Project NeverUsed Team Building Competition (Round 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Return
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts / Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up / Thunder Punch

Obviously this is a hazard control core for a hyper offense team, similar to how aegislash and bisharp function in OU. For my hazard stacker I chose Omastar because it's the fastest pokemon to have both stealth rock and spikes. The team features a trapping Probopass so that slurpuff and pawniard won't be disturbed by steelix and ferroseed. I don't have knock off on gurdurr because I don't want to weaken pawniard's knock off.

The Core

For Round 2, we have been given 2 pokemon that, individually, are relatively easy to kill off and overall, not that powerful. However, with the correct support, they function well as a brilliant unit. Also, im seeing a lot of threats and standard stuff on these teams so my team will not have much standard stuff. If anything, ive had more fun with this team rather than my big powerful threatening team on the ladder because of the pure rage enducing factor this team posseses and with it, a certain win condition that allows this team to not only be fun, but effective.

Pawniard- here I am going for a relatively standard pawniard set as there is very little flexibility with its set. Its not fast enough for taunt, has an outclassed pursuit and not the best rock setter either. Therefore for me, a standard swords dance set works as makes the opponent think before defogging away all the hazards you have come to set up.

Mismagius- here comes the first of the relatively trolly sets that i have decided to use on this team. Colbur Berry Destiny Bond Mismagius is a fantastic spin blocker, and doubles up as a nasty threat for this team (no pun intended). It cleans up late game when needed too. The colbur berry basically halves incoming damage from dark-type attacks knock off and allows it to successfully spin block the likes of sandslash. If said sandslash or another spinner decides to stop attacking you for whatever reason, you start Nasty Plotting, in order to force the opponent to attack you. This is where destiny bond comes in so when mismagius is on its final slitehrs of HP, it can take something down with it with destiny bond. Overall, a fantastic set however it does struggle for power.

The team mates

Well we need a hazards right? How about the ever-reliable Qwilfish and Uxie combination! Where we can stack hazards depending on how stally or offensive our opponents team be. Uxie is just a standard specially defensive set with thunder wave so that it isnt set-up fodder with rocks. However, the real mischief starts with Qwilfish as i have chosen a physically defensive destiny bond set. This often means you can set-up a couple layers of hazards whether it be spikes or toxic spikes and take down a threat with it. I find this really effective since sash destiny bond is relatively predictable, and that is bad :S. Really good mon overall and a brilliant lure for destiny bonding unknowledgable opponents.

With Hazards, to put them to the greatest possible effect we have to force switches. In my 2 years of pokemon showdown, ive never seen a set like this that forces more switches (apart from maybe swagpard, but that thing was cray anyway).
The set is Glare Leaf Tornado Substitute Taunt Serperior courtesy of Oofa from the PS NU room. The idea behind this set is to come in and shutdown a poke so that it is forced to switch. If you are unfamiliar with leaf tornado, when it hits it has a 50% chance to lower accuracy by one stage. Suddenly, the opponent needs to be switching otherwise you're just gonna start setting up subs. It honestly caught me out when i played this set, and thank god there was no hazards, i would have lost otherwise :L. It also shuts down stuff that doesnt want to attack courtesy of taunt and glare is just to be an ass to threats that come in. like your not being one already lol

Looking at my team now, we seem weak to fire spam so i go with the ever reliable special tank sliggoo. This thing takes an age to kill and serves a great purpose as it can effectively counter vileplume and fires with little trouble. Rest + 3attacks is one of my favourite sets but you can run sleeptalk +2 attacks to great effect. It reliably walls pokes that this team are weak to, forces switches and is uber cool yo :D.

Overall

plz make people rage on the ladder using this team. I feel like other people in this competition have made more effective teams for winning but no doubt this team is by far the most inventive, most fun, and possibly most revolutionary lol team in this round.
Just saying alot of people are using 2 of the banned pokemon from the list :P

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond
- Nasty Plot

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Glare
- Leaf Tornado

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Muddy Water
- Rest

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

^importable
Happy laddering and make some rage peeps :D

I have a team!

Pawniard: The main reason I delayed for so long. So since I can, I managed to pull off a stealth rock SD set which works very well.

Mismagius: This thing gets a array of status moves to make it good support mon. I came up with a way to annoy things and be good in its job.

Sceptile: At this point, I need some dedicated sweepers. I am using my favorite mon over Shiftry because he has a little more bulk, much faster, and more diverse movepool. I am using a white herb leaf storm set because once Unburden gets up, get on with the sweeping with acrobatics.

Scyther: This is one pokemon I really wanted to try. I came with a technician set do he gets a good thing with his movepool. I ran life orb because a little boost can go to a 6-Mon sweep.

Poliwrath: Going back defensive, this thing can really wall. Set a sub up, use toxic or hypnosis, aka hypnomiss, and the opposing team will run into problems.

Magmortar: I used this over typhlosion because look at the movepool. Hell, go for a mixed set if you want to. If this sweeper only got energy ball, he would wreck. But I went for HP Grass since solar beam leaves me a sitting duck.

And here is the importable
Pawniard @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Mismagius @ BrightPowder
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Sceptile @ White Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Scyther @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack
- Bug Bite

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Hypnosis

Magmortar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Psychic

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, it's time to vote!
Now, remember that this is a competition. Feel free to try to discredit one another with calcs and logic or try to hype your own team.

Here are the teams:
Pawniard @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Mismagius @ BrightPowder
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Sceptile @ White Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Scyther @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack
- Bug Bite

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Hypnosis

Magmortar @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Psychic

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond
- Nasty Plot

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Glare
- Leaf Tornado

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Muddy Water
- Rest

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Return
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts / Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up / Thunder Punch

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Explosion

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Feraligatr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
Happiness: 0
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar

Mismagius @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 176 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Feraligatr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Return
- Waterfall

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 40 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Heal Bell

Slurpuff @ Leftovers
Ability: Sweet Veil
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Play Rough
- Protect
- Toxic

Minaj (Jynx) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss

Nascar (Accelgor) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sticky Hold
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Encore
- Spikes

Chess♙♟️ (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Witchcraft (Mismagius) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Miami (Carracosta) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash

Mt. Fuji (Camerupt) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Look through each team, decide which one you like best, and make sure to Bold who you vote for. Provide a little bit of reasoning as to why you voted for that them. Try not to bandwagon. And no voting for yourself.

You have a week. Go!

Last edited:
HJAD because he legit has Leaf Tornado Serperior and offensive Rest Sliggoo. How can you vote for anything else really?

Soulgazer, because he beat me with his team the very first time he used it. Also Crustle is a beast Spike setter, and Liligant is too underrated.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
HJAD due to reasons already stated by Aladyyn, plus the fact that he's one of the only two people who ran Colbur magius

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Soulgazer. Not only does his team make full use of hazard stacking, he backs it up with a strong offensive core that punishes each other's counters even more and is strong

Soulgazer I like healing wish Mesprit plus it goes well with his team since gatr isn't running lum. speaking of gatr, rindo berry is cool.

HJAD because I have seen many underrated things and he inadvertely found a loophole with evasion clause.

And vote for my team!!!!! Sceptile would only be here until OR/AS comes out!!!!

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Soulgazer

His team is easily the best at applying pressure with an extremely strong offensive core that adds extra versatility to the table with Mesprit's Healing Wish, and is further backed up with entry hazards combined with several measures to prevent hazard removal.

Also I'm not a fucking troll voting for HJAD -______-

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final votes are in:
  1. Soulgazer with 5 votes
  2. HJAD with 4 votes
  3. Volty and Brawlfest tied for 3rd with 1 vote a piece
Congratulations to Soulgazer for winning the second teambuilding competition. He took a core based around hazard control, and played off of that strength. Great thinking on your part. HJAD's team as well does a good job of getting up full hazards, bar Sticky Web, and keeping them up.

As promised, the winner, Soulgazer, and his team will be entered into our Hall of Fame. However, he's already a moderator on the Pokemon Showdown! room. So, that prize will be kept in store for whoever wins Round 3. And our third core is...
Magmortar and Electivire
upload_2014-8-5_10-24-11.png

Previously, you could only use two of these five Pokemon on a team: Feraligatr, Shiftry, Spiritomb, Vileplume, and Slurpuff. Now:
You may only use one of these five Pokemon on a team: Vileplume, Feraligatr, Combusken, Seismitoad, and Slurpuff. Choose wisely.

Other than that, the same rules as before apply now.

You will have approximately the same amount of time as you did before. I wish you all happy teambuilding. Good luck in Round 3.

Last edited:
Previously, you could only use two of these five Pokemon on a team: Feraligatr, Shiftry, Spiritomb, Vileplume, and Slurpuff. We are now going to add Vileplume and Slurpuff to that list and say that you're only allowed to use two. That leaves the rule looking like this:
You may only use one of these five Pokemon on a team: Vileplume, Feraligatr, Combusken, Seismitoad, and Slurpuff. Choose wisely.
Can you reword this? It's really confusing, especially since we apparently added Vileplume which was already on the list?

First.

Magmortar: Magmortar is blessed with a 125 Special Attack base stat, and can use it very well. The set I used was a Specs set.

Marowak: I need a wall, so him. And him able to take a +2 iron fist ice punch from a Golurk justified its spot. The set I used was a Defensive Stealth Rock set.

Electivire: Like Magmortar, Electivire gains a obscure attack and the movepool to use it well. The set I used was a Banded set.

Sceptile: I begin to notice a weakness to ground now. This sweeper can kill them nice and bleeding and checking feraligatr. The set I used was a White Herb Leaf Storm set with no special investment.

Sawk: I hate walls. Sawk eats them for breakfast. The set I used was a Life Orb set.

Drifblim: Hazards will be piercing holes on my team. So my set is a Defog + 3 moves.

Vote my team! #Teamrainbow

Importable
Magmortar @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Marowak @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Electivire @ Choice Band
Ability: Motor Drive
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Return

Sceptile @ White Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 4 SpD
Serious Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Sawk @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Knock Off

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Psychic

The first thing you need to know is that the e-vire has an Assault Vest please don't hurt me.

The idea is to lead with banded Klinklang, who can OHKO common leads such as Crustle and Archeops with gear grind which bypasses sash/sturdy, thus halting a team's opportunity to set up hazard support. Gear rind will leave a sizeable dent in any poke that doesn't resist, while wild charge can be used to eliminate any waters. It also has shift gear for the situation where you get knocked off, but volt switch can be run instead.

Pelipper deals nicely with physical mons that can't hit it for SE damage, while also providing Defog support.

If you can predict an electric attack coming Pelipper's way you can switch to E-Vire for a free speed boost, and then E-Vire can set up with PuP, while tanking any non-SE special attacks that come his way thanks to the AV. Wild charge is his STAB move of choice, while EQ and Frustration allow decent coverage.

SwDragalge eats up special attacks all day long thanks to its great SpD stat and AV (BT eat ya heart out), and can hit back hard with sludge wave or draco meteor.

Leafeon helps alleviate the ground weakness in the team, while also countering Gatr nicely. It can also set up and do lots of damage in its own right with SD, leaf blade and knock off. The 4th slot can be occupied by heal bell or synthesis, I found heal bell to be more helpful on the whole as my team attracts a lot of will-o-wisp.

Last but not least we have Magmortar, who has Belly Drum. He can set up on a surprising amount of things thanks to his reasonable Sp.Def stat (best example is Plume who will switch out anyway), get a speed boost with flame charge and hopefully sweep with EQ and mach punch (which is also helpful for killing stuff that has SP, especially pawniard).

Obviously not the best team ever, but is very fun to play with. It is importable below:

Electivire @ Assault Vest
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch
- Wild Charge
- Frustration

Magmortar @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Flame Charge
- Mach Punch

Dragalge @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Surf
- Focus Blast

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Scald

Klinklang @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Frustration

also dragalge y your sprite so big man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)