Hackmons XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just to give me a surefire way of beating Sturdinja and it was the highest BST Rock-type which doesn't require Multitype, so I just gave it Sand Stream and Knock Off.
That the thing not many if any rock types are viable in hackmons simply because of the weakness to mm2x and arrows being crucial. Also most of them have really bad special defense and while you run sandstorm for that you also hurt your other mons with it. Also remember that there is no more permaweather which makes sand a hella less viable. Also pretty much all shedinjas on the higher ladder are safety goggles. I think

Deoxys-Speed@Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248/252/252/252/252/252 (+Spe, -Atk)
-Sheer Cold
-Inferno
-Aromatherapy (I was weak to status with no aroma)
-Dynamic Punch
Inferno kills the Mega Scizor and Genesect everywhere. Dynamic kills Arcei. Aroma is only used on phazing (revenge killing that encourages the opponent to switch). I got rid of Zap Cannon because Gyara is not as common anymore and Kyurem handles it well.
The thing with that Deoxys-S moveset is that it fails to do anything against basically any wg not named Arceus (Mega-Scizor always runs powder, don't know about genesect but it's very rare from what I know)
Instead I'll rather use a moveset that can actually beat the vast majority of Wonder Guarders no matter what. For example Sheer Cold/Hypnosis/Substitute/Gastro Acid. Set up a sub, from there not even Magic Coat Wonder Guards will stop you, as Hypnosis has more PP. If SR is up your opponent can't switch beetween Wonder Guards forever. I believe it should be possible to find a better spot for aromatherapy on your team.

That the thing not many if any rock types are viable in hackmons simply because of the weakness to mm2x and arrows being crucial. Also most of them have really bad special defense and while you run sandstorm for that you also hurt your other mons with it. Also remember that there is no more permaweather which makes sand a hella less viable. Also pretty much all shedinjas on the higher ladder are safety goggles. I think
Sorry for double post, but when it comes to shedinja the only item imo that is really viable on high ladder, is lum berry. This is because the only reason you would run Shedinja on a serious team, over something like Wonder Guard, is because of its ability to switch in on Huge Power Mega-Mewtwo-X without fearing a super effective move. Lum berry allows it to take on variants using sacred fire.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Sorry for double post, but when it comes to shedinja the only item imo that is really viable on high ladder, is lum berry. This is because the only reason you would run Shedinja on a serious team, over something like Wonder Guard, is because of its ability to switch in on Huge Power Mega-Mewtwo-X without fearing a super effective move. Lum berry allows it to take on variants using sacred fire.
shedinja isn't viable on the high ladder

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-120214785

oh wait

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
yeah, switched user to Groudon. Also, what do you folks think of Wonder Guard Mega Banette? Its worked ok for me so far, and a Steel move might work really well with it. Just beware Knock Off.
Also, I fought "yu ara gay~" and won. They were #9. Here's the video. I played like an idiot but got kinda lucky. XD See the ladder.
Additionally, there's the possibility of Sticky Web out, then Shadow Tag Gira-A. It's more defensive and can outspeed a wide variety of things that are at -1.

Last edited:

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
yeah, switched user to Groudon. Also, what do you folks think of Wonder Guard Mega Banette? Its worked ok for me so far, and a Steel move might work really well with it. Just beware Knock Off.
Also, I fought "yu ara gay~" and won. Here's the video. I played like an idiot but got kinda lucky. XD See the ladder.
Additionally, there's the possibility of Sticky Web out, then Shadow Tag Gira-A. It's more defensive and can outspeed a wide variety of things that are at -1.
BALANCE YOUR HP!!!!!!!!!!!!

otherwise, great battle. i'll definately have to rewatch the battle, there were a few interesting gimmicks / sets that i need to look further into. A LOT of hax and predictions though XD

lol sheer cold REALLY cuts through his team. the inferno - scizor predict was nice, brought down to kill range with the burn. Also 1 WG. He decided to run both a prankster and a perish song user (or perish / huge power ) so that didn't help much.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Yeah, I was wondering why Kyurem wasn't doing too well, and I finally found out I forgot to EV him. :v4:XD Anyway, my other accounts besides Glitch Victim are Lucario-Frost, Lucario-Wash and Lucario-Mow. I won't register them so you're free to use them as you wish. HP balanced (you mean 248 ev's right?)
You're talking to the person who used to use Moody Kyurem. No kidding.

Last edited:

berry

what kind
yes, that's how to balance your HP. You might also want to minimize the physical attack of a pokemon if they're a special attacker, just in case the opposing pokemon uses foul play. usually put a minus nature, 0 EVs, and 0 IVs.

im hoping primal kyogre and groudon have special version of drizzle and drought that make them permanent. weather in hackmons again would be fun, not that it isnt rn, but permanent would make it a slightly better team

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Hi folks! Sorry I've been gone; I just went on a 2 week vacation. Anyway, I just made another team with 3 Arcei. The first one is Wonder Guard, another Magic Bounce and a third legal Ghost (Multitype-Spooky Plate-Judgment). It's an easy way to kill Gengar/Mewtwo with their dumb Fighting moves.. I also came up with WG Mega Char X (or Reshiram) and I don't foresee much of a problem besides that of Thousand Arrows. Add Absol and Giratina from my other team and you've got quite a force! P.S. Who else wants to get Pokemon Art Academy?

Honestly Magic Bounce Arceus with support moves is outclassed by Venusaur-Mega, Aggron-Mega/Registeel, or Giratina, depending on which fits into your team well. They have better defensive stats and can run a better support moveset than Arceus. Also, your team seems to have quite a Fighting weakness (two of your three wonder guarders are weak to it).

CharX/Reshiram are outclassed by Mega Manectric in my opinion, having more weaknesses and less speed.

Hey guys? Look at this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3489849/page-72#post-5673533 For those who don't want to read it, it means no more slapping 252 EVs in every stat as it is impossible to do so in game. And yes, this will apply to pure hackmons. Get ready to tear apart your teams, because the meta is now going to completely change. No more super bulky sweepers, no more walls that can actually attack, and no more frail Pokemon actually being able to take a hit.

This will make or break a lot if Pokemon. This will cause some top threats to be unviable, and some formerly unviable Pokemon to become top threats. I'm not sure if I like these changes or not, but I'm interested to see how much this changes the meta.

Hey guys? Look at this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3489849/page-72#post-5673533 For those who don't want to read it, it means no more slapping 252 EVs in every stat as it is impossible to do so in game. And yes, this will apply to pure hackmons. Get ready to tear apart your teams, because the meta is now going to completely change. No more super bulky sweepers, no more walls that can actually attack, and no more frail Pokemon actually being able to take a hit.

This will make or break a lot if Pokemon. This will cause some top threats to be unviable, and some formerly unviable Pokemon to become top threats. I'm not sure if I like these changes or not, but I'm interested to see how much this changes the meta.
The purpouse of this change is to make the simulator as accurate as it can be. That means Team Preview should be implemented as well, since you cannot battle vs another human without Team Preview on cart...

The purpouse of this change is to make the simulator as accurate as it can be. That means Team Preview should be implemented as well, since you cannot battle vs another human without Team Preview on cart...
Yeah, I think V4Victini plans on implementing that as well.

berry

what kind

Rip me playing pure hacks

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
stop saying rip ffs -_- just wait to see how the meta will evolve. Also we are getting team preview cause people complained directly about that ev limit let's not do the same mistake and get another annoying thing imo

Man, these new changes will surely have a massive impact on the metagame, and I am not convinced it is in a positive way. I am expecting the new metagame to be much more offensively based than before, more centralized around Huge Power Mega-Mewtwo-X and Mold Breaker Mega-Gengar (and other Mold Breakers) than it already was, seeing as defensive checks have to chose wether to be physical or special, giving offensive mons even more firepower. Offensive checks are more relevant than defensive counters. After taking a look at the damage calc here are a couple of things I notice so far:
-Mega-Gengar now 2HKO'es Yveltal, the closest thing to a counter, with a shell smash boosted Ghost Judgment or Secret Sword
-However, jolly Gale Wings Yveltal can now OHKO Mega Mewtwo-x and Mega-Gengar after Shell Smash with Brave Bird, without a boosting item.
-Slaking can now OHKO Imposter Blissey with a +6 Extremespeed.
-Xerneas can no longer live a +2 Ghost Judgment from moldgar if it's not specially defensive.
-Huge Power Mega-Mewtwo-X no longer needs life orb to OHKO Mega-Gengar with Shadow Sneak

I'm not entirely sure how team preview will affect the metagame, but common pokemon with unexpected ability choices may become more effective, like Wonder Guard Mega-Mewtwo-X and random no guards. Having more than one of a certain poke won't be as effective anymore, as the opponent gets that information from the start.

Anyway, here's a pretty cool set I've been using for a while, it's actually better with the new changes:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Diamond Storm
- U-turn
- Trick/Close Combat

It seems bad on paper, but it is incredibly effective and 2HKOes the entire meta. Designed to outspeed and kill Mega Mewtwo-x while forcing a kill almost everytime it comes in. It's dual stab alone is pretty much enough, the rest are filler moves; Close Combat allows it to deal with physically defensive arceus and dialga.
With the new EV system it takes advantage on defensive walls being weaker, and is disguised as a perish trapper in team preview.
Calcs for reference:
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 255-301 (63.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas: 247-292 (54.1 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Aerodactyl Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 212-250 (61.6 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 189-223 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 212-250 (42 - 49.6%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)