / 68 Atk / 196 Def / 156 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Bullet Seed
- Explosion
- Will-O-Wisp

He is super bulky with Eviolite, able to take a Knock Off from most leads and set up Trick Room before going to another teammate, burning an opponent, or just exploding on a softer opponent. Bullet Seed is an awesome attack on things like Drilbur and Tirtouga, and few things can afford to switch in on it, especially with Trick Room up. He has a good typing for a Trick Room setter (better than solosis) and he is one of the best at his job.
At this point in time, I think the other set should probably just be erased with this set taking its place. The current set was only slightly viable early on and even less so now imo. QC opinions?

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
You should probably mention that its numerous weaknesses pose problems for it, to the point where almost every LC Pokemon has something to hit it SE with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)