Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the abilities that make you face higher leveled pokemon in the wild work in the friend safaris? And do the abilities that make you encounter pokemon more easily work in friend safaris?

Do the abilities that make you face higher leveled pokemon in the wild work in the friend safaris? And do the abilities that make you encounter pokemon more easily work in friend safaris?
I wouldn't really bother with anything other than Illuminate in the Friend Safari, since all the Pokemon there are level 30 and Illuminate isn't type specific. (Static attracting Electric, Storm Drain attracting Water, etc.) You can use Encounter Power to help on occasion.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Male cute charm pokemon are also useful, as it increases the likelihood of encountering female pokemon (really good for 12.5% gender ratios, like squirtle), especially for HA females caught in cool pokeballs. Though, if you're just looking for shiny encounters, this is probably less important to you, lol. Though, a shiny 12.5% female, like eevee, might be worth your time.

I heard that it's nearly impossible to rng in X&Y or at least really damn hard to, is this true?
Impossible to RNG in X/Y. Some people consider the time machine method a "fake RNG method", but it's really not anything really close to RNG. There is no real reason to need RNG in X/Y though. Legends have 3 guaranteed perfect ivs, breeding has never been easier than in X/Y. So, while it would be cool to be able to RNG in X/Y (don't think you will ever be able to though), its not the worst thing in the world without it :).

Impossible to RNG in X/Y. Some people consider the time machine method a "fake RNG method", but it's really not anything really close to RNG. There is no real reason to need RNG in X/Y though. Legends have 3 guaranteed perfect ivs, breeding has never been easier than in X/Y. So, while it would be cool to be able to RNG in X/Y (don't think you will ever be able to though), its not the worst thing in the world without it :).
What do you mean by time machine method? I'm sort of a noob when it comes to this stuff.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I heard that it's nearly impossible to rng in X&Y or at least really damn hard to, is this true?
To add to what *Trev* said, I can give you my personal experience SRing for xerneas. I had very specific requirements: I wanted one modest with perfect HP, sp.atk, and speed, with very good IVs in def / sp.def.

I caught pokemon to help me get closer to my desired xern: a modest synchronizer for the nature (fainted at the front of the party), a pokemon with an ability that announces itself at the beginning of the match that had 1 stat point less than xern's max speed (119, I believe), and I had a level 50 pokemon that knew seismic toss to test HP (xern's max HP at the catching level was 201, so if you hit it with 2 seismic tosses (50 damage each) and the damage bar turned yellow (more than 50% damage done to xern), then you knew that HP was imperfect, and I could SR).

If my poke's ability announced first (or if my pokemon moved first), then xern had imperfect speed, and I could SR. If the damage bar turned yellow, xern had imperfect HP, and I could SR. The rest, I had to check by capture. It took me hours of SRing, but I was able to get modest 31/3/22/31/31/31, which is pretty good for a first attempt.

I'm trying to level up my capture O power to lvl 3, it is currently at lvl 2 is it more efficient to give out the lvl 1 or lvl 2 version to get it to lvl 3 easier?

Sorry for all the question's lately but here is another small one. Can you still use the Pal Park to trade Pokemon from Emerald to Diamond if the internal battery of Pokemon Emerald is no longer working? Also you have to wait 24 hours to transfer Pokemon again from Emerald to Diamond so does that still work when the internal battery died?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Sorry for all the question's lately but here is another small one. Can you still use the Pal Park to trade Pokemon from Emerald to Diamond if the internal battery of Pokemon Emerald is no longer working? Also you have to wait 24 hours to transfer Pokemon again from Emerald to Diamond so does that still work when the internal battery died?
The internal battery only affects Berries and Shoal Cave IIRC, only the time based events. The 24 hour waiting period does not exist in HGSS if you can use those (but I know that option is not available to some people). It should work fine even with a dead battery.

EDIT: The 24 hour wait is from the DS, not the GBA cart.

I wouldn't really bother with anything other than Illuminate in the Friend Safari, since all the Pokemon there are level 30 and Illuminate isn't type specific. (Static attracting Electric, Storm Drain attracting Water, etc.) You can use Encounter Power to help on occasion.
Sorry, but Storm Drain does not have an overworld effect. The only beneficial abilities that increase encounter rates that I can think of (for the Friend Safari) are:
  • Arena Trap - Wild encounters increase to 200%.
  • Illuminate - Wild encounters increase to 200%.
  • Magnet Pull - Wild encounters with Steel-type Pokemon increase to 150%.
  • Static - Wild encounters with Electric-type Pokemon increase to 150%.

There are, of course, other beneficial abilities. I only listed the ones that, in some way, affect the encounter rates of Pokemon.
According to both Serebii and Bulbapedia, Storm Drain has no overworld effect (Déjà vu) in any generation.

If I am wrong, then please let me know. I'm not perfect...

Sorry, but Storm Drain does not have an overworld effect. The only beneficial abilities that increase encounter rates that I can think of (for the Friend Safari) are:
  • Arena Trap - Wild encounters increase to 200%.
  • Illuminate - Wild encounters increase to 200%.
  • Magnet Pull - Wild encounters with Steel-type Pokemon increase to 150%.
  • Static - Wild encounters with Electric-type Pokemon increase to 150%.

There are, of course, other beneficial abilities. I only listed the ones that, in some way, affect the encounter rates of Pokemon.
According to both Serebii and Bulbapedia, Storm Drain has no overworld effect (Déjà vu) in any generation.

If I am wrong, then please let me know. I'm not perfect...
Huh. Thought it did. Should have just said Magnet Pull. What I get for going purely off memory...

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Is the HM Cut necessary for finishing XY? I'm doing an Egglocke run and just realised that none of my Pokemon can learn it lol
I personally can't think of any place where it specifically is needed, but I think egglocke rules allow for you to catch an in-game HM slave if it's necessary for completion of the game, so long as you never use the HM slave in battle.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Is the HM Cut necessary for finishing XY? I'm doing an Egglocke run and just realised that none of my Pokemon can learn it lol
The only HMs specifically needed are Surf and Strength. All the others allow access to other items (Cut and Waterfall) and speed up certain sections (Fly). You need Surf to get across the route east of Shalour, and Strength in Victory Road.

I personally can't think of any place where it specifically is needed, but I think egglocke rules allow for you to catch an in-game HM slave if it's necessary for completion of the game, so long as you never use the HM slave in battle.
Well yeah, but I already have a full party of Pokemon, I don't want to give any of them up :p

The only HMs specifically needed are Surf and Strength. All the others allow access to other items (Cut and Waterfall) and speed up certain sections (Fly). You need Surf to get across the route east of Shalour, and Strength in Victory Road.
Ah, thank you. If I end up needing any of those items, I guess I'll just go back post-game.

How exactly does the shiny charm work, like in the games coding?
Like does it give you another TSV or something?

I already collected some pokemon from events a while ago in HGSS etc, I heard that as long as I have the what are they called? Event card things in my pokemon game I can reset my save file after transering them to another generation and go to a pokemart and collect the pokemon again, is this true?

Stupid question, is it possible to RNG on gen 3 games? I have multiple GBA and DSes.

How exactly does the shiny charm work, like in the games coding?
Like does it give you another TSV or something?

I already collected some pokemon from events a while ago in HGSS etc, I heard that as long as I have the what are they called? Event card things in my pokemon game I can reset my save file after transering them to another generation and go to a pokemart and collect the pokemon again, is this true?

Stupid question, is it possible to RNG on gen 3 games? I have multiple GBA and DSes.
It's possible to RNG gen 3 games. But outside of Emerald, the roaming legendary Pokemon will always have craptacular IV's no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)