350 Cup

I know I'm double posting but w/e.
Skrelp deserves mentioning. Resisting all but Rock Slide from Darumaka, Skrelp is a full counter to Darumaka, provided Sun is not up (If running Skrelp, btw, I'd recommend a Rain Team. Hell rain if you're not running Darumaka cause you're so hipster like me).
252+ Atk Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skrelp: 131-154 (32.4 - 38.1%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.
Meanwhile, Scald is a 2HKO and Hydro Pump is 75% to OHKO.
252+ Atk Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skrelp in Sun: 196-231 (48.5 - 57.1%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.
Sun Hurts, but Skrelp will 3HKO back, no matter what.
252+ Atk Hustle Darumaka Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skrelp: 110-130 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Rock Slide is Darumaka's best choice in rain, Flare Blitz manages a paltry possible 7HKO in rain. Both Scald and Hydro Pump net a OHKO (w/rocks).

Here's what I'm planning whenever I build a team:
Skrelp @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
Bold (+Def, -Att)
252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpA
-Scald
-Sludge Wave
-Toxic Spikes / Toxic
-Rain Dance / Hydro Pump / Thunderbolt

Zorua :
80/130/80/160/80/130

Not as scary as other sweepers, but it can create some mindgames with Illusion. Its movepool holds it back, sadly.

If you want a Sand team, Hippopotas has a crazy bulk now (along a good 144 base Atk).

Delibird and Luvdisc can now... alright, nevermind. Swift Swim on something with 194 base Speed looks even more ridiculous than before.

Meditite:
60/80/110/80/110/120

While Meditite has low HP stat for this metagame, it has nice 110/110 defences which make it more bulky than before and give ability to take a hit. But the most notable parts are 80 Attack stat which becomes effective 209 Attack stat after Pure Power (1 point lower than Krabby's) and relatively good 120 Speed stat which allows it to outspeed some Ubers (not the LC threats though). You can consider it as buffed version of Mega Medicham since latter can't hold items and Meditite is faster, bulkier and can be great revenge killer with Choice Scarf (or just be even more powerful with Choice Band or Life Orb).

Will Inkay still be completely unviable? It now has decent 106/108/106/74/92/90 stats, and Contrary Superpower.

Smeargle is just too strong, its base 150 speed is almost like Prankster, and it has decent defenses and an unrivaled support movepool.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I think in my first post, I thoroughly underrated the power of stacking defensive stats. Since HP and defense stack, there are some bulky beasts in this meta. Here are a few off the top of my head that have really good niches and are terribly good:

Spritzee:
156 104 120 126 130 46
This thing....just wow. In my first battle I had to go up against it but had the thankful pleasure of using one, and thank god. 156/120 physical bulk is just unrivaled, its got more physical bulk than Giratina-N, and a much better typing. Fully invested it can eat up even boosted attacks, and make Darumaka pay:
252 Atk Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 145-172 (28.1 - 33.3%) -- 92% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
There is your standard scarf set...and Spritzee may not even be 4hko'd.
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 238-282 (46.1 - 54.6%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Just for fun, even adamant band Darumaka usually won't 2hko. That is INSANE bulk. Meanwhile, it still retains a very high amount of special bulk with a great typing for a pokemon with such high bulk (lack of weaknesses). Here is the calm mind set I used, that also provides team support, but this could be well modified into a crozee set:
Spritzee @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Spritzee provides great team support, passing huge wishes from its base 156 HP, healing status from the team and itself, and walling darumaka while still retaining the ability to hit very hard after a couple calm minds. Its not groundbreaking, but 126 Spa is nothing to scoff at, and this thing doesn't even need to run a resttalk set due to aromatherapy. Aroma veil also protects it from moves such as encore and taunt, which make it even better. I am planning on making a really good crozee set soon...It would probably be almost the same as this since it can protect itself from everything. Despite some of the great walls that will be available in this meta, crozee could be used as a great stallbreaker; once it sets up its impossible to wall, and it can eliminate status against it and be protected from taunt and the like.

Just for fun: 252+ Atk Choice Band Cranidos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Spritzee: 249-294 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Bronzor:
114 48 172 48 172 46
Thanks to Adrian Marin for showing me this yesterday. Yes, I know it can't hit. No, I don't care. Bronzor is a really sturdy mixed wall with EXTREME walling capabilities with its gargantuan defenses alone. If you need to beat Darumaka, the heatproof set is very usable, especially with the lack of pre-evos getting earthquake. A physically defensive heatproof set isin't even 4hko'd by Darumaka, an amazing feat in itself.
252 Atk Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatproof Bronzor: 114-134 (26.3 - 31%) -- 5.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Alternatively, you could pair it with Spritzee and run a specially defensive set to completely wall stuff like Abra. Even modest specs Abra struggles to 2hko:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Abra Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzor: 202-238 (46.7 - 55%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
and the standard sets even more so. How you do damage is up to you, but Bronzor could be used for team support, as it gets reflect, light screen, stealth rock, all that shiz. Gyro ball does allow it to beat Abra, every set of Abra is 2hko'd by gyro ball due to its absolute shit physical bulk. Gastly is the only thing that breaks this core off the top of my head, having super effective coverage for both pokes.
252 SpA Life Orb Gastly Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzor: 229-273 (53 - 63.1%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Gastly Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Spritzee: 424-502 (82.1 - 97.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Other than that, This is an amazing defensive core. Personally I would use it as support in a defensive core, and make it into a balanced offense team. I think I thoroughly over-exaggerated when I said this meta would be only offensive.

Just my two cents of some good Pokémon here...

Ferroseed: 88 / 100 / 182 / 48 / 172 / 20 (610 BST)
Still very slow for Gyro Ball, but very good defenses here (a shame it's 4x weak to Fire) for a supporting set. And Ferroseed has a higher attack than Ferrothorn but no Power Whip (use Seed Bomb instead) or Bulldoze.

Swirlix: 124 / 96 / 132 / 118 / 114 / 98 (682 BST)
Bulkier than Poliwag (another Belly Drummer) but it can be even faster with Unburden + Sitrus Berry (Poliwag has 180 base Speed).

Clamperl: 70 / 128 / 170 / 148 / 110 / 64 (690 BST)
One of the best special Shell Smashers in the meta. Other good Shell Smashers are Shellder (Skill Link), Binacle (Tough Claws) and Dwebble (EdgeQuake + Sturdy).

xJownage

Ferroseed is probably outclassed by bronzor in terms of a wall due to ferroseed having that fire weakness, but it has a MUCH more powerful gyro ball that will hit very hard against the many frail pokes in this meta.

Swirlix looks like fun, and unburden could make it really good. Its got nice bulk to allow it to belly drum against faster threats as well.

Clamperl is a decent idea, but its a bit slow. Stuff like abra, gastly, scarf darmanitan, etc. together can probably beat it. Could put a good size hole in teams though, looks decent.

I forgot to mention pawniard, which is very hard to revenge kill, can rip apart common teams at +2 due to sucker punch and dark/steel coverage. If it gets an SD up freely, it would be very hard to beat.

I am probably going to be on the server all afternoon, hit me up for a battle. :)

Edit: #1 on da ladder bish: http://prntscr.com/45yv4n

Last edited:
Yeah, screw Pawniard. xJownage was killing me with it, has very few checks and so far I can't figure out a counter. I have a few checks, but I'll keep those to myself.

Anyways, hyping Mankey. With a Choice Band and defiant, it partners great with anything that sets hazards.
Close Combat, U-Turn, Earthquake, COverage works very well. I'll post more later.

xJownage

Alright I am now number juan on the ladder. So...me and the guy above tested stuff for a couple hours and determined a few things. First my team:
Spritzee @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

This is an amazing physical wall, capable of switching in to Darumaka, which is no small feat. Its massive bulk allows it to take even boosted attacks from many threats, in fact pretty much everything except Pawniard. This thing has amazing bulk to run a calm mind set, that sweeps many teams that can't beat it (and most can't).

Ferroseed @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed

My Gyro ball abuser. Earlier I said that it was kind of outclassed by bronzor, but i was wrong. Bronzor is too weak to Gastly (see below) and Ferroseed has a gyro ball that hits VERY hard for a wall, unlike bronzor. Ferroseed is so slow (46 in battle, i believe) that its gyro balls almost always have near max power, and it basically makes it a stab base 140-ish power move. Can beat the spritzee set above in most situations too if it switches in.

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Quit using Abra. This guy is FAR better. This thing rips through common stall cores, and bulky sweepers always will fall to destiny bond. Its coverage is great, and this in general is a pokemon with few real switches. I will post more about it outside this.

Carvanha @ Choice Band
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Destiny Bond

Another great emergency destiny bonder, and a good sweeper due to speed boost. With a choice band this thing reaches 756 attack, an astonishing amount. It also has good speed, and in 1 turn can outspeed pretty much anything the meta has to offer, including deo-s. The moveset is simple and efficient, although variants using return can often clean more easily, it also needs more damage. Tread lightly, however, as carvanha has no bulk at all.

Darumaka @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Everybody is using scarf darumaka and is like "OMGOMGOMG" but here is the banded version. Welcome to wallbreak city. Remember that thing, koffing, that had 80/190 defense? its soundly 2hko'd, taking about 75%. What about spritzee? takes 75% as well. Maybe vulnerable to revenge killing, but darumaka tends to force switches in this meta, and its sheer power makes ridiculous walls common, and this set having even more power can break those easily.

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

This beast. The sweeper himself, this thing is bisharp with 120 speed on steroids. Literally. Base 170 means at +2 even the bulkiest of physical walls easily fall to its high powered attacks. More frail fighting types are even killed by sucker punch, and anything besides arceus or scraggy without a higher speed tier is still OHKOd by iron head. There is really no good way to deal with this thing, if you don't have something that can live and ohko back it is GG.

So yeah, after lots of testing, we see some things very quickly.

Gastly outclasses abra. By a lot. The cores I have mentioned like spritzee + bronzor or spritzee + ferroseed or whatever are just obliterated by this thing. Shadow ball / sludge wave rips apart many possible stall cores, and dazzling gleam gives you perfect coverage. This can even carry destiny bond with its base 180 speed, and use that to take out something that the rest of the team can't. It is a stallbreaker, emergency sweep-stopper, and revenge killer all in one.

Pawniard is just OP as fuck. Any team without a fighting type is going down. By the way, people have said how psycho cut can allow it to beat fighting types, but some things outspeed, and most good checks like arceus-fighting are able to just beat psycho cut outright. Iron head only does 20 less damage than super effective psycho cut anyways, and scraggy can be used as a check as well, which doesn't take any damage from psycho cut at all. Life orb is great on this thing and allows it to beat stuff it shouldn't be able to. It can't quite OHKO spritzee, but it is close, and it Destroys everything else by ripping it to shreds.

I also didn't mention scraggy, despite the fairy weakness it is VERY good. Scraggy has a physical bulk that is just amazing with its typing. It also has great abilities (dont use intimidate cuz defiant pawn) like moxie and its bulk just allows it to be a very good bulky pokemon.

Choice band darumaka all the way for me.

Also I didn't mention it, but Trex used a scarf vibrava that he said was really good. I can't really argue, it was very threatening with u-turn, earthquake, superpower, and coverage that make it great as a scarfer. It was very good for him, and i plan on testing it soon.

For the record, sash nasty plot zorua is fun as a lead. Sure its coverage is shit but it is very usable to take some quick chunks out of an opponents team without them being ready, especially if they use rocks or a screen first turn.

If you make a council I would like to join, as there need to be bans made, although we need to have a group for bans at some point.​

This is a terrific metagame, but unfortunately nobody on Pandora actually wants to play it. So I end up waiting 30 minutes while I still can't find a battle.

Does the eviolite ban only apply to Pokemon who get their stats doubled or does it apply to every Pokemon in the tier?

Having eviolite banned on everything seems like an unnecessary nerf to an otherwise unaffected Chansey, who would really be a welcome addition to stall in this tier.

EDIT: Stunky sounds like a really strong counter to Gastly and Abra, abusing pursuit and sucker punch mindgames.

252+ SpA Life Orb Abra Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Stunky: 147-174 (32.2 - 38.1%) -- 96.6% chance to 3HKO
4 Atk Stunky Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abra: 260-308 (107.8 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (This is if it stays in, btw)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gastly Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Stunky: 164-193 (35.9 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Stunky Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gastly: 162-192 (62 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Stunky Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gastly: 320-378 (122.6 - 144.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Did I mention it had base 148 speed and defog to support the team too?

Last edited:
Now that I have time, here are some more complete thoughts.

First off, if anything needs a quickban, it is most certainly Pawniard. I haven't found a single thing (though I need to look into some stuff) that isn't 2HKOed by either Sucker Punch or Iron Head. Scraggy is your best option. But Scraggy is destroyed by Spritzee.

Second, this Meta is dominated by Fighting types (as a result of Pawniard). It seems the best way to win is by killing their Pawniard and Spritzee before you lose yours. On to some pokes.

As xJownage mentioned, I used a scarf Vibrava. I'm sold on it as being the single best scarfer in the tier. It beats Pawniard at 0 (loses to +2, but what doesn't?) and KOs back. Doesn't do anything to Spritzee either, but w/e, it's a scarfer, used for momentum and revenging things not named Pawniard.

Another great defiant user is LO Mankey. If it can get a +2 (defog, sticky web, etc.) it shits all over things. It makes a great pair for Pawniard, too; it has more speed and a great movepool (though it lacks priority). It 2HKOs Spritzee (OHKO if +2 and rocks). Pawniard still beats it, however.

Here's a thing:
Swablu @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Att)
252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spd
-Roost
-Defog
-Dazzling Gleam / Steel Wing
-Cotton Guard / Haze

Idk I'm theorymonning, it beats Pawn 1v1.

So yeah. Pawn is bestmeta.

Edit:
Cottonee beats both Pawn and Spritzee.
Cottonee @ Choice Scarf / Flame Orb / Focus Sash / Something Else
Careful (+Spd / -Att)
Prankster
-Switcheroo / Taunt / Encore
-Leech Seed / Taunt / Encore
-Worry Seed / Taunt / Encore
-Memento / Taunt / Encore

Choice Scarf cripples Sprtizee more than Pawn, vice versa for Flame Orb. It can beat Pawn, too, if it used Swords Dance / Sucker Punch. Encore + Worry Seed + Memento basically guarantees something has an easy switch-in for you.

Last edited:
Replay or whatevs against Adrian Marin. Random sun team, seems to be pretty good with 3 viable setters in this Meta (Rain has 1).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pandora-350cup-890742
Charizard-Y actually seems more potent in this meta, with its most reliable counter (Chansey) being ineffective. A lot of threats take a big damage from its Fire Blasts. Its most reliable counters seem to be Kyogre and Spdef Hippopotas.

Here's a team i've been using:

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpA / 60 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Vibrava @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Spritzee @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Foongus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Knot
- Foul Play

Arceus @ Fist Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Slowpoke @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: NaN Spe
- Scald
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Frustration
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Arceus-Fighting walls Pawniard.
  • Slowpoke walls Darumaka and other physical attackers like Rhyhorn.
  • Foonguss walls Kyogre, Xerneas and Calm Mind Spritzee.
  • Spritzee walls almost everything.
  • Yveltal serves as an extremely effective check against Abra and Gastly.
  • Vibrava is very powerful, gives momentum, checks threats, revenge kills and serves as an excellent cleaner late-game

EDIT: Another funny thing I noticed is that Goomy and Goodra have exactly the same stats. This means Gamefreak intended to make Goomy have exactly half the stats of Goodra.

Last edited:
Okay, now we potentially ban 3 or of the more broken pokemon, Spritzee, Darumaka, or Pawniard.
If you put in your opinion on what to ban, you must give reasons, or I will ask The Eevee General to delete your post.
Okay, gogogo

EV

Banned deucer.
Charizard-Y actually seems more potent in this meta, with its most reliable counter (Chansey) being ineffective. A lot of threats take a big damage from its Fire Blasts. Its most reliable counters seem to be Kyogre and Spdef Hippopotas.

(team)
I think Adrian's got the right idea about this meta. Don't forgot about the actual Ubers still around, who may compete stat-wise with all the NFEs, but might still have better movepools or unique typing that makes them important checks and threats. Arceus is still Arceus, for example. Kyogre is still doing its thing, too. I think to excel in this meta you have to have the right blend.

I think Adrian's got the right idea about this meta. Don't forgot about the actual Ubers still around, who may compete stat-wise with all the NFEs, but might still have better movepools or unique typing that makes them important checks and threats. Arceus is still Arceus, for example. Kyogre is still doing its thing, too. I think to excel in this meta you have to have the right blend.
Oh, definitely. I think, at the moment, everone is getting excited over the boosted pokemon, and their shiny new stats.
In a different subject, Shroomish, Marill and Mega Gengar are awesome -
http://pandora.psim.us/battle-350cup-891405
Shroomish can weaken teams with it's subseeding antics, megagar can trap opposing stall members, and Marill has amazing defensive typing, and stats to back it up.

xJownage

So, for the record, there should be a council for bans beyond this.

Pawniard: Ban to Hell
I like it since i play HO, but this thing is reliably broken. It means a fighting type with good bulk and speed higher than 120 is almost required on every team just because of it. Its power is unrivaled as a sweeper, its much more powerful than bisharp AND has a better bulk along with base 120 speed. Pawniard is extremely overcentralizing and anybody who can trapkill the opponents fighting type can easily bring in Pawniard and make quick work of any team.

Darumaka: Ban
Hustle choice band is actually better than scarf, and with a jolly nature has an astronomical attack stat of 1033. It ends up with 100 Speed as well, and jolly allows it to have a very good 328 speed. Its u-turn can 2hko pokes, for an example of how overcentralizing it is. Heatproof bronzor is literally the only thing not 2hkod by something, and it even takes 25ish from u-turn. Maybe giratina, but its nearly 2hkod by rock slide anyways and isint all that good to begin with. There is no way it can stay in this meta.

Spritzee: Abstain/Will vote later
This is the balance pokemon. Its very good and is a great cleric in every way. The reason i am leaning toward no ban is that it is just as good for both playstyles as it is bad. Its amazing and bad for stall. It is absolutely sensational in a calm mind set. This thing is a stallbreaker and wall all in one. It beats stall because the only way to stop it is trick. It cant be taunted/encored, and can heal status. It is just as much of a boon for stall as it is a benefit since it completely sweeps full stall. This means its just as restricting as it is helping diversity, as it helps offensive teams beat stall while giving stall teams an amazing cleric they need. Therefore I hesitate to ban a pokemon that is actually healthy for the meta.

xJownage

Not really a large enough meta to have a council, but this isn't straight up voting. I'm going to be looking at everyone's arguments, and decide myself
I guess that could work, but my hope is that we get more people in this. I know many people have tried it or wanted to but the fact that its on pandora shyed them away. Would love to get this on a different OM server. Getting this on Frost or something would be the first idea there.

Either way, you should appoint at least somebody else to make an equal decision with you. It puts a lot of pressure on you and any competitive bias can make problems with the development of the meta. Having somebody who knows what they are talking about and is testing a lot can help balance out possible issues that we could have with one person banning.
This shouldn't be a problem with this suspect, as daru and pawn are obvious bans. Spritzee needs a lot of justification to be banned or to stay to be honest.
Having like 3 people would be perfect. Have 2 be the main leaders, and if they disagree and can't come to a conclusion the third person can come in and sway the decision. I've seen this used for relatively small groups in much higher importance environments, and it has worked extremely well.

No matter what you decide, I don't think that having only 1 person make entire decisions for the meta beyond the relatively easy ones now will be completely healthy.

Darumaka: Ban

When banded, this thing is straight up retarded. The closest thing this even has to a counter is slowpoke, and that takes up to 60% from U-Turn. To even take on Darumaka, you need a fully invested resist, as sheer bulk is not enough. For example:
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Darumaka Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 393-463 (88.5 - 104.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

This problem is just augmented by sun, which pushes its flare blitzes to the point where they can 2HKO Slowpoke, a Pokemon with 180/130/80 defences and a resistance to Flare Blitz. If that doesn't scream ban I don't know what does.

Pawniard: Ban

Without Defiant I'd be inclined to say it wouldn't be broken, but Defiant just throws it over the edge. Smeargle + Pawniard + Gastly/Giratina is absolutely disgusting since defogging Smeargle's hazards just lands you into a world of pain. While not what makes it broken, Pawniard on its own is pretty threatning since very few things resist both of its STABs and even counters can lose if they get flinched to death by Iron Head.

Spritzee: Do not ban

I'm not really sold on the CM set since wish recovery is unreliable, though I will admit it's defensive (protect) set is notoriously hard to kill. I'm on the fence about it, though at the moment I don't think its as starightforwardly broken as the other two and maybe we should wait before considering to ban it.

I guess that could work, but my hope is that we get more people in this. I know many people have tried it or wanted to but the fact that its on pandora shyed them away. Would love to get this on a different OM server. Getting this on Frost or something would be the first idea there.

Either way, you should appoint at least somebody else to make an equal decision with you. It puts a lot of pressure on you and any competitive bias can make problems with the development of the meta. Having somebody who knows what they are talking about and is testing a lot can help balance out possible issues that we could have with one person banning.
This shouldn't be a problem with this suspect, as daru and pawn are obvious bans. Spritzee needs a lot of justification to be banned or to stay to be honest.
Having like 3 people would be perfect. Have 2 be the main leaders, and if they disagree and can't come to a conclusion the third person can come in and sway the decision. I've seen this used for relatively small groups in much higher importance environments, and it has worked extremely well.

No matter what you decide, I don't think that having only 1 person make entire decisions for the meta beyond the relatively easy ones now will be completely healthy.
That's a really good idea. I have someone who I would consider for that (not you, sorry - you're too biased as you play HO.)

xJownage

That's a really good idea. I have someone who I would consider for that (not you, sorry - you're too biased as you play HO.)
Just because I am HO doesn't mean I am bias. I do make a strong effort not to be bias, actually, and I watch a lot of battles mostly to determine a lot of possible decisions for stuff like this. I actually don't care that I wouldn't be that person though, I just wanted to put the fact that I am usually non-bias out there.
And if the playerbase gets a lot bigger (say-us getting on sapphire or getting OMOTM (which won't happen anytime soon)) be sure you are ready to increase the size of the "advisors" accordingly. We are not even close to getting there yet however.

Also i looked at the first post and title and saw the inevitable:

Darumaka and Pawniard are now BANNED from 350 Cup

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)