Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I was able to get it after some tinkering. Note to people who want to modify showdown: use tabs rather than spaces.
Unfortunately my computer didn't allow tabs to be put in the Smogon forums reply bar, so that's why I used spaces. I stated if necessary you could modify the indents, though.

So... I'm new here and PS is being annoying and giving this message every time i create a name:
"You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted."
I'm on mobile and am trying to use the app and the website. Can someone help me? I have no other way to get my POKEMON FIX.

So... I'm new here and PS is being annoying and giving this message every time i create a name:
"You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted."
I'm on mobile and am trying to use the app and the website. Can someone help me? I have no other way to get my POKEMON FIX.
That message appears when the client disconnects from the server, this can happen if you have a slow or unstable Internet connection. Probably that is the problem.
Try to use the mobile phone near the router in order to get more wi-fi signal or you can use a computer, because some mobiles are too slow for running Pokemon showdown.

Has anyone found a nice way to keep teams in sync between multiple computers automatically? (I'm aware I can do things like export and then c+p the team to a text file and put that in dropbox and then import on the other computer, I'm already doing that. But I'm looking for a way for it to happen automatically.)

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It hasn't happened as of now

I can't say whether or not it will ever be implemented. I doubt it would be before Smogon and PS accounts are linked (provided that happens)

It hasn't happened as of now

I can't say whether or not it will ever be implemented. I doubt it would be before Smogon and PS accounts are linked (provided that happens)
I was thinking more along the lines of a separate app or something. Maybe something that would sync those portions of the cache that store the teams.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
he literally linked you the source for the front AND back end, you can clearly see they are both javascript

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Something I've never really understood: why can Xerneas's and Yveltal's shiny sprites be used? Considering they're not legal in-game, shouldn't they be unavailable on PS as well? I know it's only an aesthetic difference, but imo there's no fundamental difference between banning unreleased sprites and unreleased Pokemon.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Something I've never really understood: why can Xerneas's and Yveltal's shiny sprites be used? Considering they're not legal in-game, shouldn't they be unavailable on PS as well? I know it's only an aesthetic difference, but imo there's no fundamental difference between banning unreleased sprites and unreleased Pokemon.
Like you said, it's an aesthetic difference; Smogon doesn't pride itself on aesthetic consistency, and as such it's a trivial matter.

Hello everyone, it probably is not the right section but anyway I want to show everyone the abuse of power made by the two players in the chat Italian.

Gym Leader Touhou: that we do not give a fuck about your passion masochist
Paradox18: But go, I want to share with the world my pain ..
Paradox18: Perdincibacco, you said a bad word! o_O
Paradox18 was warned by MIXXX. (If I want to punish you? N_n)
Paradox18 was muted by MIXXX for 7 minutes. (punished)
+ T-R-I-C-K-I-N-G: 60 was better imo
Paradox18 was muted by MIXXX for 60 minutes. (yes, stronger)

Hey guys, is there a guide for formatting the welcome message for an own room on the official server?

Or is formatting reduced to simple text instead of pictures, images and icons?

Hey guys, is there a guide for formatting the welcome message for an own room on the official server?

Or is formatting reduced to simple text instead of pictures, images and icons?
its just /roomintro [insert HTML here] you can just type in your HTML code including links, pictures, buttons etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)