Apprentice Program: Round Eighty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username:Venom1992
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Venom1992
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:eastern standard and anytime after 6 pm
What tier do you want to learn?:XY ou and/or XY uu
Tell us a little about yourself:Ive been playing pokemon since first gen, and love every iteration of pokemon. Ive just started in gen 5 to play competitive and really want to learn more! Pokemon is my favorite video game and I love football ( Go Miami Dolphins!)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:sure thing!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?:Absolutely!

A brief explanation of why I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): Ive been playing on Showdown for months now trying to get acclimated with how it is on there. Im a quick learner and know each individual pokemon pretty well but still need help with team building and synergy. Im willing to work as hard as my tutor would want me to and im looking forward to being a better battler and helping other people also!

I was skipped in round 86

Username: JudgeMasterCid
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: JMC Helsinki
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT: -6 / After 6:00 P.M. - More or Less Until 12:00 A.M.
What tier do you want to learn?: (XY): OU / Ubers / LC.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a returning veteran from Gen. IV, interested in learning the current trends of the Metagame. Eager to learn, test, innovate, and gain experience so that I may become a better Trainer in general. I'm familiarized with statistics, among other skills which may assist in R&D. Spanish is my mother tongue, but I am also fluent in French as well. Ultimately, I would like to contribute to Smogon in a positive manner, which has brought me to Battling 101 as a way to improve myself so that I may accomplish that goal.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Certainly.

A brief explanation of why I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): As a returning veteran, I believe I still possess skills which can aid not only to my adaptation to the new Metagame, but also which I can eventually improve to the point of becoming a well-rounded Trainer. I possess a good degree of attention to detail, the capacity to appropriately judge most situations during Battle, and the will to learn and improve, all of which I believe can push me to becoming a complete, efficient contributor to the Smogon Community.

Username: Salt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sa1t
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. I'm usually available all day starting around noon, but work a part time job which can affect my availability at times, but shouldn't be a problem working around it.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU or XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I've lately been spending most of my time on the forums in CAP, and want to learn more about OU so I can contribute more. I'm also interested in Doubles but don't know much about it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Username: KarateKoala
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: KarateKoala
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 (EST), Available all of friday, saturday, and sunday. Available after 12:30 PM on monday and wednesday. On tuesdays and thursdays im in class all day, so cant do anything until after 6 PM. Im on showdown and the forums
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im gonna be a junior in college, and Ive been playing competitively since the beginning of BW2, so only about a year and a half. I feel like I'm a pretty good teambuilder, and it's actually the part of competitive pokemon i like most. When it comes to battling though, I feel like I could be a lot better, and was hoping this was where I could get the most help. My hope is to be able to compete and do well in some of the higher level tournaments such as WCoP and the smogon tours, where there are a ton of really good battlers.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup

A brief explanation of why I should be tutored (less than 25 posts): I have been a little bit active on the forums, but mostly I've been a lurker for the past year and a half. I feel as though if I get battler at battling and become more comfortable with the community that I can be a very positive contributor and presence in the smogon forums.

Last edited:
Username: LzrGunPewPew
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 (EST), Usually available between 12 PM to 11 PM my time
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: 16-year old high school student, learned about PS last year from a friend and have been playing since.

I was skipped in the previous round (Round 86)

I WAS SKIPPED LAST ROUND 86

Username: Awesomeceus
Pokemon Showdown Username: Awesomeceus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 (whole Saturday except 1-5 pm/Sunday afternoon)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Always busy schedule so I'm quite often offline but I know quite a lot about competitive Pokemon but there are still many things I don't know so I want to learn more.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 86 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: DarkOwl
Pokemon Showdown Username: Noob2pokemon/Perman00b@pokemon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC or GMT -5(not really familiar with the time zone formats) 12:00 pm -10:30 pm. 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn? XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I played Pokemon since 1st generation up to current. I got interested in competitive battle around gen 5 but I only learned about Ev training and
Iv breeding. It was around this gen I wanted to try out competitive battling, but I learned that playing my casual way and playing competitively are two big different things. I want to be able to get better at playing Pokemon competitively.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yea I'll do it
I want to learn how to play Pokemon competitively, understand how to use a Pokemon's role effectively, understand the tiers, what Pokemon counters/checks another Pokemon, and I also want to learn how to predict what the other player will do. I'm on Pokemon Showdown about almost everyday.

I was skipped during Round 86

the poke sweeper

Pokémon Master
Username: the poke sweeper
Pokemon Showdown Username: the poke sweeper
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC-08:00 im usually available all throughout the day but im available most between 3pm-12am
What tier would you like to learn?:XY VGC and XY Ubers if possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: Im an amature artist and I am self taught, i'd say an average level battler, and hope to one day become a screen writer. Im far from new to the competitive scene and have played competitively since early BW.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: I don't see any reason not to, so yes i will.

Last edited:
Username:Lost Soul
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Lost Soul22
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Gmt-8, 12pm-12am
What tier do you want to learn?: XY RU or XY NU or even XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon competitively off and on since Diamond and Pearl, i use to be fairly good at it back then, but as far as XY goes i find myself struggling to gain any consistency in any tier above RU lately, I'm a rather friendly person that is open to new ideas and constructive criticism, and I'm fairly active and willing to do whatever it takes to get better, I'm a big fan of the NU tier as well as the RU tier, as well i'm a pretty big sports fan, but if there is anything else that you need to know about me please ask and i will be happy to tell you.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely
Are you interested in playing for the Round 86 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

Had Inactive Tutor Last Round.

Username: D4RR3N
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: D4RR3N
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, evenings my time and basically anytime during weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive mons for a few years already, mainly OU. I'm looking to learn a new tier in a new generation for me.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Most probably.

Username:Angeela
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Angeela
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-8(PST) 1pm-3am
What tier do you want to learn?:XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pretty quiet person , love to lurk around showdown sometimes while managing to talk other times. Most of the time you see I'll probably be in a battle. I started to get into competitive in B/W although I rarely even battled let alone have a team . I always wanted to try ubers but at the time didn't catch my attention as OU did. I'm really into anime as well . :]
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

Last edited:

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Username: 13ulbasaur
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: 13ulbasaur
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+12 (New Zealand). On Weekdays I'm available from 4.30pm - 10.30pm and on weekends my schedules are wonky but I can often be on whenever.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Smogon Doubles or Battle Spot Doubles or VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old whose voice apparently sounds like a 12-14 year old and I think that's a bad thing. I do get an apparently interesting accent though. I get horribly nervous in battles even though I've played Pokemon as long as I can remember. I'm currently studying graphic design and hope to work in the industry in the future.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Possibly.

My Tutor was inactive last round 86

Last edited:
Username: Yivyn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Showdown username is Yivyn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, anytime M-F after 7:30pm until midnight. Sat/Sun more or less all day but will give a heads up otherwise.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue. Wanted to get into competative since DPPt, but never really had the opportunity or the means to. I really enjoy breeding, so having an end goal (read: badass mon for battle) for that would be sweet. Mainly, I just want to play Pokemon and stop getting #rekt.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah of course
You must provide a brief explanation of why you should be tutored if you have under 25 posts: I really enjoy battling, and understand the basics. But I lack an understanding of many things within the competative side of Pokemon, so my hope is to gather that understanding from a mentor as I learn better with someone else.

Last edited:
Username:PeinHero
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:EyeOfPein
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt + 03:00 all days of the week around 7-9 pm
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Iam playing pokemon since i was a kid and always want to go competitively.So i decide to move forward and i play competitive from the begin of the BW and till now in XY.My main goal is too start building my own teams so i need a little help in this part.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?:I would love to take part in this round.
Why I should be tutored:I have some knowledge around competitive but the main thing that i want from a tutor is to help me improve around the team building and show me and explain me better the things about the meta.

Username: Hyjinks_Gamer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hyjinks_Gamer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC -08:00 I'm on only during Saturday, Sunday (12:00pm-12:00am) and sometimes on Mondays (11:00am-6:30pm).
What tier do you want to learn?: I would like to learn Ubers because my friend is also learning it.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a junior at high school. I want to go to college and learn how to design games. I started playing Pokémon since Pokémon Yellow came out. My friend introduced me to competitive play and ever since then I enjoy it. I want to learn more about competitive play
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Of course, but I suck at tournaments.
Why I want to be tutored: I'm going to honesty here, I'm not good at competitive play. I want to get good so I can enter tournaments and not lose on the first round. I want to be able to beat my friend who is a much better player than me. I want to learn the basic structure of a good competitive team. This is the only thing that keeps me in love with Pokémon, being able to show your skill to people around the world. This is why I want to be tutored.

Last edited:
*Username*: Enki
*Age*: today 18 :3
*Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username*: Enki
*Your timezone and usual hours of availability*: GMT +3, afternoon and basically anytime during weekends
*What tier do you want to learn?*: XY OU
*Tell us a little about yourself*: Well i started playing pokemon maybe 1 year ago.. And now i wanto to improve myself in XY OU.
*Will you be willing to do tutee talk
threads on your tutors?*: yes
*Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?*: yes
P.S.: I have talked with limitless and for some past problems he said i have prioroty for this round. And now Jirachee is agree to tutor me :]

Username: SoulRed12
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Showdown: SoulRed12 (I don't play PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT-8), available most days 2-3pm and any time between 7pm and 10pm. (though between 7 and 10, I can usually only spend an hour or so on the sim)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively since DPP (I was pretty bad in Gen IV though), and I started doing fairly well in the BW era. In XY I have found a fair amount of success with certain teams, but not nearly as much as I'd like. I have been avoiding signing up for this tutor program because I keep thinking all I need is a little more practice, but lately I've been realizing I must be missing something I can't get by just trying harder. Although I understand a lot about the metagame, when I actually sit down to ladder I tend to always get that phenomenon where it feels like top threats are only threatening when they're being used against me haha. I suspect a large part of the problem is game planning, i.e. deciding a plan of action on team preview and throughout the battle, as well as team building too (though I know the basic concepts).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I dunno what this is about, as I can't find info on it, and it just looks like an empty sub forum...but everyone else is saying sure, so I'll say "sure" as well
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah, though I think I've already been beating to the punch by too many people haha.

Username: Demacian Draven
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sorento - PO / Demacian Draven - PS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 / CDT. From 12 - 7 PM in weekdays and Sundays.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a student, a big Pokemon fan and a competitive player for quite some time. But I stopped playing for a while and so I have lost some sharpeness, while also being a stranger to the 6th gen meta. I'm also an anime geek and a PC gamer, always up for a game or two.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah, I'm always up for a challenge.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS.
In every forum I have been, I'm always more of a lurker. But that doesn't mean I couldn't be helpful, especially after a couple of lessons. I could help the community since I love theorycrafting, experimenting with different sets and teams, while also being a pretty competitive person for tournaments.

EDIT: Forgot to write my availability.

Last edited:
Username: MonadVirgil
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: MonadVirgil (showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central timezone, my hours are flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU singles and possibly doubles.
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing since gen one, started playing competitively since gen four. In my opinion I have been getting better after watching poketubers play, but I cannot seem to get past 1300's in the OU singles ladder. My lack of skill was not prevalent to me until I tried to play in the suspect ladder to ban the deos. I was being outplayed left and right, I could only beat people who had no idea what they were doing or were running incredibly gimmicky teams, the skill I would learn here would not go to waste. I will use everything I learn to help teach other pokemon players these strats (may it be through the smogon forums or irl) and give back to the community as much as I can in return for being given such an opportunity.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 86 Tutee Tournament?: Bring it, yo!

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Well, my 'about me' pretty much covers it. I am not just looking to get good and leave forever, I want to get better so I can give back to the community that I have been lurking on for so long and help foster the amazing experience that is competitive pokemon!

I was skipped round eighty six!

Username: Zekrom2525
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Zekrom2525
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 1:00pm-2:00am CST
What tier do you want to learn?: all tiers incuding OU & UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I enjoy playing pokemon
Will you be willing to do tutee talkthreads on your tutors?: Yes

Username: JedStoleMyFish
Pokemon Showdown Username: JedStoleMyFish
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EDT -0400, Usually available between 1pm and 1 am. It really depends on the day. I have no set schedule with my employment.
What tier do you want to learn?: All of them! If I had to pick, it would be OU first.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently going into my junior year of college as a music education major. I'm slowly breaking into the world of gigging as a musician, and am loving every bit of it. I've been trolling smogon for years, and am finally taking a step into becoming part of the community.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely

EDIT: Why should I be tutored? I have been playing on simulators for years, and have been trying to become a better player, but I have no idea where to start when if comes to learning the advanced concepts and intricacies of battling by myself. Being a tutee would help me to become a better battler, and in return, would allow me to contribute in a positive manner to the Smogon community.

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Username: mur22
Pokemon online/ pokemon shoddy/ pokemon showdown username: mur90
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: EST 2pm-2am
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon since the original GSC days and have just recently gotten into competitive in gen 6. I am pretty laid back and a quick learner so tutoring me won't be a hassle. I also have a very competitive side of me that wishes to one day compete in the large tours on Smogon with the best battlers around.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads about your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the round 87 tutee tournament?: Yes of course!
You must provide a brief explanation of why you should be tutored if you have under 25 posts: I feel that I am not at the level to provide advice to others and I have just joined recently. Although I'm not the worst player around(have peaked around 1600 on the ladder) I seem to struggle with some fundamental things that could be taught to me by an experienced player such as when to use predictions and using team preview to devise a gameplan. Along with these flaws and my seemingly lack luster team building skills I feel that I should be tutored to learn the art of competitive battling!

Username: TheGreatNicky
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemon Showdown: TheGreatNicky
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, typically free any weekday after 5.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm going to college as a theater major with a focus in comedy, and have been playing Magic competitively for the past few years. I'm not the best, but I've placed in the money at a Grand Prix. Due to the move for college, I don't really have the time or money to go chasing tournaments, and since I've been lurking here awhile and am a huge Pokemon fan and need a competitive game, I really want to take up Pokemon battling.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: Yeah :D
Why should I be tutored?: I've been a pokemon fan since the original games when I was in Kindergarten, but never really got into the competitive scene. I've been lurking at this site for a while and reading some strategies and I really want to start competing. I've a pretty competitive Magic player and while it's different, I feel like I can strategically approach a game, so even though I'm not an experienced Pokemon Battler, I feel like I can learn quickly and make the most out of what I do learn.

Username: Bhunivelze
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Shoddy/Pokemon Showdown Username: Bhunivelze
Your Time Zone And Usual Hours Of Availability: PDT (Pacific Day Time), my hours are available. 6pm-9pm
What tier do you want to learn: XY NU
Tells Us A Little Bit About Yourself: I'm just your typical Pokemon Trainer that loves competitive battling and most of all improving my skills. I want to learn more about the meta game, so i decided that NU is an interesting place to start. I found NU so difficult, but i want to learn about this tier a lot.
Will You Be Willing To Do Tutee Talk Threads About Your Tutors? Yes.
Are You Interested In Playing For The Round 87 Tutee Tournament? Yes.
You Must Provide A Brief Explanation Of Why You Should Be Tutored If You Have Under 25 Posts: The reason is simple. I want to learn more about the metagame in general to help future players out, which is why i'm requesting an experienced player that can teach how to play the NU tier. I'm usually able to help users in PS, but i want to broaden my horizons by learning how to play other tiers. I lack skills at times, perhaps it's also the fact that i need to improve my team building skills and also how to utilize my Pokemon based on wall, sweeper, late-game, and most of all i guess learn how to properly do EV spreads properly.

Username: Aguilo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Pokemon Showdown: Aguilo_suerte
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PDT (Pacific Day Time I think it's GMT-7) Free Monday Wednesday and Friday After 5:00 P.M Weekends it depends if I'm not out
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/UU/NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student taking very hard classes. I've been a huge fan of pokemon since I've gotten pokemon yellow as my first game ever pikachu will always be my favorite. I like the pokemon anime a lot (but BW was a disappointment still watching XY). I also like other animes like SAO. I know Spanish (since it was my first language also because I'm Hispanic), learning Chinese, and want to learn Japanese and Italian. ummm.. I like Mexican Food <--- this feels random XD
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yep
Are you interested in playing for the Round 87 Tutee Tournament?: if I have the time then yes :)
You must provide a brief explanation of why you should be tutored if you have under 25 posts: well I know the basics of competitive battling but I never seem to win battles when I battle online. I've been into it for a while now but I just can't seem to understand it well that's why I want to learn from the best. I feel like I always need a tutor/teacher to learn, trying to learn by myself and reading guides just seem confusing to me so that's why I want to be tutored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)